Modifying Prestige

up to 23 after yet another 5-7 (4-4) year. Ranked #81 in the CPU and SOS was 66. Beating expectations every year, but it's frustrating being one or two wins from a bowl every year. Recruiting is tough with such low prestige. My best class has been 110 so far.

Most frustrating season yet; but also the best. Finishe 8-4 (6-2) #58 CPU and 3rd in the conference, yet we don't get a bowl bid. NIU, who finished 4th in the MAC and lost to us, get's the bowl bid. I'm calling schinanigans on that. Prestige did jump up to 26. Had the our worst recruiting class since the first year (115), yet still had a steller year with some surprising quarterback play from a freshman and a walk-on senior who had barely played the previous 4 years. Also helped that the best walk-on I have encountered had a great year after struggling with injuries all of last. [url]http://udlb58.zoto.com/img/original/cbac9e2818c0eb52914fd672faca1534-.jpg[/URL] I noticed a team drop below 20 prestige, SMU is now at 19.

Still 29, finished 4-8 (2-6). I was frustrated because I selected an option offense because my quarterbacks were terrible but the two best ones could run really well. after four games I was 2-2, but I was averaging over 30 attempts/game. I got frustrated because no option team runs it 30 times especially when ahead so I quick simmed the rest of the season.

I should be able to sim a few seasons this Saturday. I will post a some observations fromt eh 5 year mark and (hopefully) the 10 year mark. A few graphs, etc. I'm guessing that there is something in the coding that teams can't drop much below 20 in prestige and that the prestige values are "evenly" distibuted among the 119 schools. Will be interesting once I get more data.

Well this sucks. I went through 10 seasons on Saturday and saved each stats.dat file seperately for each season. I did this hoping that I would be able to go ihto each and extract the teams table and then get the prestige score from that table. Well, that didn't work. The same Prestige score is in each table. :confused: Where is the current Prestige score stored for each team? Question for Arlie? [I]I sent him an email[/I]

Archived