Just a thought... I know that Adam said that he didn't include built-in commercial time because the thought was that commercial breaks would be taken during matches like WWE actually does on occassion... But I was thinking, they also actually do take breaks during the show after interviews, backstage segments, etc. for commercial breaks. Now I'm not asking Adam to make some drastic change to the game at all, I just wanted to know if you guys thought what I'm doing is a decent idea: I'm sure you could've guessed what I was getting at, but I'm just basically going to created an angle with no participants and a 2-minutes maximum length to act as a TV commercial. I don't know, I think it's a good idea, not only to add a tiny bit of realism, but also as simply a time killer when I can't figure out what to do with 6 minutes of a show. What do you guys think? Has anybody else already done this?

while it is true they do that for the tv shows (what the fans at home see). You are actually booking for the fans in the arena at the show, meaning that while the commercial breaks are happening on tv, someone may actually be shooting t-shirts, playing a tribute video package etc... to the fans to keep them busy.

I don't think you can create an angle with no participants, but I have made an angle where the Announcer and Commentator pretty much bring people into and out of the commercial. Kinda like, one end of the segment is "We'll be right back" and the other end is "Welcome back to the show". Also, for your argument that WWE takes breaks outside of matches, you have to remember that something is still going on during that time. It could be an angle only shown to the live audience (WWE Unlimited), or the ring crew doing something. Think of one minute of the ones that are added to matches as what the ring crew does, then maybe your last promo or whatever was just shown to the live audience and clips will be shown after the break. Be creative. Edit: As mystic said, keep in mind that you're booking a wrestling show, not producing TV.

You can't create angles with no participants. You have to have at least one person in an angle. Also, that's cheap ¬_¬ How does booking a commerical break add more realism to the game? Do you actually think the WWE book their shows to be X minutes shorter to account for adverts? Of course not, the wrestlers continue wrestling during the ad breaks (or do random things to entertain the crowd when the ad breaks fall after the entrances but before the actual match). They just make sure they're not hitting any major spots when the TV show is at a break (if it's live), or they cut bits out to make room for the adverts (if it's taped). If I was a fan, and turned up to an event full of two-minute segments of blank space where the adverts would be, I'd be a bit annoyed :p I could just imagine the referee forcing everyone to stop what they're doing, as Finkel gets on the microphone. "Ladies and gentlemen, there will now be a two minute interval while USA Network go to a commercial break. Sorry for any inconvienience!".

Archived