[Death of the Territories] The Dunvegan Dynasty (MACW)

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 4, May 1984 Held in the Civic Center in Asheville, North Carolina [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]The Bass Brothers defeated The Kelly Twins in 4:52 when Ron Bass defeated Mike Kelly by pinfall with a Texas Gourdbuster.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *Ron Bass looked good out there. *Pat Kelly is improving in Flying skills. *Mike Kelly is improving in Rumble skills. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]Bill Watts defeated Playboy Buddy Rose in 4:32 by pinfall with an Oklahoma Stampede.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]MR. MONROE STRIPS LAWLER[/B] *Sputnik Monroe, with a big smile on his face, comes down to the ring and calls out Jerry Lawler *Lawler heads down to the ring where Mr. Monroe strips him of the United States Television Title as per the War Games stipulations *Lawler swears revenge as he leaves *Mr. Monroe says that the United States Television Title will be held up in a battle royale next week on World Championship Wrestling [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: C+[/I] [B]MR. MONROE STRIPS THE RUSSIANS[/B] *Sputnik Monroe continues taking care of business by calling out The Russians *Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff head down to the ring with Comrade Dink; Mr. Monroe strips them of the World Tag Team Titles as per the War Games Stipulations *Mr. Monroe reminds them that they may not challenge for the championships again for an entire year *The Russians are none too happy, declaring themselves the best tag team in professional wrestling since no team was able to defeat them *After The Russians leave, Mr. Monroe announces that, starting next week, there will be an eight team tournament to crown new World Tag Team Champions [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 1] The Great Kabuki v "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes[/B] *The was a pretty standard brawl *Kabuki took the low road in an attempt to take the big man down, but Rhodes rallied and overcame him *[I]Dusty Rhodes defeated The Great Kabuki in 8:29 by submission with a Figure-Four.[/I] *The Great Kabuki and Dusty Rhodes have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]FLAIR PAID SNAKE OFF![/B] *Backstage, Ric Flair is seeing giving a briefcase full of money to Snake Roberts; the two men shake hands, and Flair says he'll see him later *Flair laughed about turning Team Race's hired gun against them, saying they should be more careful in the future when hiring people to do their dirty work *Flair says it also required giving Snake a shot at the World Heavyweight Title, but that doesn't bother him since he's a fighting champion *The people love seeing "The Nature Boy" wrestle, so he killed two birds with one stone *WOOOOOO! *Snake Roberts is improving at acting. [I]Length: 5 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 2] Baron Von Raschke v Greg "The Hammer" Valentine[/B] *Baron tried to take Valentine to the mat in this one to wear him down, but it became a mat-based brawl *Valentine was looking good as he picked Baron apart with a powerful offensive *[I]Greg Valentine defeated Baron Von Raschke in 7:09 by pinfall with a Hammer Elbow Drop.[/I] [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B][MATCH 3] Adrian Adonis v "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel[/B] *Adonis tried to repeat his pay-per-view performance against an infuriated Wahoo *Wahoo took him to the floor and rammed him into the ring posts *Adonis came back by sending Wahoo into the ring steps and working over his leg *Wahoo turned the match back around, though, and finished him off *[I]Wahoo McDaniel defeated Adrian Adonis in 10:33 by pinfall with a Chop.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]WAHOO CHALLENGES FUNK[/B] *Wahoo McDaniel calls for a mic and challenges Dory Funk Jr. to meet him in an Indian Strap Match at Beach Blast *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B]FUNK ACCEPTS WAHOO'S CHALLENGE[/B] *Dory Funk Jr. comes out laughing, wondering why Wahoo McDaniel keeps trying when he has no chance *Funk then accepts Wahoo's challenge, saying that he'll put him out of his misery once and for all [I]Length: 5 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 4] Mr. Wrestling II v Jerry "The King" Lawler[/B] *Mr. Wrestling II tried to go after Lawler with technical wrestling, but got beat into a corner and stomped *Lawler slipped up a few times, allowed Mr. Wrestling II to get in some offense, but Lawler proved to be the better wrestler tonight *[I]Jerry Lawler defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 12:06 by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A[/I] [B]MAIN EVENT HYPE[/B] *Bob Caudle hypes the upcoming main event in which Snake Roberts will challenge Ric Flair for the World Heavyweight Title *Caudle confirms that this match was given to Snake as part of Flair's payment for his services at Slamboree in War Games *Bob Caudle has now switched to a Staff Member gimmick. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 5: MAIN EVENT] NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT TWO-OUT-OF-THREE-FALLS MATCH Snake Roberts v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair (c)[/B] *Flair tried to shake Snake's hand, but fell victim to a vicious lariat *Snake took control of the match quickly, beating Flair down *Snake worked on Flair's head and neck, relentless *Flair tried to counter Snake's offensive several times to no avail, leading to Snake taking the first fall *Snake was unable to keep Flair down, though, and he eventually got his second wind *Flair was on fire as he turned the match around, clipping Snake's leg out from under him and hitting a knee breaker *Snake tried to come back one last time, but Flair outclassed him and finished him off with a small package *Snake exposed one of the turnbuckles and tried to whip Flair into it, but Flair reversed it and then nailed Snake with a mule kick *Flair whipped Snake into the exposed turnbuckle a second time, getting a warning from referee Tommy Young *With the damage done and Snake busted open, Flair moved in for the kill *[I]Ric Flair defeated Snake Roberts in 16:31 by two falls to one after losing the first, with the final fall happening by submission after blatantly cheating. Ric Flair makes defence number 13 of his NWA World Heavyweight title.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B+[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][U]Thursday, Week 4, May 1984[/U][/B] [B]WCCW:[/B] David & Kerry Von Erich (Kerry Von Erich and David Von Erich) defeated Blackout (Jim Garvin and Chris Adams) for the WCCW American Tag Team titles [13 successful defences] [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 4, May 1984 This week we are in Puerto Rico where Dory Funk Jr. will challenge Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title; the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title will not be defended tonight.

[B][U]Saturday, Week 4, May 1984[/U][/B] Snake Roberts was given a warning for arriving late to last night's event; that makes strike one at Discipline Level 1. [B]PNW:[/B] Easy Ed Wiskowski defeated Assassin for the PNW Television title [6 successful defences] [B][U]Week in Review: TV Ratings Race[/U][/B] [CODE] [Monday] GCW In Your House U.S. Syndication Big I 4.60 PNW Unplugged TV Local - North West 0.55 [Tuesday] AWA Battering Ram ESPN 4.91 [Wednesday] World Championship Wrestling ESPN 5.24 WWF Lightning U.S. Syndication Big I 3.18 [Thursday] [Friday] AWA All-Star Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small II 7.97 WCCW: The Edge TV Local - Mid South 0.74 [Saturday] George Championship Wrestling TBS 14.09 Big Time Wrestling TV Local - North West 0.33 [Sunday] WWF Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small I 7.77 World Class Wrestling TV Local - Mid South 0.95 [/CODE]

May 1984 End of Month Report The numbers are as expected. [CODE] PPV Revenue: $ 889,688 Ticket Sales: $1,059,445 Sponsors: $ 150,005 Merchandise: $ 414,400 Workers: -$ 526,802 Show Costs: -$ 222,000 Marketing: -$ 25,000 Merchandise: -$ 245,060 Production: -$ 64,000 Misc.: -$1,795,702 ======================== Performance: -$ 365,026 Cash: $2,870,430 [/CODE]

[B][U]June 1984 News:[/U][/B] Villano II Returns To Wrestling Shigeo Miyato Enters Wrestling [B][U]Monday, Week 1, June 1984[/U][/B] Paul Orndorff is back, so his storyline can now continue. I also sent an offer to buy out PNW, which is now in a financial crisis.

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 1, June 1984 Held in the Matthews Arena in Boston, Massachusetts [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Harley Race defeated Wahoo McDaniel in 4:49 by pinfall following interference from Dory Funk Jr..[/B] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A[/I] [B]Dusty Rhodes defeated Dory Funk Jr. in 4:41 by submission after interference from Wahoo McDaniel.[/B] *Dory Funk Jr. and Dusty Rhodes have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A*[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][MATCH 1] NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT ROUND 1 The Family (The Great Kabuki and Jerry Brisco) v Roop & Hunter (Bob Roop & Rick Hunter)[/B] *This was a fairly standard match to open the show; Roop and Brisco started things off *Roop and Hunter worked very well together in this match, keeping Brisco isolated for several minutes *Once Kabuki entered the match, Roop and Hunter picked him apart to advance in the tournament *[I]Roop & Hunter defeated The Family in 6:41 when Bob Roop defeated The Great Kabuki by pinfall with a Running Powerslam.[/I] *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]ORNDORFF ASSAULTS HENNIG[/B] *Paul Orndorff attacks Curt Hennig backstage, and leaves him down and out. *Orndorff spits on Hennig before walking away laughing [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 2] Curt Hennig v Paul Orndorff[/B] *Hennig was in trouble from the start, still reeling from Orndorff's surprise attack backstage *Hennig still managed to put up a small fight, but the match was really over before it began thanks to Orndorff's underhanded tactics *[I]Paul Orndorff defeated Curt Hennig in 3:43 by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]ORNDORFF HYPES HIMSELF[/B] *Paul Orndorff cuts a promo hyping up his skills. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 3] UNITED STATES TELEVISION TITLE BATTLE ROYALE Featuring: Snake Roberts, Magnum T.A., Mr. Wrestling II, Steve Keirn, Baron Von Raschke, Robert Fuller, Playboy Buddy Rose, Eric Embry, Chris Markoff, Jimmy Golden, The Assassin, Super Olympia, El Satanico, Ken Timbs, Mike Kelly, Steve Wright, Pat Kelly, Bill Watts, Paul Jones, and Gene Kiniski[/B] *Pat Kelly and Mike Kelly were eliminated by Snake Roberts *El Satanico was eliminated by Magnum T.A. *Eric Embry and Ken Timbs were eliminated by Snake Roberts *The Assassin was eliminated by Magnum T.A. *Steve Wright was eliminated by Chris Markoff *Bill Watts was eliminated by Baron Von Raschke *Gene Kiniski was eliminated by Baron Von Raschke *Super Olympia was eliminated by Snake Roberts *Steve Keirn was eliminated by Chris Markoff *Paul Jones was eliminated by Chris Markoff *Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden were eliminated by Snake Roberts *Snake Roberts was eliminated by Mr. Wrestling II and Magnum T.A. *Magnum T.A. was eliminated by Baron Von Raschke *Playboy Buddy Rose was eliminated by Mr. Wrestling II *Chris Markoff was eliminated by Mr. Wrestling II *Mr. Wrestling II was eliminated by Baron Von Raschke *[I]Baron Von Raschke won a battle royal in 15:15. The final four competitors also included Mr. Wrestling II, Chris Markoff and Playboy Buddy Rose, with Mr. Wrestling II being the final elimination. Baron Von Raschke wins the United States Television title.[/I] *The Assassin was really off his game tonight. *Jimmy Golden is improving in Flying skills. *Mike Kelly is improving in Performance skills. *Playboy Buddy Rose is improving in Technical skills. *Robert Fuller is improving in Rumble skills. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]BARON VON RASCHKE CELEBRATES[/B] *Baron Von Raschke is in the ring celebrating his winning the United States Television Title [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [B][MATCH 4] Ricky Steamboat v Jerry "The King" Lawler[/B] *This was an excellent match, with plenty of back and forth action *Lawler rocked Steamboat into a corner with a series of punches *Steamboat came back with a series of chops on Lawler followed by an exchange on the mat *Steamboat brought Lawler down and started working over his back slowly *Lawler got to the ropes and surprised Steamboat with a European uppercut *Getting his second wind, Steamboat was on fire, hammering Lawler and rocking him against the ropes *Lawler turned things around with a mule kick on Steamboat *Steamboat still refused to give up, but Lawler grabbed the tights to win *[I]Jerry Lawler defeated Ricky Steamboat in 13:49 by pinfall with a handful of tights.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A[/I] [B]INTERVIEW WITH LAWLER[/B] *Tony Schiavone interviews Jerry Lawler after the match *Lawler is disgusted by how obsessed Sputnik Monroe is with destroying him *Lawler states that in response to the constant attacks, he plans to destroy the NWA's beloved poster boy Ric Flair *Lawler says he hasn't figured out yet how to keep his championship, but that he'll definitely find some way *Tony Schiavone looked lost out there. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B]INTERVIEW WITH FLAIR[/B] *Gene Okerlund interviews Ric Flair on the upcoming Title Unification Match with Jerry Lawler *Flair promises to do his best, and says Lawler needs to stop whining all the time about the CWA *Flair says he'll shut that crybaby up once and for all at Beach Blast *Gene Okerlund did not come out of this looking good. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B][MATCH 5: MAIN EVENT] Adrian Adonis v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/B] *Flair took Adonis to the mat in the opening moments, working over his leg immediately *Adonis did his best to escape Flair, luring him to the floor and ramming him into the ring post *Flair turned things around easily enough, though, hitting Adonis with a knee breaker before finishing him off *[I]Ric Flair defeated Adrian Adonis in 9:42 by submission with a Figure-Four.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B+[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[B][U]Tuesday, Week 1, June 1984[/U][/B] PNW rejected my buy out offer. Ah well, maybe next month. [B]WCCW:[/B] Frank Dusek defeated Kevin Von Erich for the WCCW American Heavyweight title [13 successful defences] [B][U]Thursday, Week 1, June 1984[/U][/B] [B]Bob Backlund Suffers Broken Neck![/B] Backlund broke his neck at last night's NJPW show in a match against Rusher Kimura. Doctors are saying that he will be out of action for at least 13 months. Insiders speculate that this could very well be the end of Backlund's active career. So first Rusher Kimura sidelines Paul Orndorff for a month, and now he sidelines Bob Backlund for over a year. I think I will be avoiding him myself, thank you very much. [B]Friday, Week 1, June 1984[/B] WCCW Sign PPV Deal with Closed Circuit U.S. (Big) [B]GCW:[/B] Tommy Rich defeated Paul Orndorff for the National Heavyweight title [18 successful defences] [B]WCCW:[/B] David Von Erich defeated Frank Dusek for the WCCW American Heavyweight title [0 successful defences] [B]PNW:[/B] Ricky Steamboat defeated Scott Irwin for the PNW Heavyweight title [0 successful defences] [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 1, June 1984 This week we are in the Mid West region where Snake Roberts will challenge Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title; the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title will not be defended tonight.

[B][U]Week in Review: TV Ratings Race[/U][/B] [CODE] [Monday] GCW In Your House U.S. Syndication Big I 4.83 PNW Unplugged TV Local - North West 0.55 [Tuesday] AWA Battering Ram ESPN 4.73 [Wednesday] World Championship Wrestling ESPN 5.20 WWF Lightning U.S. Syndication Big I 3.25 [Thursday] [Friday] AWA All-Star Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small II 7.81 WCCW: The Edge TV Local - Mid South 0.74 [Saturday] George Championship Wrestling TBS 13.05 Big Time Wrestling TV Local - North West 0.33 [Sunday] WWF Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small I 7.81 World Class Wrestling TV Local - Mid South 0.88 [/CODE]

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 2, June 1984 Held in the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, New York [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Super Olympia defeated Steve Wright in 4:42 by pinfall with a Spinebuster.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]Jerry Brisco defeated Bill Watts in 4:56 by submission with a Figure-Four.[/B] *Gary Hart did some good work at ringside. *Bill Watts was really off his game tonight. *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][MATCH 1] NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT ROUND 1 Asesinos de Infierno (The Assassin and El Satanico) v Fuller & Golden (Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden)[/B] *Decent opener that went back and forth *Fuller was having a tough time, but Golden was more than capable of picking up the slack *Assassin and Satanico tried to isolate Fuller, but were cut off by Golden *[I]Fuller & Golden defeated Asesinos de Infierno in 8:34 when Jimmy Golden defeated The Assassin by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/I] *Robert Fuller seemed off his game tonight. *Robert Fuller is improving in Rumble skills. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]VIDEO HYPE: WAHOO VERSUS FUNK[/B] *A video plays hyping the goings on in the Wahoo McDaniel vs. Dory Funk Jr. storyline. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B]CAUDLE HYPES INDIAN STRAP MATCH[/B] *At the podium, Bob Caudle hyped the upcoming Indian Strap Match at Beach Blast between Wahoo McDaniel and Dory Funk Jr. *Bob Caudle did not come out of this looking good. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [B][MATCH 2] NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT ROUND 1 The Hollywood Blondes (Eric Embry and Ken Timbs) v The Bass Brothers (Ron Bass and Don Bass)[/B] *This was a relatively lackluster match, with very few people caring that both sides fought pretty hard to move on *Embry and Timbs were doing a good job, but R. Bass and D. Bass decided to play dirty and were able to advance *[I]The Bass Brothers defeated The Hollywood Blondes in 6:36 when Ron Bass defeated Ken Timbs by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.[/I] [I]Rating: D[/I] [B]THE RUSSIANS TAUNT FLAIR AND STEAMBOAT[/B] *The Russians have an interview in which they taunt Flair and Steamboat. *Comrade Dink helped Ivan during this segment. *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Comrade Dink helped Nikita during this segment. *This segment lifted the crowd. *Nikita Koloff is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 3] NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT ROUND 1 The Kelly Twins (Pat Kelly and Mike Kelly) v The Blackjacks (Blackjack Lanza and Blackjack Mulligan)[/B] *This was another lackluster match *P. Kelly and M. Kelly put up a decent fight at first, but were no match for ring veterans Lanza and Mulligan *[I]The Blackjacks defeated The Kelly Twins in 4:55 when Blackjack Lanza defeated Mike Kelly by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/I] *Blackjack Mulligan seemed off his game tonight. *Blackjack Mulligan looked good out there. *Pat Kelly is improving in Rumble skills. *Pat Kelly is improving in Performance skills. *Blackjack Lanza is improving in Performance skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Technical skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: D[/I] [B]INTERVIEW WITH THE BLACKJACKS[/B] *The Blackjacks cut an interview with Gene Okerlund, hyping themselves. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving at acting. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [B][MATCH 4] UNITED STATES TELEVISION TITLE BOUT Magnum T.A. v Baron Von Raschke (c)[/B] *Working extra hard to save the show, Magnum and Baron put on a hell of a performance here *Baron countered Magnum's powerhouse offensive by taking him to the mat *Baron worked over Magnum's arms in an attempt to nullify the Belly-To-Belly Suplex *Magnum eventually got away, but the damage was done, which allowed Baron to dictate the pace of the match *Baron was picking Magnum apart until he got his second wind *Magnum was on fire, countering everything Baron threw at him *Baron, fed up with Magnum, walked out for the count out, all the while getting pelted by debris from the fans *[I]Magnum T.A. defeated Baron Von Raschke in 10:44 by count out.[/I] *Magnum T.A. and Baron Von Raschke have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [B]FLAIR AND STEAMBOAT ARE READY[/B] *Flair and Steamboat had an interview hyping their upcoming tag match with The Russians. *Ricky Steamboat could use something to freshen his character up. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B][MATCH 5: MAIN EVENT] The Russians (Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff) v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat[/B] *Flair and Steamboat were driven by the desire for revenge here, but Ivan and Nikita were both tough customers *Steamboat laid into Ivan and Nikita, but was eventually stopped thanks to interference from Comrade Dink *Flair managed to get the upper-hand for a time, but was stopped due to more interference from Dink, who in turn was ejected from ringside *Dink protested, but Sputnik Monroe came out to remove him from the building *Nikita took control of the match, cleaning house and laying out Flair and Steamboat both *Flair brought the big man down with a low blow, earning a warning from the referee *Hot tags to Ivan and Steamboat; Steamboat cleans house and wipes the floor with The Russians *[I]Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat defeated The Russians in 17:36 when Ricky Steamboat defeated Ivan Koloff by pinfall with a Flying Bodypress.[/I] *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Nikita Koloff was visibly tiring toward the end. *This match lifted the crowd. *Ricky Steamboat is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B-[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT] [QUOTE=Doug Dunvegan]That was far too close for comfort! Thankfully, the great chemistry between Magnum T.A. and Baron Von Raschke turned the show around, and the excellent main event rounded things off to save the show. Yes, way too close.[/QUOTE]

[B][U]Thursday, Week 2, June 1984[/U][/B] [B]WCCW:[/B] Chris Adams defeated Buddy Jack Roberts for the WCCW Texas Heavyweight title [7 successful defences] [B][U]Friday, Week 2, June 1984[/U][/B] [B]GCW:[/B] Les Thornton defeated Ronnie Garvin for the vacant National Television title [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 2, June 1984 This week we are in the Mid West region where Dusty Rhodes will challenge Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title; the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title will not be defended tonight. Two new tag teams were made official here: The Ladies' Men consisting of Magnum T.A. and Curt Hennig, and The Invasion consisting of Baron Von Raschke and Chris Markoff.

[B][U]Week in Review: TV Ratings Race[/U][/B] [CODE] [Monday] GCW In Your House U.S. Syndication Big I 4.71 PNW Unplugged TV Local - North West 0.48 [Tuesday] AWA Battering Ram ESPN 4.92 [Wednesday] World Championship Wrestling ESPN 5.03 WWF Lightning U.S. Syndication Big I 2.99 [Thursday] [Friday] AWA All-Star Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small II 7.92 WCCW: The Edge TV Local - Mid South 0.76 [Saturday] George Championship Wrestling TBS 13.05 Big Time Wrestling TV Local - North West 0.33 [Sunday] WWF Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small I 7.20 World Class Wrestling TV Local - Mid South 1.00 [/CODE]

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 3, June 1984 Held in the James A. Rhodes Arena in Akron, Ohio [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]The Hollywood Blondes defeated The Kelly Twins in 5:28 when Eric Embry defeated Mike Kelly by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: D+[/I] [B]The Great Kabuki defeated Bill Watts in 4:32 by pinfall with a Heart Kick.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][MATCH 1] NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT SEMI-FINAL Fuller & Golden (Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden) v The Blackjacks (Blackjack Lanza and Blackjack Mulligan)[/B] *Lanza and Mulligan were working very well together tonight, though Fuller and Golden gave them a run for their money to be sure *Isolating Lanza, Fuller and Golden tried to pick him apart, but were stopped by Mulligan's intervention *Mulligan was on fire as he cleaned house; Lanza kept Golden busy as Mulligan finished off Fuller *[I]The Blackjacks defeated Fuller & Golden in 10:35 when Blackjack Mulligan defeated Robert Fuller by submission with a Blackjack Clawhold.[/I] *Jimmy Golden looked good out there. *Robert Fuller is improving in Rumble skills. *Blackjack Lanza is improving in Performance skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]ORNDORFF ASSAULTS WRIGHT[/B] *Paul Orndorff attacks Steve Wright backstage, and leaves him down and out. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [B][MATCH 2] Steve Wright v Paul Orndorff[/B] *Wright gave it his all, but even on his best day, would likely be no match for Orndorff *Orndorff completely dominated this match thanks to the backstage attack combined with his experience *[I]Paul Orndorff defeated Steve Wright in 2:43 by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/I] *Paul Orndorff came out of the match looking good. *This match lifted the crowd. *Steve Wright is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]ADRIAN ADONIS PROMO[/B] *Adrian Adonis had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Dusty Rhodes. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 3] NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT SEMI-FINAL Roop & Hunter (Bob Roop and Rick Hunter) v The Bass Brothers (Ron Bass and Don Bass)[/B] *R. Bass and D. Bass quickly isolated Hunter, using their superior teamwork to get an advantage *Roop tried to rally his partner, but Hunter was hurting from the double-teaming *Hunter evnetually levelled R. Bass with a desperation clothesline, and both men made hot tags *Roop came in and cleaned house to help his team advance *[I]Roop & Hunter defeated The Bass Brothers in 7:02 when Bob Roop defeated Don Bass by pinfall with a Running Powerslam.[/I] *Bob Roop seemed off his game tonight. *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Ron Bass is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]MAGNUM T.A. PROMO[/B] *Magnum T.A. had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Baron Von Raschke. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C-[/I] [B][MATCH 4] UNITED STATES TELEVISION TITLE BOUT Magnum T.A. v Baron Von Raschke (c)[/B] *Magnum was really annoyed by Baron's walking out last week, and showed his annoyance by laying into Baron with a vicious offensive *Baron countered Magnum by taking him to the mat, but was not strong enough to keep him down *Magnum rocked Baron against the ropes, hitting a series of stiff punches *Baron tried to walk out for the count out again, but Magnum gave chase *Catching Baron, Magnum dragged him back to ringside and rammed him head-first into the ring post *Magnum was poised to win the championship as he tossed Baron back into the ring and moved in for the kill *Baron had other plans, though, and secretly pulled out brass knuckles, knocking Magnum silly without referee Pee Wee Anderson knowing *Baron went through the motions of putting Magnum in a hold after ditching the brass knuckles, but it was academic at this point *[I]Baron Von Raschke defeated Magnum T.A. in 13:53 by submission after blatantly cheating. Baron Von Raschke makes defence number 1 of his United States Television title.[/I] *Magnum T.A. and Baron Von Raschke have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [B]INTERVIEW WITH WAHOO MCDANIEL[/B] *Gene Okerlund interviews Wahoo McDaniel on the upcoming bout against Dory Funk Jr.. In it, Wahoo promises to do his best. *Gene Okerlund did not come out of this looking good. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B]DUSTY RHODES PROMO[/B] *Dusty Rhodes had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Adrian Adonis. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 5: MAIN EVENT] Adrian Adonis v "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes[/B] *This was a good brawl *Adonis took the fight to the floor where he busted Rhodes open on the ring steps *Rhodes countered Adonis and whipped him into the guard rail *Once back in the ring, Adonis fought hard, but Rhodes got his second wind and took control of the match *[I]Dusty Rhodes defeated Adrian Adonis in 17:36 by submission with a Weaver Lock.[/I] *Adrian Adonis and Dusty Rhodes have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A*[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[B][U]Tuesday, Week 3, June 1984[/U][/B] [B]GCW:[/B] Mr. Wrestling II and Bob Armstrong defeated Hansen & Rich (Stan Hansen and Tommy Rich) for the National Tag Team titles [23 successful defences] [B][U]Friday, Week 3, June 1984[/U][/B] Adrian Adonis got injured at last night's NJPW show during a tag team match. Thankfully, it is a minor injury that he will be able to work through. [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 3, June 1984 This week we are in the South West region where Jerry Brisco will challenge Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title; the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title will not be defended tonight.

Beach Blast '84 [SIZE="3"][B]Beach Blast[/B][/SIZE] Saturday, Week 3, June 1984 LIVE from the Orange County Convention and Civic Center in Orlando, Florida [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Eric Embry defeated Playboy Buddy Rose in 4:44 by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *Eric Embry is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]Dusty Rhodes defeated Bill Watts in 4:56 by submission with a Figure-Four.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]PAY-PER-VIEW HYPE[/B] *Bob Caudle, Tony Schiavone, and Gene Okerlund hype the upcoming pay-per-view during the pre-show. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: D+[/I] [B]MR. MONROE GREETS THE CROWD[/B] *Sputnik Monroe makes his way down to the ring, welcomes the fans, and hypes the upcoming show. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][MATCH 1] Mr. Wrestling II v Snake Roberts[/B] *This was an excellent mat-based fight, with Mr. Wrestling II trying to counter Snake's brawling with technical mastery *Mr. Wrestling II held his own well enough, but Snake eventually turned the match in his favor *[I]Snake Roberts defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 5:32 by pinfall with a DDT.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. *Snake Roberts is improving in Rumble skills. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]MR. MONROE CHANGES THE RULES[/B] *Sputnik Monroe comes down to the ring and annoucnes that, after some lengthy discussions with the NWA Championship Committee, it has been decided that the rule that the World Heavyweight Title may only be contested in a Two-Out-Of-Three-Falls Match is unnecessary and thus thrown out *Sputnik Monroe did not come out of this looking good. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 2] NWA WORLD JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Steve Wright v Hector Guerrero (c)[/B] *This was a straightforward and uneventful technical match *The wrestling was good, but no one cared all that much for Wright or Guerrero *[I]Hector Guerrero defeated Steve Wright in 2:33 by pinfall with a Butterfly Suplex. Hector Guerrero makes defence number 4 of his NWA World Junior Heavyweight title.[/I] [I]Rating: D+[/I] [B]ORNDORFF CELEBRATES HIMSELF[/B] *Paul Orndorff is celebrating himself backstage, talking about how great he is and then ripping his shirt off to show his muscles [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: A[/I] [B]ORNDORFF TAUNTS HIS NEXT VICTIM[/B] *Orndorff taunts his next opponent, Super Olympia, stating that he'll easily beat him within five minutes [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 3] The Ladies' Men (Magnum T.A. and Curt Hennig) v The Invasion (Baron Von Raschke and Chris Markoff)[/B] *Magnum and Baron did most of the fighting here, their rivalry heated up by their recent matches *Magnum looked ready to win when Baron tagged out to Markoff *Hennig and Markoff wrestled pretty evenly, eventually taking each other down *After some hot tags to Magnum and Baron, Magnum cleaned house *[I]The Ladies' Men defeated The Invasion in 5:42 when Magnum T.A. defeated Baron Von Raschke by pinfall with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex.[/I] *Magnum T.A. is improving in Flying skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]JERRY LAWLER PROMO[/B] *Jerry Lawler had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ric Flair. *Lawler says he still has some cards left to play and that it ain't over for the CWA until the fat lady sings, ending his promo with a wink *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [B]ORNDORFF ASSAULTS OLYMPIA[/B] *Paul Orndorff attacks Super Olympia backstage, and leaves him down and out. [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 4] Super Olympia v Paul Orndorff[/B] *Orndorff intentionally over-sold Olympia's vain offensive in response to his stumbling out hurt from the backstage attack *Orndorff got booed out of the building for his actions, so he stopped messing around and squashed Olympia *[I]Paul Orndorff defeated Super Olympia in 4:08 by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 5] Steve Keirn v Greg "The Hammer" Valentine[/B] *Keirn tried his best in this match, but Valentine was on top of his game tonight *Keirn had several good offensive runs, but was stopped and nailed each time by Valentine *Keirn tried to get a second wind, but was again stopped by Valentine, who clobbered him and beat him down in the corner *[I]Greg Valentine defeated Steve Keirn in 6:33 by pinfall with a Hammer Elbow Drop.[/I] [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]FUNK HYPES MATCH WITH WAHOO[/B] *Dory Funk Jr. had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Wahoo McDaniel. *Funk says that it's time for Wahoo to book a room at the retirement home because he'd be going there after the match *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 6] INDIAN STRAP MATCH "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel v Dory Funk Jr.[/B] *Wahoo immediately went on the offensive here, beating Funk into the corner and stomping him *Wahoo proceeded to choke Funk with the strap, going even further by throwing him over the top rope and hanging him in a way *Wahoo was clearly in control for much of the match, but then Funk turned it around with a low blow *Funk started in on Wahoo now, whipping him with the strap and yelling at him to give up and get out *Funk then returned the favor from earlier and choked Wahoo mercilessly with the strap, also giving him a knee to the groin *Wahoo threw Funk off, and there was a brawl between the two in which both were busted open in short order *Wahoo got the upper-hand for a short time, but Funk continued to fight dirty, gaining an advantage *Wahoo got a second wind and went off on Funk, hitting him with a series of knifehand chops that left welts on Funk's chest *Wahoo was ready to take the win when Funk pulled a bottle out of his trunks and put the contents on his hands *Funk caught Wahoo in a sleeperhold, holding it as a choke while he covered Wahoo's face with one hand *Wahoo quickly lost his strength and seemed to pass out despite referee Pee Wee Anderson breaking it up *Funk followed up with the Funk Spinning Toe Hold, and the referee quickly called for the bell *[I]Dory Funk Jr. defeated Wahoo McDaniel in 14:37 by submission with a Funk Spinning Toe Hold.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. *Dory Funk Jr. is improving in Rumble skills. [I]Rating: A[/I] [B]RIC FLAIR PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Jerry Lawler. *Flair told Lawler that is was time to let go of the past, time to stand up and take it like a man *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [B]WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP HYPE[/B] *At the podium, Bob Caudle hypes the upcoming match between Roop & Hunter and The Blackjacks for the vacant World Tag Team Titles [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 7] NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE TOURNAMENT FINAL Roop & Hunter (Bob Roop & Rick Hunter) v The Blackjacks (Blackjack Lanza and Blackjack Mulligan)[/B] *Roop and Mulligan started things off, wrestling for position and setting the pace *Mulligan isolated Roop in his team's corner, where he and Lanza started double-teaming him *Hunter was held back by referee Tommy Young as Lanza and Mulligan picked Roop apart *Roop eventually made a hot tag to Hunter, who entered the ring and laid out both Lanza and Mulligan *The advantage was not to last as Lanza turned the match around and the double-teaming with Mulligan continued *In the end, Lanza tagged in Mulligan to finish off Hunter while he knocked Roop to the floor *[I]The Blackjacks defeated Roop & Hunter in 10:31 when Blackjack Mulligan defeated Rick Hunter by pinfall with a Piledriver. The Blackjacks win the NWA World Tag Team titles.[/I] *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Blackjack Mulligan seemed off his game tonight. *Bob Roop came out of the match looking good. *Rick Hunter looked good out there. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Technical skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]INTERVIEW WITH THE NEW CHAMPIONS[/B] *The Blackjacks cut an interview with Gene Okerlund, hyping themselves. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 8] GRUDGE MATCH Ricky Steamboat v Harley Race[/B] *Steamboat was full of rage heading into this match, calling Race a traitor to his country as he attacked head-on *Race calmly wrestled with Steamboat, resisting the initial offensive and then laying him out with a well-timed roundhouse right *Race began to pick Steamboat apart, having let him lose his way with his anger *Steamboat was in trouble, but he started to realize what mistakes he had made, and so he fought back hard against Race *Race would not go down without a fight, though, and trapped Steamboat in a corner before hitting a series of punches *Steamboat got his second wind and was soon on fire as he assaulted Race faster than he could react, turning the whole match around *[I]Ricky Steamboat defeated Harley Race in 9:43 by pinfall with a Flying Bodypress.[/I] *Ricky Steamboat and Harley Race have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A*[/I] [B]MAIN EVENT HYPE[/B] *Back at the podium, Bob Caudle hyped the upcoming main event Title Unification Match between CWA Southern Heavyweight Champion Jerry Lawler and World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair *Caudle went over the history of this feud, talking about how Lawler had evaded the Title Unification Match so many times in the past *Caudle said that this could be a turning point for the NWA as Lawler and Flair were considered two of the most popular wrestlers in the world *Caudle states that with the NWA Championship Committee watching this, Lawler is unable to use any dirty tricks to stop this match [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: B[/I][/FONT] [QUOTE][CENTER] [SIZE="3"][B][MAIN EVENT][/B][/SIZE] [CENTER] [IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/Championships/CWASouthernHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/Championships/NWAWorldHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/JerryLawler.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/VS.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [/CENTER][/QUOTE] [size=3]CWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Title Unification Match[/size] [B]Jerry "The King" Lawler (c) v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair (c)[/B] They lock up. Jerry Lawler and Ric Flair wrestle for position. Flair throws Lawler into the ropes and takes him down with a shoulderblock. Lawler gets up, ducks a clothesline attempt, and hits a series of punches in the stomach. Flair catches Lawler in a side headlock. Lawler breaks free with a series of punches to the stomach on Flair. Lawler runs into the ropes, misses a clothesline attempt, then gets taken to the mat by a shoulderblock by Flair. Flair puts Lawler in a rear chinlock, slowing the pace down and grounding the match. Lawler reaches the ropes, and Flair gives him a knee to the back. Lawler rolls to the outside to assess the situation as Flair struts around the ring. Lawler gets back in the ring after making referee Tommy Young pull Flair back. Flair moves in, and Lawler hits a European uppercut. Lawler nails Flair with a series of punches, knocking him into the corner. Lawler gives Flair a chop, and he responds with a "WOOOOOO!" Flair grabs Lawler and throws him into the corner before giving him a series of vicious chops. Lawler stumbled out of the corner, and Flair takes him down with a small package for a two-count. Lawler gets up and trades blows with Flair. Flair takes Lawler down with a drop toe hold and starts working over his legs. Flair kicks Lawler in the back of the calf while holding the leg, then pulls it down backward to hurt him. Lawler tries kicking Flair away, but fails. Flair continues working over the leg, draping it over the bottom rope and stomping it. Flair does that to Lawler several times before kicking him in the knee. Ric Flair goes for the Figure-Four, but Jerry Lawler kicks him off! Flair comes back, but Lawler rises and hits a desperation lariat. Both men are down, and the referee starts counting them out. Lawler is the first to rise, at 5, and he grabs Flair and whips him into the turnbuckle. Flair comes out of the corner, and Lawler rocks him with a European uppercut. Lawler hits a series of jabs, then whips Flair out of the ring through the ropes. Flair gets up, and Lawler nails him with a baseball slide. Lawler goes after Flair, grabbing him and ramming him face-first into the ring post. Flair is busted open! Lawler slams Flair's head on the ring steps, then whips him into the guardrail. The referee forces them back into the ring. Lawler goes to the top turnbuckle, but Flair rises and shakes the ropes, crotching him. Flair then goes for a superplex, but Lawler counters with a front-layout superplex. Jerry Lawler executes the Flying Fist Drop on Ric Flair! Lawler goes for the pin, referee Tommy Young counts: one, two, KICKOUT! Lawler complains about a slow count, and Flair pulls him down in an inside cradle for a near-fall. Lawler is furious and responds by rocking Flair with a series of punches. Lawler then grinds his knuckles in Flair's open wound, causing him to scream in pain. Lawler puts Flair in an armbar submission, from which he escapes after about 20 seconds. Lawler pulls Flair up, and falls victim to a low blow. The referee warns Flair. Both men are down, and the referee starts counting them out. Flair is the first to get up, at 8, and Lawler is up at 9. Flair and Lawler trade more blows. Flair gets the upper-hand, rocking Lawler with a series of knifehand chops. Flair then takes Lawler down with a knee breaker. Flair continues working over Lawler's leg, then pulls him up and hits another knee breaker. Ric Flair executes the Figure-Four on Jerry Lawler! Lawler tries to fight the pain. Referee Tommy Young asks Lawler if he gives up; Lawler tells him NO. Lawler's shoulders are on the mat, referee Tommy Young counts: one, two, shoulder up. Lawler reaches for the ropes, but Flair pulls him back. Referee Tommy Young asked Lawler if he gives up; Lawler shakes his head. Lawler tries to turn the move, but fails. Lawler tries to hit Flair, but is out of reach. Lawler tries to fight the pain. Lawler is inching his way to the ropes; Flair pulls him back in. Lawler tries to turn the move, but fails. Referee Tommy Young asks Lawler if he gives up; Lawler spits in the referee's face. Lawler tries to turn the move, but fails. Lawler looks close to passing out from the pain. Lawler's shoulders are on the mat, referee Tommy Young counts: one, two, shoulder up. Lawler tries to summon a second wind. Lawler looks close to passing out from the pain. Lawler's shoulders are on the mat, referee Tommy Young counts: one, two, shoulder up. Lawler is very close to giving up. The bell rings; the time limit has expired. Moments after the bell rings, Lawler taps out, but it does not count! The crowd is going wild as the decision is announced: TIME LIMIT DRAW! [B]Jerry Lawler drew with Ric Flair in 30:00 when the time limit expired. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 20 of his CWA Southern Heavyweight title. Ric Flair makes defence number 18 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. Rating: A*[/B] *This match lifted the crowd. [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B+[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE=Anubis]The prediction contest was cancelled on account of no one making any predictions. I guess this diary is not yet big enough for such things. Maybe in time, eh? Anyway, if you have enjoyed this pay-per-view and the story thus far, nominate "The Dunvegan Dynasty" for Diary Of The Month! Oh, and cookie for the first person to figure out which of these matches was the MAJOR booking mistake I complained about in the General Discussions forum, heh.[/QUOTE]

[B][U]Week in Review: TV Ratings Race[/U][/B] [CODE] [Monday] GCW In Your House U.S. Syndication Big I 4.85 PNW Unplugged TV Local - North West 0.50 [Tuesday] AWA Battering Ram ESPN 4.87 [Wednesday] World Championship Wrestling ESPN 5.22 WWF Lightning U.S. Syndication Big I 3.21 [Thursday] [Friday] AWA All-Star Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small II 7.69 WCCW: The Edge TV Local - Mid South 0.74 [Saturday] George Championship Wrestling TBS 13.48 Big Time Wrestling TV Local - North West 0.33 [Sunday] WWF Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small I 7.79 World Class Wrestling TV Local - Mid South 0.97 [/CODE]

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 4, June 1984 Held in the Spring Branch Community Coliseum in Houston, Texas [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]The Russians defeated The Hollywood Blondes in 5:19 when Nikita Koloff defeated Eric Embry by pinfall with a Russian Sickle.[/B] *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *Ivan Koloff looked good out there. *The War Games storyline has continued with this match. *Ken Timbs is improving in Performance skills. *Ivan Koloff is improving in Technical skills. *Nikita Koloff is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]Bob Roop defeated Bill Watts in 4:49 by pinfall with a Running Powerslam.[/B] *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Bill Watts seemed off his game tonight. *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]FUNK TAUNTS WAHOO[/B] *Dory Funk Jr. comes to the ring with several pamphlets in his hand *On the mic, he explains he has several brochures from various retirement homes to give to Wahoo McDaniel *Funk laughs and says he beat Wahoo in his own match, proving him right *Dory Funk Jr. could use something to freshen his character up. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 1] HCW NATIONWIDE TITLE BOUT UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT TITLE UNIFICATION MATCH Jesse "The Body" Ventura (c) v Doug Dunvegan (c)[/B] *Ventura overpowered Dunvegan early in the match, taking control *Ventura tried to win it early, but Dunvegan fought his way up and rocked Ventura with a series of stiff punches *After rocking Ventura against the ropes, Dunvegan laid him out for a near-fall *Ventura tried to overpower Dunvegan again, but was out-maneuvered and nailed *[I]Doug Dunvegan defeated Jesse Ventura in 12:33 by pinfall with an Iron Fist. Doug Dunvegan wins the HCW Nationwide title. Doug Dunvegan makes defence number 8 of his United States Heavyweight title.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. *Jesse Ventura is improving in Rumble skills. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [B]ANNOUNCED: LAWLER V FLAIR, THE FINAL BATTLE[/B] *Sputnik Monroe comes out, fuming, ready to take care of business *Mr. Monroe says that as much as he hates it, last night's time limit draw between Jerry Lawler and Ric Flair is considered legitimate by the NWA Championship Committee *That said, Mr. Monroe has gotten permission to book a match to settle things once and for all beyond any shadow of a doubt *On that note, Mr. Monroe announced that, at the Great American Bash pay-per-view, Lawler and Flair will have a rematch, and there must be a winner *As part of the stipulations, the match will be no disqualification, no countout, no time limit, no draws whatsoever and no cheap finishes *Mr. Monroe says that Lawler's luck has run out; this will be the final Title Unification Match between Lawler and Flair *Sputnik Monroe did not come out of this looking good. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 2] UNITED STATES TELEVISION TITLE BOUT Steve Wright v Baron Von Raschke (c)[/B] *This was not much of a match as Baron basically squashed Wright *[I]Baron Von Raschke defeated Steve Wright in 4:32 by submission with a Claw. Baron Von Raschke makes defence number 2 of his United States Television title.[/I] *Steve Wright and Baron Von Raschke don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. [I]Rating: D[/I] [B]MAGNUM SAVES WRIGHT[/B] *Steve Wright is being attacked by Baron Von Raschke in the ring. Seeing the assault, Magnum T.A. comes running in and chases Baron off, saving Wright from a serious beating. *Magnum T.A. came across well. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: D+[/I] [B][MATCH 3] HCW NATIONAL TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT TITLE UNIFICATION MATCH Subbacultcha (Matt Borne and Super Destroyer) (c) v The Blackjacks (Blackjack Lanza and Blackjack Mulligan) (c)[/B] *Lanza and Borne started things off *Borne lured Lanza to his team's corner and made the tag to Destroyer *Destroyer immediately took control of the match; Mulligan tried to save Lanza, but both were dominated *Destroyer looked poised to win it all for his team as Borne cheered him on *Once Lanza was down and seeming out, Borne asked to get tagged in to finish the job himself *Lanza was only playing possum, and he and Mulligan quickly isolated Borne *Lanza then took Destroyer to the floor as Mulligan finished Borne off *[I]The Blackjacks defeated Subbacultcha in 9:44 when Blackjack Mulligan defeated Matt Borne by pinfall with a Piledriver. The Blackjacks win the HCW National Tag Team titles. The Blackjacks make defence number 1 of their NWA World Tag Team titles.[/I] *Super Destroyer came out of the match looking good. *Super Destroyer is improving in Technical skills. *Blackjack Lanza is improving in Performance skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Technical skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]HYPE VIDEO: PAUL ORNDORFF[/B] *A music video is shown to promote the power and fury that is Paul Orndorff. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B]ORNDORFF AMBUSHES VALENTINE[/B] *Paul Orndorff attacks Greg Valentine backstage, and leaves him down and out. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 4] Greg "The Hammer" Valentine v Paul Orndorff[/B] *As usual, Orndorff was arrogant as the match was won before it even started thanks to the backstage attack on Valentine *Valentine put up quite an effort, but was soon overwhelmed by Orndorff *[I]Paul Orndorff defeated Greg Valentine in 6:47 by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [B]MAIN EVENT HYPE[/B] *At the podium, Bob Caudle hypes the upcoming main event Title Unification Match between Gino Hernandez and Ric Flair [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 5: MAIN EVENT] HCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT TITLE UNIFICATION MATCH Gino Hernandez (c) v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair (c)[/B] *This was an explosive and even match *Flair took Hernandez to the mat quickly, but the wrestling was fairly even the entire time *Hernandez gained an advantage and laid into Flair, trapping him in a corner for several moments *The fight eventually spilled to the outside where Hernandez planned to use the ring steps, but it backfired as Flair turned the plan around on him *Flair turned the match around, tossed Hernandez back into the ring, and then moved in for the kill *[I]Ric Flair defeated Gino Hernandez in 17:39 by submission with a Figure-Four. Ric Flair wins the HCW World Heavyweight title. Ric Flair makes defence number 19 of his NWA World Heavyweight title.[/I] *Gino Hernandez and Ric Flair have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. *The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

So who was it? Obviously it wasn't Orndorff, because he has won again. I was thinking Lawler and Flair, but it was a tie, so that's out. I think you said it was definately a single's, so that leaves all the tag teams out. Considering This card, I'm going to go with it being Dory Funk Jr. getting the win on accident. What kind of cookie is it? Did I win it? Or was it too late for me to guess after waiting for another hint? Did I even get the hint right? (Dory looking at retirement paper's for Wahoo, is where I'm getting it from).

[B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 4, June 1984 This week we are in the Mid South region where The Family will challenge The Blackjacks for the NWA World Tag Team Titles while Dory Funk Jr. challenges Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title; the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title will not be defended tonight.

[B][U]Saturday, Week 4, June 1984[/U][/B] Snake Roberts was fined for arriving late to last night's event; that makes strike two at Discipline Level 1. [B][U]Week in Review: TV Ratings Race[/U][/B] [CODE] [Monday] GCW In Your House U.S. Syndication Big I 4.78 PNW Unplugged TV Local - North West 0.49 [Tuesday] AWA Battering Ram ESPN 4.91 [Wednesday] World Championship Wrestling ESPN 5.37 WWF Lightning U.S. Syndication Big I 2.99 [Thursday] [Friday] AWA All-Star Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small II 7.99 WCCW: The Edge TV Local - Mid South 0.73 [Saturday] George Championship Wrestling TBS 13.19 Big Time Wrestling TV Local - North West 0.33 [Sunday] WWF Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small I 7.75 World Class Wrestling TV Local - Mid South 0.95 [/CODE]

June 1984 End of Month Report This was a most profitable month for sure. [CODE] PPV Revenue: $ 874,248 Ticket Sales: $1,492,620 Sponsors: $ 150,469 Merchandise: $ 404,800 Workers: -$ 523,251 Show Costs: -$ 290,000 Marketing: -$ 25,000 Merchandise: -$ 240,020 Production: -$ 64,000 Misc.: -$ 873,073 ======================== Performance: $ 906,793 Cash: $3,777,223 [/CODE]

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;294083]Considering This card, I'm going to go with it being Dory Funk Jr. getting the win on accident.[/QUOTE] Correct. I was using the "DOTT - Feud Blow Off, Indian Strap" storyline, and I forgot to put any road agent notes for the actual final match. I am [i]such[/i] an airhead! :p [QUOTE=djthefunkchris;294083]What kind of cookie is it? Did I win it? Or was it too late for me to guess after waiting for another hint? Did I even get the hint right? (Dory looking at retirement paper's for Wahoo, is where I'm getting it from).[/QUOTE] You get a . . . *cough*cyber*cough* chocalate chip cookie! It's waiting for you at the MACW offices . . . Be sure to pick it up by July 4, 1984! >.> <.< :D Hmmm . . . The bad news is, it might be expired by now! :cool:

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 1, July 1984 Held in the Spratt Stadium in St. Joseph, Missouri [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]The Russians defeated The Kelly Twins in 4:53 when Nikita Koloff defeated Pat Kelly by pinfall with a Russian Sickle.[/B] *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *The performance of Ivan Koloff stood out as being good. *The War Games storyline has continued with this match. *Nikita Koloff is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]Mr. Wrestling II defeated Bill Watts in 4:31 by submission with a Sleeperhold.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][MATCH 1] Curt Hennig v Gino Hernandez[/B] *This was one of the best opening matches in MACW history by far *A highly technical bout, there was plenty of back and forth action and reversals early on *Neither man could get the upper-hand for much of the match, with Hernandez catching Hennig off guard several times while Hennig took Hernandez down to counter *Hernandez eventually took control after a low blow, but then Hennig got a second wind and turned the match around *Hernandez tried to lay Hennig out, but missed and got nailed himself *[I]Curt Hennig defeated Gino Hernandez in 11:51 by pinfall with a Hennig-plex.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A[/I] [B]LAWLER AND RACE TAUNT FLAIR AND STEAMBOAT[/B] *Jerry Lawler and Harley Race cut a promo against Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat, taunting them *Lawler promises that Flair will not get the last laugh *Race says that it's time for revenge on Steamboat *Bobby Heenan helped Race during this segment. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [B][MATCH 2] Super Olympia v Dory Funk Jr.[/B] *Olympia tried taking Funk to the mat, but got schooled *This was pretty much a squash which showed just how sadistic Funk can be *[I]Dory Funk Jr. defeated Super Olympia in 6:31 by submission with a Funk Spinning Toe Hold.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]FUNK ATTACKS, WAHOO SAVES[/B] *Super Olympia is being attacked by Dory Funk Jr. in the ring. Seeing the assault, Wahoo McDaniel comes running in and chases Funk off, saving Olympia from a serious beating. *Dory Funk Jr. could use something to freshen his character up. *Super Olympia was very underwhelming. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C+[/I] [B][MATCH 3] UNITED STATES TELEVISION TITLE BOUT Steve Keirn v Baron Von Raschke (c)[/B] *Baron was on top of his game tonight, but so was Keirn *The two put on a great match on the mat, with Baron eventually getting the upper-hand on Keirn *Baron took control of the match for several minutes, slowly wearing Keirn down *Keirn, however, managed a couple of reversals and then started turning the match around *Baron, frustrated, grabbed a chair from ringside and nailed Keirn without, getting himself disqualified *[I]Steve Keirn defeated Baron Von Raschke in 10:55 by disqualification.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]WAHOO SWEARS REVENGE QUEST[/B] *Wahoo McDaniel is interviewed by Gene Okerlund and says he has no intention of retiring *Wahoo calls Dory Funk Jr. a dirty dog for using chloroform to win the match at Beach Blast *Wahoo makes a vow that he will never rest until he has destroyed Funk *Wahoo McDaniel could use something to freshen his character up. *Gene Okerlund looked lost out there. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 4] Snake Roberts and "Playboy" Buddy Rose v "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes and Greg "The Hammer" Valentine[/B] *This match was disappointing given the big names involved *There was plenty of decent teamwork on both sides, but the match was lackluster at best *Valentine was the man to get the pin after taking out Rose *[I]Dusty Rhodes and Greg Valentine defeated Snake Roberts and Playboy Buddy Rose in 7:43 when Greg Valentine defeated Playboy Buddy Rose by pinfall with a Hammer Elbow Drop.[/I] *Snake Roberts is improving in Rumble skills. *Playboy Buddy Rose is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]FLAIR AND STEAMBOAT ANSWER LAWLER AND RACE[/B] *Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat cut a promo in which they hype the upcoming match against Jerry Lawler and Harley Race *Flair says that he will defeat Lawler tonight, and then win the Title Unification Match at the Great American Bash pay-per-view *Steamboat says that Race is past his prime and that he should be careful who he picks fights with in the future *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [B]MAIN EVENT HYPE[/B] *At the podium, Bob Caudle hypes the upcoming main event match in which the team of Jerry Lawler and Harley Race will face the team of Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 5: MAIN EVENT] Jerry "The King" Lawler and Harley Race v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat[/B] *Race and Flair started things off with a bang, trading punches *Flair eventually took Race to the mat, slowing down the pace a bit *Flair soon started working over Race's legs, but was kicked away *Race tags Lawler in, and then proceed to double-team Flair *Steamboat broke up the fight by nailing them all with a flying cross-body block *Steamboat rolled out of the ring, and Flair was the second to his feet *Flair worked over Lawler now, hitting a series of chops before taking him down with a knee breaker and working over his leg *Flair tagged out to Steamboat, and the two double-teamed Lawler *Race entered the ring to break it up, but was laid out by Steamboat who then tossed him out of the ring through the ropes *Flair and Steamboat continued to assault Lawler, making quick tags, but Lawler soon turned the match around with a low blow on Steamboat *After controlling the match for a couple moments, Steamboat and Lawler took each other down with a double clothesline *On the floor, Flair whipped Bobby Heenan into Race, wiping them both out *Steamboat and Lawler both went for hot tags, but Race was still down on the floor, leaving him hurting and at Flair's mercy *Flair kicked and stomped Lawler's knee, then hit a knee breaker and moved in for the kill *[I]Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat defeated Jerry Lawler and Harley Race in 14:31 when Ric Flair defeated Jerry Lawler by submission with a Figure-Four.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. *Jerry Lawler is improving in Rumble skills. [I]Rating: A*[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: A[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[B][U]Wednesday, Week 1, July 1984[/U][/B] Snake Roberts has been suspended for one week for arriving late to Monday's World Championship Wrestling; that makes strike three at Discipline Level 1. In others news, PNW accepted my buy out offer of $2,000,000, and so another one bites the dust. With this, most of the territories have been consolidated under a single entity, making the NWA stronger than ever. The only territories remaining in the United States are the Central States promotion, GCW, AWA, WCCW, and of course the WWF. We are reaching the climax! [CODE] [B]The Popularity Race[/B] MACW WWF AWA GCW WCCW [Great Lakes ]: [COLOR="green"]B-[/COLOR] [COLOR="Yellow"]C+ C+ C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]D[/COLOR] [Mid Atlantic]: [COLOR="green"]B-[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+ C+ C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="sienna"]D-[/COLOR] [Mid South ]: [COLOR="green"]B-[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+ C+ C+ C+[/COLOR] [Mid West ]: [COLOR="green"]B-[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+ C+ C+ C[/COLOR] [New England ]: [COLOR="yellow"]C+ C+ C+ C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="sienna"]D-[/COLOR] [North West ]: [COLOR="green"]B-[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+ C+ C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="sienna"]D-[/COLOR] [South East ]: [COLOR="green"]B-[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+ C+ C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="sienna"]D[/COLOR] [South West ]: [COLOR="green"]B-[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+ C+ C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="sienna"]D[/COLOR] [Tri State ]: [COLOR="yellow"]C+ C+ C+ C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="sienna"]D-[/COLOR] [Puerto Rico ]: [COLOR="yellow"]C+ C+ C+ C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] [/CODE] [B][U]Friday, Week 1, July 1984[/U][/B] I signed Black Man to a Pay-Per-Appearance deal today. [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 1, July 1984 This week we are in the South East region where The Hollywood Blondes will challenge The Blackjacks for the NWA World Tag Team Titles while Dusty Rhodes challenges Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title; the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title will not be defended tonight.

Archived