The Rise of 4C (TEW 07) (Cornellverse)

[COLOR="Red"]It was one of my proudest moments as a promoter. Not that I had all that many... I had only been running small time independent shows around my home state of Alabama for a few months. But it was a special moment, nonetheless. As the show ended the crowd was on their feet as Big Bryan Bryant, the most popular indy talent in the state, celebrated with his newly won title. They cheered as the sweat poured down his face, a sign of just how much effort and energy had been put into the match, and the show as a whole. From top to bottom I was happy with how this one had come out. And it was needed, as money was running low and I really needed to get a fanbase going or we were gonna tank faster than the Titanic. As Bryant walked to the back with his belt I passed by him on my way to thank my fans for attending.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Me: Wow! What a show, right? Well none of this would've been possible without the continued support from you, our fans! Give yourselves a hand. You deserve it.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]All 36 of them started clapping. Believe it or not, it was our biggest crowd yet.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Me: I want each and every one of you to know that plans for next month's show are already underway, and as soon as the date and the specifics are set, our website will be the first to inform you, so keep checking up on us. We want to wish everyone a safe drive home and a good night. We'll see you next month!!![/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]The fans started clapping again before filing out of the gym. As I walked to the back, I heard a voice coming out of the stands... I looked over to my left, where the voice sounded like it was coming from, but seen nothing, so I continued walking.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Voice: HEY!!! I'm talking to YOU, CHUMP!!![/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]I stopped in my tracks once again and looked around everywhere, but still didn't see anyone.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Voice: I'm down here!!![/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]I looked down to see a short guy in a suit and tie. You know, to be a dwarf, he sure did look important.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Voice: You don't even know who I am, do you? Well you must not be very up-to-date with the Canadian wrestling scene. What am I saying, of course not. You're a down south hillbilly for crying out loud. Me: Hey! I'm not a hillbilly, thank you very much. But no, I don't know who you are. Thanks for coming, though.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Offended by this short gentleman I started to walk off again until he reached through the barracade and grabbed my leg. I tried shaking him off.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Voice: Don't walk away from me while I'm talking to you! Look, I'm going to get straight to the point. My name is Troy Winner. I own a promotion in Canada. Canadian Charisma Championship Combat. Me: OH! Yeah, I've heard of it. You guys run a real similar style to what I'm putting on down here. Fast, hard-hitting, high flying action. Real modern stuff. You know, I appreciate that, too. I feel that the high fliers in this business are THE most gifted athletes in the sport. Troy Winner: Exactly. And obviously, you know how to book them. The few fans here tonight LOVED this show. They ate it up. I was told you know what you're doing. I didn't believe it. A slack-jawed country boy actually writing a good wrestling show. I had to see it for myself. You can actually hold your own with the best Canadian products out there - my enemies. Look, I want to hire you. I want you to be my new booker. And be honest, with the small crowds, it doesn't look like your financial situation here is the best anyways.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]It was a very intriuging offer, to say the least. 4C was a promotion that I believed had all the tools to make it and actually rise up against their competition in Canada, who were putting on a more traiditional entertainment type of show. I was interested.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Troy Winner: Joey Poision, our last head booker, has decided to step away from the position to put a greater focus on his wrestling career. So I need you. I think you're my man to take us to the next level. Here's my card. Call me back once you've made up your mind and I'll fly you up to Canada, set you up with a place to live, and put you to work immediately. I've gotta go....[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]He walked away as I stood still, staring down at the business card he had just handed me. This was going to be one of the biggest decisions of my life.[/COLOR]

[center][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]4CWRESTLING.COM NEWSWIRE[/size][/color][/b][/center] [B]Troy Winner informed us here at 4Cwrestling.com this morning that he has inked a deal with a new head booker to replace current 4C champion and former head booker, Joey Poison, who recently stepped down from the position to put a greater focus on his in-ring duties. Not much is known about the new 20 year old head booker. He comes from the US, where he was a talented promoter and booker for his small fed in Alabama, and that's about where the information well runs dry. We wish him the best of luck here at 4C and look forward to a bright and prosperous future![/B]

[COLOR="Red"]As I sat in my new office inside the small 4C home office in Ontario, I couldn't help but to feel sorry for what I had done to my fans in Alabama. I basically skipped out of town in the middle of the night with no explanation whatsoever. But deep down inside, in my gut, I knew I had made the best decision for myself personally. This was a great opportunity for me to put the worrying aside on financial matters and focus full force on writing shows that would a tear to the proverbial eye.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Denise: Here you go, Jon. Here's everything that Mr. Winner wanted me to deliver to you. That's the roster sheet, a basic explanation of the promotion's core values and the kind of product we desire to deliver, and expectations from you as the booker. Have fun! Me: Oh you too, Denise. You too.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]I winked at her before she left the room, smiling. Man... this was a trip. Not only my own office, but a VERY attractive secretary to boot. I was used to running things out of my mobile home in Alabama. This was a considerable step up no doubt. I started looking over the papers Mr. Winner had prepared for me...[/COLOR] [B][COLOR="Black"]4C ROSTER[/COLOR][/B] Faces noted in [COLOR="Blue"]blue[/COLOR], heels in [COLOR="Red"]red[/COLOR]. [B]MAIN EVENTERS[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Joey Poison[/COLOR] (4C World Champion) [COLOR="Blue"]Jacob Jett[/COLOR] w/ [COLOR="Blue"]Katie Cameron[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Barry Kingman[/COLOR] [B]UPPER MIDCARDERS[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Phenomenal E.[/COLOR] (One half of the 4C Tag Champions) [COLOR="Red"]Canadian Dragon[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Sayeed Ali[/COLOR] [B]MIDCARDERS[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Duberry Excess[/COLOR] (One half of the 4C Tag Champions) [COLOR="red"]Darryl Devine[/color] [color="red"]Hardcore Killah[/color] [color="red"]Slim V[/color] [B]LOWER MIDCARDERS[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Brett Fraser[/COLOR] (4C Hardcore Champion) [COLOR="Red"]Air Attack Weasel[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Warren Technique[/COLOR] [B]OPENERS[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Nomad[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Too Hot[/COLOR] [B]4C STAFF[/B] Owner: [COLOR="Blue"]Troy Winner[/COLOR] Announcer: [COLOR="Blue"]Terry Smith[/COLOR] Color Commentator and Head Road Agent: [COLOR="Red"]Jon Alexander[/COLOR] Referee: [COLOR="Blue"]Andy Gordy[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]I immediately spit the soda I had been sipping on as I went through the papers out of my mouth. Not only does this guy expect me to write his shows, but he wants me to do his color commentary and work as head road agent, too? And as a HEEL at that?! I had never even thought about the possibility of coming across as a heel. But whatever - Troy is my boss now, and I guess whatever he wants me to do is my job. But I know that my hands are more than full with all of the work Mr. Winner has lined up for me.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"]Me: Hmm... here's an attached note. Ah ha, it says that I am to hire one more wrestler to fill out the roster. Well, with the heel overload around here, it's gotta be someone that can pull off being a convincing babyface.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]I thought about my options for only a couple of seconds before the perfect name popped into my head...[/COLOR]

[center][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]4CWRESTLING.COM NEWSWIRE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/center] [B]In his first blow to one of our competitors here in Canada by the name of Canadian Golden Combat, 4C head booker Jon Alexander has reportedly signed popular Canadian high flier and CGC star Whippy The Clown to a pay-per-appearance contract. Whippy is sure to make a big splash here in 4C and will definately be a valuable piece to our puzzle. No word yet on what the DeColt family has to say about this matter, but they cannot be pleased that one of their stars is working for a rival company.[/B]

Haha, I don't know if there are two bigger 4C fans on this board (not vocally anyways) than Apu and myself, so you'll have at least two readers. I had a lengthy 4C diary when TEW05 first came out, and then I did a 'recap diary' of my 2005-2012 diary, which lasted about as long as the short recap I did lol, but Flash and Dog Fyte are key! I, personally, always sign Plague as well. We'll just say that Plague (actual name in the database Black Eagle) is to me what Steve Flash is to Apu haha. And dump Jorge Wilkes (Duberry Excess) and let Phenomenal E. 'Ed Larkins' shine as a singles star. You WON'T be disappointed.

You'll find that Duberry and Brett Fraser both get crapped on by your audience. You may want to consider retiring the HArcore title as you don't have any other low level guy with good hardcore skills other than Nomad, and defiantely get rid of brett as his stamina means he can't last more than 5 minutes. As for Phenomenal E and Duberry you shoudl get rid of Duberry with a turn by Phenomenal E maybe after a losing fued with Thug Lie and then ****y Phenomenal E versus Joey Poison will be pure gold. You will also want to look into bringing in Thmas Morgan and the now not so crappy Stretch the Chicken Boy, as well as Bulldozer Brandon Smith when he becomes available. I'd also like to agree with my colleague TheUnholyIcon on Plague/Black Eagle but for some reason I alays see 4C as real Canadian Wrestling and so I only hire Canadians.

Archived