I'm having problems with my shows

Ok i imported Rise and Falls 2005 data into TEW2007, and being RAW i had 3 storylines going on, and for my 1st RAW i had the following setup 1.Angle 2.Match 3.Angle 4.Match 5.Angle 6.Match 7.Angle 8.Match 9.Angle 10.Match 11.Angle It always says the fans were expecting more storylines, and that the fans wanted more interviews and angles to break up the matches. I've tried messing around and I cant seem to book one show that the fans like? Any suggestions on how to book for the E?

Have you looked at your product? Maybe you have a really high % of angles being expected, personally I don't use that many angles so I stick it on 80% matches as 70% matches was too many angles for me. Also, try add up your minutes and see if it balances out to roughly whatever % they expect.

What matters is not how many angles you're running, but how long they are. If your product has an 80% angle to match ratio and you're running a 2 hour show, you'll want about 24 minutes of angles. As far as the storylines, you need to start those up in the booking window. They need to be active when you run your show. I'm waiting for D-Lyrium to swoop in here and be more eloquent/detailed... :P

A few tips Just a few pointers that you may or may not be doing already: - Regarding storylines, are you RUNNING the storylines? When you book the show, click on storyline, and loo at what angles and/or matches you need to do, with what performers, in what order, with what outcome to move the story forward. Looking at your pre-determined setup of 'angle-match-angle-etc', it seems like you may not be doing that. Just setting up storylines is not enough. - Take a look at your product, and what is the match ratio percentage? If it's 70%, that means for 70% of the TOTAL time of any event should be devoted to matches (give or take a few minutes), while the remaining 30% of the TOTAL time (give or take a few minutes) should be devoted to angles. So using a 90 minute show with 70%, ROUGHLY (these are all guidelines) 63 minutes is matches, while 27 minutes is angles. - There's no need to do 'angle-match-angle-etc'. What matters more is TOTAL time devoted to each, and obviously the abilities of the performers. Hope this all helps. EDIT: I thnk people were posting their replies while I was typing mine. So we can't ALL be wrong.

[QUOTE=Lukiep8;175338]When you ported over the stats from 05 - 07, did you go through and fix up the stuff in the database? It isn't a clean port, and you need to go through and make sure everything is up to scratch. That would definently cause problems.[/QUOTE] what would i have to do to fix up the stuff in the database?

Go through EVERY section and make sure it fits what you want. That means, go through your promotion's product and make sure everything is the way you want it to be. If you want it to play as close to 05's version of the WWE you played, you have to set the product that way. Then you go through every angle and every storyline and make sure the roles line up correctly and that the participants are rated on what they're supposed to be rated on. TEW07's angle system is different from 05's, due to the addition of some roles, the removal of some roles, and the renaming of some roles. Because your storylines hinge on your angles, this should be done before you troubleshoot your storylines. You're running as the WWE. 80% of your appeal is your storylines so this is especially important. If you run a broken storyline, chances are you won't find out it's broken until it's too late. Then your best bet is to evolve it (if possible) into another storyline that isn't broken. As has been said already, it doesn't matter what order your angles are in. They just have to be there in the correct proportion. If your show has to have 30% of its time as angles, it doesn't matter if you split it up like you did or put it all after the main event. It just has to be there in the correct amount. With a 90% match ratio, all my angles are done before the fans even get settled in their seats, just about. I've never gotten the "not enough angles" message. However, what folks previously didn't mention is that dark time counts. Say your match ratio is 50% and you run matches in the pre-show prior to your 90 minute main show that take up the full 20 mins. You now have to run 55 minutes worth of angles (90 + 20 * .50), not 45.

Archived