3-4 to 4-4 change

i had a 3-4 defense in my 1st season and as usual a coordinator who was partial to a 3-3-5 defense. After the 1st season i switched to a 3-4 Coordinator and also recruited on that basis. Now when the new season starts i find my team is now expected to play a 4-4 defense. Can the defense be changed back to a 4-4?

[QUOTE=waltwa;194950]i had a 3-4 defense in my 1st season and as usual a coordinator who was partial to a 3-3-5 defense. After the 1st season i switched to a 3-4 Coordinator and also recruited on that basis. Now when the new season starts i find my team is now expected to play a 4-4 defense. Can the defense be changed back to a 4-4?[/QUOTE] are you sure you saved your changes? also just cuz the DC prefers 3-4 doesn't make that the default. The default will change season to season based on your talent.

first of all i meant to say i wanted to change back to a 3-4. I am pretty sure i saved everything. I think the point is that as Head Coach the game should allow me to play any of the defenses offered and if it doesn't i think the ability to change should be added.It should be applied to offense as well.

Guest Nukester
What week are you in ? After a season ends, and you go througbh transfers and recruiting, the game will make an assumtion based on your players, and change the information on the "team info" page to what it thinks you should run. Once training camp rolls around, you can change your philosophies to whatever you want (during that one particular week that it is available...week 2 of traing camp). After that, even if you choose a 4-6 defense, but decide later youd rather use a 3-4, you cant necessariliy change your philosophies, but you can set up your "defensive strategies" to run out of whatever formations you want For instance you can run 90% of your plays to use a 3-4 defense and set 4-6 defense to 0%. The only disadvantage of doing this is that you may get penalized if you use a formation that does not really agree with your original philosophy. You can see this if the formation you want to use has a red bubble next ot it (as opposed to a blue bubble, which gives you a slight bonus). My Army team is set at a 3-4 defense. However, I can go into the defensive strategies screen and set 3-4 to 0% and make 5-2 100%, but using the 5-2 with a philosophy of a 3-4 results in a slight penalty. I hope that helps

Archived