There should be a way to reset HC prestige

For example, if you were a new head coach in a multiplayer game who was taking over a very unsuccessful program (like Kansas for example), there should be a way to edit the Head Coach prestige back to 50, whihc is what all coahces start out wiht. That way, a new player for a bad team doesn't have to assume the bad prestige of the former coach. Just talking my self interests . . . . and the interest of some other folks who took over the coaches. On the other hand, Arlie, I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed your game. Great work.

[QUOTE=RockChalkGG;193487]For example, if you were a new head coach in a multiplayer game who was taking over a very unsuccessful program (like Kansas for example), there should be a way to edit the Head Coach prestige back to 50, whihc is what all coahces start out wiht. That way, a new player for a bad team doesn't have to assume the bad prestige of the former coach. Just talking my self interests . . . . and the interest of some other folks who took over the coaches. On the other hand, Arlie, I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed your game. Great work.[/QUOTE] not positive, but I think all human coaches do start at 50 (look at your prestige on the staff screen)

Sorry, I'm not making myself clear. Arnie (and anyone else), what I'm talking about is the situation faced by a number of new coaches in a multiplayer league such as -- (shameless plug) CooleyVol's fantasticly run Gridiron Glory. In that league, a number of folks such as myself are taking over head coaching positions for teams. Because we're late too the party in these sense that the league has been up and simming for a couple of seasons, most of us new guys are picking up teams with losing records. Which leads to my gripe: I think in a solo game, when a losing team fires their coach and gets a new coach, the new coach starts fresh with a prestige of 50, which indeed is what all coaches start with at the beginning of the game. In contrast, in Gridiron Glory, when I take over for Kansas, my understanding is that Mark changes the name of the exisitng head coach, but I am still stuck with his 42.1 prestige that he has developed from 4 years of losing squads. I think there should be a function whereby Mark (or anyone running a league) could edit the prestige of the head coach and reset any coach's prestige back to 50. There are two compelling reasons for this in my mind. First, it promotes more balance for gameplay. If you're the new coach at Idaho, Kansas, etc., you're already a fundmanetal disadvantage in that all the schools in your conference can out recruit you on prestige, chance to win, etc.; they shouldn't get the huge bonus on another one fo the seven recruiting functions. Second, it would be more realistic to have all new coaches have pretige of 50. For example, when Iowa State fires a Dan McCarney last year with an overall losing record, and then brings in a highlytouted, but unproven coach like gene Chizick, it seems like one of the reasons they do it is because it gives them a "fresh start" on the recuriting trail. So, they trade in an old coach with lower prestige for someone with a clean record. Again, this is a really minor issue and I think the game is awesome.

Archived