WOW - Indy Wrestling in the CornellVerse

The well-wishers were filing out of the viewing room after looking over the coffin of my old boss, real estate magnate Thurston Vanderbilt. For the last thirty years I’d served him as butler, office assistant and occasional foil for his hard driving, but wealthy man. I honored and respected him for all he’d done for me and my family. I owed him a great debt and although I had saved enough money to retire, I had promised him that I would watch over his children and assist them in their business ventures. I didn’t expect it to be too difficult. Thurston had two biological children and one step child. The two biological children were already very successful in business. His eldest Richard was in Singapore now running an Asian division for the real estate empire Thurston created. He was very happy there and I rarely saw him. His daughter Kristi was doing marketing for many of the American holdings of Thurston Holdings Unlimited, and obviously loved her work. She had been a great support to her father in his last months. His stepchild however, isn’t interested in real estate. Allan had grown up in a rough neighborhood, and although Thurston and I had tried to civilize him he still loved violent sports. All through his teen years I kept hearing about the exploits of various wrestlers. He loved to watch the matches and always begged that Thurston pay for the various special events when they occurred. Allan did have a lot of respect for his step-father though. Although he had wanted to become a wrestler, he had agreed to go to the university and prepare for life in the business world in case his dream to be a wrestler failed. I know he tried to wrestle in college, but he never was a great athlete and I don’t think he ever wrestled competitively. But I digress a little. What is key is that the week before Mr. Vanderbilt died, Allan had spoken to him in his room. Allan had asked for Thurston’s blessing to start a wrestling promotion and attempt to make it the biggest in the world. I had heard Thurston agree, but ask that Allan only fund it with a small initial outlay and if that money ran out he was to return to working for the real estate company, also he asked that the company not open until January 1, 2007. Allan had agreed and I found myself suddenly volunteered to help run a wrestling promotion. The funeral was December 11, 2006. Allan was already looking over wrestling reports and making sure that all the legal and financial issues were handled. Come the New Year, his promotion, Women of Wrestling would be opening in the Great Lakes region.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
January 1, 2007 Well, Allan isn’t going to wait long before things get started. He showed up in the office he’d set up for WOW promptly at 8 am, and immediately started using the telephone. Before the day was over he’d left a multitude of messages. He looked at me and smiled as he was shutting down the computer that evening. “I’ve contacted 19 performers who currently are looking for work. I still need to find an announcer, but if I can’t find one immediately I can work as one until we can hire one. I’ve also ordered a title belt.” “A title belt?” I asked. “Yes, Charlton,” Allan replied. (Oh, terribly bad of me not to mention it. My name is Charlton Remington. It is inexcusable of me to have failed to mention that in my first post.) “The fans are going to expect to see the promotion have a title belt. Actually we will eventually need more than one, but for now I expect the roster to be small enough that only one belt will work. I also need to set up some storylines, but I can’t do that until I find out who will be wrestling for WOW. I guess we’ll find out in the next couple weeks.”

[B]Saturday, Week 1, January 2007.[/B] Allan had been working hard, and I have found myself busy collecting contracts and making sure everything is filed properly. He’s still trying to get in touch with one lady he says has experience as a road agent, but otherwise he’s happy with who he has for now. The roster as it stands (red indicates heel) [U]Main Eventers[/U] April Appleseed Candy Floss Kate Lilly [COLOR="Red"]Eve Grunge[/COLOR] [U] Upper Midcarders[/U] Paige Croft Debbie Rose Calamity Joan [COLOR="Red"]Carnival Queen Kendra Agent 69 Chrsitina Charisma[/COLOR] [U]Midcarder[/U] Kinuye Mushashibo [COLOR="Red"]Nadia Snow Roz Larren [/COLOR] [U]Lower Midcarder[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Olivia Diamond Ginko Kuroda[/COLOR] [U] Others[/U] Marty Papin (Announcer) Elegance (Referee) Allan Rabb (filling in as the color commentator) ------ OOC - I'd love to post the various portraits for those not familiar with the female wrestlers of the Cornellverse, but I'm not very good at things like that. If someone can help me through that I'll happily add them to future posts.

Wednesday, Week 2, January 2007 Well, things are happening slowly, but Allan continues to work hard. First, Olivia Diamond, contacted Allan through me to ask that she get a better push. Allan watched some film from some independent shows she did in 2006, and said he’d upgrade her to a midcarder for now. He also has scheduled shows for the next seven months. For now he’s planning a show for the third Friday each month. He says that attendance will probably be poor for the first few months. Finally just today as I returned from lunch I found Allan on the phone with the last person he asked me to contact for him. The only name I had on record was Buttercup, but Allan had said she was quite experienced and could serve as both road agent and color commentator. The smile on his face when he hung up made it clear that Buttercup had agreed to his terms and would appear at WOW’s Annual Party in the next week.

Friday, Week 3, January 2007 [B]WOW Annual Party[/B] It was the night of the inaugural event for Women of Wrestling. I was there to sell tickets and merchandise as well as meeting the wrestlers as they arrived and greeting them. (It might not be at the Vanderbilt Mansion, but a good butler always meets the employees when they arrive.) I must admit that I was rather nervous. Unlike Allan I had never spent much time watching wrestling and I had little idea of what to expect. I did notice that Buttercup was the first to arrive and she and Allan spent a considerable amount of time going over a schedule he has created earlier in the week. I looked over the schedule, but couldn’t really understand it. Hopefully in the future I’ll be able to offer greater insight on this. ********************************************************** The night began with Kinuye Mushashibo going down to the ring as she was in the first match. Before her opponent could come out Olivia Diamond ran to the ring and started beating on Kinuye. The beating continued for a couple minutes, but then Candy Floss would rush out and chase Olivia out of the back of the gymnasium where the event was being held. [COLOR="Red"]F+[/COLOR] [B] Kinuye Mushashibo v Ginko Kuroda[/B] Sadly, Kinuye’s night didn’t get much better. Ginko game down and quickly took advantage of the groggy Kinuye. She kept Kinuye from getting much offense and used a number of throws and grapples I remember from more traditional wrestling events before pinning Kinuye to win the first match. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] Once Kinuye and Ginko returned to the back Roz Larren and Paige Croft ran into each other at the locker room entrance. The exchange could be heard throughout the gym Roz: I can’t believe they hired a flat chested wimp like you. Why would anyone want to watch you wrestle? The only man you could attract would be a blind one? Paige: And someone is supposed to be excited by your fake leather jacket and paint on tattoos? You want everyone to think you are tough, but backstage you were crying because you dropped a cooler on your foot. Roz: Hah! You could never beat me in anything. Paige: I’ll beat you in the ring At this point Allan who had been backstage came out to announce that at WOW Hatefest in February Roz and Paige would face each other in the ring. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B]Tag match – Kate Lilly and Debbie Rose v Agent 69 and Nadia Snow[/B] I heard that Kate and Debbie had worked together in some independent shows, and they definitely were familiar with each others style. This flow threw Nadia and Agent 69 off their game, and after a botched tag Kate was able to roll up Nadia for the pin after she and Debbie used the Lilly Launch Pad. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] Next Christina Charisma came down to the ring to face Calamity Joan Christina: I know you are all enjoying being here, but I’m going to make sure you enjoy this next match even more. My opponent is a flower child. A young lady who doesn’t deserve to come to the ring to kiss my feet let alone wrestle with one as great as I. I know that I am your diva. The woman you all come to see, but tonight, I’m going to let you see all of the hippy love child. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] [B]Christina Charisma v Calamity Joan – bra and panties match[/B] Calamity tried her best to make Christina regret her open taunt, but Christina’s mat wrestling was just too strong. She kept using holds to land Calamity on the match and with each hold she was able to loosen Calamity’s ring outfit a bit more. Finally she wore out Calamity and left her in the ring in her bra and panties. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] [B]Candy Floss v Carnival Queen Kendra[/B] Candy looked good and had a strong offense going most of the match. However Olivia must have been upset about the earlier incident because she came out to the ring and while Candy was setting up a leap from the corner post grabbed the rope causing Candy to fall. Carnival Queen Kendra quickly made the pinfall for the victory. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] Eve Grunge came down as she was part of the main event. Eve: I know what you are thinking, and it doesn’t matter. I’m going to win this match and emerge as the first WOW Gold Title Champion. April might have been good years ago in AAA, but if she was truly champion material she’d still be there. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] [B] Eve Grunge v April Appleseed – WOW Gold Title Match[/B] Eve clearly knew more about mat wrestling than April, but April used a combination of power and speed to keep Eve from getting a submission and after breaking an attempted sleeper hold by backing Eve into a corner turnbuckle turned and rolled up the rocker queen for the win. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] [B] Overall Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] For a first match in front of 14 people, it wasn’t bad. Allan did say he will have to have the wrestlers reduce the intensity a bit.

Wednesday, Week 4, January 2007 Allan had commented that Elegance didn’t seem ready to referee some of the higher energy matches. He spent a lot of time this week on the phone and today handed me a new contract for Dewey Libertine, an experienced, but unemployed referee.

[B]Friday, Week 3, February 2007[/B] Its been a slow month. A new federation opened in Europe, but Allan hasn’t’ looked to closely at it. He did comment that one of the women wrestlers for one of the Canadian promotions had gotten hurt, but followed up by saying that he had heard the injury was minor. I think the only item of note to WOW was when Sara Silver accepted a developmental contract with SCW and started working for Rhode Island Pro Wrestling as their color commentator. It doesn’t appear that it will have an immediate effect on our promotion, but Allan has said that even if they are more about the outfits than the wrestling, BSC is still a close competitor at this time, and them losing a good color commentator was a surprise. Well, that’s enough history, tonight is WOW’s second event. WOW Hate Fest ********************************************************** The night began with a video of the encounter between Paige Croft and Roz Larren from the previous week. While it was playing Marty Papin tried to build up excitement as the two wrestlers came to the ring. [COLOR="Red"]F-[/COLOR] [B]Paige Croft v Roz Larren[/B] Both wrestlers came out serious and this was a hard fought opening match. However Roz wasn’t going to let herself lose and after using a chair to stun Paige, rolled her up for the pin. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] Meanwhile a fight had broken out backstage and as Paige and Roz returned to the back Nadia was attempting to beat down on her opponent from the previous show, Debbie Rose. Things looked bad for Debbie when Candy Floss appeared and made the save. [COLOR="Red"]F[/COLOR] [B] Candy Floss v Olivia Diamond – Bra and Panties Match[/B] Olivia and Candy looked like they wanted to continue their fight from the previous show. Olivia clearly wanted revenge and used every dirty trick she could think of in order to gain an advantage, but in the end she used too many illegal moves and Elegance called for the bell and disqualification. Olivia looked extremely upset as Candy was declared the winner. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] Backstage things were still noisy as Kate Lilly was in Allan’s face about the earlier beatdown by Nadia Kate: Nadia attacked my partner. I demand you do something about it Allan: What would you have me do? Was Debbie injured? Kate: No, but she could have been. There is justification for that kind of attack. You have to do something! Agent 69: (who happened to walk up during Kate’s tirade) If Debbie hadn’t been such a wimp, it wouldn’t have mattered. And why are you here, can’t Debbie fight her own battles? Kate: What! You are some Russian hussy. I heard you traveled to the US on your back! Agent 69: No one says that to a faithful daughter of mother Russia Allan: Hold it ladies! I can see this is going to go nowhere. Instead, next month at WOW Bring on the Pain, you two will face each other in a match to settle this. Both ladies just glared at Allan as the left them in shock with his sudden announcement. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B]Nadia Snow v Debbie Rose[/B] Nadia looked a lot more confident than Debbie who seemed to be slightly off her game from the start. In the middle Kate Lilly came down to ringside, but an appearance by Agent 69 chased her to the back as Nadia got the roll up and pin. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B]April Appleseed v Christina Charisma – WOW Gold Title match[/B] April looked like a dominant champion as she used all her skills to control the match. Even an attack by Eve Grunge who came charging out of the back didn’t disrupt the WOW champion’s game, and although Christina fought hard in the end she was held down and pinned. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] Afterwards Eve watched April hoist the title belt over her head and then attacked from behind starting a brawl that would continue to the back as the show ended. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Overall Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR]

[B]Friday, Week 3, March 2007[/B] Its been a very quiet month. I did hear that Nadia Snow and Candy Floss had given an interview to one of those wrestling websites and said that they are really enjoying working together at WOW, but overall womens wrestling in the US hasn’t had any major changes. So on with the show. [B] WOW Bring on the Pain Kinuye Mushashibo v Roz Larren[/B] Back at the WOW Annual Party, Kinuye had received a rather hostile fan reaction and I know Allan worried about this match. It was dominated by Roz who got the pin while using the ropes to add leverage. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] Then Roz grabbed a microphone to speak Roz: Last month, you all saw me take little tomboy Paige and beat her down. Perhaps she thinks having the last name Croft makes her some kind of super fighter, but last month I proved that she’s nothing more than another wimp who is all talk. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Paige Croft v Olivia Diamond – Bra and Panties Match[/B] Paige came out on fire and never let up. Olivia got thrown about the ring and despite a couple desperate counters never really had much of a chance to get started. In the end Olivia was left lying in the center of the ring as Paige held her blouse and skirt over her head in triumph. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] Paige then took her turn on the microphone. Paige: Roz you really think you are so great? Last month you beat me. It took a blow from a chair to take me down though. You couldn’t win without going outside the rules. So… I say we should face each other again, to prove who really is the best. [COLOR="Red"]E- [/COLOR] [B]Kate Lilly v Agent 69[/B] Kate came out and showed that she is a strong competitor, easily dominating Agent 69. However, her attention was too much on the match and Nadia Snow was able to come to the ring and grab her leg as she was using the ropes to build momentum for a clothesline. Agent 69 quickly moved in to obtain the pin on the stunned Kate Lilly. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] After the match Nadia and Agent 69 decided to beat down on Kate Lilly while she was helpless in the ring. Before they could do too much damage Candy Floss came out from the back and chased them off. [COLOR="Red"]F+[/COLOR] [B]Eve Grunge v Christina Charisma[/B] Eve came out and what had been expected to be a technical match turned into a bit of a brawl. Neither wrestler seemed to get a smooth offense going and when both went and got chairs the match was declared a double disqualification. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] April was coming down to the ring after the match and saw Eve walking to the back She grabbed the microphone and started to talk. April: Eve, I can’t believe you girl. Here you are in the best country in the land, in front of the great fans in wrestling. And you have to get a chair to win a match. You always say you can make anyone submit, but here you are using chairs to win matches. You aren’t worthy of being in the main event with me, and tonight I will prove it. [COLOR="Red"]F+[/COLOR] [B]April Appleseed v Carnival Queen Kendra – WOW Gold Title Match[/B] April came out and dominated the party diva. Kendra did show some ability, but April was clearly the better wrestler and pinned Kendra to defend her title. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B] Overall Rating: [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR][/B] -------- OOC jaded, I like Nadia as well, and I have plans for her if I can keep her from being poached by the other promotions.

Thursday, Week 4, March 2007 In a surprise to me Allan dropped a new contract on my desk for filing. He had contacted Mary Beth Chase and signed her as a new main event wrestler. It will be interesting to see if the audience will accept her brawling style, as all the other wrestlers are technicians and entertainers.

[B]Friday, Week 3, April 2007 WOW April Duels[/B] [B]Ginko Kuroda v Calamity Joan[/B] This was a fairly close match, but Ginko’s technical skills allowed her to break up the flow of Calamity’s offense and tie up the hippy wrestler in a figure-four leglock for the submission win. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] Eve Grunge then came out Eve: April, you think you are such a great wrestler. That belt you have is a lie. You haven’t had to defend it against me and are avoiding me because you know I’ll beat you. I challenge you to stop avoiding the future and face me in the ring for the Gold Title. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Candy Floss v Nadia Snow – Lingerie Match[/B] Candy was the dominant wrestler and kept using her acrobatic skills to flip Nadia around the ring. Nadia tried her best, but Candy eventually got an easy pin. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] Roz then came out Roz: Paige, you say that I didn’t win clean the first time. Well, you can have your rematch to prove that you are better. I’ll enter the ring to face you at WOW Summer Haze in June and prove to all the fans here that I am truly the biggest rising star in WOW. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Lilly & Rose v Mardi Gras – Tag Match [/B] (Kate Lilly & Debbie Rose v Carnival Queen Kendra & Christina Charisma) This was the first time that Carnival Queen and Christina Charisma ever worked together in the ring, and their inexperience showed. Despite some desperate work by Christina attempting to pull out a win Kate Lilly hit the Lilly Launch Pad and followed up with the pin. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] After the match Kate and Debbie remained in the ring with a microphone Kate: I know you all expected Agent 69 and Nadia Snow to show up, but those two are cowards Debbie: They hide in the dark and only come out when they can use sneak attacks Kate: They are weak and will always be weak. We are the true stars of WOW [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B]Eve Grunge v Paige Croft[/B] Eve dominated the match throughout the early minutes, grounding Paige and using a number of holds to wear down her opponent. But Paige managed to get a counter in and started to show some offense and Eve left the ring to grab her guitar and use it as a club on Paige. Referee Dewey Libertine called for the bell and declared Paige the winner by disqualification. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] After the bell ran Eve continued to beat on Paige until Allan and others managed to drag her from the ring. [COLOR="Red"]F-[/COLOR] [B]April Appleseed v Mary Beth Chase – WOW Gold Title Match[/B] Mary Beth’s style is more of a brawl than the usual high energy wrestling that the other ladies use, and Allan worried about how the fans would react. April seemed more than a little surprised by the style, but was able to secure the pin to retain the title. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] [B]Overall Rating: [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] [/B] (As feared the audience didn’t care for the brawling style of Mary Beth Chase although the match itself was good.)

[B]Friday, Week 3, May 2007 WOW Schools Out Calamity Joan v Roz Larren[/B] Roz came out and pushed around the hippy wrestler, although Calamity managed some offense. However Roz was willing to use the ropes for leverage and get the pin. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] After the match Calamity started arguing with referee Elegance about Roz using the ropes. Elegance wasn’t looking too interested when Roz came from behind and attacked Calamity and started beating her down to the mat. Roz fled after Candy Floss came charging out of the locker room to make the save. [COLOR="Red"]F[/COLOR] [B]Agent 69 v Debbie Rose[/B] These two took out a lot of built up aggression in this match. Agent 69 was looking strong, but Debbie managed to stop every pin attempt. When referee Dewey Libertine managed to get knocked down Agent 69 ran out and threw a chair into the ring. Dewey came too just as Debbie picked it up and hit Agent 69 as she returned to the ring and declared Debbie the loser by disqualification. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] As Debbie was returning to the back Nadia came out for her match and stopped Debbie on the walkway. Nadia: I see that you aren’t much of a threat without your partner. She always was the good one of your pairing. [COLOR="Red"]F[/COLOR] [B]Nadia Snow v Paige Croft[/B] Paige looked like the stronger wrestler and was gaining a good deal of momentum towards winning the match when Roz Larren came in and attacked Paige allowing Nadia to get the pin. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] After the match Roz continued her attack by pulling Paige’s blouse and shorts off leaving her in the ring in her underwear. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Kate Lilly v Mary Beth Chase[/B] Mary Beth has a lot of power and used it to push Kate around the ring, but Kate used speed and a hurricanrana to get Mary Beth on the mat and get the pin. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] Eve came out for the main event against Candy Floss. While waiting for Candy to arrive she grabbed a microphone Eve: April, you have mocked me for using my guitar to beat on opponents. But that’s nothing like the beating you’ll receive next month at Independence Ball. Tonight I’m going to demonstrate just what you can expect when I face you and take that title belt away from you,. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B]Eve Grunge v Candy Floss[/B] Eve was in fine form and dominated the match using hold after hold. Candy did what she could but in the end she was put in a sleeper hold and counted out. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B]Overall Rating: [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [/B] (Allan was very disappointed in the poor response some of the matches received.)

[B]Friday, Week 3, June 2007 WOW Summer Haze[/B] [B] Olivia Diamond v Kinuye Mushashibo – Lingerie match[/B] Both wrestlers look good in the outfits they came to the ring in and the crowd seemed to enjoy the show. The match ended when Kinuye rolled Olivia up for the pin. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] Next Paige Croft came out and spoke Paige: You know, everyone is talking about Roz. And how great Roz is at wrestling. Well she’s nothing but a wannabe. She isn’t the hip chick she portrays. She hasn’t won anything significant here or anywhere else. [COLOR="Red"]F+[/COLOR] [B]Nadia Snow v Calamity Joan[/B] Nadia got a good pop from the crowd and dominated this match. In the end she used the ropes for extra leverage as she rolled Calamity Joan up for the pin. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] After the match Nadia took a moment to speak Nadia: I have to laugh at the antics of Lilly and Rose. Especially Debbie Rose. They love to act like they are such wonderful ladies and wrestlers, but what have they done? Debbie hasn’t even won a match without the help of her partner. Anyone could beat them. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B]Agent 69 v Paige Croft[/B] Paige kept up a great offense during the early part of the match, but Agent 69 used a shot of what looked like hairspray to stop Paige and while Paige was trying to clear her eyes she threw her down and put her in a figure-four leglock. Paige would lose by tapping out. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] After the match Agent 69 went into the crowd to get a chair and returned obviously planning to beat down on Paige. Before she could use it Candy Floss came down and chased Agent 69 from the ring. [COLOR="Red"]F+[/COLOR] [B]Kate Lilly v Christina Charisma[/B] Kate looked good early, and did a lot to slow down Christina. However Nadia came down and while Kate was arguing with Nadia, Christina used the distraction to get a quick rollup for a pin. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] After the match Debbie came down to join her tag team partner. Kate: We here have been taking a lot of heat from Agent 69 and Nadia Snow. Those 2 ladies have been calling themselves the Russian Connection, but they aren’t the best tag team here at WOW. But Lilly & Rose are the best, and we want to prove it at WOW Independence Ball. [COLOR="Red"]F[/COLOR] [B]April Appleseed v Eve Grunge – WOW Gold Title Match[/B] The match was fast. The match was a series of holds and throws. The match ended with April counted out due to a sleeper hold after Eve used her guitar to stun April. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] After the match Eve celebrated in the ring, holding the title belt up high. [COLOR="Red"]F+[/COLOR] [B]Overall Rating: [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] [/B] (the best show yet. Some of the angles aren’t coming off, but the match quality has definitely been improving.)

[B]July 1, 2007[/B] Allan was reviewing the videos from the earlier shows. He made some comments to me and asked me to keep records. Calamity is looking better in shows. It appears she’s taking more time on her appearance. Candy Floss has shown a bit more confidence when handling a microphone. Debbie Rose is displaying some new moves when the fight becomes a brawl. Kinuye isn’t getting tired as quickly in matches and shows a better grasp of English. I must say that he was happy with what he was seeing. It appears that the wrestlers are connecting with the crowd and things are developing nicely.

[B]Friday, Week 3, July 2007 WOW Independence Ball[/B] Backstage Paige was doing some primping when Roz walked by Roz: I can’t believe the time you spend doing that. You call yourself a tomboy, but I’ve seen Vegas show girls who spend less time in front of a mirror Paige: I want the men out there to like what they see. Its not like you are going to be getting them very excited Roz: You saying I don’t look nice. Paige: Maybe. Why don’t we go out in bikini’s and let the audience decide. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Ginko Kuroda v Kinuye Mushashibo[/B] Kinuye’s high risk moves confused Ginko for a while, but eventually Ginko’s strong technical skills resulted in a series of throws and holds. Kinuye was unable to get back on offense and eventually tapped out to a figure-four leg lock. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] April then came out April: Eve, you took my title belt from me. I’m sure that now you are all proud because you have the title. But I will take it back. I demand that you give me a rematch at WOW Bash at the Beach. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Paige Croft v Christina Charisma[/B] Paige dominated the match and used a combination of throws and high risk moves to control the match. However a head scissor takedown threw Christina from the ring and knocked referee Dewey Libertine down. Before he could recover Christina returned to the ring with a chair and used it to knock Paige out and hold her for the 3 count. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] Christina the took the microphone Christina: April, you act all high and mighty because you once worked for AAA. I worked for them as well, and I have to say I don’t remember you being any better than I back then. I challenge you to face me in the ring and I’m going to show all these fans that you are more talk than action. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B]Lilly & Rose v Russian Connection – Tag Team Match[/B] Agent 69 and Nadia Snow have been disrupting the wrestling of Kate Lilly and Debbie Rose in singles action for the last few weeks, but they can’t seem to be as smooth in tag team action as Lilly & Rose are. In the end the Lilly Launch Pad once again led to the pinfall. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Bikini Contest – Paige v Roz[/B] Allan came out to run this event which was easily won by Paige. Roz looked more than a bit upset as the winner was announced. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B]Candy Floss v Carnival Queen Kendra[/B] Candy used her high risk skills to put together a strong offense, but an elbow drop from the corner found no one there and Carnival Queen Kendra followed up with a quick pinfall. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] Allan came out Allan: Next month at WOW Bash at the Beach, Kate Lilly will get her first shot at title gold when Eve Grunge will defend the belt against her in the main event. [COLOR="Red"]F+[/COLOR] [B]April Appleseed v Mary Beth Chase[/B] April came out angry that this wasn’t a title match and on a couple occasions after hitting big moves looked back to the locker room as if to taunt Eve that she was going to get the belt back. However her wavering attention cost her as Mary Beth Chase used a quick move to get the roll up and pin. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] [B]Overall Rating: [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR][/B]

You're making the most of what you've got to work with, that's for sure :P Candy Floss in a serious indy fed? Whodathunkit? She seems to be doing well though. I also love the attempt to tell us the skill increases in a kayfabed form ¬_¬ Although Calamity Joan taking more time on her appearance is kinda odd. Is it up to ten seconds now? Five of which being because the zip jammed on her makeup bag? ¬_¬ Keep it up, it's a fun read :)

[QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175683]You're making the most of what you've got to work with, that's for sure :P Candy Floss in a serious indy fed? Whodathunkit? She seems to be doing well though.[/QUOTE] its fun to write. Candy drives me crazy though. She should be a great worker, but I can't seem to get the crowd behind her. [QUOTE=D-Lyrium;175683]I also love the attempt to tell us the skill increases in a kayfabed form ¬_¬ Although Calamity Joan taking more time on her appearance is kinda odd. Is it up to ten seconds now? Five of which being because the zip jammed on her makeup bag? ¬_¬ Keep it up, it's a fun read :)[/QUOTE] It was the best idea I came up with when I was putting together my notes. Considering that Calamity has a hippy gimmick you could be right.

[B]Friday, Week 3, August 2007 WOW Bash at the Beach[/B] Kate Lilly came down to the ring, and asked for the microphone, before she could begin to speak Russian Connection came down and started attacking her. Candy Floss however, arrived and chased them away. [COLOR="Red"]F[/COLOR] [B]Calamity Joan v Olivia Diamond – Foam Party[/B] I must say that having Calamity and Olivia in the ring in bikini’s was fun to watch. This match was open and flowing, with Calamity getting the pinfall victory. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] Agent 69 then came down to the ring Agent: You know, its just a shame that Debbie Rose sticks so close to Kate Lilly. Everyone knows that Roses don’t grow well in the shade and with Kate competing for the Gold Title little Rosie is going to start to wither away. And tonight, I’m here to begin the process. [COLOR="Red"]F+[/COLOR] [B]Debbie Rose v Agent 69[/B] Agent 69 has been on a winning streak in singles competition and once again proved to be the most dangerous of the midcard as she defeated Debbie by pinfall. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] April was heading down to the ring for her match with Christina when Allan appeared at the locker room entrance Allan: April, I know you are upset about losing the title, and want to face Eve again. However, you haven’t proved to me that you are worthy of a title shot. So I have decided, tonight, you face Christina Charisma, and if you fail to defeat her, you’ll never get another title shot in WOW. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]April Appleseed v Christina Charisma[/B] April started out very tentative and almost frightened. Allan’s comments clearly had had an effect. However, she managed to reverse an attempted sleeper hold and then used a samoan drop, which the fans called the Dropping Apple. for the pin. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] Backstage Debbie is talking to Kate Debbie: Look, you are the best here. Dynamic, pretty and fast. You know you can take Eve. She’s a mat wrestler who can’t handle attacks from the top rope. Use your agility and you’ll come back with the title. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Candy Floss v Mary Beth Chase[/B] Mary Beth dominated with her slow and deliberate attacks, but Candy went to the top rope and used a head scissors takedown to get a surprise pin. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] Eve came out for the main event Eve: April, so you won a match. But it took more luck than skill. You make such a big deal about being from AAA, but you haven’t impressed anyone here. You want another title shot, and I’ll give it to you, next month at WOW Labour Pains. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B]Eve Grunge v Kate Lilly – WOW Gold Title[/B] It was a wild all out match with Kate doing all she could to get a pinfall. However on one of her attempts to climb the ropes Nadia Snow came out and grabbed the rope causing her to fall and Eve followed up with a camel clutch for the submission victory. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] [B] Overall Rating: [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] [/B] (the lowest attendance ever though as only 10 people bothered to show up. A big disappointment as 15 people had come the previous month and fans appear to be enjoying the shows. Popularity in the Great Lakes region has increased to F after this event, so perhaps we will see a bigger crowd next month.)

Sunday, Week 1, September 2007 The resigning has gone smoothly with one exception. April Appleseed tried to demand a raise of more than $150 per show and Allan has broken off negotiations saying that he’d rather let her leave the company than pay such an amount.

[B]Friday, Week 3, September 2007 WOW Labour Pains[/B] [B]Debbie Rose v Nadia Snow[/B] After all the feuding that’s been going on between Debbie and Nadia this match was a surprise in the lack of run ins and dirty tricks. Nadia just used her mat skills to wear down Debbie and get the pin. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] After the match Agent 69 came down to join Nadia in beating up Debbie when Candy appeared to once again to make a timely save. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Paige Croft & Calamity Joan v Roz Larren & Ginko Kuroda[/B] A bit awkward of a tag team match as neither team had been together before, but their skill allowed them to make a rather good solid match. It ended when Paige Croft was able to get Roz in a figure-four submission long enough to get the victory. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] Allan Rabb came out and warned April Appleseed that if she failed to win tonight against Eve she would be fired. [COLOR="Red"]F+[/COLOR] [B] Candy Floss v Carnival Queen Kendra[/B] Another open match, only this one ended when Agent 69 came down to attack Candy Floss. Carnival Queen Kendra was declared the loser due to the interference. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] Agent 69: Candy you are a meddling interloper. The fight Nadia and I have with Lilly & Rose is none of your concern, but you keep interfering. Its time you faced me in the ring where I’ll put an end to your mischief. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B] Kate Lilly v Mary Beth Chase[/B] Mary Beth put up a dominating performance, but Kate showed a surprising level of ring savvy when she moved out of the corner just before MBC hit a splash, and then used the momentary stunning of her opponent to get a quick pin. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B]Eve Grunge v April Appleseed – WOW Gold Title[/B] Eve dominated the match and April’s final match with WOW was an embarrassment as she was forced to tap out, losing the title and the stipulation that she be fired if she lost. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] [B]Overall Rating: [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] [/B] (a record crowd of 45 people showed up which is a huge improvement over previous months. However, it will be disappointing to see April Appleseed leave after this event. She’s been a solid performer with a record of 5-0-3 and all but one match receiving a D- rating. But Allan says he can’t justify paying her more than twice what any other wrestler is getting)

[B]Friday, Week 3, October 2007 WOW Ghoulish Games[/B] The wrestling industry in the US peaked a couple months ago and has started falling rapidly. Allan commented that the shows will have to get better soon if we want to keep increasing the attendance. The show opened with a video montage of the various attacks disrupted by Candy, and Marty and Buttercup talked about the match between Candy Floss and Agent 69 scheduled for later in the show. [COLOR="Red"]F[/COLOR] [B]Carnival Queen Kendra & Christina Charisma v Kinuye Mushashibo & Calamity Joan - Tag Match[/B] Carnival Queen Kendra and Christina Charisma were dominating the match when Christina started using a series of dirty moves to torment Calamity Joan. However, Carnival Queen Kendra got upset and started arguing with Christina about her methods, resulting in Calamity Joan getting a roll up pin. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] Kate Lilly then came out to the ring Kate: I have to take a moment to talk about Nadia and her antics. She thinks that she’s just the most special lady in WOW. And yet, what has she done? She is yet to win a match clean. Today I’m going to meet her in the ring and prove just how weak she is by defeating her. E- [B]Kate Lilly v Nadia Snow[/B] Kate came in confident and angry, but Nadia displayed a lot of patience. She relied on holds and other grappling in order to keep Kate from getting too much of a flow and then caught Kate and reversed an attempt to perform a head scissors takedown and turned it into a quick pin. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] [B]Bikini Contest – Olivia Diamond, Paige Croft, Kinuye Mushashibo, Carnival Queen Kendra[/B] Allan came down and announced that the fans hadn’t gotten to see as much of the ladies as perhaps they might want, and that tonight he’d reward them with a bikini contest. The crowd was loud for all the girls, but Paige was declared the winner. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B]Candy Floss v Agent 69[/B] Agent 69 was definitely angry going in, but Candy Floss was dominant and used a clothesline from the turnbuckle for the knockout pin. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] After the match as Agent 69 was going to the back Candy took the microphone Candy: You aren’t so sure of yourself when you can’t sneak attack first. Next time show that you can win clean before you start acting all high and mighty. [COLOR="Red"]F+[/COLOR] [B]Debbie Rose v Mary Beth Chase[/B] Debbie tried to use the same tactics that resulted in a win for Kate Lilly in her match against Mary Beth Chase the previous month, but MBC showed that she did learn from each match and made sure to ground Debbie before using a powerslam to get the pin. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Eve Grunge v Paige Croft – WOW Gold Title match[/B] Paige looked surprisingly good in this match and might have actually been in a position to win when Eve grabbed the guitar she’d brought to ringside and in full view of the referee broke it over Paige’s head resulting in a disqualification. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B] Overall Rating: [COLOR="Red"]E [/COLOR] [/B] (One of the worst ratings ever. None of the matches was particularly good which hurt and the crowd didn’t get too excited to see the ladies in bikinis which was a bit of a surprise.)

Saturday, Week 3, October 2007 In a surprise move, my boss went out and signed Roxy Kitten to a PPA deal. She has been working for BSC as a midcarder and in the past he’s avoided asking ladies who are already employed about working for WOW.

[B]Friday, Week 3, November 2007 WOW Turning the Seasons[/B] The match opened with an announcement that there would be a 10 lady battle royal at WOW Happy Holi-daze in December. To begin Agent 69 was shown drawing a number from a hat Allan Rabb was holding. She seemed happy, but refused to show the number to Allan [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Ginko Kuroda v Kinuye Mushashibo[/B] Ginko has been a dominant wrestler in singles action and proved it again as she grounded “Baby Blue” and applied a sleeper hold to win the match. [COLOR="Red"]D-[/COLOR] After the match Ginko attacked Kinuye and left her lying in the ring. [COLOR="Red"]F[/COLOR] [B]Paige Croft v Roz Larren[/B] Paige and Roz traded offense for a while, and Paige seemed confident, but Roz got upset and when referee Dewey Libertine didn’t make the 3 count fast enough she struck him. He immediately called for the bell. [COLOR="Red"]D- [/COLOR] Roz then went after Dewey and left him unconscious on the mat [COLOR="Red"]F[/COLOR] Christina then came down to the ring Christina: Tonight I’m going to face Carnival Queen Kendra. Last month she turned on me and cost me a victory in a tag match. Tonight I’m going to get her back for that. [COLOR="Red"]F+[/COLOR] [B]Christina Charisma v Carnival Queen Kendra[/B] Christina’s anger was expressed in a lot of strong holds and throws. Carnival Queen Kendra seemed surprised by the offense and when Christina used the ropes for leverage was unable to avoid the pin. [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] Allan Rabb then came out Allan: I know you all love to watch the ladies here wrestle. I’ve heard some grumbling about needing new blood and tonight I am here to announce that I’ve listened. So tonight I’m proud to introduce the newest wrestler for Women of Wrestling, Rozy Kitten! [COLOR="Red"]F[/COLOR] Roxy then drew a number for the battle royal, seeming rather unhappy with the number she drew, but not revealing it. [COLOR="Red"]F+[/COLOR] [B]Kate Lilly v Olivia Diamond[/B] Kate looked relaxed and confident as she matched Olivia move for move. It was a close match when Mary Beth Chase came charging out to hit Kate from behind. The attack backfired though as Kate ended up not there when Olivia went for a clothesline and MBC flattened Olivia by mistake. Kate quickly got the pin and then left the ring before MBC could do more. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] Paige Croft came out as MBC chased Kate to the back Paige: This isn’t right. I know Mary Beth thinks she should be the top wrestler, but she should be proving it in the ring. I’d be willing to be that I could defeat her. In fact I demand that I get to face her next month at WOW Happy Holi-Daze Allan (who came out from the back): If that’s your wish, you can have it. A one on one match against MBC, and just to make it interesting, it will be for a contract for a title shot at WOW Hate Fest, in a ladder match. [COLOR="Red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Eve Grunge v Candy Floss – WOW Gold Title Match[/B] Eve is clearly a great wrestler, but her style hasn’t meshed with with many other wrestlers and tonight wasn’t an exception. Her slow down method threw Candy off and allowed her to apply a figure-four leglock for the win. [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] [B] Overall Rating: [COLOR="Red"]E+ [/COLOR][/B] (another solid match considering how low the overall overness is of the roster) ************* OOC - I do love to see comments, suggests, or just words of encouragement. I am enjoying writing this, but it is nice to know others are enjoying reading it.

Archived