USPW: Old School Is In Again!

[B][I]Disclaimer: [/B] The following content is inspired by the game TEW 2007. TEW 2007 is made by Grey Dog Software out of Arizona. All of the characters and trademarks are licensed products of Adam Ryland and Grey Dog Software for the TEW license.[/I] [COLOR="Blue"][B]USPW: Old School Is In Again![/B] [B]By: [/B]Thomas Lee Patterson[/COLOR] “Geez I hate my damn job. I love being a salesman but I always get the crappy assignments. As you know last week I was sent to Wisconsin and everyone knows how much fun that place is. A mass production farm wanted to order 1,000 fully assembled machines that serve different purposes for industrial farming. No need for details because that is irrelevant. In case you might be wondering I found out today that I got the sale.” “That is great news!” “Yeah the boss thought so. In fact he was so happy he decided to send me on assignment today which is why I probably won’t see you this weekend either. Now the assignment involves two joint customers basically. I do not know a whole lot about this deal yet. I know they are interested in buying our small sound board basically. They want a cheap version that will play short sound clips at the touch of a button. They will do the programming themselves. It is a relatively cheap board that will only cost them $10 a board but they want quite a few and in a short amount of time. Currently they are negotiating with one other company.” “You and I only see each other two days out of the week and those are our weekends. You know we had plans. You told me last week that we would go to the aquarium.” “I am sorry you know that I didn’t expect this. I was looking forward to our date too.” “Whatever…” “You know I can’t just say no to my boss. He is a very demanding selfish guy. Plus my salary doesn’t permit me to stand up to him. I get paid very well for my experience and education.” “When will you be home? Will I at least see you on Sunday?” “I doubt it hun. Tomorrow I will meet them and do some small talk then Saturday the real negotiations start. Hopefully Sunday mid afternoon I can get some type of deal done. I am so sorry.” “You were just on a business trip. When you got this deal it wasn’t what we agreed to. You said you would travel but not this much. I do not know how much of this I can handle. I miss you.” “I told you then and I will tell you now. It is my life to deal with. I do not need you to agree with my decisions. I do not tell you how to handle your professional life.” “I can’t believe you!” CLICK- She hung up the phone very angry. “Hello? GRRRRRRRRRRRRR” I thought to myself why is she so damn controlling? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I walked out of the baggage claim and went to my rental car. I drove to the restaurant for dinner. When I got there I saw a big crowd of people standing around a larger man. He looked older but his back was to me. He was standing with a corporate guy and signing autographs for the people around him. I walked around the crowd and went into the nice restaurant. “Do you have reservations tonight?” “Yes, I have a meeting I am with Lectronics.” “Oh yes your table is right this way but your guests are not here yet. “Yes we are.” A man behind me said. I turned around and tried very hard not to let my jaw hit the floor. “Hello Mr. Strong it is an honor to meet you!” “Thank you but I believe it is something you have to offer that makes this an honor for me.” “Gentleman right this way please.” The greeter ruined my moment that I was having. It seemed like hours went by as we walked to our table. I was so nervous and has no idea what I would say. This guy was someone I used to look up to growing up. I did not recognize the man with him. “I am sorry Mr. Strong I am a huge fan. I have to be quite honest I was not looking forward to this trip and now I am so glad I am here.” “We can talk about all of that later. Right now I want to talk to you about your business. What is your name you haven’t introduced yourself.” “Excuse me sorry, call me Mike.” Dinner went on talking a lot about my company and our reputation. We talked about how they heard of us and how they found us looking on google. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ About an hour and a half passed after we ate dinner. The guy who was with Mr. Strong was none other than a representative from Unique Toys out of Michigan as well. This guy and I both traveled here from Michigan. He was going to be here for a couple weeks to work on a line of action figures for Mr. Strong’s USPW. They told me they wanted my company to mass produce the circuit boards to work the sound bites from the announce table that came with the ring. I told them the logistics and they liked what they heard. “What characters are going to be included in the first series? I am very curious.” The rep. spoke up, “well we agreed to doing three series released throughout a year. If the sales are good we will do at least two more series of figures. Series one will consist of Giant Redwood, Captain USA, Sheik Mustafa, Corporal Doom, and Bruce the Giant. We have not decided on the ones after that yet.” “I think you are power loading it. You should probably space it out because those are all of the bigger named older guys. Sales will decline after that because those are the top guys.” “Woah, Mike this is my business I think I would know more about running a toy company than you would.” The rep didn’t like what I said at all and it was obvious. Mr. Strong looked surprised too. I felt like I had messed up the deal. Then Strong smiled at me. “Actually you are probably right Mike. It is still in negotiations nothing has been signed yet.” After that whole conversation the rep definitely had some issues with me. I was almost 100% positive that my company would not get the sale and this trip was a wasted one. At least I had a nice dinner. The following day around 9AM I was in my room when Strong called me. I had given him my cell phone number at his request the night before. He told me that he was really busy over the next few weeks but wanted me to come down to his office in a few weeks. He would pay for the plane trip and everything. He told me I could bring a guest too. I obviously agreed to it. He told me that he didn’t need to see me today and that he had some things to think about until we talked again. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Monday when I went back to work I was called into my bosses office. The representative of Unique Toys happened to give my boss a call. I didn’t realize they knew each other personally and that was how we were almost involved in this business deal. He said Unique Toys had the offer almost signed, sealed and delivered. My boss told me that Strong felt very bad about dealing with Unique Toys after I “exploited” them as uneducated about the USPW. I almost lost my job that day and was demoted. For the next few months I was on probation. I was an on call salesman now. I was always going to be in shop until I proved I was worthy of being a "positive" businessman. I tried explaining that I was going back in a few weeks but my boss said that he didn’t get a call about it and so I wasn’t. Obviously my girlfriend was thrilled but she now had some apprehension about me because of how I “treated her.” Life for me was getting worse and worse. I wasn’t getting travel pay which dropped how much I made from $2,600 a month to $1,800 a month. That was a lot of money for me and made it hard for me to make my house payment and have groceries to eat. Luckily for me I had a great girlfriend who picked up the slack for me. She helped me pay for gas to come see her. See she lives an hour away from me and that can take a lot of gas from me. I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan and she lives out in Rochester, Michigan. Then about two weeks after the ordeal with my boss and his friend from Unique Toys I received a call from Mr. Strong. I missed the call but his voice mail said that he wanted me to come down to the USPW and he wanted to do a short term independent consulting deal with me. That would mean I needed to quit my job though and I couldn’t really afford that. On top of that I am a full time student and would be forced to miss two weeks of school. This man Mr. Strong was someone I idolized growing up. Since the 80’s he has been a huge celebrity. Just recently he bought this company in hopes of making it decent. He knew a lot about the business but had trouble relating to younger audiences. He was still into the old school style which I happened to prefer anyways. I on the other hand have always had an ability to see things from an outsider’s perspective unless it was something of my own such as my relationship. My girlfriend and I had dinner and talked about this opportunity. I didn’t know how much I would be paid but I knew it would be a few weeks away from home at least. I also told her she could go with me. She rejected me because she didn’t want to lose her house or her job as a lead at Comp USA in Pontiac. I understood and told her that was ok. She told me to go and I agreed I would. It is about time I moved on from my job but is it the right decision for me?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]Owner:[/B] Sam Strong [B]Booker:[/B] Danny Jillefski [B]Roster:[/B] Al the Hillbilly Baby Jamie (Referee) Bruce the Giant [B]=O=World Champ=O=[/B] Captain USA Cheetah Boy Corporal Doom Danny Jillefski (Announcer) Danny Rushmore [B]=O=Tag Team Champ=O=[/B] Darryl Devine Demon Anger Demon Spite Eric the Bull Freddie Datsun Giant Redwood Java Jim Force [B]=O=National Champ=O=[/B] Lex Appeal Mick Muscles [B]=O=Tag Team Champ=O=[/B] Micky Starr (Announcer) Patrick Cool Pete the Hillbilly Peter Valentine Robbie Sanchez (Referee) Sam Strong ?MYSTERY? Seduction Shane Sneer (Announcer) Sheik Mustafa Tom E. Hawk T-Rex Tribal Warrior Warlord Agony Warlord Pain [B]Teams:[/B] Savage Fury – Java and Tribal Warrior Demons of Rage – Demon Anger and Demon Spite Forces of America – Jim Force and Captain USA The Hillbillys – Pete and Al the Hillbilly Lords of War – Warlord Agony and Warlord Pain Towers of Power – Danny Rushmore and Mick Muscles[B] =O=Tag Team Champs=O=[/B] [B]Story:[/B] USPW and MAW have a working relationship together. Rip Chord and Sam Strong both have great respect for each other and hope to grow together loaning talent to each other until one company breaks into the mainstream wrestling scene in America. USPW has two shows on television. USPW Left Behind is shot on Mondays and is one hour long. It is shown on Tuesday nights. USPW American Wrestling is shot on Wednesday and is an hour and a half long. It is shown live on Wednesdays. Since its formation in 2001, USPW has been one of America's fastest rising promotions, offering its fans a family-friendly product that is heavily based in 1980s wrestling nostalgia. In August 2006, its owner Danny Jillefski realised that he had taken the company as far as he could, and struck a business deal with his friend, the legendary Sam Strong. Strong became the new owner, and his reputation alone got the company its first TV deal, and resulted in a lot of new fans.

[B]Sitting at Home[/B] I was sitting at home late at night flipping through channels. I had already gotten off the phone with my girlfriend and was wondering how I would tell my work I needed some time off at the end of this month. Would Mario ever understand? Would I still have my job there? I doubt it. I flipped the channel and came across the replay of USPW Left Behind. I watched and noticed that they were hyping the debut of one of the best wrestlers in the world. The name was not mentioned but it made me begin to speculate. Then after the hype segment Corporal Doom and Sheik Mustafa came out waging war against anyone who felt fit to take them out. Then Jim Force and Captain USA came out and issued a challenge. Sam Strong interupted and announced it would be a #1 contenders match for the tag titles. I noticed while watching that I have already seen that match and this is the exact same hype they used to bring in Bruce the Giant and other guys. I was not very impressed by how it was done. "Someone needs to change the presentation of this stuff a little bit" I thought to myself. Maybe I was the one to make an impact on the USPW but I strongly doubted that fact. I was probably coming in as a financial consultant or a sales consultant. Maybe they only wanted me to help them market themselves to another toy company. [B]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/B] The following day I told Mario about my plans to go back to USPW and how I would need time off. Mario fired me as expected. He told me it was a conflict of interest for me to go help them. I failed to understand and told him thank you for letting me work for him. This only made him more mad espescially since he seemed to be hoping I would beg to keep my job. I didn't let him get any satisfaction from my leaving. I had seen him do this a few too many times to other people. How would I make a living long term now? [B]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/B] Three weeks passed... I was waiting to meet with Sam Strong at a rented out VIP room at a restaurant. Sam came in arriving about five minutes early. I had been there even earlier though. He sat down with a briefcase and opened it up. He pulled out some papers and handed them to me to look over. They were basic standard papers that didn't reveal too much that I didn't know already. As I scanned over the staff nothing stood out to me and when I looked at the event schedule I already knew that stuff. Then I came across the roster and one name stood out like no other. I told Sam that I saw the dirt sheets online and didn't believe the things that happened with this particular big name but he assured me they were true. He also told me he had signed him after working out a deal with his former employer and him. Strong told me he definately needed to get a fresh start away from there because the drama was too much. I understood how that was because I came from a work place with a load of drama around me but it never included me. Strong went on to tell me his goals for the promotion. 1) Have $10,000,000 in the budget. 2) Establish a competitive environment for the whole roster. 3) Make the storylines a little more believable. He wanted them to be well thought out in advance. His ideals and goals were great and very well taken on my part. He told me that I would be helping in creative for awhile. Shane Sneer would be my supervisor and that he would be the only person I needed to report to. Sneer was the new head booker and Danny didn't like this. Sam told me that Danny might have problems with me being the new kid on the block and being on the creative team. He assured me that I would be fine. He said initially he wasn't going to do this but he heard that I lost my job and felt he owed me this. I thanked him for the opportunity and tried not to show so much excitement.

[B]First Day In Office[/B] I was sitting in my cubical... my office and was still unsure how we should debut the new guy. I already had pitched some ideas to Shane and he told me we would definately get to the storyline I already had proposed. He told me to write up the intricate details and put the papers on his desk of how it would all unfold. He and I discussed at length the debut of the new superstar. I wanted to debut him as a heel he wanted to make him a face. I thought he was good enough to take on any of our top guys and carry any of them to a great match. He thought he would need to see the guy in action against guys like Cheetah Boy, and the like. Eventually we got into a heated argument and he rushed off somewhere. I went to Sam Strongs office and asked him what he thought. Shane had already tried to talk to Sam but Sam didn't really like his ideas but told him if I didn't come up with something better to use his idea. After I told Strong what I thought he liked it. Shane came in as Sam was telling me we were using my idea. Shane looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. "Mike, you tell McFly what he will be doing." See Sean was in the middle of a divorce and so Shane wanted to use that on air to his advantage. I thought it would serve us better if McFly used his anger to be a heel plus he could get over with the crowd and eventually get a title shot depending on how over he gets with our style crowd. Shane Sneer, Sam Strong, and myself are the only people who know that McFly is under USPW contract now. Sam and I at our meeting the other day discussed integrating women into our promotion due to his daughter wanting to be a wrestler and possibly getting Sean McFlys sister Tamara McFly on our roster. Sam wasn't sure about the idea but he did tell me he would think about it. I was just glad he was receptive to my ideas. Shane told me to draw up the preview for the website and take it to Sam Strong for approval. After a couple hours of working on it I took it to Sam Strong. Sam liked it and approved it. He told me to take it down to our webmaster. [QUOTE] [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]USPW Left Behind Preview[/COLOR][/B] [B]Lords of War vs Savage Fury[/B] Savage Fury are looking to get back into the title picture while Lords of War are trying to show that they can be in title contension. [B]Captain USA vs Giant Redwood[/B] Giant Redwood is one of the most dominant men in USPW history and Captain USA feels Redwood uses cheap tactics to win his matches. Will good or bad win? [B]T-Rex vs Freddie Datsun[/B] Young monster vs veteran technician... some would say this favors Datsun but T-Rex is no slouch. Rex is a viable opponent for anyone in USPW. [B]=O=Jim Force vs Sheik Mustafa - USPW National Title Match[/B] Sheik Mustafa was given a National Title match when Corporal Doom kept pestering Jim Force for a title shot. Sheik was given the shot instead though. Corporal was seemingly happy about this but nobody knows why. Corporal Doom has been banned from ringside and if he gets involved he will be suspended for an undisclosed amount of time and Sheik will be DQed. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;191658]Woman and old school = booooo :p I'm looking forward to your first show.[/QUOTE] Fabulous Moolah, Wendi Richter, Leilani Kai, Sherri Martel, Rockin Robin, Velvet McIntyre, Judy Martin, and Mae Young would like to have a word with you.

[QUOTE][B][COLOR="Navy"]USPW: Left Behind[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="navy"]From Huntsville Fairgrounds[/COLOR] [B]Preshow:[/B] Valentine the rookie is shown reading the financial times trying to look intelligent... the crowd isn't buying it though. [COLOR="Red"]F-[/COLOR] Eric the Bull vs Tom E. Hawk vs Valentine vs Cheetah Boy Tom E. Hawk was the only guy who seemed fit for a match this long. Eric the Bull eventually got the pinfall on Cheetah Boy at the 12:30 mark. [COLOR="red"]E+[/COLOR] [B]Show:[/B] The show kicked off with the opening video showing clips of the faces of USPW wrestlers. It showed some highlights and then the USPW logo came on screen with "Left Behind" underneath it. [B]The Giant is Champ[/B] Bruce the Giant came out with the crowd cheering him on. He showed the belt to everyone in the crowd. He posed in each corner towering over the ringposts. He cut a short promo talking about how he would be champion until the day he died. Then confetti and balloons fell from the ceiling. Bruce looked happy as can be. [COLOR="red"]B+[/COLOR] [B]=O=Jim Force vs Sheik Mustafa for the USPW National Title[/B] This match was very short as expected. Sheik had the upperhand early but Force gained momentum when he busted out of a sleeper hold and suplexed Sheik. Jim Force came off the ropes and hit the Full Force. Sheik lost at 5:03 by pinfall. [COLOR="red"]D[/COLOR] [B]Happy Giant No More[/B] Bruce was walking backstage with staff smiling at him and patting him on the back when Peter Valentine began an assault on Bruce. He left him down and out. [COLOR="red"]B[/COLOR] [B]Captain USA vs Giant Redwood[/B] Redwood and the Captain do not have chemistry and on top of that they both are in terrible shape. Both men were exhausted after this short bout. Giant Redwood defeated Captain USA at the 7:44 spot by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. [COLOR="red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Superstar in Attendance[/B] Sean McFly is shown sitting in the crowd watching the show. [COLOR="red"]B+[/COLOR] [B]Lords of War vs Savage Fury[/B] The Lords of War appeared very tired and botched a couple moves later in this match. Warlord Pain defeated Tribal Warrior after hitting a hard powerbomb in the center of the ring. He picked up the pinfall at the 11:49 spot. [COLOR="red"]E+[/COLOR] [B]Bruce the Giant Video Package[/B] A video is shown to hype Bruce the Giant. [COLOR="red"]B+[/COLOR] [B]Freddie Datsun vs T-Rex[/B] T-Rex was using power moves the whole match. Datsun looked like he was done but always perceveired. After 13 minutes at the 13:14 mark Datsun hit the Patriot Press and picked up the win on T-Rex. T-Rex was exhausted in this match. [COLOR="red"]D[/COLOR][/QUOTE] [B][I]Stats:[/I][/B] D Overall(Lost overness in our home region... Sam Strong will not be happy.) 3,452 in attendance.

[B]Backstage Politics Begin[/B] I was sitting in my cubical working on an ad for the next show when I stopped to take a break. I checked my email and had 4 new emails. Only one pertained to my job here in the USPW. It was from Shane Sneer... [QUOTE] -Mike Peters I have signed a deal with TCW today. I want to wish you as the new head booker the best of luck. I feel that you could be the man to make USPW big. I put a good word in for you with Tommy Cornell and he has agreed to a working agreement with you. [/QUOTE] Wait was I reading this right? Why did he think I was the head booker? Danny was supposed to succeed him if he left. I was just to be the right hand man at all times. I got up and went to Sam Strongs office. He was laughing at something on his computer screen. "Hey kid have a seat. Have you ever watched YouTube? This Gunther and the Sunshine Girls song Ding Ding Dong with the video is hilarious." I looked at him and he turned the screen for me to see. I could hear the strange music. I was shocked I didn't think that he had that kind of a sense of humor. "So Mike did you hear? Shane took the job with TCW. I am proud of him. He will be great there. So instead of giving the job to Danny I decided you could do it. The shows this past week were great. I loved them. I do not know why the critics and media didn't. Shane booked those shows though. So yeah you have the books now. Danny will not be happy and I want you to know he already came in here mad at me for this." "Sam I appreciate it but I do not think I am ready." Strong turned off the speakers to his computer and sat upright. "You don't think you are ready?" He looked at me with a very serious look. "Listen up kid... I believe in you. I know you are a quick learned and love this business like I do. I do not care if you are ready because you are gonna make this work. You are going to bring USPW to glory. Now I signed Tully Arthurs(Tom Angelus), Thomas Morgan, Fumihiro Ota, and William Hayes. I also traded with MAW to get Mainstream Hernandez, Des Davids, and Flash Savage... so put them to good use. We only have Hernandez for one show." "That is great news! I will try my best Mr. Strong." Sam smiled, "that is all I want kid."

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]USPW American Wrestling Preview[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Live from the Grissom Auditorium[/COLOR] [B]The Hillbillies vs Savage Fury[/B] Will one of these teams rebound from their losses last week? [B]Mainstream Hernandez vs Valentine[/B] Hernandez comes in from MAW to take on the rookie Valentine. [B]=O=Jim Force vs Sheik Mustafa(Rematch) for the USPW National Title[/B] Jim Force must defend his title against Sheik Mustafa again this week. [B]Peter Valentine vs Tom E. Hawk[/B] Peter Valentine must go up against the native american Tom E. Hawk in what seems like it could be a good old fashioned brawl. Will Bruce the Giant seek revenge on Peter Valentine? Will Sean McFly be in attendance again? What could go down this week on USPW American Wrestling?

[QUOTE][SIZE="5"][B][COLOR="Navy"]USPW American Wrestling[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [COLOR="navy"]Live from Grissom Auditorium[/COLOR] [B]Dark Match:[/B] [B]Sean McFly over Fumihiro Ota at 18:25 with a Delorean Driver.[/B] These two have good chemistry together. [COLOR="Red"]B-[/COLOR] [B]The Show:[/B] The opening video played with a couple new small clips such as Sean McFly sitting in the crowd and him hitting the Delorean Driver on Ota also in the opening video. [B]Hernandez Oozes with Confidence[/B] Mainstream said he felt very confident about going head to head with Valentine here shortly. He said Valentine is some fruity kid obsessed with playing cupid and wearing pink hearts all over his face. [COLOR="red"]D[/COLOR] [B]Valentine defeated Mainstream Hernandez in 6:47 by pinfall with a Cupids Arrow.[/B] This match was surprisingly good. Hernandez showed how professional he could be by giving the younger guy the rub. [COLOR="red"]C-[/COLOR] [B]Note to the Giant[/B] Bruce The Giant goes backstage into the locker room, only to find a note taped to his bags. He reads it, looks upset, then quickly leaves. [COLOR="red"]B+[/COLOR] [B]Enemies to the Force[/B] Corporal Doom attacks Jim Force in the ring, and leaves him down. The Corporal shouted at Jim saying that title is coming home soon! [COLOR="red"]D-[/COLOR] [B]Darryl Devine defeated Thomas Morgan and William Hayes in 11:48 when Darryl Devine defeated William Hayes with a Devine Dream Drop. [/B] During the match Sammy The Shark ran in and attacked Darryl Devine. Luckily the attack was sorta early in the match so Devine was able to regain his composure and eventually win the match. [COLOR="red"]C[/COLOR] [B]Sammy the Shark Frustrated[/B] Sammy then stood on the entrance ramp and issued an open challenge to anyone in the back who wasn't on the card tonight. Devine just looked at him with a look that was priceless. [COLOR="red"]F+[/COLOR] [B]Savage Fury defeated The Hillbillys in 8:03 when Tribal Warrior defeated Pete The Hillbilly with a Head Hunter Special.[/B] Mainstream Hernandez ran in and attacked the Hillbillies while the ref was distracted. It was a strange occurance of events that left the crowd speechless. [COLOR="red"]E+[/COLOR] [B]Bruce the Giant and Peter Valentine Square Off[/B] A brawl ensues when Warlord Agony and Freddy Datsun run down and pull them apart. Then officials and other wrestlers run in and help keep order in the ring. [COLOR="red"]C+[/COLOR] [B]Jim Force defeated Sheik Mustafa in 5:38 with a Full Force.[/B] Corporal Doom ran in and tried to help Sheik win but Jim Force was too much. He made defense #2 and showed why he was the USPW National Champion. [COLOR="red"]D[/COLOR] [B]Superstar Sitting Ringside[/B] Sean McFly is shown sitting in the crowd watching the show. Next to him was Sam Strong who appeared to be discussing something with him. [COLOR="red"]A[/COLOR] [B]Corporal Doom Brags and Boasts[/B] Corporal Doom is in the ring boasting about what he did to Jim Force. The lights suddenly go out, and when they return Jim Force is standing in the ring behind Corporal Doom. He turns, looks stunned, and then gets beaten around the ring until he runs for safety. [COLOR="red"]D[/COLOR] [B]Peter Valentine defeated Tom E. Hawk in 7:34 with a Heart Breaker.[/B] This match dragged on in the middle. Neither man could provide a flow for the match and it killed the match rating. [COLOR="red"]E[/COLOR][/QUOTE] [B][I]Stats:[/I][/B] D- overall show(Hurt our popularity more than it helped.) 2,000 in attendance Thomas Morgan was used too much.

[B][SIZE="4"]NEWS[/SIZE][/B] USPW signed Fox Mask to a PPA deal. William Hayes suffered a twisted disco knee at last nights USPW American Wrestling. This should keep him out for 2-3 weeks. USPW American Wrestling had a 3.7 rating last night. Fans were genuinely pleased with the show but it had a few low points.

[QUOTE][COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="5"]USPW Left Behind Preview[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]Held at the War Memorial Auditorium[/COLOR] [B]Lords of War vs Demons of Rage[/B] This is a match many have been dreaming of for years and we will finally see it take place on national television. The only question is who will come out on top? The winner will face the tag champs for the titles at USPW Stars, Stripes, and Slams! [B]Des Davids and Tom E. Hawk vs Towers of Power =O= for the USPW Tag Titles[/B] Des Davids has come over from MAW to team up with Tom E. Hawk. The Towers of Power are trying to maintain their dominance over the tag team titles. [B]=O= Bruce the Giant vs T-Rex for the USPW World Title[/B] Bruce the Giant claimed last week that nobody would ever win his World title and that he would hold it until he died. Could he be proved wrong this week? There will be a mystery match on the card too! Nobody knows who is going to be in it and the names will be selected at random. Also will Sean McFly be in attendance? Will Sam Strong tell us what the conversation was about last week?[/QUOTE] [B]NEWS[/B] Corporal Doom has been offered a contract by TCW, and CZCW.

[QUOTE][B][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="5"]USPW Left Behind[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="navy"]Held in the War Memorial Auditorium[/COLOR] [B]Pre-Show:[/B] [B]Sammy the Shark asks Mike Peters for match with Darryl Devine accepted[/B] [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [B]Darryl Devine defeats Sammy the Shark by pinfall.[/B][COLOR="red"]C-[/COLOR] [B]The Show:[/B] [B]Towers of Power defeat Des Davids and Tom E. Hawk [/B] This was a really good match that surprised a lot of people.[COLOR="red"]C-[/COLOR] [B]Superstar in Attendance[/B] Sean McFly is seen sitting in the crowd. [COLOR="red"]B[/COLOR] [B]Lords of War defeated Demons of Rage by pinfall.[/B] Sneer accidentally hit D. Spite allowing Warlord Pain to get the pinfall. After the short 7 minute match both teams were very tired. [COLOR="red"]D-[/COLOR] [B]Weakening in the Force[/B] Jim Force is shown backstage, where officials have just found him bloody and battered, the apparent victim of a sneak attack. He is stunned but conscious, but doesn't know who attacked him. [COLOR="red"]D[/COLOR] [B]Sin-Sneerful Apology[/B] Shane Sneer appears, and says that he wants to apologise to Demon Spite, as when he caused him to lose his earlier match, it was purely accidental, and he's sorry. [COLOR="red"]C-[/COLOR] [B]Fox Mask, Freddie Datsun and Valentine defeated Peter Valentine, Giant Redwood and Fumihiro Ota in 10:40[/B] Freddie Datsun defeated Fumihiro Ota by pinfall. During the match we also had Bruce The Giant run in and attack Peter Valentine. Peter Valentine and Bruce battled out of the arena leaving it a 3v2 match. [COLOR="red"]D[/COLOR] [B]Mike Peters Announces New Signing[/B] Mike Peters comes out and announces his major new signing, Sean McFly. Out he comes from the crowd to make his first appearance as the newest signing. [COLOR="Red"]C[/COLOR] [B]Bruce The Giant defeated T-Rex in 6:05 by DQ[/B] T-Rex was disqualified when Peter Valentine ran in and attacked Bruce The Giant. Bruce had the upper hand in the match and was on his way to winning when Peter came out. Bruce The Giant makes defence number 1 of his USPW World title. [COLOR="red"]D[/COLOR] [B]Post Match Beatdown[/B] Bruce The Giant is being attacked by Peter Valentine in the ring. Seeing the assault, Sean McFly comes running in and chases Peter Valentine off, saving Bruce The Giant from a serious beating. [COLOR="red"]B[/COLOR][/QUOTE] [B][I]Stats:[/I][/B] OVERALL: D(Overall hurt our popularity) 2,000 SOLD OUT [QUOTE][COLOR="DarkGreen"][B][SIZE="5"]USPW American Wrestling Preview[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [B]Ricky DeColt vs Valentine[/B] Ricky DeColt comes down from CGC to take on Valentine in what could be the surprise match of the evening. Valentine has beaten Mainstream Hernandez and is now looking to beat Ricky DeColt. Will Ricky be too much for him to handle though? [B]Fumihiro Ota vs Jim Force =O= for the USPW National Title[/B] Ota comes into this match as the favorite but only because he has battled many guys like Jim Force before. Could Ota walk out with the USPW National Title? It is possible. [B]Freddie Datsun vs Thomas Morgan[/B] Freddie Datsun takes on Trademark Thomas Morgan in what looks like an easy win. Giant Redwood will be somewhere in the building though and knowing him he will get involved somehow. [B]Tom Angelus & Captain USA vs Savage Fury[/B] Tom Angelus returns to USPW teaming with Captain USA to take on Savage Fury. This card is looking to be a good one for the USPW team. Tune in to find out how it all unfolds. Also Sean McFlys first match will be announced! [/QUOTE] [I][B]OOC:[/B] I take back what I said I definately need some luck since I am terrible at booking USPW. How do I get good cards with this promotion? I think I am learning quickly but I am worried that I won't be good enough to keep my owners goals such as being more over in the home region than when I started.[/I]

[QUOTE] [COLOR="Navy"][B][SIZE="5"]USPW American Wrestling[/SIZE][/B]Live from Perry Hall in Kentucky[/COLOR] [B]Sheik Mustafa defeated Darryl Devine in 6:51 with a Mustafa Victory.[/B] Sheik Mustafa was exhausted by the end. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. Darryl Devine came out of the match looking good. [COLOR="Red"]C-[/COLOR] [B]Redwood Destroys Datsun Backstage[/B] Giant Redwood attacks Freddie Datsun backstage, and leaves him down and out. [COLOR="red"]C-[/COLOR] [B]Fox Mask defeated Flash Savage in 10:58 with a Fox Hunter. [/B] This match looked a little raw and at moments it looked as though they were just trading spots. [COLOR="red"]D[/COLOR] [B]Nice Way to Debut[/B] Sean McFly is in the ring. Out of nowhere, T-Rex hits the ring and attacks. The assault is quick and brutal, and leaves Sean McFly completely destroyed. [COLOR="red"]B-[/COLOR] [B]Sammy The Shark defeated Cheetah Boy in 7:50 by pinfall. [/B] Seduction did some good work at ringside. Cheetah Boy and Seduction are a very poor combination, they do not click at all and it showed. This match brought the crowd's mood down. Seduction has now switched to a Happy-Go-Lucky gimmick. Sammy looked ok but couldn't hide Cheetah Boys weaknesses in the ring.[COLOR="red"]E[/COLOR] [B]Valentine defeated Ricky DeColt in 8:58 with a handful of tights for the pin. [/B] Ricky DeColt came out of the match looking good. This was a great match put on by both competitors. It helped Valentine a lot to work with Ricky.[COLOR="red"]C-[/COLOR] [B]Freddie Datsun defeated Thomas Morgan in 9:17 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. [/B] Freddie Datsun looked good out there. [COLOR="red"]C-[/COLOR] [B]Tom Angelus and Captain USA defeated Savage Fury in 6:30 when Tom Angelus defeated Java with an Angel Drive.[/B] This match brought the crowd's mood down. Tom did ok and Savage Fury held up pretty well in this match but working around Captain USA made the match look kind weak.[COLOR="red"]D-[/COLOR] [B]Mike Peters Shakes Things Up[/B] Mike Peters is in the ring with Bruce The Giant. He says that he is booking Bruce The Giant to face Peter Valentine in a singles match, and if he doesn't win the match, he will never get another title shot again. Bruce The Giant is developing better performance skills. [COLOR="red"]C[/COLOR] [B]Jim Force defeated Fumihiro Ota in 5:48 by pinfall.[/B] During the match Corporal Doom ran in and attacked Jim Force. Jim Force started Forcing up and unleashed his power on Ota. Jim Force makes defence number 3 of his USPW National title. The performance of Fumihiro Ota stood out as being good. [COLOR="red"]D[/COLOR][/QUOTE] [B][I]Stats:[/I][/B] Overall D (Hurt our popularity overall) 2,000 Sold Out Sammy the Shark was slightly overused 3.99 rating (highest yet)

[B]Meeting with Strong[/B] Today I had a meeting with Sam Strong. We discussed the lack of talent on the roster. Cheetah Boy, Captian USA, the Hillbillies, and others were talked about at length. Sam told me to book Left Behind and after that show he would be making some cuts. He then proceeded to tell me that by Saturday I would know who was still on my roster. I tried to convince him that we needed some young athletic, skilled workers, who could also be entertaining on the mic. He told me that the veterans had already proved that they could be great and that they are. I felt like I was fighting a losing battle with him on that.

[QUOTE][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]USPW Left Behind Preview[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Held at the Den in the New England Area.[/COLOR] [B]Cheetah Boy vs Thomas Morgan[/B] Cheetah Boy is going against the mat technician Thomas Morgan in what many expect to be a solid showing for both men. They both match up well. [B]Patrick Cool vs Tom Angelus[/B] Patrick Cool the ****y youngster faces the big Tom Angelus in what should be an interesting match. Patrick Cool should stand no chance against the stronger Tom Angelus. [B]Fox Mask vs Fumihiro Ota[/B] This will be a nice high flying bout between two skilled veterans. Ota lost to the National Champion Jim Force at USPW American Wrestling and hopes to rebound with a big win here. [B]Demons of Rage vs Towers of Power Non-Title Match[/B] The Demons of Rage want to prove that they belong in the title picture after losing to the Lords of War in a terrible finish last week. What better way to show you deserve a shot than by beating the tag champs? More matches could be added to the card and we expect Bruce the Giant to be in attendance. Mike Peters has some sort of announcement to make regarding the future of the USPW.[/QUOTE] [I][B]OOC:[/B] After this show I may try to bring in some more talented guys to surround the old junk wrestlers.[/I]

[B]Decisions to be Made[/B] I sat in my cubicle looking at the bios on the website for our wrestlers. While reading I made an excel spread sheet for each guy. I thought very hard about the direction I wanted to take USPW. I knew Sam would never let me get rid of any veterans. So that meant Bruce the Giant, Peter Valentine, Jim Force, Captain USA, Sheik Mustafa, Corporal Doom, and now Tom Angelus were all protected. Then I looked at the rest of who I had. Tom E. Hawk, Cheetah Boy, Seductress, and the rest of our guys. I liked how young Cheetah Boy was but he failed to connect with our audience and for some reason he suffered from performance anxiety. I have been trying to pair him up with someone he could pull a decent match with but it is hard. Maybe I can get his overness up some and then use him as trade bait until he is a decent worker. Tom E. Hawk has showed me that he can be a great tag team worker given the right partner like a Des Davids from MAW. Seductress really has nobody she can manage. I tried pairing her with Cheetah Boy but to me it didn't work. Maybe if I pair her with the Hillbillies and change her name we will have a fit but on the other hand she has too much of a wholesome look and such to be with those giant burly slobs. T-Rex can't work a match. The only thing he has going for him is that he stands close to 7 feet tall, has tremendous power, and a menacing look. When he tries any type of wrestling move people can tell it isn't natural for him. He is best when he gets to run and plow through an opponent in like a minute or two. He has gotten quite over from being pushed to the moon by Danny Jillefski in the previous regime. He is also a former USPW World Champion. Then there are my untouchables... the guys who I have become very fond of. Sean McFly, Fumihiro Ota, Freddie Datsun, Fox Mask, Darryl Devine, Mick Muscles, Danny Rushmore, Java, Tribal Warrior, Sammy the Shark, Demon Anger, Demon Spite, Warlord Agony, Warlord Pain, and possibly Jim Force. Some for obvious talent reasons and the others because I like the characters. The other day I got an email saying that I do not know how to book USPW. I thought to myself yeah I do but the way it has been run is crap and I am here to change that. I offered the fan free tickets and backstage passes. Lets just say I figured that would make them a fan for life no matter what I did. So with all of this to think about I have no idea who to fire but Sam wants to clear some roster space and put out some good shows.

[QUOTE=mad5226;192398]Good luck with this man, just want you to know I'll be reading. It's hard to work with USPW especially when you try to stay true to its roots. Good luck man[/QUOTE] I second that. I just ran a month of USPW and the best I could do with a hot storyline and b level intro promos was a C- matches and D+ cards . Both Peter Valentine and Bruce can get you great promo grades as can both Lords of War and the Demons of Rage if you give them a good manager and use overness angles. But so far, with the existing main eventers, Bruce vs Peter valentine only gets a C-. My best recommendation is to find guys with c- or above pop in USA with some actual wrestling ability and start bringing them into the cards.

[QUOTE] [COLOR="Navy"][B][SIZE="5"]USPW Left Behind[/SIZE][/B] Held in The Den[/COLOR] [B]Dark Matches[/B] [B]Valentine defeated Tom E. Hawk, Flash Savage and Des Davids in 13:09 when Valentine defeated Des Davids with a Cupids Arrow.[/B] During the match we also had T-Rex run in and attack Tom E. Hawk. [COLOR="Red"]D+[/COLOR] [B]-------------------------------------------[/B] [B]The Show[/B] [B]Darryl Devine defeated Ernie Turner in 8:57 by pinfall with a Devine Dream Drop. [/B] This was a great match that could definately be turned into a feud down the line. [COLOR="red"]C-[/COLOR] [B]Thomas Morgan defeated Cheetah Boy in 5:53 by submission with a crossface chickenwing.[/B] It was a bit dissappointing seeing this lackluster performance but that is ok. Change is in order anyways. [COLOR="red"]D[/COLOR] [B]First Firing[/B] Mike Peters is in the ring with Cheetah Boy. He says that Cheetah Boy has out-stayed his welcome, and due to new USPW standards, he is fired. [COLOR="red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Tom Angelus defeated Patrick Cool in 8:28 with an Angel Drive. [/B] The lack of psychology shown really hurt this match. The match fell apart after a bit, with no rhyme or reason to the moves. This is going to be something to keep an eye on in the future. [COLOR="red"]E-[/COLOR] [B]Superstar in Training[/B] A set of clips is shown, set to some inspirational Rocky type music, which are of Sean McFly training himself for his upcoming fight next week against the possible future world champ Peter Valentine. [COLOR="red"]B+[/COLOR] [B]Peter Valentine vs Sean McFly Next Week[/B] A video plays hyping Sean McFly vs. Peter Valentine. [COLOR="red"]B-[/COLOR] [B]Fumihiro Ota defeated Fox Mask in 11:36 by pinfall with a handful of tights.[/B] Fox Mask and Fumihiro Ota don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. That was dissappointing to hear from Sam Strong. I had hoped that these two could shine together... oh well everything happens for a reason. [COLOR="red"]D+[/COLOR] [B]The Towers Of Power defeated The Demons Of Rage in 5:41 when Mick Muscles defeated Demon Spite by pinfall by using underhanded tactics.[/B] This was surprisingly a great match. I didn't expect these guys to perform like this. The Demons of Rage were tired at the end but really showed that they can step it up when placed in a big tag team match. [COLOR="red"]C-[/COLOR] [B]Giant Proportional Encounter[/B] Amidst a chaotic in-ring scene, Bruce The Giant and Peter Valentine finally come face to face on opposite sides of the ring. They both pause, psyche themselves up, and charge. The ring gets flooded by numerous other wrestlers, and the two are pulled away before they can make contact by Warlord Pain, Warlord Agony, Fox Mask, Eric The Bull, Sean McFly and Ernie Turner.[COLOR="red"] B- [/COLOR][/QUOTE] [B][I]Stats:[/I][/B] Overall D+ 2,000 (Sold Out) Valentine, Ernie Turner, and Thomas Morgan were used too much on the show.

[QUOTE] [B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]USPW Stars, Stripes, and Slams Preview[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B]Ernie Turner vs Darryl Devine[/B] This is a rematch from Left Behind. It was a good match to say the least. [B]Giant Redwood vs Freddie Datsun[/B] Giant Redwood and Freddie Datsun have been battling each other a lot lately. This feud has been coming to a boil for a long time and appears as though it is gonna blow the roof off the place. [B]Corporal Doom vs Jim Force =O= for the USPW National Title[/B] Jim Force has successfully defended his title against Dooms cronies all month and now Force has to go through the Corporal himself. This match will be an epic battle between good and evil over the USPW National Title. [B]Demons of Rage vs the Hillbillies[/B] The Demons of Rage have looked impressive if you can say that about multiple losses in a row. The Hillbillies have not looked good. Many think that this will be a hard fought bout as both teams have a lot to prove here. [B]Lords of War vs Towers of Power =O= for the USPW Tag Team Titles[/B] There has been some build up to this as the Lords of War have worked their way up through three of the top teams to get a shot at the tag titles. The Towers of Power have been dominant in tag team ranks for some time now though. [B]Peter Valentine vs Bruce the Giant =O= for the USPW World Title[/B] Bruce is a tremendous world champion and Peter Valentine is a very very VERY strong man who just might be the guy to take out Bruce the Giant. If Bruce loses Mike Peters has vowed he will not get a rematch for his title EVER! The card looks good and is almost set for USPW Stars Stripes and Slams! More matches could be announced but at a later time. We hope you will tune in as this card will be broadcast live all over the internet only on USPW.com so please check out the action and enjoy. [/QUOTE] [I][B]OOC:[/B] I am putting it online to hopefully increase overness worldwide, and generate higher ratings for television.[/I]

Archived