Generally it's because the match or angle that put on stank! To raise the mood put on a better than expected angle/match. I seem to remember someone giving a much better explanation in a previous thread about it. If I remember correctly you get the note when the item drops a certain percentage below your popularity in that area and vice versa... Or I could just be making that up!

May not be 100% correct but from what i understand you have a crowd mood rating. Every time you put on an angle or match that is higher then the mood it raises it every time you put on one that is lower then it, it in turn brings it down. So your angle or match that brought the mood down doesn't have to be bad to bring it down it just has to be worse then their mood currently is. i'm not to sure how the perfect show theory effects that though.

I don't recall for certain, but I believe that Adam said in a previous version that the crowd "starts" the show at about a C or so, and that's why tiny feds will get the "this match brought the crowd down" message even when putting on a really good C- segment (considering the overness levels involved).

[QUOTE=dime;195689]I don't recall for certain, but I believe that Adam said in a previous version that the crowd "starts" the show at about a C or so, and that's why tiny feds will get the "this match brought the crowd down" message even when putting on a really good C- segment (considering the overness levels involved).[/QUOTE] heh I don't know if it was Adam who said that but I've said it before. And that was for 05. In 07, it's D. Any D- or below match will bring the crowd's mood down. I don't think it applies for angles (never seen a crowd mood note for one myself) since their effect on shows has been greatly diminished. It also appears the range for crowd notes has been increased as in 05, a B+ or better segment would get you a 'this segment lifted the crowd' but in 07, B- seems to be the minimum.

Actually I belive in 2005 it was anything under C broguth the crowds mood downa dn anything over B+ brought it up. With the new distribution of the 100% C is about what a B- used to be, so anythign over a B will bring their mood up and I belive anything under a D- lowers their mood.

[QUOTE]I don't think it applies for angles (never seen a crowd mood note for one myself) since their effect on shows has been greatly diminished.[QUOTE] Actually, angles CAN indeed effect the crowd, just like matches. I stumbled onto this using SWF. This MAY not apply to other promotions, depending on the product. The key is the length of the angle. (Quality goes without saying) If I put on a 5 minute or less angle where Christian Faith beats up Richard Eisen rated B+, the road agent says: "There's no specific coment for this segment" (or something like that). But if I make that same angle 6 minutes or longer, the road agent says: "This segment lifted the crowd" (or something like that). FYI to all. EDIT: Nuts, I messed up quoting Remi. Oh well. Hey, I'm a rookie now! Cool.

[QUOTE=Apupunchau@optonline;195754]Actually I belive in 2005 it was anything under C broguth the crowds mood downa dn anything over B+ brought it up. With the new distribution of the 100% C is about what a B- used to be, so anythign over a B will bring their mood up and I belive anything under a D- lowers their mood.[/QUOTE] Not true, Apupunchau. Load up 05 and run a bunch of B rated angles from the start of your show. Then run a match. "This match benefitted greatly from a hot crowd". How'd the crowd get hot if only B+ or better rated angles lifted them? Infinitely easier to test this in 05 than in 07 but I can tell you unequivocally that in 05, any segment rated C+ or higher raises the default crowd's mood. But, it needs to be B+ or higher to generate a road agent note. Just because your road agents don't point it out doesn't mean it doesn't exist or didn't happen. In 07, D- or below generates a road agent note as does B- on the opposite end of the spectrum so the baseline is somewhere in that range (I'd guess it's C- now).

Archived