All Star Wrestling: Bringing Wrestling Back To Boston

ASW Torrential Force [LEFT][B][I][U]Saturday April 14, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Live from Biker's Paradise (being broadcast over the internet)[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]ASW Torrential Force[/U][/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Pre-Show (Not broadcast live but available on the website after the show)[/B][/LEFT] The opening match for this month featured pre-show regular Rick Arquitte taking on Mark Smart, making his unofficial ASW debut. Both men put up a spirited battle with neither man really taking control of the match. Around the 9 minute mark K-Squared (also making his ASW debut) ran down to the ring after Smart had "accidently" bumped the ref down to the mat. K-Squared rolled into the ring and attacked Arquitte from behind. After that, Smart joined him and they hit a double-DDT on him. K then ran over to wake the ref up as Smart made the academic cover. [B](E+)[/B] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] After the match Bill Lebowski was shown on the TV screens in the back room. He talked about his upcoming match against the champion and how he's glad to be finally getting a chance at gold. [B](E-)[/B] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] Then, right before the show started, Buttercup came out on the ramp and introduced her newest client, Kashmir Singh, who walked out behind her. She said that she saw a lot of promise in this youngster and was taking him under her wing with the intention of making him a #1 contender for the ASW Heavyweight championship. Tonight she promised an easy victory over Rockin' Ryan Turner which would prove her clients legitimacy as a contender. [B](E-)[/B] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B]Main Show[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]The lights in the bar dimmed indicating the main show was about to start. Out of the back and down the ramp came the reigning ASW Champion Dazzling Dave Diamond to a loud chorus of boos. He slowly walked into the ring and taunted the crowd with his belt before beginning to talk.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Ahh...my adoring fans, thank you for that lovely Boston welcome. Now, as you all know, last month I defended my title against not one, but two challengers. Not only that, but it was a ladder match...and in the end it was me...DDD, who shined the brightest, who reached the farthest, and who came down with the belt. Now as you all know, assuming you can read, tonight..."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]Dave is cut off as Bill Lebowski comes out onto the ramp. [I]"I think that we've heard enough out of you Dull Dave. The crowd didn't come here to listen to you go on and on about how great you are, they came here to watch me kick your scrawny butt all over that ring. And Bill Lebowski isn't one to dissapoint the audience so tonight...OH MY GOD LOOK OUT!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]Bill points behind Dave who ducks and covers his head. After a second he peeks out and realizes that there's no one there. Bill just laughs as he walks back up the ramp leaving an embarrassed champion in the ring. [B](E)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][I]"Hello everyone and welcome to another great All Star Wrestling show. This month we're proud to present ASW Torrential Force, I'll be your announcer, Terry Smith, along ringside with his Royal Highness, James DuVall."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Yes, quite Terry. Quite right. This should be another great show with our stunning champion Dazzling Diamond Dave defending against Bill Leblowski."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"I think that's Lebowski, but anyways first out we've got debutting star K-Squared taking on USPW's own Patrick Cool. And here comes K-Squared out now."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]K-Squared walks out carrying a microphone. He looks around at the crowd and scoffs at them. [I]"Tonight, you people get to see something special, tonight you get to see the future of wrestling, the product of years of training, the embodyment of perfection...K-Squared. Tonight, marks the beginning of new era in ASW, and I'm going to one leading the charge. Patrick Cool...what a joke, what a complete waste of space. The only talent you have is putting your hat on backwards. Tonight Cool becomes the first victim, of the K-Squared Revolution." [/I][B](E-)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]1st Match[/U][/B] [B][U]K-Squared vs. Patrick Cool[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Cool came bouncing down the ring, stopping to slap high-fives with a couple cheering fans before sliding into the ring and continuing to do his hip-hop dance around the ring. K-Squared just stares him down as he finishes his pre-match routine and the ref calls for the bell. K bursts into action with a high-flying opening flurry, taking his opponent down with an arm-drag and then quicky following up with a (hip-hop) leg drop. Without missing a beat he pulls Cool up to his feet, whips him to the ropes and hits a flying, spinning wheel kick sending Cool back down to the mat.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"What a display of skill by K here! He's trying to take Cool's head off!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Can you blame him Terry? Cool is absolute rubbish that only clueless American fans could love."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]K continues his assault on Cool hitting two back to back drop kicks and then a hurricarranna. Finally K finishes him off with the K2 (a Shooting Star press after springboarding off the ropes). [B](E-)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][I]"What an absolutely brilliant display of skill by K-Squared here tonight...but I think he still needs to work on his people skills. But it looks like we're going to here from someone who needs no introduction, ASW's newest star American Elemental!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]The TV screens came on to show American Elemental pacing the backstage area. He looks pumped for his debut match up as he looks up at the camera.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Here tonight...right here in Boston, I will be taking on Stretch The Chicken Boy. Now while some people might underestimate somebody like that, I've travelled too much, seen to much to underestimate anyone. So, Chicken Boy, tonight I'm going to be on top of my game and you and everyone else here will see just what I bring to the table...and it ain't chicken!" [/I][B](D)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Wow! Folks we're going to be seeing American Elemental in action later tonight, but next up we've got Kashmir Singh and his new manager Buttercup, taking on MAW's Rockin' Ryan Turner."[/I] [/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]2nd Match[/U][/B] [B][U]Kashmir Singh (with Buttercup) vs. Rockin' Ryan Turner[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]This match-up was basically a squash match showcasing Kashmir's skills. Ryan had one burst of offense where, after knocking Singh down to the mat he ran to the corner and grabbed his guitar intending to hit his opponent with it. As he went into his backswing Buttercup jumped up on the apron and yanked it just as he was beginning to swing, causing him to stumble forward.[/LEFT] [LEFT]As he turned around glaring at Buttercup, Singh picked him up and hit Singhing in the Rain (Spinning Angle Slam) then made the pin for the victory. [B](E-)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][I]"An impressive victory for Singh. The future looks bright this young man and his lovely manager."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"And it's a bloody good thing he had her here tonight, or Ryan Turner would have been playing a tune on his head!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]The spotlight goes up on the top of the ramp as Stretch the Chicken Boy comes down for his upcoming match. He seems distracted and is talking to himself.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Yes! Yes I know! Of course I can beat this masked fool!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]Finally he realises that everyone in the audience is looking at him and he shakes his head and walks down to the ring. [B](F+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]3rd Match[/U][/B] [B][U]American Elemental vs. Stretch the Chicken Boy[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]The crowd couldn't wait to see American Elemental in action and from the opening lock up both workers put on a good show. The crowd was most vocal when AE was on the offensive and then died down somewhat when Stretch would take over, which most likely hurt the match overall.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Stretch had worked his opponents head the entire match with headlocks and some hard elbows and he almost had the Chicken Choke locked on but AE rolled over and then placed a very unscientific right to Stretch's face.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Oh what is the ref blind? Stretch was about to Choke the Chicken and then that masked ruffian uses a closes fist strike to break it up."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Actually I think that move is called the Chicken Choke James. But now it looks like Elemental has taken control!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]AE gets to his feet and hits a Shining Wizard on Stretch who was still recovering from the hard right. He then climbs up on the ropes and hits the Infernal Drop (A front flip into a leg drop from the top rope). He hooks the leg and gets the three count. [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][I]"Well a hard fought match from Stretch but in the end the experience of American Elemental just was too much for him."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Oh nonsense! He just got lucky, you wait I bet the next time these two meet we'll see Stretch Choke the Chicken."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Umm...oh look it's our ASW Heavyweight champion backstage getting ready for his match."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]The TV shows Dazzling Dave back stage putting on his robe and then placing his belt over his shoulder.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"D...D...D. The reigning ASW Heavyweight Champion. Has a nice ring to it. Now, Little Bill Blowski on the other hand, well we all know what that sounds like. But, I'm a fighting champion and so tonight, as worthless as an opponent as I've been giving, I will easily defend my title and give you pathetic little worms out there something to talk about for the next month...until I defend the title again!" [/I][B](E)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]4th Match[/U][/B] [B][U]Dazzling Dave Diamond vs. Bill Lebowski[/U][/B] [B][U]ASW Heavyweight Championship Title Match[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Bill came out fighting trying to take the champion off his game by hitting him with a series of hard rights and lefts before the champ finally had to cover up. Bill didn't let up and before long he had him on the mat as he continued to lay into him. Finally the ref broke it up when Dave managed to reach a hand out and touch the bottom rope.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Dave slowly got to his feet, brushed off his tights and then turned to respond to a mocking audience member. As he did Bill charged at him and clotheslined him over the top rope and sent him crashing to the floor. Bill soaked up some cheers before he leaped out of the ring. He picked the champ up and began to smack his head agaisnt the apron while the crowd counted off the blows. When he reached 5 he stopped and let Dave slide to the floor.[/LEFT] [LEFT]In the ring the ref began counting and was up to 6. Bill bent over to reach for Dave to pull him to his feet and Dave suddenly reared back and punched Bill right where a guy never, ever wants to be punched. Bill's eyes rolled into the back of his head and he went down hard to the mat, clutching at his crotch.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Dave pulled himself up and rolled himself into the ring as the ref made the 10 count. Bill vainly tried to get to his feet but he collapsed to the ground as the 10 count was reached. [B](E-)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][I]"Oh this is terrible! Bill had this match won! This champion disgusts me!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Now now, chap, ref didn't see, it didn't happen. Hmm...looks like Dave isn't quite done yet."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]Dave, after catching his breath decides to add a little insult to injury and rolls down to the floor and walks over to Bill who is still rolling on the floor in considerable pain. Dave mocks the audience with a sexy pose and then kicks Bill in the back, generating some groans from the audience. He lays in another kick when there's a sudden cheer from the crowd.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Out of the back American Elemental comes running down the ramp making a beeline for Dave. The Dazzling One wisely gets out of the way and rolls back into the ring as AE checks on Bill. He motions for help and couple of people come out from the back and help Bill up the ramp. American turns to Dave in the ring.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"You abuse your status as Champion. Truely you are undeserving of such a title. I want to challenge you to a match...tonight...right now!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"You think you can take on the champion huh? Fine, get your stupid masked in this ring and I'll show you how "worthy" I am!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]The crowd is stunned as they realize they're about to see another title match. [B](E)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]5th Match[/U][/B] [B][U]American Elemental vs. Dazzling Dave Diamond[/U][/B] [B][U]ASW Heavyweight Championship Title Match[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Well it looks like the fans are getting some bonus action this month folks as we're about to see Dave defend his title for a second time tonight against American Elemental, who earlier defeated Stretch the Chicken Boy."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"This is just an atrociy, the champion should not have to face off again tonight. He's allready properly defended his title once, this is a mistake on his part."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]American Elemental simply goes crazy on Dave once the bell rings. He goes through an array of take downs, strikes and holds, wearing down the already tired champion without showing any signs of fatigue himself. After a particulary brutal splash in the corner Dave slumps down to a seated position the corner. American Elemental goes to the center of the ring and starts running at him going for a low drop kick, but at the last second Dave rolls out of the way causing AE to slam his leg into the corner.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Dave immediatly runs over to the announce table and grabs his championship belt and then slides back in the ring. As AE is standing back up he runs over and slams him in the head with the belt which causes the ref to call for the bell. Dave doesn't seem to notice and continues to lay belt shots onto the challenger. Finally Oz is able to get him off and this allows AE to roll out of the ring, grasping his head in pain. [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][I]"Hey...Masked Wonder, where you going? You still want some of this? You still think you can take on this undeserving champion? Your pathetic, why don't you go back to Japan? [/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]The crowd boos as the champion continues to taunt AE as he continues to hold his head in pain as he walks up the ramp. [B](E+) END OF BROADCAST.[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]Show Recap[/U][/B] [LEFT][U]Dark Match[/U][/LEFT] [LEFT]Rick Arquitte was defeated by Mark Smart after K-Squared interfered [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][U]Main Show[/U][/LEFT] [LEFT]K-Squared defeated Patrick Cool [B](E-)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Kashmir Singh defeated Rockin Ryan Turner [B](E-)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]American Elemental defeated Stretch the Chicken Boy [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Dazzling Dave Diamond defeated Bill Lewbowski by count out to retain the ASW Heavyweight Championship Title [B](E-)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]American Elemental defeated Dazzling Dave Diamond by DQ, Dave retains the ASW Heavyweight Championship [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][I]Overall Show: E[/I][/B] [B][I]Attendance: 49[/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][U]Next up: April showers bring May flowers, or another ASW show. Reactions and planning continue.[/U][/B][/LEFT] [/LEFT]

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulldozing Into May [LEFT][B][I][U]Friday May 4, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]ASW Main Office[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Quincy, MA[/U][/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Rich seemed concerned as he looked down at the financial spreadsheet he had just finished up. He had burned through almost half of the company's funds in four months and while the company had made great strides in establishing themselves in the New England area (and even made some fans around the world...thank you Internet) the company sponsors were still unwilling to fork over more money for their shows.[/LEFT] [SIZE=3][quote][SIZE=3]The numbers for April:[/SIZE][/quote][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][quote] [LEFT][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Starting Money: 13,481[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [LEFT][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Ticket Sales: +147[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Sponsors: +2,495[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Merchandise: +10[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Workers: -2,625[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Show costs: -700[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Marketing, Admin,[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Misc. -758[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Ending Money: 12,050 (-1,431 for month).[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT] [/LEFT] [/quote][/SIZE] [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]Rich then stopped himself from getting too down after he remembered what his Dad had told him; that he believed in him, he believed in the direction he was taking the company and that even if things did go belly-up, he was glad that he was able to give it one last shot and to work with his son.[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]With that in mind Rich began to look over his roster and how things were shaping up. He realized that he had three people that he pegged as Main Eventers that hadn't seen a second of time in an ASW ring yet. Although they had been invaluable in bringing in such stars as Darryl Devine, Mainstream Hernandez, Masked Cougar and Rockin' Ryan Turner (and Patrick Cool...but he's not a star) Rich realized that Dog Fyte, Ace Youngblood, and Matty Phatty just didn't seem to fit into his long-term plans.[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]On one hand he sympathized with their concerns and complaints about the fact they hadn't appeared yet, but on the other hand he wasn't quite ready to let them go as he had need for some more trade bait and set his sights on CZCW again.[/COLOR][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=black]He called up Cliff Anderson and after about 20 minutes of negotiations he hung up the phone and walked over to his over-used and under-washed dry erase board.[/COLOR][/FONT] [COLOR=black][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3]Citizen X[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3]Fox Mask[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]He wrote those two names in and erased Dog Fyte and Ace Youngblood off the top and wrote them off to the side. He went back to his computer and started flipping through the various news sites and had two stories catch his eye.[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]The first was about a man who worked under the name Bulldozer Brandon Smith. A large but skilled young worker Smith had put on the best match at last month's American Independent show and he was getting a lot of attention. Rich decided he'd try to get in touch with him and see if he could entice him to come up to Boston.[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]The other story that caught his eye was another young man that had entered the wrestling world, Davis Wayne Newton. The story linked him to a couple of grainy videos of him working at a (really) small promotion in Ontario, Canada. Rich's draw nearly fell to the floor when he saw the skill that this 18 year old put on in the ring. A fantastic all around worker and he even gave a great promo. [/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Rich set to work trying to get in touch with his (hopefully) two newest stars.[/COLOR] [COLOR=black][B][I][U]Later that day[/U][/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][I]"Hello Mr. DuVall this is Brandon Smith."[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Rich was surprised how fast he had gotten Smith on the phone, but for some strange reason it seemed that he was the only person who had approached him with a contract offer.[/COLOR] [COLOR=black][I]"Thank you for getting back in touch with me so soon. I'm not sure if you're familiar with my company or not but we've..."[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][I]"700."[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][I]"I'm sorry."[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][I]"700 dollars per appearance. That's what I'm asking."[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Rich paused...700 was just a touch more than he was thinking Smith would want. That would really put him in an awkward position financially as money was already tight. However right now this guy was one of the hottest new faces in the wrestling world and Rich had a chance to have him make his mark in ASW.[/COLOR] [COLOR=black][I]"I understand. I'll have to go over that with my boss, but I'll be back in touch with you shortly. Thank you again for contacting me."[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][I]"Look I understand that your hesitant about that amount, but let me tell you, I'm worth every dollar of it. I'll look forward to your call."[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][I]CLICK[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Well that was one way to negotiate, Rich was about to call his father when the phone rang again.[/COLOR] [COLOR=black][I]"Hello Mr. DuVall, this is Davis Newton returning your call. I'm very interested in your offer. I was thinking something in the ballpark of..."[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][I]"125 per."[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][I]"I'm sorry."[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][I]"125 per appearance Davis. That's my offer."[/I][/COLOR] [I]"Oh...well, yeah, that sounds good."[/I] [I]"Great, pack your bags and head down to Boston because you'll be in our next show. Welcome aboard kid."[/I] Rich had to admit it felt good to get the upper hand in a negotiation, mainly because he knew he was most likely not going to be able to talk Smith into lowering his desired amount. Rich dialed his Dad and was surprised by how decisive his father was. The whole conversation lasted about 10 seconds when his Dad said he'd be crazy to not sign Smith. So he was back on the phone with Smith and told him the good news. [I]"Thanks Mr. DuVall, you won't regret this. I'll be up in Boston in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to meeting everyone."[/I] [I]"Yeah, well I'm looking forward to meeting you as well Brandon. I'm sure this is the beginning of something great."[/I] Rich hung up the phone and went back to his computer to start work on the upcoming shows flyer. Now that he had two key newcomers in place, it was time to showcase them to the world. [COLOR=black][I][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][quote][SIZE=+0] [CENTER][I][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=black][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][B]SATURDAY MAY 12, 2007[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/I][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic] [CENTER][I][COLOR=black][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][B]ALL STAR WRESTLING PRESENTS[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/I] [I][COLOR=black][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][B]ASW ETERNAL DAMNATION[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/I][/CENTER] [CENTER][I][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=black]

ASW Eternal Damnation [LEFT][B][I][U]Saturday May 12, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Live from Biker's Paradise (being broadcast over the Internet)[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]ASW Eternal Damnation[/U][/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Pre-Show (Not broadcast live but available on the website after the show)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Everyone that arrived early to the show got an extra treat as both of the visiting workers from CZCW took part in separate matches. First out was Stretch The Chicken Boy taking on Fox Mask. Stretch fought valiantly and almost had Fox beaten but Fox was able to fight out of the Chicken Choke and hit The Fox Hunter for the win. [B](E)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]Next up Citizen X took on Rick Arquitte. Arquitte continues to impress in these pre-show matches and the Internet community is eager to see him in action as part of the regular show sometime. This match was very well fought and evenly matched but Citizen X was too much and hit the X-Wave for the pin fall victory. [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]Right before the show was about to start, Kashmir came out with Buttercup to talk to the crowd.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Now as you've all heard, tonight Kashmir is set to take on somebody called Bulldozer. Now while most people would be afraid, Kashmir just takes it all in stride because nothing is going to stop him from showing that he deserves to be in contention for the ASW Title."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"That's right Buttercup. Tonight, I'll show everyone including Bulldozer that I'm championship material." [/I][B](E)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B]Main Show[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]As the crowd is welcomed to the show the TV screens come on to show ASW Heavyweight Champion Dazzling Dave Diamond backstage. He is primping in front of his locker, carefully checking his hair. Fox Mask walks by and Dave turns to him and laughs.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"So your my opponent tonight huh? What a joke...I mean, what, did you actually kill a fox and put it on your head? Does that make you some kind of tough guy? Can't management find me anyone who's a legitimate contender to my title?"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Now listen here! Your days of terrorizing all the fans of ASW with your reign of terror are drawing to a close! I shall see that you are stopped and that order is restored!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]With that Fox leaps away leaving a confused champion. [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]James DuVall steps out from behind the announcer's table and into the ring to address the audience.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Hello and good evening all! Now as you know these past four months we've strove to bring you an exciting brand of wrestling to the people of Boston...however undeserving you are of it...and tonight I'm very proud to introduce to you two new members of the ASW company who I'm sure will be making quite an impact. The other I'll introduce to you latter in the show, but right now let's bring out our next All American Champion...Davis Wayne Newton!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]Newton walks out to a smattering of applause and boos. He goes into the ring and shakes hands with DuVall.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Now young Master Newton, I want you to know that I had to pull a few strings to get you a championship match on your debut...but I'm sure you won't disappoint me. I have every confidence that soon we'll have a proper All American Champion." [/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]The two shake hands and the crowd boos as it's obvious that anyone who is in with the boss can't be a nice person. [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]1st Match[/U][/B] [B][U]Davis Wayne Newton vs. Cal Sanders (w/Buttercup)[/U][/B] [B][U]All American Title Match[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Cal comes down to the ring with Buttercup leading the way as the crowd cheers him on. She gives her client some last second advice before he steps in the ring and soon the match is under way.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Both men really went all out but Davis Wayne Newton certainly shone, especially for his debut match. Buttercup did her best to help her client out when anytime Newton would get a string of offense going she'd yell to him to roll out of the ring to recover, but eventually the younger challenger proved to much and picked up the win after hitting The Highlight Reel (a flying cross body press from the top rope) and scoring the pin fall. [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]The crowd, the announcers, Buttercup and especially Cal Sanders are all stunned as Newton is handed the belt and walks around the ring displaying it to all four sides of the ring.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Ahh...don't feel bad Cal, I mean, you lost, but you lost to me...the Triple Threat. This is what I do, I come out and make sure that at the end of the night...I'm what people are talking about, because I'm that damn good! And here's the proof (he holds up the belt) now this belt is around somebody who deserves to wear it! [/I][B](E)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]James DuVall is in a great mood as he steps back into the ring.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Ahh...now wasn't that just a smashing show? Not that most of you would recognize talent unless it smashed your head in! Fortunately I've got someone here who can do that...or should I say who can bulldoze that! Ladies and Gents...I give you Bulldozer...Brandon...Smith!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]The impressive figure of Smith walks out and the crowd is almost stunned into silence as the hulk of a man steps into the ring.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"That's right everyone...and ASW is the only place you'll see Bulldozer doing what he does best, because he's our newest star!" [/I][B](E)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]James hands the microphone to Bulldozer before he steps out of the ring.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Ahh...now this is my kind of bar...a biker bar. A place where I can smash someone like Kasper Sing, or whatever his name is, and not get arrested for it. And after I pin Kasper, 1, 2, 3, I'm going to have to decide...who's lady I'm taking home tonight." [/I][B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]2nd Match[/U][/B] [B][U]Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Kashmir Singh (w/Buttercup)[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Bulldozer tried to take the match over early by overpowering his smaller opponent with a few elbow smashes and then some nicely executed take downs. Singh fought back though and hit some power moves of his own almost taking the big man down.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Bulldozer was just too much though and at the 13:29 mark he hit his Demolition Drop (A bear hug followed by a bell-to-belly suplex) and made the cover for the win. [B](D-)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]The TV screens came on again to show Citizen X standing backstage.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"You people are all fools! You are all under the control of Big Brother. The Man. He's everywhere! He's even right here in this company! Tonight I intend to fight the power and that starts with taking out one of the figureheads...American Elemental! After I easily defeat you, then I shall set my sights on taking down the champion and finally destroying this company and all it represents!" [/I][B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]The screens go out and American Elemental steps out onto the ramp and walks down into the ring.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Citizen X, I don't know who this 'man' is that you speak of. What I do know is that tonight, your short stay here in ASW will be filled with disappointment as you won't find any answers, just questions about why your suddenly staring up at the ceiling." [/I][B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]3rd Match[/U][/B] [B][U]American Elemental vs. Citizen X[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]American looked very strong tonight as he locked up with X. But X put up a good fight, even as the match went past the 15 minute mark and he was almost out of energy. Finally at the 16:37 mark AE reversed X's attempted Flaming Anarchy and sent X down to the mat. He climbed the ropes to hit the inferno drop and then made the cover for the pin fall. [B](D-)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]After the match it looked like X was going to attack AE but instead he shook his hand congratulating him on a hard fought match and then the two of them celebrated in the ring acknowledging the cheers from the crowd. [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]Fox Mask comes down to the ring to a nice ovation from the crowd.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Tonight, I come here, so that you, the good people of Boston, may be free of Dave Diamond who uses his power as champion to fulfill his own evil wishes. Truth and justice shall win the battle tonight and new era of peace shall begin. [/I][B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][I]"Oh hog wash! You...freak with a fox on his head! I'm exactly what a champion should be...photogenic. Someone that the company is proud to put on their website, or on a magazine and say...here, this is the man that represents our company. And let's face it...when it comes to that, nobody's got it better than me. So, tonight after I once again defend my title...you can just fly back to California with you little fox tail tucked between your legs." [/I]Dave says as he steps out onto the ramp and on his way down to the ring. [B](E)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]4th Match[/U][/B] [B][U]Fox Mask vs. Dazzling Dave Diamond[/U][/B] [B][U]ASW Heavyweight Championship Title Match[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]It's becoming obvious that Dave's stamina is an issue as this match didn't quite last 10 minutes. Fox Mask did his best to make the champion look good and at the 9:37 mark, Dave rolled him up and with a handful of tights won the match. [B](E)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][I]"You see...you masked fool. Once again, the Dazzling One has retained his title...and that's just the way it should be. Tell the photographers I'm ready for my close up now. [/I][B](E+) END OF BROADCAST[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][U]Show Recap[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][U]Dark Match[/U][/LEFT] Fox Mask defeated Stretch the Chicken Boy [B](E)[/B] [LEFT]Citizen X defeated Rick Arquitte [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][U]Main Show[/U][/LEFT] [LEFT]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Cal Sanders for the All American Title [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Kashmir Singh [B](D-)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]American Elemental defeated Citizen X [B](D-)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Dazzling Dave Diamond defeated Fox Mask to retain the ASW Heavyweight Championship Title [B](E)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][I]Overall Show: E+[/I][/B] [B][I]Attendance: 41[/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][U]Next up: A big shake up is set to occur in ASW. Who's going? Who's staying? Stay tuned to find out.[/U][/B] [B][/B] OOC: I know this write-up was shorter than normal, but I was finding it hard to keep writing up detailed matches without them becoming repetitive. I figured that what I'm mainly focused on is the story of the company growing and the characters involved, so I'll just be giving brief show recaps except for really important moments. I know that dialog is my strong point so I'll spend more time on that (interviews and between show happenings) than on matches.[/LEFT]

[QUOTE]OOC: I know this write-up was shorter than normal, but I was finding it hard to keep writing up detailed matches without them becoming repetitive. I figured that what I'm mainly focused on is the story of the company growing and the characters involved, so I'll just be giving brief show recaps except for really important moments. I know that dialog is my strong point so I'll spend more time on that (interviews and between show happenings) than on matches.[/QUOTE] I always found that leaving the longer, more detailed write-ups for the bigger matches, like a main event or a PPV saves your fingers (and sanity) a bit of wear and tear. Makes those matches mean more as well.

Trouble In ASW? [FONT=System]From [URL="http://www.newenglandwrestler.com"][COLOR=black]www.newenglandwrestler.com[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT] [quote] [U][B][FONT=System][FONT=System][U][B]May 15, 2007[/B][/U][/FONT] [FONT=System][U][B]ASW Falling Apart[/B][/U][/FONT] [/FONT][/B][/U]Yesterday this site confirmed that in all 4 people have been let go in the small Boston based All Star Wrestling organization. Three wrestlers had their contract terminated; Dog Fyte, Ace Youngblood and Matty Phatty. Also little used announcer Remmington Remus did not have his contract renewed and is no longer working for the company although there is speculation of him coming back later this year. Sources say that Matty Phatty was very upset after having traveled back from a match he recently worked up in Canada for 4C as part of a talent trade between them and ASW and apparently thought he was going to be given a match instead of walking papers. Dog Fyte and Ace Youngblood took it in stride and are already contacting other promotions in hopes of landing a contract somewhere. None of the workers had been in a match with ASW, although management kept them busy traveling between MAW, CZCW, USPW and 4C at one point or another the past 4 months. With the signing of Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Davis Wayne Newton it appears that these three were now considered excess weight for the small financially strapped company. While critically successful during their first few months, it appears as if money concerns are starting to force changes in the company, as has happened over the years with several small wrestling promotions. Let's hope that ASW can somehow right their ship and keep bringing us the high-octane excitement they've brought back to the Boston wrestling scene. ASW owner James DuVall could not be reached for comment at the time of this article. A fan that we interviewed on the street said that "it sucks they're letting go of such great talent! Matty Phatty is way better than Roderick Remus or especially that American Elemental, they just suck. But Matty wore a monkey mask! Come on that's gold!" This reporter had to walk away as the fan continued rambling on, but apparently ASW does have it's rabid fans. Currently ASW has their next show scheduled for June 23, title School's Out Forever. No matches are confirmed yet although it's widely rumored that American Elemental will get a title shot against Dazzling Dave Diamond for the ASW Heavyweight Championship which he's held since Roses Are Dead in February. Stay tuned to this website for all your up-to-date New England wrestling news. [/quote]

The Big One Is Coming [B][I][U]Friday June 1, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]James DuVall's Condo[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Boston, MA[/U][/I][/B] Rich and his father James sat and stared in each other in silence; Rich because he was waiting for an answer and James because he was trying to digest what Rich had just asked. When James had told Rich to not worry so much about money he never thought that Rich would take it too heart this much. [I]"So you want to use..."[/I] [I]"Everyone Dad! Every single person on our roster...and even the three workers we have on loan. I want to make June be one of our big shows...and then we'll have July be a really small show, at least for this year."[/I] [I]"We're going to lose money...alot I would imagine."[/I] [I]"Yeah Dad, prolly around four grand. But I really think that this will be the show that puts us on the map. This will be the show that when we look back, we'll say things started there."[/I] James leaned back in his chair and looked at the financials from the previous month. [quote] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Starting Money: 12,050[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Ticket Sales: +123[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Sponsors: +2,546[/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Merchandise: +34 [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Workers: -3800[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Show costs: -700 [/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Marketing, Admin,[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Misc. -782[/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Ending Money: 9,471 (-2,579 for month)[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [/LEFT] [/LEFT] [/quote] [LEFT]He scratched his head as he set the spreadsheet down and looked up at his son. As he looked at him he remembered himself when he was that age; so full of life and ambition and with dreams of making something happen. Of course the dreams of his younger days died in 1978 but today, here and now his son's were alive.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"So what do you have in mind?[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][I][U]Later that day[/U][/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Rich was just putting the finishes touches on the flier for this months show. He looked up and saw his Dad in the kitchen...cooking! Rich thought and then realized he couldn't remember the last time he had seen his Dad cook, the guy ate out so much he was well known in just about every restaurant within 5 blocks on his condo. [quote] [CENTER][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Century Gothic][B][SIZE=5]SATURDAY JUNE 23, 2007[/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=black]ALL STAR WRESTLING PRESENTS[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=black]ASW SCHOOL'S OUT FOREVER[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]THE MAIN EVENT[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/DazzlingDaveDiamond.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/VS.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/AmericanElemental.jpg[/IMG] [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]DAZZLING DAVE DIAMOND DEFENDS HIS ASW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP AGAINST AMERICAN ELEMENTAL IN A HARDCORE NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]4-WAY MAYHEM NUMBER ONE CONTENDER MATCH FOR THE ASW HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE[/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [B][I][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/BulldozerBrandonSmith_alt.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B] [B][I][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/LittleBillLebowski.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/VS.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/KashmirSingh.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B] [B][I][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/RoderickRemus.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B] [B][I][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]BULLDOZER BRANDON SMITH, BILL LEBOWSKI, KASHMIR SINGH AND RODERICK REMUS FACE OFF IN A 4-WAY ELIMINATION MATCH. WINNER RECEIVES A TITLE SHOT AT THE AUGUST CRITICAL MASS SHOW![/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B] [SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][I][B]FIRST EVER 5 MAN LOTTERY BATTLE ROYAL FOR THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER OF THE ALL AMERICAN TITLE[/B][/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][I][B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]STRETCH THE CHICKEN BOY, RICK ARQUITTE, TEMPEST APPLEBY, THOMAS MORGAN AND JEREMY JAZZ IN AN OVER THE TOP RUMBLE![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][I][B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]LUCK OF THE DRAW DETERMINES THE ORDER THEY ENTER. WHO WILL BE LEFT STANDING?[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic][I][B][SIZE=3]ALSO:[/SIZE][/B][/I][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][I][B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON VS. CAL SANDERS[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER] [CENTER][I][B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4]ASW ALL AMERICAN TITLE REMATCH[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER] [CENTER][I][B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]GET THERE EARLY TO SEE:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I] [CENTER][I][B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]MARK SMART AND K-SQUARED VS. PATRICK COOL AND ROCKIN RYAN TURNER[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]ALL THIS AND A SURPRISE GUEST APPEARANCE![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS HUGE SHOW HELD AT THE BIKER'S PARADISE BAR[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]TICKETS ONLY $3.00![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [/CENTER] [/FONT][/SIZE][CENTER] [/CENTER] [/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/quote] Rich emailed the files to Erin back at his office so she could make her monthly Staples run and then he shut down his laptop and looked up at his Dad in the kitchen. He cracked a smile as he realized just how happy he was to be working with his Father. He was about to say something when suddenly his Dad screamed. [I]"Hey...need a little help here!"[/I] Only James DuVall could mess up making sphgehtti... [B][I][U]COMING UP NEXT: ASW SCHOOL'S OUT FOREVER[/U][/I][/B] [B]PREDICTION GUIDE:[/B] Dazzling Dave Diamond vs. American Elemental in a Hardcore ASW Heavyweight Title Match Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Kashmir Singh vs. Bill Lebowski vs. Roderick Remus 4 way elimination match number one contender for ASW Title Stretch the Chicken Boy vs. Rick Arquitte vs. Tempest Appleby vs. Thomas Morgan vs. Jeremy Jazz 5 man over the top Royal Rumble number one contender match for All American title Davis Wayne Newton vs. Cal Sander All American Title match Bonus Pre show Prediction: K-Squared and Mark Smart vs. Patrick Cool and Rockin Ryan Turner [/LEFT]

ASW School's Out Forever! [LEFT][B][I][U][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/angrygeek.jpg[/IMG][/U][/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][I][U]Stanley Ply's Wrestling Reviews[/U][/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Hey everyone! Thanks for checking out my all new website where I review everything that is...wrestling. This week I'm going to be reviewing a little promotion, All Star Wrestling, out of Boston that claimed that their show this month was going to be a good one. Well, I was there (and I taped the INTERNET broadcast) and I've watched over and over, and I guess it didn't completely suck. Especially for a little tiny promotion, it was actually enjoyable. Here's Stanley's review..."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][I][U]Saturday June 23, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Live from Biker's Paradise (being broadcast over the Internet)[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]ASW School's Out Forever![/U][/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Pre-Show (Not broadcast live but available on the website after the show)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]So I show up a whole hour early (completely missing the Star Trek marathon on Sci-Fi) and to start the show James DuVall comes out with a large bag and 5 small containers saying that the first order of business is the drawing for the order in the 5 man royal rumble. First out down the ramp is Jeremy Jazz, who we haven't seen for awhile. Jeremy reaches in and pulls out one of the little balls and pops it open to look at the number inside. He mumbles something and then heads back up the ramp [B](F+)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]You know what to save time, the next 2 guys out, Rick Arquitte and Tempest Appleby both really had a boring reaction to the drawing. [B](F+)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Stretch the Chicken Boy came down and drew his number and let out a big [I]"Ba Kaw!" [/I]when he saw his number. At least it got a small chuckle out of the crowd. [B](E-)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]James says that the last man to draw will do so during the show and he then went over and sat down at the announce table while K-Squared and Mark Smart came down the ramp and into the ring.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Now as all of you know, tonight you'll get to see a really great match as my partner and I take on Patrick Fool and Suckin' Ryan Turner. He he...isn't funny the way I made fun of their names K Man?"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Not really Mark. However it's true that tonight the new team of...K-Mark will be in action and the Cool Dudes don't stand a chance. I'm perfection, I'm the best worker in this company...and why am I bothering telling you people? Cool and Turner...tonight you'll get beat so bad you'll never want to come back to Boston." [/I][B](E-) (I really like that Mark Smart character maybe I can get an autograph from him sometime)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [B][U]Preshow Match[/U][/B] [B][U]K-Mark (K-Squared and Mark Smart) vs. Cool Dudes (Patrick Cool and Rockin' Ryan Turner)[/U][/B] After watching this I completely understand why it was on...before the show! This match sucked something fierce and the only redeeming factor was the old man DuVall trying to make the people care about as he added in his comments at the announce table. [B]Winner: K-Mark with The Blue Light Special on Patrick Cool at 10:12 mark. (F)[/B] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B]Main Show[/B][/LEFT] After the debacle of the pre-show, Terry Smith and James DuVall welcomed the crowd to the show and then introduced the ASW Heavyweight Champion Dazzling Dave Diamond. Dave came down to the ring with his usual strut and then told the audience how lucky they were to see him in action tonight, assuring the crowd that he would retain his title. Then (surprise) American Elemental came out and said that tonight Dave wouldn't be able to pull any of usual tricks and he looked forward to both beating Dave to within an inch of life and taking away the Title belt from him. Elemental then walked back up into the back and Dave followed after fixing his hair. [B](E)[/B] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]DuVall walked up into the ring after Dave left and announced that four of the five participants for the 5 man Rumble had already drawn their numbers leaving only Thomas Morgan to draw his. Morgan came out as some generic hard rock played. He went up to DuVall and drew his number and said [I]"Rock on!" [/I]then stepped back out. Hey, I didn't know Morgan was a rock star. James said that the next match would the rumble and then headed back to his announce table. [B](E)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]1st Match[/U][/B] [B][U]Stretch the Chicken Boy vs. Rick Arquitte vs. Tempest Appleby vs. Jeremy Jazz vs. Thomas Morgan[/U][/B] [B][U]5 Man Royal Rumble Winner get All American Title Match in August[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]The first two men out were Stretch and Rick and both men right after each other. I was surprised to see Rick hits some nice holds on Stretch as I didn't think he had any mat skills at all, I guess you're never too old to learn. At the two minute mark Jazz came down to the ring and broke up the head scissors that Rick had on Stretch and then continued beating on Rick while Stretch recovered.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Jazz and Rick exchanged rights and then Stretch sent them both to the mat with a Meeting of the Minds. This brought us to the four minute mark where Tempest Appleby came down to the ring and went after Stretch. Those two locked up and it was Appleby's turn to exchange some holds with the Chicken Boy, displaying a previous skill set the ASW fans hadn't seen yet.[/LEFT] [LEFT]The last man, Thomas Morgan came down at the six minute mark and went to Jazz and Rick who were both tied up in the ropes trying to push the other over. Morgan tried to flip both men out but instead, the two men turned on Morgan and tossed him over. As Jazz was trying to catch his breath Rick drop kicked him and sent him over the top rope.[/LEFT] [LEFT]On the other side of the ring, Stretch was about to get pushed over the top when he grabbed Tempest's wrist and bent it at an awkward angle, making him release Stretch. Then Stretch hit the Poultry in Motion and easily tossed him over the rope leaving him to face Arquitte.[/LEFT] [LEFT]They went back to their mat work for a couple of minutes but Stretch was just too strong and after hitting another Poultry in Motion he went to toss Rick over but Davis Wayne Newton ran down and tried to pull Stretch's legs out from under him but Stretch simply kicked him away. Then we got to see an angry chicken lift Rick up and toss him over the ropes down onto Newton to win the match. [/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Winner: Stretch The Chicken Boy at the 11:15 mark. (F+) (This mess was only slightly better than the pre-show match, I had high hopes for this one too, but it sucked!)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]After Stretch celebrated his victory he exchanged stares with Newton as he left and Newton climbed up into the ring. He went through his regular spiel about how great he is, how he was going to win. Pretty standard stuff. [B](E)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]2nd Match[/U][/B] [B][U]Davis Wayne Newton vs. Cal Sanders (W/Buttercup)[/U][/B] [B][U]ASW All American Title Match[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]As far as rematches go this one wasn't bad. Buttercup kept the crowd involved (mostly) and really worked well calling out strategy to Cal. Newton is the real thing, what's his nickname? Triple Threat? No doubt about it. He out wrestled Cal in every way in this match and hit his new finisher, The Curtain Call and made the no-doubt pin for the victory at the 14:37 mark.[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Winner: Davis Wayne Newton with the Curtain Call [/B][B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] Davis snatched the title belt out of the ref's hands and went to each corner of the ring to celebrate. While the crowd booed, I clapped, his one of the workers who doesn't suck in this company and he put on a great show. [B](E)[/B] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] Speaking of guys who don't suck; next out was the big bad Bulldozer Smith. This guy is just impressive to see in person and looked especially intimidating in his biker jacket. [I]"Tonight, I get to tumble with three other men in this ring. Most men would be a little scared, but hell, I've been in bar fights my whole life...this is what I was born to do...ride bikes...kick ass. And come August...become champion." [/I][B](D-) (Short sweet and to the point, just like my love letters I send to Gillian Anderson)[/B] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] Roderick Remus stepped out onto the ramp as Brandon Smith was about to head back up the ramp. Man whens the last time we saw him? (It was back in the February show for you losers who can't remember) Roderick looked out at the crowd and then to Smith. [I]"So you think because you're the hot new worker 'round here you can just get whatever you want? Well Smith, I'm the one who born to be a champion! I'm the one who's going to show everyone exactly what Roderick Remus is all about...tonight, I'm gonna fly like a bird...and I'm gonna take a crap right on top of your big stupid head!" [/I][B](E) (Well Mr. Remus could stand to take some lessons from Smith...yawn.)[/B] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]3rd Match[/U][/B] [B][U]Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Roderick Remus vs. Kashmir Singh vs. Bill Lebowski[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Well sorry to all of you Bill Lebowski fans (you know who you are) but he lasted about 45 seconds in this match. Smith first hit him with a clothesline that nearly knocked his teeth out and then Singh hit the Singhing and Dancing elbow drop and made the pinfall eliminated Bill.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Roderick had Smith down on the mat after hitting a really nice Tornado DDT reversing a suplex that Smith was trying to hit. He was about to follow through when Kashmir came up behind him and tried to put on a headlock. Remus fought it off and slipped out then worked over Singh with a nice flurry of high-flying moves. He whipped him into the corner and Smith caught him and hit a HUGE power slam and went for the cover.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Remus hit a baseball slide to break up the cover and then pinned Singh himself leaving just him and a very irate Smith. Smith went into a rage and was a man on a mission, fighting off some of Remus' best shots and then hitting the Demolition Drop. Smith probably could have gotten a 20 count when he made the pin but settled for a 3.[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Winner: Bulldozer Brandon Smith with a Demolition Drop on Roderick Remus for the final elimination. (E+) (Match of the night so far...oh oh)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]Smith wasn't in a hurry to leave the ring after his hard fought victory and he got tossed a microphone from the announce table just so he could tell the crowd how great he was.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Tonight I took on the so-called best challengers for the title...and I kicked everyone's ass! Now in August I don't care if it's Dave or if it's Elemental I face, I'm riding out of there the new...ASW...Heavyweight...Champion." [/I][B](D-) (I wish they could a show with just Smith in it!)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] As Smith walked out the TV screens in the bar came on to show the champion backstage slowly putting on his rope and getting ready to make his entrance for the main event. [I]"Ahh...fit for a king...and a champion! You see...what Elemental doesn't understand is that to be champion you've got to first look like a champion...and let's face it, I'm the best damn looking champion this company's ever had. Actually I'm the ONLY champion this company has ever had...and tonight I'm gonna make sure that doesn't change. [/I][B](E+)[/B] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]American Elemental came out as the screens faded and the crowd gave him a nice ovation but suddenly everyone started booing as Citizen X (hey I thought he went back to California) came running out behind him. But he didn't attack Elemental, he just patted him on the back.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"E, I know that we don't always see eye-to-eye. I know we have different agendas. But tonight, I want to see you destroy that twinkle-toed fairy and in so doing destroy the very foundation that this company has been built on!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]Elemental chuckles and thanks X for his words of encouragement and continues down to the ring. [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]4th Match[/U][/B] [B][U]American Elemental vs. Dazzling Dave Diamond[/U][/B] [B][U]ASW Heavyweight Championship Title Hardcore Match[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]When I looked at my watch as American Elemental hit his finishing Inferno Splash, I realized that the match had only lasted for 9 minutes and 42 seconds! Not even 10 minutes and Dave still looked like he had just run the Boston Marathon. [/LEFT] [LEFT]This match really sucked, especially for a main event. Dave tried to use the title belt to take out Elemental but he got a boot to the gut instead and it was all downhill from there. Thank God that guy's isn't champion any longer! [B](E-) (Nothing more to say than na na na na...na na na na....hey hey hey....goodbye)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]Elemental took the belt as referee Oz Lord handed it to him and he stared at it in disbelief and then put it on his shoulder and waved to the crowd. Citizen X came out from the back and shook his hand then raised it and pointed at the new champion with his other hand, getting the crowd to cheer some more. Yeah it was kind of sentimental crappy ending of the show but at least Elemental looks like he's learning how to act a little bit. [B](E) END OF BROADCAST[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][U]Show Recap[/U][/B][/LEFT] For those of you who have the attention span of a...umm...something that doesn't have a long attention span. Here's Stan's quick show wrap up. [LEFT][U]Dark Match[/U][/LEFT] K-Mark defeated Cool Dudes [B](F)[/B] [U]Main Show[/U] [LEFT]Stretch The Chicken Boy won the 5 Man Rumble and will get an All American Title shot at the August show. [B](F+)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Davis Wayne Newton defeated Cal Sanders to retain the All American Title [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Bulldozer Brandon Smith won the 4 way match and will get a Heavyweight Championship title match at the August show. [B](E+)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]American Elemental defeated Dazzling Dave Diamond to WIN the ASW Heavyweight Championship Title [B](E-)[/B][/LEFT] [B][I]Overall Show: E [/I][/B] [B][I]It could have been worse (I'm not sure how) but Bulldozer Smith looks like the next big thing and Dave finally dropped the strap![/I][/B] [B][I]Attendance: 33 poor souls lost what could have been a productive Saturday night.[/I][/B] Thanks for reading my review. Next time I'll be talking about why Lobster Warrior should NEVER take his mask off! [LEFT][B][U]Next up: ASW hits the 6 month anniversery...and prepares to put on their smallest show...EVER! Stay tuned![/U][/B][/LEFT] OOC: Hope everyone enjoyed Stanley's write-up. I find it's easier to write up a little longer show from the point of a smart-ass but optimistic fan. I'm sure we'll see Stanley again next month.

[QUOTE=Trackersan;201720][LEFT][B][I][U][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/angrygeek.jpg[/IMG][/U][/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][I][U]Stanley Ply's Wrestling Reviews[/U][/I][/B][/LEFT][/QUOTE] :eek: He's reviewing your shows now? I think I may have created a monster.

The OOC Post OOC: Hello Dear Readers, I just wanted to make a small post as the six month mark approaches in this diary about my feelings on the diary and where this little story is going. First off, I want to thank the two posters who've replied the most in this thread...Dragonmack and J Silver. Although I never expect replies, as a writer it's always nice to get feedback of any kind. And a very special thanks to J for giving the inspiration for the Stanley Ply character, who may play a larger role as the diary goes on. Secondly a thanks to those who read the diary...looking at the view count, I'm getting around 15 views per post so I'm very happy with that. The first few virtual months of a diary (especially when it's about a small promotion running only 1 show a month) are really just about establishing yourself both in the game and in the diary...a growing period as readers adjust to your writing style and what the diary is all about. Hopefully soon ASW will grow in size and then financial constraints won't be as much of a creative burdon and ASW can really start to shine. My goal in writing a diary is not for some large ending (although ASW as a Global promotion would be interesting) and I'm more interested in the journey rather than the destination. Hopefully everyone enjoys the ride. Next up I'll be putting up a sort of in character semi-annual review of the promotion and where we're heading. The July show will be very small (especially compared to the June show) but it's all part of the journey. So, again, thank you to all my readers. As always feel free to leave your thoughts, comments, questions and enjoy the show. Best Regards, Steve aka Trackersan

Unexpected Company [B][I][U]Sunday, July 1, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Richard DuVall's Apartment[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Quincy, MA[/U][/I][/B] Rich and his father James were sitting in the living room with papers spread out around them and each of them holding a notebook with several scribbled notes. Rich took a long sip from his tea cup and stood up. [I]"More tea Dad?" [/I]He said as he walked into the kitchen. James looked down at his half-filled cup and shook his head no as he looked over some papers. [I]"So is this all of the sponsorship money then? Yes? This isn't really a great bottom line then is it?" [/I]James said as he unfolded a spreadsheet on his lap. [quote] [SIZE=3][FONT=Courier New][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Starting Money: 9,471 [/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=3][FONT=Courier New]Ticket Sales: +99[/FONT][/SIZE] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Sponsors: +2,496[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Merchandise: +35 [/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Workers: -4850[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Show costs: -700 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Marketing, Admin,[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Misc. -776[/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Ending Money: 5,775(-3,696 for month)[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [/FONT][/SIZE][/quote] Rich came back in and sat down, blowing across his tea before taking a sip and setting it down. [I]"Dad, we knew that it was going to be a hard month financially but it was a really successful show. I mean, right now there's nowhere else that anyone can go to see American Elemental or Brandon Smith. And now everyone knows that those two will face each other in our August show. The advance buzz we're getting for that match is really good, people are looking forward to a show that's still over a month away."[/I] [I]"Actually Rich I meant to tell that I received a fax from Ryu Kajahara stating that he just got a commitment from Elemental to tour with the company. Now I know this sounds bad, but I've heard through the grapevine that WEXX is on hard financial straits right now...so who knows if they'll even be in business by August. Also, I've spoken with Elemental and he said he'll fly back from Japan for our August show...so hopefully with a day's rest he won't be too jet lagged." [/I]James added wryly as he sat down his notepad. [I]"I see...well, I guess that's part of the business. So like I told you last month, the July show is just going to be a really small exhibition; 3 matches, none of our Main Eventers, and more importantly nobody that's too expensive. We should at least be able to break even this month...unless of course...well never mind." [/I]Rich shook his head and was about to speak again. [I]"No what? What's unless?" [/I]James questioned as he leaned forward. [I]"Well it's just that....O.K. I'm sure you know who Nemisis is right? Yeah of course you do, who doesn't? Well his son Ash just decided to try his hand at following in his father's footsteps and while his Dad wishes him well he's going to make him work his way up to working at DAVE. So Ash is going to have to start out working small shows...like ours. So just on the 1 in a million chance he might decide to work here instead of some other established place like CZCW I decided to offer him a contract. Nothing really big, $450 per, and just so he wouldn't feel tied down I made it a 3 month deal."[/I] James leaned back and took all that in, knowing full well what it would mean to his company to have someone like Ash Campell working on his shows. All Star Wrestling indeed. [I]"O.K. well let's assume that he doesn't decide to work here...this is the line-up I had planned." [/I]Rich held his notepad up so James could see it. [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][B]Thomas Morgan vs. Tempest Appleby[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][B]K-Squared vs. Rick Arquitte[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][B]Davis Wayne Newton vs. Cal Sanders All American Title Match[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [I]"Not bad Rich...are you planning some bigger storyline with you and K-Squared?"[/I] [I]"I'm not sure Dad, I'll see how we work out together but I'm getting more and more confident in my wrestling skills. I almost hate to say it but I learned allot working with Stretch last month." [/I]Rich chuckled as he took another sip of tea. [I]"I'm just not sure I like the idea of having Cal face Newton...again. That would make three months in a row. Now I understand that we're not expecting a large crowd for such a small show, but I don't people to think we're getting stale." [/I]James added with a note of concern in his voice. Before Rich could answer the phone rang and he walked over to answer it. The conversation was brief and Rich only had a chance to nod his head and say "uh-huh" a couple of times before he hung up the phone. He picked up his pen and quickly wrote down something on his notepad before holding it up to his Father. [I]"How's this look for our July main event?"[/I] [SIZE=3][FONT=Courier New][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][U]Davis Wayne Newton vs. Ash Campell[/U][/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"]James stood up and put a hand on his son's shoulder. [I]"Yeah, that looks good. Let's get a new flier made up."[/I][/SIZE][/FONT] [quote] [CENTER][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=5][B]SATURDAY JULY 7TH[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Palatino Linotype][B][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=5]ALL STAR WRESTLING[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=5][FONT=Palatino Linotype][B][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=5]PRESENTS[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=5][FONT=Palatino Linotype][B][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=5]ASW PATRIOT'S DAY[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Palatino Linotype][B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=5]A SPECIAL MAIN EVENT[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=5][FONT=Palatino Linotype][B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=5]SEE THE PROFESSIONAL DEBUT OF A FUTURE SUPERSTAR[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][B][SIZE=5][FONT=Palatino Linotype][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/DavisWayneNewton.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/VS.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/AshCampbell.jpg[/IMG] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON DEFENDS HIS ALL AMERICAN TITLE AGAINST ASH CAMPELL[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]ALSO SCHEDULED:[/SIZE][/FONT] [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/K-Squared.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/VS_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/male4.jpg[/IMG] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]K-SQUARED TAKES ON RICK ARQUITTE [/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]THOMAS MORGAN VS. TEMPEST APPLEBY[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3]ALL THE EXCITEMENT STARTS AT 8:OOPM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3]HELD AT BOSTON'S FAMOUS BIKER'S PARADISE BAR[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3]TICKETS ONLY $3.00[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/quote] [LEFT][/FONT][/SIZE]Rich realized he would have to run to Staples himself today to make the copies but he was on such a high after getting the call from the company lawyer saying that he had received a signed copy of the contract offer from Ash that he didn't really care. [/LEFT] [LEFT]As he gathered up the papers he saw his Dad sitting back down on the couch. [I]"I'm going to go over the roster while your out, we'll go over it together when you get back. Let's not forget that this company is about two big shows away from going in debt. Don't get me wrong I'm glad you got Campell but we've still got some work to do today."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]And just like that Rich frowned when he accepted that his Dad was right. As he walked out the door he wondered if he would get paid overtime for working a double shift on a Sunday.[/LEFT] [LEFT][SIZE=3][FONT=Courier New][B][B][I][U][SIZE=3]Coming up next: A full roster run down, who's working out and who's just collecting a paycheck. Then the exciting (hopefully) debut of Ash Campell at July's Patriot Day show![/SIZE][/U][/I][/B][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

State of the ASW Roster Address [B][I][U]Sunday July 1, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Richard DuVall's Apartment[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Quincy, MA[/U][/I][/B] Rich got back late in the evening after getting all the fliers up this month's show and had sort of forgotten that his Dad was still there and looking to have an in depth review of the roster. Rich grabbed a beer from the fridge (a Sam Adams of course) and plopped down on the couch in the living room. He was pleasantly surprised when his Dad handed him a sheet with the roster on it and his own notes. [I]"I can see your tired Rich, I've gone over the roster and made my own notes and observations. Go over it tonight and get back to me tomorrow if you have anything else to add. Good working with you today and thanks for all your time and dedication to making this whole ASW thing work out." [/I]James said as he stood up to leave. Rich stood up and walked him to the door. [I]"Thank you Dad...for giving me a chance again at living the dream. I promise you I won't disappoint you at the next show. I'm feeling stronger everyday."[/I] James just nodded to him, mumbled goodbye and walked out of the apartment. Rich sighed as, while he knew his Dad was never good with the emotional stuff, he sort of hoped that by the time he had reached his 30's that he would get better at it. Rich walked back over to the living room and grabbed the roster sheet and began to go over his Dad's notes: [U][QUOTE] [U][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/AmericanElemental.jpg[/IMG][/U] [U]American Elemental[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Main Eventer [U]Status:[/U] ASW Heavyweight Title holder, no defenses. 4-0 record with company. [U]Notes:[/U] Person we want to build around...if we can somehow convince him to stick around...should most likely plan on him returning to Japan or getting picked up by SWF or TCW if either company gets out of their current funk. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/AshCampbell.jpg[/IMG] [U]Ash Campbell[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Upper Midcarder [U]Status:[/U] Set to debut at the July show. We'll see how that goes before deciding if we'll work him into a full blown storyline. [U]Notes:[/U] Really think the sky is the limit with this kid. Hopefully he puts on a good first showing with Newton and we can quickly elevate him into a main event level feud. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/LittleBillLebowski.jpg[/IMG] [U]Bill Lewbowski[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Upper Midcarder [U]Status:[/U] 0-3 record with company and I don't see that improving. [U]Notes:[/U] Bill is not really the exciting type of worker we want to build our company around. Although he does work cheap and for now we can use him to get our rising stars over. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/BulldozerBrandonSmith_alt.jpg[/IMG] [U]Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Main Eventer [U]Status:[/U] Number one contender for Heavyweight title, set to face champion at August show. [U]Notes:[/U] BIG and BIGGER! That's the only to describe both his size and his potential. The buzz surrounding his upcoming match is building nicely and hopefully we'll soon be able to afford his $700 per fee! [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/Buttercup.jpg[/IMG] [U]Buttercup[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Manager/Road Agent [U]Status:[/U] On screen manager for Cal Sanders and Kashmir Singh. Off screen road agent for all our matches and just generally keeping the backstage chaos under control. [U]Notes:[/U] Jen really is the glue that holds our shows together and I'm looking forward to her growing with our company in her on screen role as eventually we'll hopefully be able to bring in someone with a little more experience as a road agent. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/CalSanders.jpg[/IMG] [U]Cal Sanders[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Midcarder [U]Status:[/U] Former All American Title Holder and a contender to possibly win it back at some point. [U]Notes:[/U] I like Cal because he's a solid if unspectacular worker. He's really working out well with Buttercup helping him with interviews and during matches but I think the ceiling might be somewhere below main event for Cal, but I'd love to see him prove me wrong. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/DavisWayneNewton.jpg[/IMG] [U]Davis Wayne Newton[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Midcarder [U]Status:[/U] Defending All American Champion and an almost sure lock to be one of our biggest names soon. I'm not sure how much longer he'll hold the AA title as he should be contending for the main title in a few months. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/DazzlingDaveDiamond.jpg[/IMG] [U]Dazzling Dave Diamond[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Main Eventer [U]Status:[/U] Former ASW Heavyweight Champion now out of the running for another shot. [U]Notes:[/U] While I appreciate Dave's efforts as our first champion I'm afraid that he's another person that just doesn't fit our company image. While I'd like to keep him at least as an outside hopeful to the title, I think mainly he'll be putting over our rising stars. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/JeremyJazz.jpg[/IMG] [U]Jeremy Jazz[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Midcarder [U]Status:[/U] Possible contender for AA title. [U]Notes:[/U] Jeremy has impressed in the little bit of time we've given him to work. Although I don't see him getting a sustained push in the near future, I'd like to see him get some more work and keep developing. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/KashmirSingh.jpg[/IMG] [U]Kashmir Singh[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Upper Midcarder [U]Status:[/U] A few good matches away from becoming a contender for main title. [U]Notes:[/U] Kashmir is a great guy to have around and is a nice influence on the other workers. He can carry a match well and can make others look good. Buttercup is helping him with interviews and he's another youngster that's not quite ready yet but should be with some more work. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/K-Squared.jpg[/IMG] [U]K-Squared[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Upper Midcarder [U]Status:[/U] Solid Upper Midcarder not in running for title. [U]Notes:[/U] I like that you have a small storyline running with him and look forward to seeing you two face off at the July show. He's rough, but he's got potential. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/MarkSmart.jpg[/IMG] [U]Mark Smart[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Upper Midcarder [U]Status:[/U] Middle of the road and not in running for any titles. [U]Notes:[/U] Mark needs more ring work and needs to better establish a character before he gets any serious consideration. Working with you and K-Squared will be a big help. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/RoderickRemus.jpg[/IMG] [U]Roderick Remus[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Main Eventer [U]Status:[/U] Solid main eventer who is possibly in line to be champion in the next few months. [U]Notes:[/U] While Roderick hasn't taken off quite as fast as I had hoped initially, he's still young and looks to be the real thing. Hopefully we can groom him for a decent title run toward the end of the year. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/StretchTheChickenBoy.jpg[/IMG] [U]Stretch The Chicken Boy[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Upper Midcarder [U]Status:[/U] Number one contender for AA title and solid upper card worker. [U]Notes:[/U] Stretch has been one of more reliable workers and seems to have taught you a thing or two on mat work. I like more than even before he started and am looking forward to seeing him grow with the company. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/TempestAppleby.jpg[/IMG] [U]Tempest Appleby[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Upper Midcarder [U]Status:[/U] Recently promoted to current level so not in line for any immediate title shots. [U]Notes:[/U] Tempest has got the skills we just need to get him the ring experience to grow into his character and then get him ready for the main event. [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/ThomasMorgan.jpg[/IMG] [U]Thomas Morgan[/U] [U]Push:[/U] Lower Midcarder [U]Status:[/U] Bottom of the food chain until he can develop a better in-ring character. [U]Notes:[/U] Thomas is another solid worker who can make others look good. Hopefully he can put on a good match with Tempest at the July show and then we'll decide from there what his future looks like. [/QUOTE][/U] He saw that Dad just briefly mentioned their ref Oz Lord saying competent...for now. Also Terry Smith the announcer just had a note that said "Temporary fix" and nothing else, so it looked like his Dad was thinking of others eventually for those roles, which Rich agreed with, but that was a ways off. Rich looked over his Dad's notes again and decided he agreed with everything he had written. Looking at the current roster Rich imagined seeing a main event featuring Newton, Campbell and Smith...all workers that had gotten their first big break with ASW...and he smiled. He chuckled when he re-read over the notes about K-Squared and realized just how good it felt that he was back wrestling on a semi-active basis. He certainly knew that he probably would never be at a point where he would get himself involved in a major storyline for the show, instead he planned to do his best to make the others look good on their way to glory. Rich decided he should get to bed early tonight...he had a match to get ready for in a week...and he didn't want to disappoint the fans. [B][I][U]Coming up next: ASW Patriot's Day. Just how big a crowd will the little one hour show attract? Can ASW actually not lose money for a month? Stay tuned![/U][/I][/B]

ASW Patriot's Day [LEFT][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/angrygeek.jpg[/IMG][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][I][U]Stanley Ply's Wrestling Reviews[/U][/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Hey everyone! It's time once again for my weekly review and this week I'll be taking another look at Boston based All Star Wrestling. Even though the hype for this show was lukewarm I decided that I would watch another show. I mean for $3.00 you can't really do much else on a Saturday night. So with low expectations and even lower standards...Here's Stanley's review..."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][I][U]Saturday July 7, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Live from Biker's Paradise (being broadcast over the Internet)[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]ASW Patriot's Day[/U][/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Pre-Show (Or No-Show as was the case this month)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]As usual I arrive an hour early to the show so I can get the perfect seat. I forgot that this wasn't a movie theatre and I also forgot that this month there were no pre-show matches scheduled. So I took the time to continue work on my Thesis on why Kirk is better than Picard.[/LEFT] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT][B]Main Show[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]The show kicked off with Davis Wayne Newton coming down to the ring telling everyone that he was impressed that management only took a couple months to realize that he should be headlining shows. He proudly tapped the All American Title on his shoulder as the crowd booed him.[/LEFT] [LEFT]The boos quickly turned to cheers as Ash Campbell came out onto the ramp.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Newton, this show has nothing to do with you headlining...beside we all know that the people came out to see me! This show is about breakin' all the rules that 'the man' tries to put on us. Tonight I'm gonna show these people and espeically you Newton, that no one can define me, no one can control me, and no one can stop me." [/I][B](E+) (better promo than you'd expect from these two)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT]After Newton left the ring K-Squared was announced as one of the competitors for the opening match. He rolled into the ring and told the crowd something about how he couldn't wait to get his hands on Rick Arquitte tonight. He might have said something else but I my blackberry buzzed with a message from my sci-fi club telling me that there's the possiblity of a rumor that there might be a Half Life movie made. [B](E-) (Although I didn't hear most of it, the bits I did hear weren't that great)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]1st Match[/U][/B] [B][U]K-Squared vs. Rick Arquitte[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Why is Rick Arquitte working a match that's not before the main show? Because he's become surprisingly average over the past few months. I was actually impressed with both men as they put on a match that was just above the throwing rotten fruit at the ring stage. The match was brief but exciting and just as Rick seemed to be taking control of the match K pulled a set of brass knucks out of his trunks and nailed his head-locked opponent with them.[/LEFT] [LEFT]He tossed them out of the ring as the ref checked to make sure Rick was O.K. and then made the very easy cover for the victory. [/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Winner: K-Squared hits a Brass Knuckles shot. (E) (What more could you expect from an opening match or from these two workers?)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]After Rick was helped to the back, Thomas Morgan came out in anticipation of his upcoming match. The stale generic guitar music played until he rolled in the ring.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Yeah! Are you ready to rock Boston? Are you ready to roll? Because tonight I'm going to shred and wail away on Tempest. They'll be no need for an encore performance because after I'm done with him, he'll be wasted! [/I][B](E-) (Rock on? More like Thomas sucks on the mic)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]2nd Match [/U][/B] [B][U]Tempest Appleby vs. Thomas Morgan[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Tell me why I should have cared about this match? All of the smart internet fans know that Thomas Morgan is nothing more than the ASW whippnig boy right now so even though both of these guys really worked well together, everyone knew the winner ahead of time.[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Winner: Tempest Appleby with a small package at the 12:23 mark. (E-) (O.K. maybe I grade harsh but I will say that I'd like to see them wrestle again and have it be less predictable)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]Now we getting the stuff that everyone wanted to see! Ash Campbell came out to a rousing round of applause as everyone was anticipating history (by the way my ticket stub will be on EBay the second Ash is signed up by DAVE, TCW or SWF). Ash ran down to the ring and slid in under the bottom rope. He acknowleged all four sides of the audience and then got tossed a microphone.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Can you feel it in the air? Feel the changing of the guard? Tonight marks the beginning of a revolution, tonight I'm going to show everyone that the new age of wrestling is here when I take the All American title off of Newton! I won't be stopped!" [/I][B](E+) (While he needs work, he's got more natural charisma than Dianna Troy and the intensity of a Wookie)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]As Ash paced the ring waiting for his opponent, Davis Wayne Newton came out onto the ramp.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Ahh, Campbell, look at you? With your funny little goatee, and your rousing little speech. Don't you get it, you're not the next great thing...I am! And I've got the gold to prove it! Tonight will be another great defense for me...The Triple Threat." [/I][B](E) (Probably would have been higher if Ash hadn't talked first)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]3rd Match[/U][/B] [B][U]Ash Campbell vs. Davis Wayne Newton[/U][/B] [B][U]All American Championship Title Match[/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Holy smokes! These two came to wrestle! For 20 minutes they went back and forth and put on an aeiral display the likes that the independant wrestling scene thirst for! I think everyone here forgot that this was Ash Campbell's debut match and only Davis Wayne Newton's third professional match.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Although Ash was breathing hard and had to rest a few times, he had Newton set up in the corner for some big move but Newton rolled out of the ring before he could start running at him. The champion immediatly ran to the announce table and grabbed the title belt then headed back into the ring. He got to his feet and just laid out Ash with a shot to the head, forcing the ref for call for the bell.[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Winner: Ash Campbell by DQ at 20:09. Newton retains the title. (D-) (This was by far one of the best matches that ASW has ever put on!)[/B][/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT]After Campbell groggily rolled out of the ring, Newton called out to him as he pointed to the title belt and then to himself. Campbell held his head as he walked up the ramp but turned and gave an intense look at Newton who continued to taunt him with the belt. [B](E) (Ehh...I would have liked to see Ash go back in and kick his ass but perhaps we'll see that next month!)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B]END OF SHOW[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT] [B]SHOW RECAP[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]For my fans with an IQ lower than a bulkhead, here's the quick match results.[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]K-Squared [/B]defeated Rick Arquitte after clobering him with a set of brass knuckles.[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Tempest Appleby [/B]put away Thomas Morgan with a school boy pin.[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Ash Campbell [/B]won by DQ after Newton beaned him with the title belt.[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]OVERALL SHOW: E+[/B] [B]ATTENDANCE: 67[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]I was surprised when I got the final headcount as this was over twice as many who showed up at the June show...and this one didn't have any of the really big names in it. So while ASW has a ways to go this was easily one of best shows they've ever put on. The only bad thing is now we have to wait 6 weeks for August's Critical Mass. Bummer.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Thanks for visiting my website and remember that pop-up ads are your friends![/LEFT] [LEFT][B][I][U]Coming up next:[/U] Show reactions (a global edition :)) Planning for August and maybe (just maybe) ASW can eek out a tiny profit (but probably not).[/I][/B][/LEFT]

Awwww man, Cal got screwed more than Norcross ever did! (I promise lots more WEF references to bump and boost you, and I'm sure some ditzy blonde will be along at some point.) When you're a bit larger I demand a Mario Heroic/Rick Arquitte/Buttercup love triangle storyline. It writes itself! Don't overuse Stanley Ply, he's good for a snarkish commentary now and again, but I don't want this to become the Ply Show. Especially if Ply doesn't know it's Deanna Troi. Besides Lwaxana Troi was the real power in that family. Ugh on the mini-card's three weak endings to the matches. Tempest needs a finisher. While I'm at it, Bulldozer needs something more than a belly-to-belly ala Shane Douglas or Scott Steiner. Just saying. Push K-Squared. And continue to give all the characters actual characters. More than just Rick, his dad and Buttercup. Needs more Dave Diamond (he SO could have been the Sherlock Shawn Stylez for this fed... and still could be.) American Elemental vs. Stretch... ya know ya wanna!

[quote=Beeker;203018]Awwww man, Cal got screwed more than Norcross ever did! (I promise lots more WEF references to bump and boost you, and I'm sure some ditzy blonde will be along at some point.) When you're a bit larger I demand a Mario Heroic/Rick Arquitte/Buttercup love triangle storyline. It writes itself! Don't overuse Stanley Ply, he's good for a snarkish commentary now and again, but I don't want this to become the Ply Show. Especially if Ply doesn't know it's Deanna Troi. Besides Lwaxana Troi was the real power in that family. Ugh on the mini-card's three weak endings to the matches. Tempest needs a finisher. While I'm at it, Bulldozer needs something more than a belly-to-belly ala Shane Douglas or Scott Steiner. Just saying. Push K-Squared. And continue to give all the characters actual characters. More than just Rick, his dad and Buttercup. Needs more Dave Diamond (he SO could have been the Sherlock Shawn Stylez for this fed... and still could be.) American Elemental vs. Stretch... ya know ya wanna![/quote] Hey Beeker, Thanks for the (creative) comments, always good to hear from you but especially when it's good advice. Cal had his nice little run as All American champ and I [I]sense[/I] that he may be back in the running soon as it appears that Newton will very soon outgrow the midcard ranks. The Mario/Rick/Buttercup thing...yeah, as soon as money issues are hanging over each show (it was so much simpler when I started a promotion with $50,000). I see what your saying about Stanley, I'll most likely go back to the usual write-ups soon and use Stanley to make between show comments. Just for now I thought he brought some much needed comedy to the diary. As far as finishers, Tempest and Bulldozer go...that was just me being creatively lazy. But actually I did think that since Bulldozer is just starting that it's logical he wouldn't have a "Trademark" finisher right off the bat and so would try out a few things first. I mean it's not like he's on TV every week...yet ;) I'm finding it harder to get the "characters" right so far, except for the 3 main ones. I'm sure that once the roster is settled we'll delve a bit more into their respective psyches. DDD...I'm rather stumped on him right now as his stamina really hinders my ability to put him in really great matches...but who knows, maybe he'll be the king of the 10 minute match! He's not going anywhere for awhile and he's still one of most affordable main eventers. American Elemental vs. Stretch...all in due time my friend. Thanks again for the critique...things are starting to take shape in ASW and it can only go up from here. Cheers!

Clowning Around [LEFT][B][U][I]Saturday July 14, 2007[/I][/U][/B] [U][B][I]Stop and Go Gas Station[/I][/B][/U] [U][B][I]Stanford, CT[/I][/B][/U][/LEFT] [LEFT]Rich was returning from a trip to New York City where he scouted some local talent that he had heard was good, but turned out to be a dud. On top of that the show was held in a bar that was even dingier than the Biker's Paradise bar in Boston and attracted even seedier clientel.[/LEFT] [LEFT]As he crossed into Conneticut he decided to fill up and grab a bite to eat and stopped at the first exit outside of Stanford. As he was grabbing some snacks for the trip he heard a radio show the clerk was listening to. Rich couldn't help but listen as the clerk had it up quite loud, and he realized that this must have been one of the cheesiest shows he'd ever heard.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I](Singing) "It's two clowns in the evening...(HONK HONK!) WSXE...Sexy!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I](A sort of high pitched typical clown voice that came off sounding like Barney) "Woooooah! Hey there children of all ages...ha ha! This is Hustler D (HONK HONK!) coming at ya like a rampaging elephant who just took much viagra....wowser!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Oh so that must make me the deranged ringleader who left the viagra out. (a much huskier voice sort of like a...umm...chain smoking clown I guess) I'm Joker the Pimp...and I didn't get that nickname because of my acne!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]Rich just shook his head and laughed as he went up to the counter. [I]"Man who are those guys?"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]The clerk gave him a surprised look and held up a binder he'd been doodling on. There was a bumper sticker promoting the radio show.[/LEFT] [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/JokerThePimp.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/_BlankBackground.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/HustlerD.jpg[/IMG] [CENTER]WSXE 103.5 [FONT=Comic Sans MS]The Crazy Midget Clown Klan[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Evenings from 11:00pm-2:00am[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Bad things come in small packages[/FONT][/CENTER] [/quote] [/CENTER] [LEFT][I]"You've never heard of these guys? Man they're late night legends around here." [/I]The clerk gushed as he started to ring up Rich's purchase.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Rich just shook his head but continued to listen to the show.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"So HD...you know that I'm a wrestling fan? Well last night..."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"You wrestled with your mother? So what else is new?"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Funny little man..besides your mother keeps me plenty busy. Now while normally I would watch our local wrestling scene, you know the New York City Coma Wrestling, but I thought instead of me falling asleep why not tune into something else?"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"You mean like American XXX? Oh man I love that channel..."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"No no, you stupid little clown...and besides that station went off the air like 5 years ago, get with the times. I mean I decided to go on the internet and check out some other action."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"I like where this is going!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"(Sigh) So low and behold I come across this picture of your sister....but then I found what I was really looking for. There's this new company called All Star Wrestling in Boston and they put their show on for free on the net. And I've got to say it wasn't half bad..."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"So it wasn't half good then either...kinda like this girl I picked up the other night..."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Yeah, I'm sure you picked her up...why did you have your checkbook out earlier tonight? But yeah so ASW put on a pretty good show. I'll probably be checking them out next month."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Speaking of checking things out...the new intern we have in here...."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]Rich was staring at the radio with a shocked look on your face.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Man you haven't heard these guys before have you? They're actually pretty tame tonight. I mean one time they had these 3 women and a...I don't know I guess a guy who ran a golf club company..."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"How much do I owe you?" [/I]Rich cut him off before he could continue.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"Oh...6.85 man."[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT]Rich handed him his money and then walked out to his car. He sat there dumbfounded for a bit. A New York city radio station had just mentioned his show. Granted it was two demented clowns and it was 1:30am but hey, it was still word of mouth. Maybe the fans of the show would start checking out the website some more.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Rich pulled back out onto the interstate trying not to imagine the ending to the story the clerk was about to tell him.[/LEFT] [LEFT][B][U]Coming Up Next:[/U] The July financial report and the hype for the big August Critical Mass show. [/B][/LEFT]

July's Calm Before the Storm [B][I][U]Friday July 27, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]ASW Main Office[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Quincy, MA[/U][/I][/B] Rich and his Dad were sitting in front of his computer. James had started smoking in the office which annoyed Rich to no end but, technically it was his Dad's office (since he was paying for it) so he didn't say anything aside from coughing once in awhile and waving the smoke away from him...which James paid little mind to. [I]"O.K., pull up the numbers again for this month." [/I]James said with his cigarette hanging out the side of his mouth as he shuffled some papers he was holding in his hand. Rich made a couple of mouse clicks and brought up the spreadsheet. [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Numbers For July:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Starting Money: 5,775[/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=3][FONT=Courier New]Ticket Sales: +205[/FONT][/SIZE] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Sponsors: +2,532[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Merchandise: +52 [/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Workers: -1600[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Show costs (Marketing, Admin, Legal, Location):-1300 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Merchendising: -190[/SIZE][/FONT] [LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]Ending Money: 5,470(-305 for month)[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT]Rich leaned back in his chair while James digested the numbers yet again. They both knew what the numbers meant, or at least suggested, that they could run a bare-bones show and still put on one of the best yet. Maybe they didn't need American Elemental or Brandon Smith on their shows, it was possible to use their unknown talent to put on a good show.[/LEFT] [LEFT]On the other hand, Rich knew that ASW was on the brink of really catching on in the New England region. The attendance at the July show proved that...and he was sure that the sponsors couldn't continue to blow off his requests for more money that much longer. They just needed to hang on for a couple more months. Which left them to decide if August would be another big blow-out show with the "big" names or another July show.[/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"We've promised people two title matches, that just wouldn't sit well if we didn't deliver." [/I]James finally decided. Rich knew better than to argue and besides he also had come to the same conclusion; if they pulled matches that were allready announced they might lose the fans they had worked so hard to build up these last few months.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Rich pulled up the poster for the August show and let James look it over.[/LEFT] [quote] [CENTER][SIZE=4][FONT=Century Gothic][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][B]SATURDAY AUGUST 18, 2007[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=4][FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][B]ALL STAR WRESTLING[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][B]PRESENTS[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=5][I][B]ASW CRITICAL MASS[/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][B]THE NEW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION DEFENDS HIS TITLE AGAINST THE #1 CONTENDER[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/AmericanElemental.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/VS.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/BulldozerBrandonSmith_alt.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][B]AMERICAN ELEMENTAL TAKES ON "BULLDOZER" BRANDON SMITH[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5][B]THE TRIPLE THREAT DEFENDS HIS ALL AMERICAN TITLE AGAINST THE CHICKEN BOY[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/DavisWayneNewton.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/VS.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/StretchTheChickenBoy.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][B]DAVIS WAYNE NEWTON TRIES TO RETAIN AGAINST STRETCH THE CHICKEN BOY[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][B]ALSO SCHEDULED:[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][B]TAG TEAM ACTION[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][B]K-MART VS. RICK ARQUITTE AND THOMAS MORGAN[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][B]COME SEE WHAT ASW IS ALL ABOUT[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][B]BIKER'S PARADISE BAR[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][B]TICKETS STILL JUST $3.00[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [/FONT][/SIZE][/quote][SIZE=4][FONT=Century Gothic] [LEFT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]James looked up from his papers and thoughtfully glanced over the poster. [I]"We're going to lose more money this month...I sure hope those sponsors come through soon. You said they were talking about on a radio station in New York?"[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][I]"Well, yeah. I mean it was after midnight and it was two clowns obsessed with...umm...well...strange things. But they said they saw our internet show and liked it. They didn't get to say the web address but hopefully people can figure it out." [/I]Rich said as he printed off the poster.[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]James stood up and started packing up his things. [I]"So what's going on with you and Jen?"[/I] He asked suddenly, jolting Rich with the bluntness of it.[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Rich honestly didn't know how to answer. Things had settled down since the infamous kiss a couple months ago and the two of them had never talked about it again. In fact, Jen really didn't talk about much of anything except business now. She [I]never[/I] mentioned her fiance, or the wedding plans, which was probably a good thing. [I]"There's nothing going on Dad. She's the company road agent and I'm the head booker, I think it's best if things are left at that."[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][I][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]"I see...well, I never understood why you two broke up in the first place, but I guess that's none of my business. Maybe you should try talking to her Rich...sometimes women can be...hmm...difficult I suppose is the best word for it. Well, I'll talk to you on Monday."[/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]And before Rich could reply, James was gone out the door, leaving him to ponder just what the hell he meant by all of that. Then, because somebody up-stairs must really like messing with his head, the phone rang and between the sobs and tears Rich could barely make out that it was Jen's voice.[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][I][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]"Rich......I......need to......talk to......you. Can you meet me at Bad Abbots?"[/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]"Well sure I guess..."[/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]"Great, thanks." CLICK[/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Rich stared at the phone before setting it back down on it's cradle. It looked like it was going to be another long Friday night.[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][U]Coming up:[/U] ASW Critical Mass. Can the young company survive as money gets dangerously low? Will attendance keep going up at shows? And what's going on with Jen? Stay tuned![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

Getting To The Heart Of The Matter [B][I][U]Saturday July 28, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Rich DuVall's Apartment[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Quincy, MA[/U][/I][/B] The pounding in his head was all consuming and it took a determined effort to open his eyes. Although as soon as he did he regretted it as the room began to spin and a wave of nausea passed over him. Quickly closing his eyes and trying to calm himself, Rich started to take stock of his situation. He had a killer headache, felt sick to his stomach and apparently something had crawled into his mouth, reproduced, and then died. Again he tried to open his eyes and he focused on a picture he had hanging on the wall to maintain his equilibrium. As he stared at the picture, a shot of him and two other men who had once broadcast his old PCW shows on the college radio station at ASU, he chuckled thinking back to someone else he knew at the time. Jen was, and still is, the love of his life and he had never really forgiven himself for getting into a stupid argument with her that led to their break-up. [I]"Way to early to be thinking thoughts like that man" [/I]he thought out loud. Rubbing his face he stood up and stumbled into the bathroom and went in the shower. As the water washed over him he started to feel like something resembling a person and soon found himself humming while he washed up. He reached down and turned off the water while still humming along, genuinely feeling good about the day ahead. He had a stray thought wondering why he had gotten so trashed the night before but shook it off and opened the curtain.... ...and noticed the women in his bed. Rich quickly toweled off and threw on his sweat pants. He cursed himself as the night before started coming back to him, the phone call from a sobbing Jen, going over to Bad Abbots, her saying that she wasn't sure about her wedding plans with Mario...the 5 dollar chilled shots of Jeigermeister. But then what happened? He tried to remember as he quietly walked around the bed but realized that after midnight his memory was rather fuzzy but then as he got to the other side of the bed it all came back to him. Jen had tried to lean in and kiss him again...and he had returned it this time. He couldn't recall exactly what was said but then... [I]"Well good morning sunshine." [/I]Rich snapped out of his thoughts and looked down at...a women he had no idea what her name was. She sat up in the bed and stretched out while Rich put on his best smile; which wasn't that great this morning. [I]"Hi...umm...sleep well?" [/I]Rich frantically tried to remember what happened after his kiss with Jen. How did it go from almost getting back with her to... [I]"Yeah I did. Thanks for staying and helping me close last night." [/I]Of course he now realized that this was Mary the bartender. How many free shots she gave Rich the night before, he'd never know, but he realized that things would probably get a little weird after this. And he still couldn't remember what happened. [I]"You know Rich, I'm glad you came last night...I've needed someone to talk to, I mean about something other than what's on tap."[/I] [I]"I'm glad too...Mary. Sorry it...took so long." [/I]Rich said before he realized what he was saying. While he had to admit that Mary was pretty easy on the eyes, he couldn't see this being a fulfilling relationship...considering how it started. And he still couldn't remember what the hell had happened. [I]"Took so long? How long did we talk last night?" [/I]Mary asked with a puzzled look on her face. For the first time Rich realized that Mary was fully clothed and there were no tell-tale signs of any extra curricular activities the night before. [I]"Well I guess we both had things to get off our chest huh? You're a sweet guy Rich, I hope that you and your lady friend can work things out. Sorry to run but I've got to get to my step class this morning...otherwise I might not get any tips tonight at the bar." [/I]She chuckled as she started putting on her shoes. Rich breathed an internal sigh of relief as Mary got up and started walking to the door. [I]"So I'll see you tonight at the bar?" [/I] Rich chuckled. [I]"I might make an appearance I suppose." [/I] They both shared a laugh and she opened the door to leave. Only to run smack dab into Jen. There was an eerie moment of silence as everyone just froze and didn't make a sound, no one even breathed. [I]"I don't believe you! I come over her thinking that maybe the two of us could start over...and you've got this bar hoe here!" [/I]Jen started to sob and while Rich wanted to say something he found that he couldn't get any words out. Just as suddenly as she had appeared Jen turned and ran down the stairs and down the street. [I]"Oh oh. I hope I didn't get you in trouble." [/I]Mary said with her usual sense of humor. [I]"Look Mary I'm sorry about what she said..."[/I] [I]"Don't be sorry Rich. But you should go after her." [/I]She walked over and gave Rich a big hug. [I]"I'll understand if you don't come out tonight." [/I]Then she turned and walked down the stairs while Rich fumbled with his shoes to go chase after Jen. Despite his unimpressive running skills, he just missed Jen at the T station as she got onto a train that pulled out a couple of seconds later, leaving Rich alone on the platform. He slowly made his way back to the apartment and collapsed onto his bed. His last thought before he fell back asleep was that he wished he could remember what had happened...especially since he still had to work with Jen. Why didn't he just stay in last night? [B][U]Coming up: [/U]ASW Critical Mass! Is this the show that puts ASW on the map? [/B]

ASW Critical Mass [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/male4.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Rich's Notes[/U][/B] [B][/B] I realized the past couple of months that I was having a hard time recalling the details of shows so this month I decided I'd keep notes during the show on my palm pilot and then put them on my computer back home. Why I'm putting in this introduction that only I'll read, I'm not sure, but it's almost time for the show to start. [B][I][U]Saturday August 13, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Live from Biker's Paradise Bar (Broadcast over the Internet)[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]ASW Critical Mass[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][/I][/B] [B][U]Pre-Show[/U][/B] [B][/B] Since we've decided to go to an hour long show for awhile, the pre-show has become important, especially tonight as the tag team match with myself, my partner Thomas Morgan, and the team of K-Squared and Mark Smart wasn't able to be booked as long as I would have liked, so I decided to have two singles matches before the show to get everyone some more in ring time. First out, I figured I'd give Thomas and I a short promo to kick things off. We came down the ramp together but Thomas quickly ran out in front of me, "rocking out" with a couple of fans and exchanging high fives with a couple before sliding in the ring and playing a little air guitar. I took a much calmer approach to the ring, walking down and shaking hands with everyone by the ramp before I climbed up into the ring. [I]"You know it wasn't that long ago that I was just like all of you out there, coming to shows, cheering on my favorite wrestler, and wondering if I had what it takes to step into the squared circle. Over the past few months I've gotten to live my dream and tonight that dreams keeps on rolling as we get to face off against K-Smart."[/I] [I]"Rock on! The only thing I love more than shredding some licks on my guitar is shredding my opponents in the ring!" [/I][B](E-)[/B] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]1st Dark Match[/U][/B] [B][U]Rick Arquitte vs. Mark Smart[/U][/B] [B][/B] I told Mark before the show that I wanted to just go all out for 7 or 8 minutes and see what happens. I got more than I hoped for as we put on a decent opening match. I vainly decided to give myself my first in-ring victory hitting a flying forearm smash (the All Star Bash) and then making the pin for the victory. [B]Winner: Rick Arquitte hits the All Star Bash for the pin. (E+)[/B] [/LEFT] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]2nd Dark Match[/U][/B] [B][U]K-Squared vs. Thomas Morgan[/U][/B] [B][/B] Well, one out of two ain't bad. These two just didn't click at all together, making for an awkward match. Despite the best efforts of Terry and Dad at the announce table this match was a dud, but at least it was a dark match dud. K-Squared hit the K2 for the victory ending the misery. [B]Winner: K-Squared with the K2 for the pin fall victory. (F+)[/B] [/LEFT] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]Main Show[/U][/B] [B][/B] The show kicked off with our Heavyweight champion coming down to the ring to a nice ovation from the audience. Coming down the ramp he was surrounded by a fog (courtesy of dumping some dry ice and a fan in the back) making for an effective (and affordable) entrance effect. As he made his way into the ring he held up the title belt for everyone to see. [I]"I have ended the dark reign and now am the defender of truth and justice and the light. Tonight I face my first challenge and while I respect the power of my foe, I know that I cannot, must not, and will not allow the honor of this title to be tarnished as it was before. Tonight will be just the beginning of the path of the light."[/I] As he started to make his way back up the ramp, "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith came running down and laid out the champ with a hard clothesline. He kicked at Elemental's head while he was down and finally several people had to come out from the back to get him to stop. Elemental was helped to his feet and made his way wobbling to the back. [B](E+)[/B] [/LEFT] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT]K-Squared and Mark Smart made their way down the ring next in anticipation of the upcoming tag match. K-Squared looking pompous and arrogant, fluffing his hair as he walked; Mark Smart looking foolish in his "I date a princess in a galaxy far, far away" T-shirt. Both men got up into the ring and addressed the crowd. [I]"So tonight I have to face two men who are not worthy of facing me. Neither of them have the skill, ring presence, and defiantly not the looks that I do. And what the hell kind of name is Rick and Roll? It's a stupid name, isn't that a stupid name?"[/I] [I]"It sure is K. I mean..."[/I] [I]"Shut up Mark. So tonight, as I do every night, I'll show once again why I'm the best thing going. You see it's all simple mathmatics...Greatness equals K-Squared." [/I][B](E-)[/B] [/LEFT] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]1st Match[/U][/B] [B][U]K-Smart vs. Rick and Roll[/U][/B] [B][/B] Well, this could have been worse I suppose, but I had told the guys before the show that I wanted this tag match to just work the crowd up and to not try anything really fancy that might go wrong. I think this will be the first and last tag match for Rick and Roll as the two of us just didn't work well as a team. I'll not soon forget where not once, but twice I missed a tag. K-Squared came off looking strong though and carried most of the offense. I took the big shot when after missing a hot tag to Thomas (this time on purpose) he hit the K2 and made the pin. [B]Winner: K-Smart after K-Squared hits the K2 on Rick Arquitte. (E)[/B] [/LEFT] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT]The TV screens came on to show Davis Wayne Newton and ref Oz Lord talking about something. I had decided to give Oz a small bit part in something out of the ring tonight. Oz seems concerned at what Newton is telling him but he nods in agreement and walks off. [B](E)[/B] Newton smiles confidently as he picks up his title belt and places it on his shoulder. [I]"Tonight, it's all about who's number one, a Chicken Boy...or the Triple Threat. I don't think that anyone here doubts that it'll be me who you're all be talking about after the show. Let's face it, I'm the reason you come out to the shows, I'm the one who puts it all on the line...and I'm the one who's walking out of here tonight as the reigning All American Champion." [/I][B](E)[/B] [/LEFT] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT]Stretch The Chicken Boy starts to make his way down to the ring for his match, to a smattering of applause (apparently he's getting some fans here in Beantown despite his [I]evil [/I]ways). About halfway down the ramp he stops and starts talking...to himself. He nods a couple of times and then says he understands before continuing to the ring. [B](E-)[/B] [/LEFT] [CENTER]--------------------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER] [LEFT] [B][U]2nd Match[/U][/B] [B][U]Stretch the Chicken Boy vs. Davis Wayne Newton[/U][/B] [B][U]All American Championship Title Match[/U][/B] [B][/B] These two really put on a great show as both men had extended offensive runs. Stretch tried to keep things on the mat with a series of holds and stretches. Newton threw everything at the Chicken Boy mixing up an aerial assault with some hard rights and some holds of his own. After hitting The Highlight Reel (a spinning Savat Kick) he signaled to Oz and then made the cover. Oz made a quick count but Stretch was still able to kick out at the last second. Newton was furious and yelled at Oz, giving Stretch the chance to get back to his feet and mount a comeback. Just as he looked ready hit Poultry in Motion though Newton hit a thumb to the eye, which Oz somehow missed. Newton was on fire from that point and showcased his new finisher the Curtain Call, setting up Stretch in a sitting position, locking on a full nelson and flipping over him into an inverted bridge. Stretch tried to break the hold but finally had to tap out. [B]Winner: Davis Wayne Newton with the Curtain Call submission to retain the All American Title. (E+)[/B] [/LEFT] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT]"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith was out next in his full biker attire. After rolling into the ring and soaking up some loud boos he addressed the crowd. [I]"Yeah, boo all you want. You can hate me...it doesn't matter. I don't care if hold up signs about me, or make chants about me. All I care about is that tonight, I'm going to walk out of here as the new...ASW...Heavyweight...Champion. That belt's gonna look nice on the back of my bike...and if you don't like it...I don't care!" [/I][B](D-)[/B] [/LEFT] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT]As Smith took off his leathers in the ring, American Elemental stepped out to another nice ovation from the crowd. He was still a little woozy from the attack earlier but looked none-the-less determined. [I]"So Smith, you have shown just what kind of character you have. You are the darkness that goes against everything this title stands for, as the defender of this belt, I will not let you sully it's honor. Tonight you're going down the path of light...and I'm going to be your guide!" [/I][B](D-)[/B] [/LEFT] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT][B][U]3rd Match[/U][/B] [B][U]"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs. American Elemental[/U][/B] [B][U]ASW Heavyweight Championship Title Match[/U][/B] [B][/B] Sometimes the best laid plans just don't work out for reasons you'd never suspect. These two really lacked that "it" factor together in the ring and it really hurt this match, which should have blown the roof off but was just an above average match for us. Elemental really did a good job of making Smith look like a genuine powerhouse threat and spent most of the match receiving punishment and holding his already injured head. After Smith had hit a Military Press Slam where he held up the champion for almost 10 seconds, he made a motion like he was revving up a bike, signaling for his new finisher, The Full Throttle. Picking up his opponent and then Powerbomb him into the turnbuckle head first. The oohs in the audience were audible. Instead of going for the pin though Smith picked him up and started to choke him in the corner. Oz started a five count and got to four before he broke the hold. But Smith went right back to another choke hold and when Oz got in his face telling him to break the hold Smith pushed him down to the mat, sending Oz tumbling head over heels across the ring. Smith continued to choke Elemental as the ref got to his feet and called for the bell. He tried to get Smith to stop but was again sent tumbling away with a shove from the big man. [B]Winner: American Elemental when Smith is DQ'd for attacking the ref. (E+)[/B] [/LEFT] [CENTER]-------------------------------------------------------------------- [/CENTER] [LEFT]Smith wasn't finished though and continued to choke Elemental who lost his footing and slid down to a seated position. The crowd was upset at seeing their champion attacked like this and booed loudly even after Smith finally released the hold. He spit on Elemental just to add insult to his attack before rolling out of the ring. [B](E-) END OF BROADCAST[/B] [B][U]SHOW RECAP[/U][/B] [B][/B] [B][U]Pre-Show[/U][/B] [B][/B] [B]Rick Arquitte [/B]defeated Mark Smart [B]K-Squared [/B]defeated Thomas Morgan [B][U]Main Show[/U][/B] [B][/B] [B]K-Smart [/B]defeated Rick and Roll [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]defeated Stretch the Chicken Boy to retain the All American Title [B]American Elemental [/B]won by DQ after "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith attacked the ref to retain the ASW Heavyweight Championship Title [B][U]Overall Show:[/U] E+[/B] [B][U]Attendance:[/U] 71[/B] After wrapping up the show and congratulating everyone I made my way back to my apartment to load up my notes onto the computer. I decided to check out the forums on our website and was blown away as everyone was raving about the show. A few posters even said that they felt like this show elevated ASW above being merely just a local promotion. While I would have to wait to read the reviews from the larger websites, I was very pleased with the initial response. [B][U]Coming Up:[/U] Is ASW ready to become a "Small" company? Can they actually make a profit for the first time ever? Stay Tuned![/B][/LEFT]

Show Reactions Galore Random bits heard around the New England area in regards to ASW's recent success. [QUOTE] from[COLOR=black] [/COLOR][URL="http://www.newenglandwrestler.com/"][COLOR=black]www.newenglandwrestler.com[/COLOR][/URL] August 15, 2007 [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/ASWPoster.jpg[/IMG] All Star Wrestling began running shows back in January and at first were nothing more than something that a few local residents might catch at the Biker's Paradise Bar. However this company has quickly shown that they are not content with that and after putting on a series of some of the best independent scene wrestling the past few months they have separated themselves from all the wannabees. Featuring such rising stars as American Elemental, "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith and Dazzling Dave Diamond, ASW packs allot of punch into their one hour show. Featuring a good mix of action in the ring and entertainment outside of it, they have built up a steady fan base. Thanks to their free shows on the web, people around the world have heard of them, which will help when they decide to leave the comfy confines of Boston. It's going to be exciting to see how ASW steps up now that the word is out on what to expect from them. Also will be interesting to see if they can start drawing fans away from their closest wrestling rival NYCW, as fans in New York clamoring for wrestling with an up-tempo modern feel now have a viable promotion to watch. We'll be keeping tabs on ASW and see how they handle their sauces and what to expect on their next show. [/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/angrygeek.jpg[/IMG] [B][U]Stanley's Spiel[/U][/B] [B][/B] First off I wanted to thank everyone who helped Stanley Sci-Fi Con '07 to be as successful as it was. Next year I hope to get enough people to move the show out of my basement and maybe into my garage. Now, onto my other favorite topic; wrestling. As you all know I've got special access to a certain fast-rising company that allows me to get front-row seats at all their events. That company of course being ASW, who recently put on a show that definitely didn't suck. "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith has got to be one of the best new workers to come out in quite awhile and he's tearing up the ASW roster. Sure he got DQ'd during his title match but it's only a matter of time before he's wearing gold. I also can't get enough of Davis Wayne Newton, another rookie who's making a name for himself in ASW (although there's rumors of him also signing with 4C in Canada) and is a name to remember. I no longer feel like watching one of ASW's shows on Saturday night is wasting precious time I could be spending on my blog or making the next great youtube video. Sure in the big picture the company still sucks, but where else can I see some passably good wrestling for under $5? [/QUOTE] [B][QUOTE] [B]Heard on the Crazy Midget Clown Klan radio show[/B] [B]New York City[/B] [IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/JokerThePimp.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/_BlankBackground.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/HustlerD.jpg[/IMG] [I]"So Joker I know you were talking some other wrestling show awhile ago..."[/I] [I]"Yeah, All Star Wrestling. They put on a good show this month...although it was a major sausage fest...not a single girl to be found anywhere in the show!"[/I] [I]"I thought that's what you liked...I mean, I've checked the history on your browser. You naughty little clown you."[/I] [I]"Yeah, well at least all the sites I visit are legal! Unless Congress passed a law that says they recognize a marriage between a man and his..."[/I] [I]"Woah! Hold on there Joker! We've got a phone call...go ahead caller your on with the Crazy Midget Clown Klan."[/I] [I]"Yeah, first off I want to say that your show sucks!"[/I] [I]"Why thank you."[/I] [I]"Whatever, secondly I just wanted to thank Joker for mentioning ASW...they don't suck. Well at least not as much as NYCW sucks! Nothing like a bunch of old men sweating on each other as they try to wrestle around in a ring."[/I] [I]"Sounds like a typical Hustler D date to me (honk honk)."[/I] [/QUOTE] [/B]

The Big (Small) Time [B][I][U]September 1, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Rockbottom Restaurant[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Boston, MA[/U][/I][/B] Rich sat in the large over sized corner booth tapping away at his laptop as he tried to finish off the financials for August before his Father met him there. Rich had wanted to met face-to-face this month because things had changed from last month...ASW was really a legitimate business now. Rich allowed himself to pause and contemplate on that last thought. He didn't mean to infer that the earlier part of the year that ASW wasn't for real, it's just that now, with the added popularity and more notice being taken, he knew that things would never be the same. But that's life, he supposed, especially business life, the price of success is more responsibility in order to continue that success. Rich went back to work and finished the spreadsheet not a moment to soon. Just as he was saving it his Dad walked in and sat down on the other side of the table. "Rich how are you today? Oh, a dry martini please." James said as a waitress walked up to the table behind him. Rich just gave him an "I'm all set" nod before he walked away. "I'm good Dad. Really good actually. I've got the numbers here for you," Rich said as he slid the laptop over so his Dad could look at the screen. [quote] [SIZE=4][FONT=System][FONT=System][SIZE=4]Numbers For August:[/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=4][FONT=System]Starting Money: 5,470[/FONT][/SIZE] [FONT=System][SIZE=4]Ticket Sales: +213[/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=4][FONT=System]Sponsors: +4,860[/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][FONT=System]Merchandise: +645 [/FONT][/SIZE] [LEFT][FONT=System][SIZE=4]Workers: -2650[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [FONT=System][SIZE=4]Show costs (Marketing, Admin, Legal, Location):-1900 [/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=4][FONT=System]Merchandising: -790[/FONT][/SIZE] [LEFT][FONT=System][SIZE=4]Ending Money: 5,848(+378 for month)[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [/FONT][/SIZE][/quote] "Why was the merchandising costs so high?" James said as he slid the computer back over to Rich. Rich just stared at his father for a moment, not believing that after 8 months in business and finally having their first profitable month, the first question out his Dad's (and his boss') mouth was something negative. "It's because we had to pay a little extra to our website provider due to so many people tuning into see it. Also we ran out of T-shirts and had to have an extra order placed at the last minute, I mean we sold almost 4 times as much as we ever have in a month. But I've told our merch people that we're going to a just-in-time set-up which should make sure we never run into that problem again. Yes I know it'll be a little more expensive up front, but it'll be worth it to not have to worry about those last minute costly orders." James seemed to be chewing on that information when his martini arrived. "So can I get you guys anything else?" The waitress asked politely. Rich absently flipped open the menu and just shouted out the first thing he saw that he remotely thought sounded good; a burger in this case. James said he wasn't hungry and then the two were alone again. "I got a phone call from Rip yesterday," James finally said after a moment of silence. "He says he's been training up somebody we should take a look at." "Rip? Oh Chord. If he's training somebody why doesn't he just use him in his own promotion?" Rich said after coming to the conclusion that the earlier sentiments he had about celebrating the company's latest success were not going to be shared by his Father. "I don't know and frankly I don't care. We need another worker on the roster to round things out. We've got allot more eyes on us now, and I think another capable upper midcarder is just what we need. I guess maybe Rip doesn't have a spot for him, although he did say that if we wanted to do another talent trade that he'd be open to that." "So who is this capable upper midcarder?" Rich said as he sipped on his dark lager. James pulled out a folder and passed it over to Rich. He opened it up to see the portfolio for their newest possible addition. [SIZE=4][FONT=System][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/CaseyValentine.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][FONT=System][FONT=System]Casey Valentine[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=System] [/FONT] Rich had heard of the family name, and frankly if he came from where he thought, he wasn't impressed. "Is this guy related..." "Yeah, this is Peter's nephew. Rip's been training him as a favor and if nothing else I think his name will bring in some more attention to our company. Think about it, we've Nemesis' son and Peter Valentine's nephew facing off in the ring? That's gonna make people either come to our show and check it out on our website." Rich couldn't argue with the logic, and he actually needed someone for Ash to face at the next show. The wheels began to turn and he had almost forgotten to mention the other bit of news. "Oh, well, I guess it's not necessary now but I received a call from one of the workers at 4C who said he was interested in working for us. I guess Terry has been putting in a good word for us. He's a good solid worker and...well he's cheaper than I'm sure Casey's going to be. He goes by the ring name Phenomenal E, you heard of him?" "Yes, yes, I follow most of the North American promotions to get an idea of what our competition is doing. That's fine, bring him on board as well. Actually Terry just informed me over a couple of days ago that he likes the direction we're going in and feels that 4C is getting a little stagnant. He said if it ever came down to it, he would work for us over 4C." James said with a smirk as he tip another large swallow of his martini. "That's great! We're really moving on up Dad. Although I'm still waiting for that de-luxe apartment in the sky," he joked as he too took a big gulp of his drink. "All in due time son, all in due time. Well, I've got to get going. Let me know what you've got planned for our September show by the middle of next week," James said as he stood up and threw a $20 down on the table. "Oh," Rich said surprised at the sudden departure. "O.K. I'll talk to you on Monday," he was barely able to get out before his Dad was on his way out the door. Rich turned back to the folder he had left and began to read up on Casey Valentine waiting for his food. He looked up as he heard someone approaching and recoiled a bit when he saw that it wasn't the waitress but it was Jen. She seemed equally shocked as she frantically looked around. "What are you doing here?" She asked with a not so subtle hint of disdain in her voice. Rich stood up, always the gentlemen, and tried to hide how uncomfortable he was after having not spoken to her since the morning she had come over to his apartment. "I was just having a...err...business lunch I guess with Dad. What are you doing here?" He asked a little too harshly. "Your Dad told me to met him here at exactly 12:15...he said...oh man, he set us up," she said as a little of the hostility flew from his voice. She started to crack a smile and then chuckled a little. Rich joined in, it feeling good to laugh, and the two sat down at the table. "Dad, always surprising me. Look Jen about that morning..." he started to say before Jen cut him off by putting her hands on top of his. "You don't have to explain anything...I talked to Mary yesterday and she told me what happened, not that it's any of business, but I had to know." There was an awkward silence until somewhere on the other side of the restaurant someone dropped a plate. "I...I'm glad that's over. So where does that leave us?" He asked hesitantly. "Look I know I dumped allot on you the other night. I don't know what's going on with Mario...he won't return my calls, I don't know if we're still together or not. But right now I just need a friend Rich." She said with a look of sincerity that almost floored Rich. Rich smiled back at her and any bad feeling he had about her left in that instant. "Jen, I'll always be your friend." [SIZE=4][B][U]Coming up:[/U] Hype for the September Labor of Love show, the 2 new ASW stars make their first appearance, and Rich and James see if they can keep the good times rolling with their new found success. Stay tuned.[/B][/SIZE]

Heh. That's not what I wanted to cut-n-paste. Silly GDS doing odd things to my quick response. Curse you Quick Reply! Congrats on the bump from local to small. Biker Bar beware! I miss the label of backyard for obvious reasons but local makes more sense. That's a good finisher for the Bulldozer. I was thinking over the shoulder three step powerslam, but the powerbomb is simple to do. And doing it into the turnbuckles would look good too. Triple Threat with a good new finisher too. Go Stretch! Dammit. You need to work in the Poultry Gullet Stretch with Stretch (abdominal stretch.) I'm digging the Manly Soap Opera antics of Buttercup and Arquitte and if it leads to Heroic bringing in a Cornellverse version of the lWo or LAX I'm all for it! Campbell/Valentine. I'm rooting for Valentine. And Dazzling Dave will rise again! Curse that overrated American Elemental.

Changing of the Old Guard [B][I][U]Monday September 3, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]ASW Main Office[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Quincy, MA[/U][/I][/B] Rich leaned back in his chair and shook his head, signifying he either didn't understand or couldn't comprehend what he had just heard. Across from his desk Dave Diamond sat with a firm set to his jaw. "Don't look at me like that Rich. I'm the one who's carried this company from the beginning! I'm the one who drew in the crowds...don't forget I'm the very first champion this company ever had! If it wasn't for me..." Rich cut him off before he could really get going. "Dave nobody is questioning what you've done for this company. I'm very grateful for the time and effort you've put in here. But Dave I've got to be honest...your demands for this new contract are just out of our league right now. I mean, I'm glad that we were able to get you on a couple of USPW's TV shows and that a whole lot of people now know who you are...but at this time we can't afford what your asking." Dave pondered that for only a moment. "Well then I guess it's been fun Rich. I'm sure you'll hear about me again, I'm already in talks with Rip Chord to start working some MAW shows. I guess he's got a little more vision to see when he's got a true superstar in front of him." "Dave, I'm sure you'll go far and I'm sorry that you can't stay with us. It's genuinely been a pleasure working with you and I know that there's going to be some fans that are really disappointed to see you go. This sort of changes my plans for the show this weekend, but I'm glad we'll be able to have you on once last show." Rich stood up and walked around his desk to shake Dave's hand. The two shared an awkward moment of silence and then Dave picked up his coat and was gone. Letting out a big sigh Rich went back to his computer and took out his notepad where he kept his thoughts jotted down for upcoming shows. He guessed that time had really flown by as everyone on his roster had signed a nine month contract...and here we were in September. This meeting was only going to be the start of it. As if on cue a reminder popped up on his computer letting him know that Roderick Remus was scheduled to stop by today to discuss his contract. "This is why I get paid the big bucks," Rich laughed out loud to himself. [B][I][U]Later that day[/U][/I][/B] Good with the bad...good with the bad. Rich had to keep repeating that to himself all through the day. After his meeting with Roderick ended just like Dave's had, he decided to contact all his workers whose contracts were up just so he could get an idea for what he should do on the show this month (it had seemed like such a great idea to have a show early in the month to be close to Labor Day...oh hindsight) and he ended up getting some more bad news...some bad, some worse. Oz Lord, the steady ref who had been with them since day one wanted his appearance fee tripled! Fortunately Rich knew of another ref he could get in contact with that he knew was hungry for work, but Oz was very much a part of ASW. But for what he brought to the table, Rich couldn't see paying him almost as much as his top stars. Also his failed tag team partner Thomas Morgan would also not be continuing with ASW. Apparently his time in 4C has been good to him as he didn't seem willing to negotiate on his contract. While this wasn't terrible, Rich was disappointed that he hadn't been able to build Thomas up the way he had first imagined. On a plus side though he had resigned a large handful of workers and only had to give a raise of $25 per appearance; Bill Lebowski, Stretch, K-Squared, Mark Smart, Ash Campbell, Cal Sanders, Jeremy Jazz, Tempest Appleby, Kashmir Singh and last but not least Buttercup. He knew he could shuffle the top of the roster around a bit to replace either Roderick or Dave, but not both. This sent him scouring the net to find someone who would be able to step up in a prominent role. He put out a couple of feelers but in the meantime he had a show to get ready. Knowing the company was beginning to head into a new direction he finalized the card for the September show, put up the information on the company website and had his temp put up some posters around town. [quote] [CENTER][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/ASWPoster.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][B]PRESENTS[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Arial Narrow][SIZE=5][B]LABOR OF LOVE[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]LIVE FROM THE BIKER'S PARADISE BAR[/SIZE][/FONT][/B] [B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]SEPTEMBER 8, 2007[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4]THE MAIN EVENT[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/AmericanElemental.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/VS_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/BulldozerBrandonSmith_alt.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER]AMERICAN ELEMENTAL DEFENDS HIS ASW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP IN A REMATCH WITH "BULLDOZER" BRANDON SMITH[/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3][B]THE DEBUT OF A SECOND GENERATION STAR[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/CaseyValentine.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/VS_alt1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/LittleBillLebowski.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER]CASEY VALENTINE MAKES HIS PROFESSIONAL DEBUT, VETERAN BILL LEBOWSKI LOOKS TO KEEP THE ROOKIE IN CHECK[/CENTER] [CENTER][B][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]ALSO SCHEDULED:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]ASH CAMPBELL VS. RODERICK REMUS[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]FORMER ASW CHAMPION "DAZZLING" DAVE DIAMOND VS. KASHMIR SINGH[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]TICKETS ARE $4.00 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]SHOW STARTS AT 8:00PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]FIRST 10 FANS RECEIVE A FREE BASEBALL CAP[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3]SO GET THERE EARLY AND CATCH ALL THE ACTION![/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [/quote] [LEFT]Rich felt a tinge of sadness as he left the office that day. He knew going into this, and from his past experience, that wrestling was a business just like everything else, but it didn't make it any easier having to say goodbye to people you had gotten to know and work with over the better part of a year.[/LEFT] [LEFT]He knew it was a ways off, but he relished looking forward to the day when he could look back and laugh that he had to let a worker go because they wanted $775 per appearance. He knew that day would never come if he didn't make hard decisions like he had made today. Maybe when they were big enough that TV stations would actually take their phone calls about negotiating a contract for a show, when they were able to put on a show every week instead of one a month, then things would be different.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Until then he had to be satisfied knowing that he was doing everything possible to keep ASW out of bankruptcy. He shut down his computer, turned off the lights and with one last wistful look at his dry erase board that still had the names of Roderick and Dave on it for the last month, he left.[/LEFT] [LEFT][B][I][U]Several minutes later[/U][/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]The phone rang four times before the answering machine picked up.[/LEFT] [LEFT]"Hi you've reached the administrative office of All Star Wrestling. Our next show is scheduled for September 7, 8:00 at the Biker's Paradise Bar. If you need more information about our company please check out our website at [URL="http://www.asw.com"][COLOR=black]www.asw.com[/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]Our normal office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 to 5:00. Please leave a detailed message and someone will get back to you. Thank you. [I]BEEP!"[/I][/LEFT] [LEFT][I]"[/I]Hello. This message is for Richard DuVall, I received word that you were trying to get in contact with my son to work for your company. I will relay the message onto him and he should be getting in touch with you soon, as I know he's anxious to get some steady work with a company instead of the Independent shows..."[/LEFT] [LEFT][B][U]Coming Up:[/U] Two major ASW stars are making their last appearance with the company! Emotions are sure to run high. Make sure you're there to catch all the action! And whose son might be joining up with ASW? Stay tuned![/B][/LEFT]

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow [B][I][U]Friday September 7, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]The Rattlesnake Bar and Grill[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Boston, MA[/U][/I][/B] Rich was standing in front of the gathered ASW workers just finishing up his traditional pre-show speech. He knew that this show was going to be one of the most important shows in the company's short history. Also, two of the bigger stars of ASW were leaving after the show...and the one and only referee making this a transitional show as well. "Lastly, I want to thank the hard work and dedication that our departing workers have given to this company. With a company this small, I don't think of you as employees, I think of you as family, so this next show I'm sure will be bittersweet. Dave, Roderick, Oz and Thomas...thank you for you time and effort you have given to this company, you will all be missed but not soon forgotten...and thank you for doing this one last show." The rest of the gathered workers and staff applauded the outgoing workers and Rich was pleased to see that seemed to be no tension between any of them. He finished up by telling them to talk to Jen who would have any last minute notes on their matches. Finished with his formal duties Rich sat down at his Dad's table and sipped his beer. "Nice speech," his Dad intoned with a smile. "I know that this isn't easy for you Rich and I wanted to thank you again for the hard work you've done for ASW. Without you my vision would have been just that, it's great to know that we're going to make it to our one year anniversary." "We're not there yet Dad, but thanks for the compliment. I guess those human resources classes I took in college are paying off. We've got some characters on the roster, it's no small task keeping them all relatively happy," Rich said as he motioned to the bartender for another beer. As father and son shared a quiet moment Dave Diamond approached them. "Hey Rich," he said leaning over onto the table, "I wanted to talk to you about my match tomorrow. WHAT THE HELL?" Rich almost spit his last mouthful of beer out as Dave slammed a fist down on the table to accentuate his last statement. "Geez Dave, what's wrong with you?" "What's wrong with me? What the hell is wrong with you? This is how you repay me for nine months of faithful service? This is how you want your first champion remembered?" Dave asked with a snarl on his face. "Dave, I know you haven't been in the business long. This is how things work when someone is leaving the company. It's not like I'm having you do a bra and panties match," Rich said trying to calm down his departing star. "Yeah, thanks for that...boss. It'll just make it that much sweeter when I'm a big star at MAW performing at sold out arenas while your still dodging beer cans thrown at you in Biker's Paradise," Dave spat out and then turned and walked outside. "Yup," Rich said as his new beer arrived, "people skills, that's what separates me from other head bookers." Rich and James shared a chuckle, clinked glasses together, and then drank. [B][U]Coming Up:[/U] ASW Labor of Love! Be sure to catch the farewell performances of "Dazzling" Dave Diamond, Roderick Remus. [/B]

ASW Labor Of Love [B][I][U]Saturday September 8, 2007[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]Live from Biker's Paradise (being broadcast over the Internet)[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][U]ASW Labor Of Love[/U][/I][/B] [B][I][/I][/B] [B][I][U][IMG]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w195/trackersan/TEW%20Photos/male4.jpg[/IMG][/U][/I][/B] [B][I][/I][/B] [B][U]Rich's Notes[/U][/B] [B][/B] I knew this was going to be a big show with the two departures and with the highly anticipated main event, so I decided that I wouldn't work any matches myself and just concentrate on the booking and helping Jen run things backstage. [B]PRE-SHOW [/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]Match 1[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]Kashmir Singh (with Buttercup) vs. Bill Lebowski[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][/B] Both of these men were working rather short matches during the main show so I figured we'd give them a dark match together just for some more experience, especially considering they hadn't had much ring time lately. Their lack of work showed as this match was below average in all regards, fortunately it was on before the bulk of the crowd showed up. [B]Winner: Kashmir hits a sunset flip for the pinfall. (E-)[/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]Match 2 [/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]Dazzling Dave Diamond vs. Davis Wayne Newton[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]All American Championship Title Match[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][/B] Normally I wouldn't have a title match on during the pre show, but with everything that happened with contracts I had to shuffle some story ideas around a bit. Also this was a good way to get a second match in from the departing Dave and to give a little boost to our All American Champion. Dave did the job cleanly for this one with no complaints...it was the match during the main show that he was furious about. Newton hit The Highlight Reel and made the cover for the victory in a well fought match. [B]Winner: Davis Wayne Newton retains after hitting The Highlight Reel. (E+)[/B] [B]MAIN SHOW[/B] The show opened with "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith standing in the ring receiving a very loud chorus of boos from the crowd. Taking it all with a smile he launched into a tirade against his opponent for the night. "Ha ha! Last month we all got to see just what kind of..."champion"...Elemental really is. I tossed his ass all over this ring and it was only because of a biased ref that I was disqualified. Well tonight, no ref is going to stop me, no stupid masked weirdo is going to stop...there's nobody that can stop me from riding off tonight with what's rightfully mine. Tonight, it's going to be Brandon Smith...Heavyweight Champion. And if you don't like it...I don't care." [B](E+)[/B] "Well there's some strong words from the challenger for the ASW title. We'll see if he's more successful in his rematch with our reigning champion American Elemental later tonight. But first out we're going to see our former Champion in action tonight." Terry Smith said from the announce table as Smith walked back up the ramp into the back. "Bloody right Terry. Smith is going to finish what he started last month. I feel confident we'll have a proper champion after tonight." Dad added in his own wonderfully pompous way as Dave came down the ramp, strutting for the last time in front of an ASW crowd. "Oh stop booing, you know that you've missed me, the dazzling one, the true champion, the only person with any class in this place. So tonight I get to face off with someone who's name I can't even pronounce, someone who's never been a champion and someone who never will be. Tonight I start back on the road to reclaiming what's rightfully mine and Sign will only be a mere bump in the road." [B](E)[/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]1st Match[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]"Dazzling" Dave Diamond vs. Kashmir Singh (With Buttercup)[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][/B] I can't begin to tell you how upset Dave was before the show as we recapped what we wanted to happen, but despite all his bravado he went out there and performed an excellent match, maybe one of the best he's had considering his opponent. Dave started off in control but Singh quickly took command of the match and soon hit the Singh Shot (a deadly looking short-arm clothesline that Dave sold really well). As he stood up the crowd started to cheer and he went into his little dance step routine setting up his big finisher. He shuffled to the left and then back over to Dave before hitting a elbow drop and making the pin fall. He got up and celebrated with Buttercup as she climbed into the ring clearly impressed with the biggest win of her clients career. [B]Winner: Kashmir hits Singhing and Dancing for the win. (E+)[/B] After everyone had cleared the ring Buttercup came back down with a microphone and rolled into the ring. "Now everyone just saw my man beat the former ASW Heavyweight Champion. I think that that should at least get him a shot at the All American Title...don't you? (cheers from the crowd) That's what I thought. So I'm out here right now to challenge Davis Wayne Newton to face my client Kashmir Singh next month at All Hallow's Eve." Before she could continue Newton came down onto the ramp and cut her off. "Woah woah woah. Slow down there babe. I'm the champion here, I'm the one who calls the shots around here...not some used and abused clubber girl. Now, if you think that because Singh has beating some washed up has-been that he can somehow beat me, The Triple Threat, the All American Champion...well I'll be more than happy to crush him next month. You got yourself a match toots." Terry seemed excited at ringside as everyone went back into the backstage. "So there you have it folks, next month we'll see Newton defend his title against Kashmir Singh!" [B](E+)[/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]Match 2 [/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]Casey Valentine vs. Bill Lebowski[/SIZE][/U][/B] Casey came down to the ring and went over to a couple of pretty girls who had were wearing a "Be My Valentine" baseball cap they'd received before the show for being one of the first 10 people to come in. Casey flirted with the girls before signing their hats and walking off. Just before he was about to get in the ring he spotted another lady wearing one of his hats who was a little less attractive than the first pair of girls. He walked over to her...and snatched the hat off of her head, threw it on the floor and then stomped on it. The crowd responded by booing loudly which Casey ignored completely and went into the ring. The match didn't seem to last as long as the entrances and Casey was quickly in control of things overpowering his smaller opponent and locking him in a bow and arrow submission hold. "And there it is, Cupid's Arrow is locked in and Lebowski doesn't look like he can hold on much longer...oh wait...what's this?" Terry exclaimed from the side. Casey dropped down to a knee while still keeping the hold locked in and then simply rolled back putting Lebowski into a pin, which the weakened man simply didn't have enough to even think about kicking out of. [B]Winner: Casey gets the pin after locking in Cupid's Arrow. (E)[/B] "What an impressive victory for this youngster here tonight James. Oh well, it looks like he's got something to say." "I certainly hope you ladies out there enjoyed the show, because I intend to make my presence known here in ASW. You see, it seems there's some snot nosed punk who thinks that he's the next best thing and I'm here tonight to tell him that he's not...Ash Campbell your father was overrated and you are really overrated. I'm the only around here who can claim that their family name means anything. So I'd very much like to humiliate you in front of all these lovely...eww...and not so lovely fans." [B](E)[/B] Just as he's about to step out of the ring Ash Campbell steps out. "You think I'm afraid of you Casey? You (laughs) think that your family name possibly means more than mine? I'll be more than happy to wipe that stupid grin off your face anytime, anywhere...in fact let's make it next month." "Wow and another hot match going to take place next month...Ash Campbell taking on Casey Valentine...a battle of the second generation stars!" [B](E+)[/B] [B]Coming up: The main event! Stay tuned![/B]

ASW Labor of Love Part 2 [B][U][SIZE=3]3rd Match[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]Ash Campbell vs. Roderick Remus[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][/B] This match wasn't as great as I hoped for, especially as this was Roderick's farewell match with ASW but it gave Ash a solid victory heading into next month. We were able to see his finisher, The Rebel Yell in action at least. He whipped Roderick hard into the corner ran after him and in one swift motion as Roderick hit back first against the ropes, he leaped up to a standing position on the corner then leaped back, grabbing Roderick's head on the way slamming his head into the mat (an X-Factor). After that the pin was just a formality. [B]Winner: Ash Campbell after nailing the Rebel Yell. (E-)[/B] After Ash had a short celebration and left the ring, American Elemental made his entrance complete with faux fog. He slowly walked down the ramp acknowledging his fans with bows before climbing up into the ring. "I am honored to be here once again defending the ASW Heavyweight Championship. Last month, while technically victorious, I realized that I shamed the prestige of the title by allowing myself to be handled by the beast Smith. So tonight I vow to hit harder, stronger, and faster and to continue to uphold everything that this title signifies." [B](D-)[/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]Match 4[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]"Bulldozer" Brandon Smith vs. American Elemental[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3]ASW Heavyweight Championship Title Match[/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][U][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/U][/B] It's a shame these two work such drastically different styles as the chemistry was still lacking as it was in their last match, but they still put it all out on the line and put on a great show. Elemental tried to work over the larger competitor with a series of take downs and some spectacular flying moves, but Smith shook off the blows and finally took the offensive when he caught him trying to hit a flying cross body and turned it into a running powerslam. He went into his repotoire of suplexes and finally had Elemental set up for the Full Throttle. He locked him in a standing front facelock and lifted him up but Elemental reversed it into a hurricaranna that brought the crowd to its feet. However as he stood up to continue the momentum swing, Smith nailed him with a low-blow that the ref didn't see as he was out of position. The crowd booed as Elemental crumbled to the ground, clutching his groin in pain, while Smith got to his feet, shook the cobwebs off and signalled again for the Full Throttle. Another cheer in the audience went up as Ash Campbell came running down the ramp to ringside. He went to the side where Smith was at and tripped him up as he was about to walk over to Elemental. He turned and, noticing Campbell, pointed at him and the two exchanged some pleasentries. As this was happening someone else came running down the ramp...Casey Valentine! He went over to the side where Elemental was just starting to climb up to a standing position. Climbing up to the apron he taunted Elemental and then reached for him, just as on the other side of the ring, Ash surprised Smith by pulling his legs out from under him and yanking him to the outside. Valentine got ahold of Elemental's mask and pulled him over to the rope before dropping down to the mat, pulling the champion's head down against the rope and then slingshotting him back down to the mat. Seeing all the chaos Oz, in his last official action with ASW, called for the bell and announced the match was a draw due to the double interferance. [B]Winner: Draw by double DQ. (D-)[/B] Casey slid into the ring and went over to Elemental still down on the mat and was about to pick him up when Ash slid into the ring. The two started to discuss the finer points of each other's personallity when Smith got up from the floor and climbed back into the ring...obviously enraged at both of them for their interferance. "My God! What's going to happen next month with these four men? Who will claim the title of the number 1 contender now?" Terry said as the show was just about to wrap up. "Well once again Smith is denied his title due to incompetance by the ref. Don't worry though his time is coming!" [B](E+) [/B] The four men continue to argue in the ring as the internet feed closes.[B](End of Broadcast)[/B] [B][U]SHOW RECAP Pre-Show[/U][/B] [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]defeated Bill Lebowski [B]Davis Wayne Newton [/B]defeated "Dazzling" Dave Diamond to retain the All American Title [B][U]Main Show[/U][/B] [B]Kashmir Singh [/B]defeated "Dazzling" Dave Diamond [B]Casey Valentin [/B]defeated Bill Lebowski [B]Ash Campbell [/B]defeated Roderick Remus American Elemental[B] drew [/B]with "Bulldozer" Brandon Smith due to a double DQ after Ash Campbell and Casey Valentine interfered. Elemental retains the ASW Heavyweight Championship Title [B][U]Overall Show:[/U] E+[/B] [B][U]Attendance:[/U] 69[/B] Another really sucessful show that I hope entertained our fans all over the world (sounds nice to say that). Sad to see both Roderick and Dave leave, but it's all part of the business. Looking forward to hearing the reactions of the fans on our forum and looking forward to next month's show allready. [B][U]Coming Up:[/U] ASW continues to grow beyond it's local roots, show reactions and planning for October's All Hallow's Eve are ahead. Also we'll find out who the newest ASW star is going to be. Stay tuned.[/B] OOC: Sorry had to break the show into two parts this morning as I thought I was going to have time to finish the show before leaving for work. Fortuneately I got the last part up before things got too crazy in the office.

Archived