Would you use a pic pack like this?

Would you use a pic pack like this?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a pic pack like this?

• Yes, I would use something like this.
    • No, I wouldn't use anything like this.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;184565]I like them. It's nice to see someone else not wanting to follow the same old kyky path that has been around for years. As far as the TCP Productions tag, don't listen to the complaints. After all the work some put into this stuff, modders have every right to tag their names onto anything they do. If people don't like it, that's too bad. Who are you really making this mod for? Yourself? Your friends? If that is the case, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. It's really no different than the upsurge in modders refusing to allow others to download their work, slap a new name on it, and release it as their own. The first modder to do so comes across as a jerk, but with the grubby nature of people, it is inevitable - and logical. If someone doesn't like the new pictures, let them get off their own butts and reassign their old standby pics to the mod for their own benefit.[/QUOTE] That was the sound of a nail being hit on the head :)

I wouldnt use that background simply because of the TCP Productions text on it just like I wont use the DOTT pics because the wrestler cuts are small enough as they are then they go and put a huge thick border around the edge with "DOTT" underneath. Ugly. I did vote yes though...because except for the text the design is very nice.

The idea of the TCP Productions Logo... is that it would be released as part of a complete mod, and there for would brand the mod that was worked on by the TCP Production team... Kinda like buying a pair of Nikes, you're gonna get the Nike Check... But, thanks to everyone for the input, I might try making the boarder smaller, as well as teh TCP Productions Logo...

[QUOTE=Johnny Fenoli;184712]The idea of the TCP Productions Logo... is that it would be released as part of a complete mod, and there for would brand the mod that was worked on by the TCP Production team... Kinda like buying a pair of Nikes, you're gonna get the Nike Check... But, thanks to everyone for the input, I might try making the boarder smaller, as well as teh TCP Productions Logo...[/QUOTE] Yea im sure I could play with that.

Maybe instead of the "TCP Productions" you could put the wrestler's name? That would be a bit more work though, but then again you don't really have to cut your pics, which saves time. Anyway, I probably won't use it as the only real life mod I play is DOTT.

[QUOTE=trypio;184732]Maybe instead of the "TCP Productions" you could put the wrestler's name? That would be a bit more work though, but then again you don't really have to cut your pics, which saves time. Anyway, I probably won't use it as the only real life mod I play is DOTT.[/QUOTE] That's a good idea, but, the idea is to save time for a pic mod to be released with a new mod. I mean cutting 2000 pics is very time consuming... This was just an idea that others have done in the past D Boon and Panix, that I thought is a great way to make your mod special/different. But, yeah putting their name, or something below it is a good idea, but it kills the idea of branding the mod.

I dont like it, i think like someone already said, thepictures are small enough for workers already, you start making some ugly thing around them and then an even smaller worker picture quite frankly it looks terrible imo. I dont see why everyone ****s on kyky so much, its great

come on lad's, don't argue about something as mundane as 150 x 150 pixel picture! Everyone has different taste's and not everyone is going to agree. There obviosly a lot of peeps who do like kyky and quite a few that don't, theres no reason why we all can't have different taste's and still get along!

[QUOTE=forlan;184772]Im not sure about you but when i do something i prefer better feedback than just i dont like it because if id said that you would of most likely asked why? anyways[/QUOTE] No I dont mind the feedback homie, it's the verbage used, terrible and ugly... Every thing else is apperciated.

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;184565]I like them. It's nice to see someone else not wanting to follow the same old kyky path that has been around for years. As far as the TCP Productions tag, don't listen to the complaints. After all the work some put into this stuff, modders have every right to tag their names onto anything they do. If people don't like it, that's too bad. Who are you really making this mod for? Yourself? Your friends? If that is the case, it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. It's really no different than the upsurge in modders refusing to allow others to download their work, slap a new name on it, and release it as their own. The first modder to do so comes across as a jerk, but with the grubby nature of people, it is inevitable - and logical. If someone doesn't like the new pictures, let them get off their own butts and reassign their old standby pics to the mod for their own benefit.[/QUOTE] Agreed. I think the consensus remains the same though as he asked for feedback... the border needs to be smaller more or less.

I really don't get the 'branding the mod' thing. I've been making this 2001 mod pretty much solo, aside from Streamer doing Puro and DJ16 being the world's best beta tester. Over a thousand title lineages. Pantloads of workers, events, and almost 500 hand-made pictures. At no stage did I think, 'damn, I deserve [I]more [/I]credit for this'. We make mods because we want to play them. If the credit of having your name in the 'By' section of the database info, or in the title of the mod, or in the multi-page threads [I]about [/I]your mods, isn't enough, then you're taking the whole thing far too seriously. And this is coming from a guy who puts his name in the title of every mod he makes. Plastering your group's logo over every single pic in the game is just going to make people dislike your group. When you place 'branding' and 'getting credit' over what your audience likes best, then we're getting to a very weird place. I greatly look forward to the release of your mod, I plan to use it because I'm sure it will rock my socks, but I won't be downloading a pic pack that sounds like it was created by a advertising firm.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about the name of mod-making group at the bottom of the pics, it makes no difference to me whatsoever. The only thing with me is that I much prefer cut pictures, since I think they look alot more clean - but I fully understand why you'd choose to do this, over cutting hundreds of pictures. Not my personal preferences, but alot more conveniant. But yeah, the tag at the bottom of the image doesn't put me off at all.

Like I said before Forlan, Just do what makes YOU happy. Chance's are you can bend over and do it the way one person wants, and yet 5 other's will not like it anyways, and use whatever they want to use right along with your mod. Bassically, if it saves you time especially, I say do it. I don't mind tags one bit, kind of lets me realise where the picture is supposed to go when they start getting all messed up from me playing around. To be honest, the only picture pack I know for sure is intact from the older mods is DOTT. I know those are the pics that go to the mod, because they are labelled, and the people look like they did at that time period. I like branding it, especially if your having graphics and all to go with it.

Archived