Real World Mod, for the People, by the People! (I may make some people angry...)

Okay, after reading through the 1RC thread, and being throughly disgusted, I've decided that I will repost 1RC (with or without permission) under the name 1RC if with permission, and I'll call it "The People's Real World Mod" if without. The only thing I want to know before I host this, is if the "people" want it. I don't give a crap what the pissy, territorial mod makers say, I just want to know if people want it bad enough to see through the fact that we'd be blantantly ripping off alot of guy's hard work becuase a few mod-makers can't be friends. I will be glad to both host the file, and make changes as needed based on real-life events, and the observations of the "people" on the boards of needed changes. This will be a Mod of the people, for the people, with no one person taking credit for it. And if others would like to then take the data, and adjust it to their liking, and not give me credit, they are welcome to do so, as I don't give a crap, I just want an up-to-date real world data mod, and all this bickering over respect is making me sick. I will take away all mentions, and credits on the data and give no one recognition, with the exception of TCP, who I give 100% credit to coming up with this great mod in the firstplace, and an honorable mention to Johnny Fenoli and Carlito for caring the torch after TCP, and they can give credit to whom ever they like. So, I want to hear from the people, tell me if you want it or not, and I will give the people what they want! Unrespectfully, Chuckyboy5

personally i think you would be better off waiting until Carlito and Johnny decide what they want to do with the data. Or perhaps you should fire up the database and make a real world mod, with the amout of people on here that want a real world mod im sure you could get plenty of volunteers to help out, plus the good part about being the person to make a mod is A) you get to do the promotions you like and B) you get to decide on the final stats.

I say post it, but with all proper credits included. When and if Fenoli or whoever decides to get back on the project, then you can bow out. Until then, I think the people who want the data should not be denied it. This is not a matter of waiting around, but a matter of the data being out there and not being available. People paid for TEW2007, and I think whoever did so should get their money's worth, regardless of how they go about getting it.

You have been given an official 1 point warning. Resorting to insulting other mod makers and trying your hardest to reignite a flame war that had just ended was just flat out dumb given the current climate of the board, this has to be the most blatant need for an official warning I've ever seen. Did it not occur to you that dropping the attitude and insults would have made things so much easier for yourself? For the record, 3 point gets a permanent banning from these boards, and for obvious reasons I will be watching this thread closely. To other users, to recap my earlier sentiments, if you do NOT agree with what he is proposing, don't come in this thread and begin kicking up a whole new flame war, just ignore the thread entirely. I would suggest that if enough people completely ignore him, the thread will die, and nobody will be tempted to try it again. If enough people do support it then I guess "the people's choice" is that mod making becomes a completely open process.

Adam, it is not my intention to start or restart a flame war, but to just make the real world data, that so many people have worked hard on available to everyone that has your amazing game. I will be careful to not insult specific people, and just the general attitude that everyone seems to have at the moment. It was my intention to disrespect the people that have been making the boards unpleasant, not to disrespect the boards themselve or the game. [QUOTE=panix04;202741]personally i think you would be better off waiting until Carlito and Johnny decide what they want to do with the data. Or perhaps you should fire up the database and make a real world mod, with the amout of people on here that want a real world mod im sure you could get plenty of volunteers to help out, plus the good part about being the person to make a mod is A) you get to do the promotions you like and B) you get to decide on the final stats.[/QUOTE] I understand your point about starting from scratch, but at this point, the data is done, everything is, for the most part, game ready, why not use this great melting pot of work and modifications? If Johnny and Carlito decide to repost, then I will graciously step down and disapear. I just hope that if they do, they don't succumb to this disrespect nonsense, and leave the mod as is, with whom-ever's data still in it.

[B]Everyone I beg you not to post in this thread, it's only going to one place [/B]:( chuckyboy I can undertand your frustration (believe me) but this will probably do more harm then good in the long run :) . Johnny and I are trying to resolve this 24/7 privately and peacefully at the moment. Everyone's opinions have been stated in the great debate thread I'd imagine.

[QUOTE=chuckyboy5;202747]Adam, it is not my intention to start or restart a flame war[/QUOTE] Maybe so, but I think the fact you have "I may make some people angry..." in the title indicates you know that you're likely to cause a stir. ;) Either way, it's now down to the community as a whole. Nothing against you personally chucky, but I'm hoping most posters don't post here, and the thread is dead by the middle of next week. Because, unfortunately, if you are successful in getting a lot of people supporting you, there are much further reaching consequences - I already know of two major mod makers who are going to boycott the board if this goes ahead, and if they go, that reduces the amount of major contributors, replaces them with a lot of awful versions (the obvious side effect of people not respecting or crediting other people's work is that this forum will get filled with lots of versions of the exact same mod with minor, if any, changes, i.e. quantity over quality), reduces my sales, and make a further TEW game very unlikely. Anyway, I think most people are aware of what the stakes are. I do ask that people do not continue any debate in this thread though - that is what the dog pound thread is for - you should only be posting in this thread if you are actually supporting chuckboy's project.

The [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21606"]New Rules[/URL] make this thread obsolete. Although the lack of replies was heartening. :) I've removed your official warning given that the thread didn't cause the flame war I was expecting, and you seemed genuine enough.

Archived