These are just various questions I have and if anyone could give me an answer, I would appreciate it. And before anyone asks, yes, I'm using Version 1.3, so...yeah. On to the questions! And since I know someone's gonna ask, here's my Product: Key: Traditional, Mainstream Heavy: Cult, Risque, Comedy Medium: Modern, Realism Low: Hardcore, Pure, Daredevil None: Everything Else 1.] Do high-rated angles actually increase popularity? I ask this because I've had Jack Griffith in a few highly-rated angles (B+) and his popularity never increased or anything. He was at C- (43%) before the angle and he was at C- (43%) afterwards. I would think he'd at least get up to a C. I'd rather like to know whether I'm wasting my time trying to use angles to get people over. 2.] Does Mommentum affect angle ratings? My user character is ultra-popular (A - A* across the board) and has superb entertainment skills (A - B+ across the board), yet he hasn't gotten over a C+ in ANY angle he's been in. His mommentum is at F though. 3.] Shouldn't popularity and skill be leeched to less popular and/or skilled workers in angles? I use an Authority Figure as a Manager too, as part of a Corporation-styled stable, and for the most part angles that she's in with her stable mates, who have a decent amount of Overness (D+ and up), don't go down very well, getting Ds. Anyways, shouldn't the fact that she's popular and talented overcome the fact that her group isn't as popular as her? 4.] At around what popularity level do angles stop sucking? I run a Sports-Entertainment-ish promotion, so I rely on a fair amount of angles in my shows. I know the ones rated on Overness aren't going to get good ratings, but shouldn't the Entertainment-based angles with workers who have good Entertainment-skills and (at the least) D level+ overness everywhere in the US be able to get more than grades in the E to D- range? 5.] Does the Match Ratio have any effect on Angle Ratings? Currently I have it at 80% which allows me to run angles without them being hated. However, the grades for said angles are not very good. However, if I went up to 70%, would I be able to get higher ratings for my angles? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1) I haven't tested. 2) Yes momentum seems to have some effect on the ratings, in where i've looked. 3) No because if Shawn Michaels and the Shockmaster were in a promo (while it might become pure comedic gold) it probably would bomb in parts. 4) They suck if you are a small fed. Period. 5) Match ratio just gives you about how many minutes of angles you should have, has no effect on rating unless you go over. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, this is just what i have seen.

These are some really good questions that I'd love to see the answers to. Just wondering if there has been thought on an official instruction book? With a game this detailed, it is really overwhelming trying to figure everything out by trial and error, and then searching the boards for answers, when sometimes the specifics aren't addressed.

[QUOTE=chuckyboy5;201289]Just wondering if there has been thought on an official instruction book?[/QUOTE] It's called the game manual, it comes with the game :p The '?' button on ther main TEW screen, or load index.html from the Help folder inside your TEW2007 directory. As for the original questions: 1] I'm pretty sure they don't. Angles have been 'nerfed' somewhat in '07, to bring them into line with every other part of the show. Longer angles tend to add more value to the overall show, so longer angles might increase overness. Not sure. 2] Yes. Momentum affects pretty much everything. 3] This does happen. No manager is going to get a load of complete unknowns the biggest reaction the world of wrestling has ever seen, but managers do help with that sort of thing. D-rated angles for guys with D+ popularity sounds about right. 4] No, they shouldn't. ALL angles take a slice of their rating from the workers' overness. No matter how entertaining Shane Matthews and Jagged are, nobody in the WWE would really care all that much if they debuted tomorrow and cut a promo. By the sounds of it, you're a Regional promotion? So that sort of range is decent. Angles don't "stop sucking". They usually scale with your promotion. You can't expect guys with D popularity to be pulling out A* angles. Or even B- angles. If they did, what're they going to be doing when they get higher levels of popularity? If Ash Campbell's angles when he debuts are getting the same ratings as they do when he's TCW World Champion and all-round wrestling God, I'd be quite worried... When their popularity gets nearer that level, their promo ratings will get nearer that level. Assuming of course that they're any good. By the sounds of it, your guys are decent, so... 5] Dunno :p

That's not much of instructions... perhaps what I mean is more of a game guide that will answer questions more specific to game play, like what is required to increase a worker's momentum, what effects the economy, and wrestling industry have on promotions, workers, match ratings and so on, and so on. I've become so accustomed with the way TEW '05 worked that using the new system is completely disoreinting. I welcome the new challenge, but some break-downs on how the game world works, and what effects certain changes will have will make for a more fun game experiance. As it is now we are being handed a very sophisticated peice of software, but aren't told how to operate it to it's fullest.

Archived