are there career ending injuries?

Workers will retire from the ring if a their injured body parts get to below a certain level, but thats only when they have "recovered" from the injury. So while they may drop down to an F when injured, the body part could recover to a high level afterwards.... So yeah, plenty of career ending injuries. But the career won't end until the recovery from it as they may actually be okay in the long run. Derek B <- bad at explaining today

In my game I made an injury called "Death". It's Major, lasts a few years, and causes 100% permanent damage. Also, I have one called "Death in the Family", which lasts a few months, can be worked through, and just causes 1% temporary damage to the head. I can't wait to see this one actually pop up in-game!

[QUOTE=Moe Hunter;185498]In my game I made an injury called "Death". It's Major, lasts a few years, and causes 100% permanent damage. Also, I have one called "Death in the Family", which lasts a few months, can be worked through, and just causes 1% temporary damage to the head. I can't wait to see this one actually pop up in-game![/QUOTE] I'd like to see somebody pick up 'Death in the Family' in a freak accident involving a library.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;185512]No. Workers can die, but not during matches.[/QUOTE] But they can pretty soon AFTER matches, right? I had Thrasher die in the Montral Aftermath game, and this was right at the end of the first month, with the death coming right after his PPV match. Atually, Dick Slater died the same day. A sad day for wrestling, and both deaths drug-related.

[QUOTE=Akki;185571]But they can pretty soon AFTER matches, right? I had Thrasher die in the Montral Aftermath game, and this was right at the end of the first month, with the death coming right after his PPV match. Atually, Dick Slater died the same day. A sad day for wrestling, and both deaths drug-related.[/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure that the death wouldn't have been related to the match in any way, though.

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;185575]I'm pretty sure that the death wouldn't have been related to the match in any way, though.[/QUOTE] True, true. Anything's possible, though. I guess it's good you can't die in the ring, cause I only know of it happening once ever in reality.

I've seen...five worker deaths in 28 months of my real roster game, and four of them were related to drugs (the fifth was the Iron Sheik...he's making people humble in heaven now!). I made a few career-ending injuries...Severe Stroke, Massive Head Trauma, Waist-Down Paralysis and Neck-Down Paralysis. So far I've seen four victims (Shinsuke Nakamura fell to head trauma, and Masato Yoshino, Brother Ray, and William Regal fell to neck-down paralysis :( ).

[QUOTE=shipshirt;185645]"What happened to Bill? I thought he died?" "Oh, that was four years ago...he got better" :)[/QUOTE] Well, yeah. But then they have to immediately retire as they're permanently at an F- all over. During the few years of "death", they can still hold and negotiate contracts (though why anyone would renew I have no idea), and I assume they'll still be able to hold backstage positions after 'recovering', but it's all in good fun!

In my first ever game, Joanne Rodriguez, my favorite female worker, suffered a year and a half-long injury around january 2007 against a lower japanese worker, and got her arm injured to C- (if I recall correctly) for the rest of the game. I don't think she'll be working much longer. :)

Archived