Player Cards

I think the player cards for recruits should be modeled somewhat after Rivals.com. The homepage would provide a pretty cool feature, when you open up the page and it shows a news story about one of the best players and who is after them. Then if you go to "Prospect Search", it's almost like a "Player Database" in TPF. Then, finally, when you open up someone's card, it gives you his name, his high school, height, weight, 40, how many stars of a prospect he is, his college choices (and in parenthesis whether he's Verbally Committed, and further more signed a LOI), as well as links to a few stories. Now I'm sure that'd be really hard to do for a game for tons of prospects, but maybe just the "Positives" and "Negatives" type thing you did in TPF. However, make them less general and contradicting this time. I think a player card like that for prospects would be GREAT.

I would like to see athletic prep and academic prep included in the game. Since some schools are based on athletics they will be better prepared. I know like TX and PA puts out a lot of good football players and since they play against good players then they will probley be better then somone from KY or something.

Sure, but this can't be overdone either. There should be the chance of a hot shot prospect coming out of an unusual state. There are more players coming out of Texas and Florida, in part because football is bigger and pulls in a larger portion of the top athletes. But strictly speaking the distribution of talent/skills is random, and there is as good a chance for a top athlete to grow up in Maine or New Hampshire, there is simply less of a chance for him to end up playing football. If the number of recruits from a given state is correct then the states with the top skill levels should work themselves out. There shouldn't be any code that says: [code] IF State = VT { Make player Bad; } [/code] But if there are 5 blue chip QBs and 50% of the QB recruits come from Texas and Florida (and only says 1% from Vermont and Maine), chances are at least half of them will end up having hailed from Texas and Florida (and none of them from Vermont or Maine), if the distribution of the number of recruits is done right, a lot of the talent distribution should work itself out, even without specific code rigging to "force" the issue.

Archived