New Guy Needs Help

I'm a bit confused on the process of downloading this game. I have not purchased the game because I just stumbled onto it. Could someone explain a step-by-step process of starting the Wrestling Spirit game? Do I need to load the demo version? Do I download the entire wrestling spirit game, and then download the 1.6 update? What is the process of getting the DOTT scenario started? Sorry for the questions, but I'm anxious to get going! Thanks for any help you can offer. Regards

You need to download the file entitled "Wrestling Spirit Demo", and install that (just run the file once you've downloaded it). You do not need to download any patches or anything, as the demo file is automatically the most up-to-date one available. I believe the DOTT scenario comes with step-by-step instructions on how to install it, although D.Boon can probably confirm that?

Once the Wrestling Spirit demo is installed, you can check the in-game Help file for general info on installing any scenario ([B]Databases - Distributing Files[/B] section of the file). In essence, whatever scenario you download will be placed within Wrestling Spirits Data directory. The DOTT scenario has a more in-depth Install instuctions in its Read Me file. Unfortunately, the data is currently unavailable for download, due to a conflict with my former space provider. I'm looking to get something else up and running soon. In the meantime, if you want to drop me a Private Message through the forum, I'll be more than happy to get the latest data to you. I hate to take up the General Forum on scenario postings, but that goes for anyone else interested in the data. Drop me a PM, and I'll work on getting the stuff to you. Take Care. And welcome to Wrestling Spirit, Family Tradition! It's good to have you here.

If you're happy with the demo, then the next stage would be to purchase it to get the full game. You can download the patch called "Wrestling Spirit Demo - Retail" and run that - this will convert your demo game into the retail version. Once you have the retail version, you then need a license to unlock it. You do this by going to run the game as normal, and it will automatically load up a screen with a Purchase button at the bottom. Click this, and you'll be given step-by-step instructions on how to complete the transaction, and will end with it giving you the license code you need. It's very important that when you've done all that, you keep a record of your license code and transaction (you'll get an e-mail with it all in) somewhere safe (i.e. not on your computer). That way if something bad happens like your computer going down to a virus, you can easily reinstall WreSpi when you've fixed the problem. If you don't keep it safe then you've got to go through a lot of hassle of proving who you are so that we can reset the license, so it's just a lot easier for you.

Archived