Academics and recruiting

In some future version of the game, I think it would interesting if academics could be added as an eighth pitch for recruits to consider and another variable that influences their thinking. I think it would help gameplay because it would allow some schools that have few sticks in their recuriting bag (like vanderbilt, Stanford, Duke, etc) to have a chance to pick up some players. It would also add some realism because I (naively) think there are some students who are picking schools, in part, because of academics. Finally, I think that if it was merely one of eight pitches, it would be about the right mix to add to the game. As many people on this board know, the College Years had academics in the mix as a recruiting factor, but me personal feeling was that in TCY academics had too strong of effect on recuriting and a school's academics could improve or drop too quickly. My two cents. Great game.

what would be good to, is that schools known mainly for academics might have a hard time getting players that aren't that bright, or if they did the players would need more tutoring. But for the smart guys, they'd want to go there more forthe academics as well as the sports. good idea.

Archived