The GDS 'Favourite Wrestler Ever' Nominations

keefmoon

[QUOTE=thug saint oga;201045]rvd hhh aj styles hbk new jack LA PARKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mike awesome taz (not with two "z"s mind you) steve corino the amazing red necro butcher super dragon the blue blazer owen hart bret hart benoit hayabusa ultimo dragon samoa joe terry f'n funk the von erichs (they should count as one) *in paul bearer's voice* uuuuunderrrrrrtaaaaaaaaakerrrrrr ric flair i can keep going if you want me to......[/QUOTE] No that's great thanks! Would it be okay if I used Fritz, Kevin, David and Kerry as the Von Erichs, cos if Demolition and Road Warriors are seperate, I think the Von Erichs should be seperate too, and those four were the more talented and successful of the family in terms of wrestling?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=keefmoon;201053]No that's great thanks! Would it be okay if I used Fritz, Kevin, David and Kerry as the Von Erichs, cos if Demolition and Road Warriors are seperate, I think the Von Erichs should be seperate too, and those four were the more talented and successful of the family in terms of wrestling?[/QUOTE] do what ya gotta do brotha!

[QUOTE=thug saint oga;201067]they were the four bad asses, so just go with them. sorry i'm a dallas boy, so i love me some von erichs.[/QUOTE] I love me some Von Erichs and I'm from jolly old England, so I can imgine how much more you love them coming from Dallas! A family of legends, no doubt.

[QUOTE=Tyler Gadzinski;201040]i just have to say one thing ... Triple H = OVERRATED argue about it i dont care .. he seriously own the title 10 times cuz hes Vinces son in law... also im gonna put out there Kane , Kennedy , Matt Sydal , Taker[/QUOTE] Samoa "WTF iz ay Jym!?" Joe = MOST OVERRATED BAKERY STORE.

[QUOTE=The Gaz;201080]Samoa "WTF iz ay Jym!?" Joe = MOST OVERRATED BAKERY STORE.[/QUOTE] Gaz...Joe's in shape. He doesn't LOOK like he's in shape, admittedly, but if you can do a 30 or 60 minute Iron Man match without looking like you're about to pass out, then you're in shape in my book. Your avatar on the other hand was always breathing heavy from running to the ring. Having a ripped massive beach body doesn't equal athletic performance. And Joe's athleticism, objectively speaking, is impressive. Now, getting back to HHH being overrated, I think he's overpushed, and shoved down our throats a bit much. There have been numerous times when he was NOT world champion, and yet the focus of RAW storylines has been HHH. I predict that for his comeback in the summer, he'll get a nice video package (with more U2 music?) of the trials and tribulations of his rehab. What other wrestler gets that? No one. Everyone else gets a 5-15 second spot, like "Edge is coming...3 weeks." or "Next week, Rey Mysterio comes home." That's it. Now with all that said, is he overrated in terms of in-ring work? I think he's a tremendous wrestler capable of putting on quality matches, so I don't think he's overrated in that department. He has charisma and good mic work, so I don't think he's overrated in the entertainment department either. So I'll end with overrated? IMO, no. Shoved down our throats to the point where HHH must be mentioned in some way, shape, or form, even if he was vacationing in Hawaii. Sadly, yes. P.S. Buy your DX merchandise at wweshop.com right now!

Jeff, Matt, Edge, Christian, Bubba and D-von. Can't leave forget those TLC matches. Having said that, it might be an idea to have Jeff and Matt as one entity, ditto bubba and D-von due to the fact they're not really in the same league as some of those mentioned on here when they're on their own.

[QUOTE=sheepy;201130]Jeff, Matt, Edge, Christian, Bubba and D-von. Can't leave forget those TLC matches. Having said that, it might be an idea to have Jeff and Matt as one entity, ditto bubba and D-von due to the fact they're not really in the same league as some of those mentioned on here when they're on their own.[/QUOTE] That is something I'm considering with a few people on here. It will depend how many names I end up with at the end of nominations. If being a tag team fits in with the way the tournament works mathematically then they will be a tag team. But I can see your point, as D-Von Dudley vs Ric Flair would be a pretty pointless match up. Preferably, they would be a tag team, but I'll have to see when I've got all the names in the hat.

[QUOTE=sheepy;201143]It's just it would be a shame if all 6 weren't included in this. There were times when i was watching just to see what would happen in these storylines / matches and didn't really care what Rock, Austin et al were doing.[/QUOTE] All six are guaranteed to be included in it. Every person mentioned will be added. Maybe not Nathan Jones and Great Khali, but everyone else. Yes, even Shockmaster. Whether it was tongue in cheek or not, his debut is one of my favourite ever moments in wrestling. As far as the three teams go, Edge & Christian will be individual. The Hardyz and Dudleyz will either be in it as singles or as a tag team, but either way they will be in it for sure.

I think I'm gonna leave this open until about 20:00 GMT Tuesday night, by which time all nominations should be in, then I'll put the matches together by about 22:00 GMT Tuesday, as a mixture of singles and triple threa match ups, and the rounds can commence. In case any byes are required for whatever reason, who do you think should be considered. Personally, based on how they compare to others, their popularity, ability to perform a role, importance to wrestling, wrestling moments and how iconic they are, I would suggest Flair & Hogan as the main two, with maybe Buddy Rogers, Ricky Steamboat, Ultimate Warrior, Undertaker, Bret Hart & Stone Cold if anymore are needed. If any are needed to be added, maybe if a couple are needed to even things out mathematically, I suggest JohnCena, Batista and Lashley, just to see how the three main champs in WWE compare to the rest of the favourite wrestlers mentioned here.

Guest The Aussie
I'm going to have to tip Kevin Nash as someone who does well, His magic on the stick is better than any talent if we are to go by a WWE push. Edit: Put Demolition as a pair on the list, they were unbeliable in how popular they were before The Road Warriors debuted.

[QUOTE=Actarus;201104]Gaz...Joe's in shape. He doesn't LOOK like he's in shape, admittedly, but if you can do a 30 or 60 minute Iron Man match without looking like you're about to pass out, then you're in shape in my book. Your avatar on the other hand was always breathing heavy from running to the ring. Having a ripped massive beach body doesn't equal athletic performance. And Joe's athleticism, objectively speaking, is impressive. Now, getting back to HHH being overrated, I think he's overpushed, and shoved down our throats a bit much. There have been numerous times when he was NOT world champion, and yet the focus of RAW storylines has been HHH. I predict that for his comeback in the summer, he'll get a nice video package (with more U2 music?) of the trials and tribulations of his rehab. What other wrestler gets that? No one. Everyone else gets a 5-15 second spot, like "Edge is coming...3 weeks." or "Next week, Rey Mysterio comes home." That's it. Now with all that said, is he overrated in terms of in-ring work? I think he's a tremendous wrestler capable of putting on quality matches, so I don't think he's overrated in that department. He has charisma and good mic work, so I don't think he's overrated in the entertainment department either. So I'll end with overrated? IMO, no. Shoved down our throats to the point where HHH must be mentioned in some way, shape, or form, even if he was vacationing in Hawaii. Sadly, yes. P.S. Buy your DX merchandise at wweshop.com right now![/QUOTE] Its cool. I was only joking....with myself. ;) Batista is the same these days. I was watching him at NWO and by the time he got in the ring he was gasping and he doesnt even run to the ring. But I think we have all gathered that if you want the belts around you, if you want the wide spectrum of fans to cheer for you every match and if you want to be the most recognised, successful, money making superstar alot of it is about how you present yourself, your image.

Guest The Aussie
[QUOTE=The Gaz;201243]Its cool. I was only joking....with myself. ;) Batista is the same these days. I was watching him at NWO and by the time he got in the ring he was gasping and he doesnt even run to the ring. But I think we have all gathered that if you want the belts around you, if you want the wide spectrum of fans to cheer for you every match and if you want to be the most recognised, successful, money making superstar alot of it is about how you present yourself, your image.[/QUOTE] You have to admit though, Joe is a bit doughey in appearance which will turn a lot of marks off of him yet he is amongst the fittest wrestlers that I've ever seen. It just goes to show you that image means **** all to a Smark.

I didn't like Samoa Joe until I seen him wrestle 30 or 40 times. Everyone on the forums were always saying how great he was in ROH and stuff, and how he was wrestling God so the first time I seen him on TNA he's this little fat somoan guy and I didn't like him at all. Sure he was quick and doing some cool moves but he was still a pudgy somoan. Now for some reason I can get over it, maybe its because when you see something to much you just accept it.

[QUOTE=The Gaz;201243]Its cool. I was only joking....with myself. ;) Batista is the same these days. I was watching him at NWO and by the time he got in the ring he was gasping and he doesnt even run to the ring. But I think we have all gathered that if you want the belts around you, if you want the wide spectrum of fans to cheer for you every match and if you want to be the most recognised, successful, money making superstar alot of it is about how you present yourself, your image.[/QUOTE] Oh, you were joking, lol. :p Totally agree with you on Batista - he's one of those guys that trains to look great and not for athletic performance, IMO. I know I mentioned the Warriors cardio shape, but I DO think he was legitimately very strong as well (press slam is always impressive). Batista's power game is...unconvincing to me. Lashley is suplexing, pressing people on a regular basis, while Batista has a similar physique, but the most "powerful" thing he does is a spine buster. And he get's tired easily. John Cena's physique is smaller, but I think he's legitimately stronger, and in great cardio shape as well. Gaz, let us / me know when you're joking next time. :p

Archived