[Death of the Territories] The Dunvegan Dynasty (MACW)

World Championship Wrestling Rating: 0.96 [I](ESPN)[/I] Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Rating: 0.82 [I](U.S. Syndication Medium II)[/I] [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 3, July 1983 The usual weekly tour show. Asesinos de Infierno challenge The Brisco Brothers for the NWA Tag Team Titles while Paul Orndorff challenges Harley Race for the NWA World Heavyweight Title.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]World Championship Wrestling[/B] Monday, Week 4, July 1983 Dick Slater and Ric Flair are more than ready for their match, which will take place next week. They both had matches to warm up this week, and both have the momentum to win it. This should be a great match. As for Harley Race, he is defending the NWA World Heavyweight Title against an unlikely contender: Jay Youngblood. Ricky Steamboat was going to be the challenger, but he passed the shot to his tag team partner in order to let himself get some rest. Terry Funk and Dory Funk Jr. went at it again, this time with Terry winning thanks to Dory getting himself disqualified for using a weapon. This one is going to get really messy before too long. As for the big news, it was revealed shortly before the main event that Dusty Rhodes would be returning after having been injured for a while now. To cement that return, he shows up and issues a challenge for the NWA World Heavyweight Title to end the show!

Jos Leduc and Dusty Rhodes are back, so I finally pretty much everything I need to continue my quest to overthrow Vince McMahon and the WWF. [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] Wednesday, Week 4, July 1983 The story continues at last, with a match with me defending the Mid-Atlantic Television Title against Jos Leduc getting announced tonight. Other than that, just some good wrestling.

World Championship Wrestling Rating: 1.05 [I](ESPN)[/I] Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Rating: 0.81 [I](U.S. Syndication Medium II)[/I] [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 4, July 1983 The usual weekly tour show. The Hollywood Blondes challenge The Brisco Brothers for the NWA Tag Team Titles while Wahoo McDaniel challenges Harley Race for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. One of these days, I might actually surprise people during one of these tour shows . . . After the show, I learned that Ken Timbs suffered a minor injury, a Cold Shoulder. In addition, The Great Kabuki was getting overworked between his matches in MACW and his matches in WCCW, so he needed some rest.

July 1983 End of Month Report At long last, the merchandising problem has been solved. The strange thing, however, is that our sales went up 1400%, and while I am not complaining, I have no clue how it happened. Well, at least our sales have finally gotten ahead of our overhead, so it should be smooth sailing from here.

[B]News:[/B] Fumihiro Niikura Enters Wrestling Mighty Igor Retires From Wrestling The Sensational Destroyer Retires From Wrestling Bobo Brazil Retires From Wrestling The Fabulous Moolah Retires From Wrestling I once put out offers to buy out ASW, UWA, and WWA again. Given that these companies are so deep in debt that the dirt sheets are saying that they will soon be closing down, I think they may be willing to accept at this point. We shall see. I also renewed Jos Leduc's contract. In addition, I have decided to start slowly rotating some of my less valuable workers out of the promotion in order to rotate better workers in. I plan on the product being all about good wrestling with good stories. [B]World Championship Wrestling[/B] Monday, Week 1, August 1983 This is a pretty big show, definitely pay-per-view caliber. We start with Harley Race hyping himself during the pre-show. As the show starts, Dusty Rhodes is cutting a promo about tonight's match, and Race ambushes him with a chair and gives him a piledriver on the concrete floor. Rhodes's fate is unknown as Wahoo McDaniel defends the United States Heavyweight Title against Greg Valentine. After the match, Rhodes is seen getting taken out on a stretcher. Race comes out at that point and cuts a fantastic promo taunting how he injured Rhodes again and how he wished he had done more so as to end Rhodes's career. (A* Rating for the Taunt angle featuring Harley Race with Bobby Heenan) Race's nonsense brings me out to lash out at him verbally, and so I challenge him to a match right then and there. Race, ****y, accepts the challenge, but says he will not defend the NWA World Heavyweight Title in an unscheduled exhibition like this one. During the match, I surprised him with how well I could keep up with him, but was eventually overwhelmed and defeated thanks to interference from Bobby Heenan. Dory Funk Jr. and Terry Funk battled it out for a third time, and this match went to a double countout. The bad thing about this feud is that Dory and Terry do not click at all as opponents. I can not wait for this one to be over with, as this problem is badly hurting the match quality. Anyway, next up, it was revealed that Rhodes's injury was not as severe as Race had thought, and that their match for the NWA World Heavyweight Title would take place next week. Bob Caudle then hyped the main event between Dick Slater and Ric Flair. Flair wins, but is attacked by Slater after the match; Cowboy Bob Orton made the save at the end of the show, showing himself to be a good friend to Flair.

My proposals to buy ASW and UWA were rejected, but WWA finally gave in and sold for $150,000. This is the beginning of MACW's expansion, an expansion that will hopefully be able to overcome Vince McMahon and the WWF. In other news, I hired Playboy Buddy Rose, the first good worker who will be getting rotated onto the roster. I have yet to decide who will be getting released. [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] Wednesday, Week 1, August 1983 Building up to my match with Jos Leduc this week, with both me and him cutting promos hyping the match. Other than that, just some good wrestling.

World Championship Wrestling Rating: 1.14 [I](ESPN)[/I] Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Rating: 0.86 [I](U.S. Syndication Medium II)[/I] [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 1, August 1983 Standard weekly show here. This week, Steamboat & Youngblood challenge The Brisco Brothers for the NWA Tag Team Titles while Playboy Buddy Rose challenges Harley Race for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. [SIZE="1"]P.S. I was really happy after this one, as all my Main Event workers now have at least B- Momentum. Even better, thanks to being in Playboy Buddy Rose's home region, he managed to get B+ in Momentum right out of the gate. Lastly, Harley Race is definitely in good shape, with his Momentum reaching A.[/SIZE]

Given how big the roster has gotten, I once again need to trim the fat. I am pondering my options, and will soon be releasing several workers. This is in addition to my rotating roster idea from before. With any luck, I will have a healthy roster by the end of the month. I also hired WWA Heavyweight Champion Chris Markoff and WWA Tag Team Champions Spike Huber and Steve Regal in order to given their championship reigns proper closure. They will not be permanent members of the roster, though, as they are not really good enough to make the grade. [B]World Championship Wrestling[/B] Monday, Week 2, August 1983 Information: Spike Huber and Steve Regal form the team [I]Huber & Regal[/I] Things are heating up now. After dark matches I put in to establish the WWA champions and a solid opener to the main show, I was in a tag team match with Mike Rotundo against Jos Leduc and Playboy Buddy Rose. As for The Funks, Dory Funk Jr. got ahead in the feud tonight by attacking Terry Funk brutally before their match. This will certainly not go unanswered. As for the main event, Dusty Rhodes gave Harley Race a real run for his money, and prevented any and all dirty tricks. In the end, Race resorted to getting himself disqualified by hitting Rhodes with a chair in order to remain champion. Ric Flair came out and objected, also saving Rhdoes from a beating, and challenged Race for the NWA World Heavyweight Title at Clash of the Champions. Heenan grabbed the mic and immediately accepted the challenge, though Race did not look all that pleased about it. [SIZE="1"]P.S. Harley Race's Momentum took a dive, dropping down an entire grade, despite only losing by disqualification. Looks as though the issues with momentum have not been entirely settled, seeing as Dusty Rhodes had good Momentum himself with a B.[/SIZE]

Well, it is time to do some business. I renewed the contracts of Terry Funk and Cowboy Bob Orton, and then looked over the roster to see who we could get rid of. After due deliberation, I decided to release the following workers: Black Bart, Bugsy McGraw, Kelly Kiniski, One Man Gang, and Mark Fleming. There may be more people released in the near future, depending on how the roster looks . . . Oh, and Jimmy Valiant has been suspended for a week for three strikes of showing up late to shows. He may not be around much longer if he keeps that up . . . [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] Wednesday, Week 2, August 1983 In the pre-show, I made sure to solidify Chris Markoff as the WWA Heavyweight Champion and Huber & Regal as the WWA Tag Team Champions. I defended the Mid-Atlantic Television Title against Jos Leduc tonight. Due to his trickery, he managed to win, but I retained the championship because the match ended in a countout. Dory Funk Jr. interjected himself in Terry Funk's match with Wahoo McDaniel against Valentine & Koloff, screwing him over and costing him the match. The two brawled to the back after the match was over. In the main event, we had a six-man tag team match pitting Ric Flair, Cowboy Bob Orton, and Dusty Rhodes against Harley Race, Dick Slater, and Paul Orndorff. The end came when Orton slipped up and got caught by Race, who used the ropes for leverage to get the win. After the match, a smiling Race formally accepted Flair's challenge for a match for the NWA World Heavyweight Title at Clash of the Champions.

World Championship Wrestling Rating: 1.15 [I](ESPN)[/I] Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Rating: 0.96 [I](U.S. Syndication Medium II)[/I] [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 2, August 1983 Standard weekly show here. This week, Slater & Orndorff challenge The Brisco Brothers for the NWA Tag Team Titles while Dory Funk Jr. challenges Harley Race for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. I was honestly quite shocked at how great the last couple matches were on this show. Granted, I knew the workers involved were talented, but their performances exceeded all expectations. Suffice it to say, I was elated by the results; if I could put up events like that for every single show, we would defeat Vince McMahon and the WWF in no time at all.

No business to report on at the moment. Things are going pretty smoothly at this point. I am still deciding whether or not to release more workers. [B]World Championship Wrestling[/B] Monday, Week 3, August 1983 The show opened tonight with Terry Funk getting revenge on Dory Funk Jr. with a nasty beatdown backstage, softening him up for their match tonight. In their match, Dory refused to let Terry win clean, so after being unable to get the upper-hand, he walked out, losing by countout. Mr. Monroe had seen enough now, and came out to book one final match between the two for Clash of the Champions: a Barbed Wire Match, no time limit, no disqualification, no countout, winner take all. Ric Flair was interviewed by Gene Okerlund, only to get interrupted when Dick Slater stormed the stage and beat Flair down. In the main event, Steamboat & Youngblood once again went to a time limit draw with The Brisco Brothers. After the match, Steamboat & Youngblood challenged The Brisco Brothers for the NWA World Tag Team Titles once again, this time in a match with no time limit at Clash of the Champions. The Brisco Brothers accepted.

I renewed The Assassin's contract, and Gene Anderson is ready to get back to action. Other than that, not much going on. [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] Wednesday, Week 3, August 1983 The shows opens with video highlights of my match against Jos Leduc from last week. Then I had to defend the Mid-Atlantic Television Title against WWA Heavyweight Champion Chris Markoff, who defeated me to retain his own championship on World Championship Wrestling. After the match, Leduc comes out and rants on just barely missing winning the belt off me, and swears that he will not give up until he becomes Mid-Atlantic Television Champion. Huber & Regal defend the WWA Tag Team Championship against Roop & Hunter, and then it is announced that Terry Funk would be teaming with Dusty Rhodes against Dory Funk Jr. and Paul Orndorff on the next World Championship Wrestling. As a prelude to that, Orndorff faced Rhodes in the main event tonight.

I renewed Pee Wee Anderson's contract and started a working relationship with SWCW. World Championship Wrestling Rating: 1.33 [I](ESPN)[/I] Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Rating: 1.03 [I](U.S. Syndication Medium II)[/I] [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 3, August 1983 Standard weekly show here. This week, Chavo and Mando Guerrero (from SWCW and CMLL respectively) challenge The Brisco Brothers for the NWA Tag Team Titles while Tully Blanchard (from SWCW) challenges Harley Race for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Race cut an excellent promo at the end of the night. (A* Rating for the Hype angle featuring Harley Race with Bobby Heenan and Gene Okerlund)

I renewed Mike Rotundo's contract after careful deliberation. [B]World Championship Wrestling[/B] Monday, Week 4, August 1983 As the final show before the pay-per-view, things really start to heat up tonight. The show opened with Bob Caudle hyping the match for the United States Heavyweight Title between Jerry Brisco and Wahoo McDaniel. After the match, Cowboy Bob Orton is found laid out backstage. This is bad news for Ric Flair, as the two were supposed to be in a tag team match against Harley Race and Dick Slater tonight. Who will fight alongside Flair now? Next, I am forced to team with Jos Leduc against Chris Markoff and Greg Valentine, as Mr. Monroe has deemed our relations "too volatile". Leduc turns on me, of course, allowing Markoff to pin me. The two then beat me down in the ring. Who saves me? Valentine! Race and Slater come out and taunt Flair, since he will have to face them in a Handicap Match now. After they are done, it is announced that I will be teaming with Valentine at Clash of the Champions against Leduc and Markoff. Caudle hypes the big match between Terry Funk and Dusty Rhodes and Dory Funk Jr. and Paul Orndorff now, and the match itself was as chaotic as expected. Dory again cheated his way to a win, putting Terry at a disadvantage in their feud. Come main event time, Flair shows up and reveals that he has found a substitute partner: Tully Blanchard! (A* Rating for the Reveal angle featuring Ric Flair and Tully Blanchard) Unfortunately, this is not enough to get the upper-hand on the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, as Race reaches into his bag of tricks once again to screw Flair over and get the win. Flair immediately swears that he will get revenge against Race and Slater if it is the last thing he does.

I had to deal with some complications regarding Comboy Bob Orton recently. He was late to the last show, which is his third strike at Level 1, but I am unable to suspend him because his role in my main event storyline is too important. I am of the belief that I must do what is best for the company, even if it means letting some things slide that I normally would not. As such, I have merely fined Orton. I can only hope that he does not press his luck too much and that his behavior improves. [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] Wednesday, Week 4, August 1983 After another successful title defense, I am interviewed by Tony Schiavone. It is then announced that I will once again be defending the Mid-Atlantic Television Title against Jos Leduc in the near future. Other than that, Wahoo McDaniel fends off Jack Brisco, then learns during an interview with Gene Okerlund that he will be defending the United States Heavyweight Title against Tully Blanchard at Clash of the Champions. The pay-per-view is looking good!

Jos Leduc was late for yet another show, earning himself his first strike at Level 2 and a warning. I am really losing my patience with him; if he were not so damn talented, he would likely be near the top of my list of people to release. World Championship Wrestling Rating: 1.31 [I](ESPN)[/I] Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Rating: 1.03 [I](U.S. Syndication Medium II)[/I] [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 4, August 1983 Standard weekly show here. This week, Roop & Hunter challenge The Brisco Brothers for the NWA Tag Team Titles while Dusty Rhodes challenges Harley Race for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Some might think these events are not worth looking at, but I think this week's offering will show that to be an incorrect assumption . . .

Clash of the Champions II [B]August Clash of the Champions[/B] Sunday, Week 4, August 1983 Pre-Show: We once again went to the South East region of the USA, again primarily to capitalize on the popularity of Bob Roop and Rick Hunter. In the pre-show, we put up two good dark matches and then a promo by NWA World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race. We opened with a ten minute video hyping all of tonight's matches, followed by Mr. Monroe coming down and welcoming the crowd. Let the show begin! Steamboat & Youngblood cut a promo in which they declare their intentions to win the NWA World Tag Team Titles tonight. Bob Caudle, who has dropped all gimmicks, then hypes the match. The match itself was a real mess, primarily due to an unwelcome surprise in The Brisco Brothers, who interfered and caused a double countout. In what was definitely overbooked, The Brisco Brothers laid out both teams, then attacked Steamboat & Youngblood after the bell to cement their heel turns. Next, a hype video of the storyline [I]The Funks Split: The Final Chapter[/I] plays, and then we get to the match: a Last Man Standing Match. The match was a bloody brawl, and the excitement of it definitely succeeded in covering up the fact that Terry Funk and Dory Funk Jr. do not seem to click as opponents. This brings their feud to an end. Next up is a hype video for the storyline [I]Dunvegan v Leduc[/I], followed by my match with Greg Valentine against Leduc and Chris Markoff: a Texas Tornado Match. The match did not do as well with the crowd as I thought it would, partly because Leduc was off his game, but partly because Markoff just is not all that over with the MACW fans. After the match, a bloody Terry Funk is interviewed by Tony Schiavone. Tully Blanchard cuts a promo next, promising to take the United States Heavyweight Title back to SWCW with him. Bob Caudle hypes the match, and Wahoo McDaniel debuts his new "Native American Shaman" gimmick. Needless to say, Blanchard failed in his mission. I have made a note to keep my eye on Blanchard, as I feel he would make an excellent addition to the main roster. McDaniel was interviewed by Gene Okerlund after the match. The next two matches were used purely to get the crowd warmed up for the main event. First, Dick Slater defeated Jimmy Valiant cleanly. Second, Dusty Rhodes defeated Cowboy Bob Orton by disqualification when Paul Orndorff ran in and attacked Rhodes. Leading into the main event, Ric Flair cut a promo hyping the upcoming match with Harley Race for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. (A* Rating for the Hype angle involving Ric Flair and Harley Race) A hype video played detailing the events of [I]Flair for the Gold, Part 1[/I] thus far, and then Bob Caudle further hypes the main event match for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. In a definite match-of-the-year candidate, Ric Flair took Harley Race to the limit, but the match was ruined when Dick Slater interfered and attacked Flair. Though Flair won the match by disqualification, Race retained the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Race and Slater then beat down Flair. At that point, Cowboy Bob Orton ran in to cheers from the crowd, presumably to save Flair. Those cheers turned to boos, however, as Orton turned on Flair and helped Race and Slater destroy him. Flair is stretchered out, and Slater and Orton collect their bounty from a very happy Race and Bobby Heenan as the pay-per-view comes to an end. Overall, the show was a huge success, but I can not help but feel disappointed in the end result, as it was not quite the success I had hoped it would be.

• 2 weeks later...
[B]News:[/B] AJPW Rise To Cult Size MSW Action Packed To Debut SWCW Wrestling Night To Debut GCW In Your House To Debut The World Wrestling Council Ends Run I received some bad news today: Jack Brisco is planning to retire in a month. It really is upsetting to lose one of my best workers, but this is not the first time someone retired and it certainly will not be the last time someone retired. Unfortunately, I will have to change some of my plans, as I was planning a major heel run for The Brisco Brothers, and that will be the biggest problem, as I have no suitable replacements for them at this time. On other news, ASW and UWA are still floudering, so I have once again offered to buy out both promotions. I hope they accept my offers before it is too late, as without help, the legacies of these promotions will be lost forever. That can not be allowed to happen. Other than that, I am again attempting to end the hostilities between MACW and WCCW, though I am not holding my breath. [B]World Championship Wrestling[/B] Monday, Week 1, September 1983 Today, we dealt with the fallout of the main event of Clash of the Champions II. After the opener, a video played highlighting the main event and Cowboy Bob Orton's subsequent betrayal of Ric Flair; this led to an announcement that Ric Flair was injured in the brutal attack and will be sidelined indefinitely. This, of course, did not please the crowd. In the match between The Brisco Brothers and Huber & Regal, Steamboat & Youngblood interfered to cause a DQ finish. Jack Brisco and Jerry Brisco both switched to "That 70's Guy" gimmicks, and everything was a real mess with an impending major tag team division feud heating up. After the match, it was announced that next week on World Championship Wrestling, we would have a title unification match pitting WWA Tag Team Champions Huber & Regal against NWA World Tag Team Champions Roop & Hunter. At this point, Harley Race came out with Bobby Heenan, and they taunted Flair's injury. The hatred of the fans was apparent as ringside filled with debris. Race's only regret was not doing more to hurt Flair. Security had to prevent a riot by the fans at that point. After successfully defending his championship against Jimmy Valiant, it was announced that WWA Heavyweight Champion Chris Markoff would face NWA World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race next week in a second title unification match. Now Cowboy Bob Orton was interviewed by Gene Okerlund and asked to explain his actions. Orton replied that he was insulted that Flair would ask for his help but then deny him any of the spotlight. As such, the reason for accepting the hunt for the bounty was pure jealousy; Orton wanted to get out of Flair's shadow once and for all. He then said that he had no regrets and that he did not care what the fans thought. In a fantastic main event, Paul Orndorff put on a wrestling clinic with Ricky Steamboat, and the winner would get a shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Title sometime in the near future on World Championship Wrestling. Steamboat did well and looked poised to win the whole thing when The Brisco Brothers interfered and cost him the match. This caused yet another brawl to end the show.

My proposals to buy ASW and UWA were rejected yet again, which probably means the end for both promotions unless they can manage to climb out of their respective holes in under a month. WCCW also turned down my offer of peace, so a showdown is very likely inevitable. In other news, Dick Slater was late to the last show, and thus got a warning. I am not certain what I should do with these workers who think that they can just come and go as they please, it is really bothersome when trying to become a national powerhouse. Sooner or later, these guys will have to decide whether they want to do things their own way or if they want to have jobs. For now, though, I will put up with it. [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] Wednesday, Week 1, September 1983 The show opens with Tony Schiavone denouncing the attack on Ric Flair at Clash of the Champions II by Dick Slater and Cowboy Bob Orton. After showing more footage of the event, we cut to a video of my pre-match workout routine. I then successfully defend the Mid-Atlantic Television Title against Ken Timbs. Harley Race, with Bobby Heenan, hypes himself, much to the chagrin of the crowd. In the next match, The Assassin switches to an "Evil Doer" gimmick, and we see The Brisco Brothers attempt to make Roop & Hunter look bad by trying to cost them the match; the result is a DQ finish, though. After the match, The Brisco Brothers assault Roop & Hunter, only to be interrupted by Paul Jones of all people. Jones helps the NWA World Tag Team Champions fight off Jack Brisco and Jerry Brisco, turning face in the process to the delight of the crowd; Jones will most likely be "managing" Roop & Hunter now. Next up, Wahoo McDaniel cuts a promo in which he taunts Dick Slater and Cowboy Bob Orton, calling them cowards for their attack on Ric Flair. They respond by coming out and jumping McDaniel, beating him down before painting him yellow.

Dick Slater was late again, and was thus fined; because of that, he is now complaining about the "backstage atmosphere". This is troubling indeed, as he is one of the better wrestlers on the roster. Jos Leduc was also late, and he was fined as well. World Championship Wrestling Rating: 1.41 [I](ESPN)[/I] Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Rating: 1.06 [I](U.S. Syndication Medium II)[/I] [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 1, September 1983 Standard weekly show here. This week, Rick Rude and Steve Wright challenge Roop & Hunter for the NWA Tag Team Titles while Wahoo McDaniel challenges Harley Race for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. [SIZE="1"]P.S. Sarcastic jackasses are not welcome here.[/SIZE]

Lately, some of my workers have been annoying me by working way too many shows for multiple promotions. Wahoo McDaniel is the worst offender, working every single show across three promotions and thus exhausting himself constantly. I hope I can figure out a way to stop this insanity before people start picking up injuries. [B]World Championship Wrestling[/B] Monday, Week 2, September 1983 Information: Dick Slater and Cowboy Bob Orton form the team [i]Slater & Orton[/i] In an amazing opening match, Steve Wright defeated Jimmy Valiant; he was then interviewed by Tony Schiavone. Next up, a video played in which Ric Flair announced his retirement, citing having had enough of dealing with bumps and betrayals. Such a tragic consequence of the attack by Dick Slater and Cowboy Bob Orton! The first title unification match came next, which saw Roop & Hunter defeat Huber & Regal to unify the NWA World Tag Team Titles with the WWA Tag Team Titles. Slater & Orton came out now, taunting Ric Flair and calling him a baby for quitting. After squashing The Hollywood Blondes, Slater & Orton celebrated as if they had just won the NWA World Tag Team Titles, bragging about how unstoppable they were. At that point, the crowd erupted in cheers as Flair ran down to the ring and beat Dick Slater and Cowboy Bob Orton down with a baseball bat. He then grabbed the microphone and swore that he would get revenge on not only the two of them, but on NWA World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race as well. That was certainly the shortest retirement ever that I know of! Finally, in the main event title unification match, Chris Markoff gave Harley Race quite a run for his money. Race eventually won with the help of Bobby Heenan to unify the NWA World Heavyweight Title with the WWA Heavyweight Title.

I had a lot of business to tend to after the last show. First, I had to deal with Huber & Regal, whom I had only hired in order to absorb the WWA championships in a proper and respectful manner. Since they are not really good enough to have a permanent position on my roster, I released them. I had originally brought in Chris Markoff for the same reason and with the same intention, but because he has surprised me with the good work he has done, he has managed to earn a spot on the main roster. Other than that, someone else is getting released: Jimmy Valiant. He is pretty unreliable and is definitely not one of the better wrestlers I have despite what his ego may tell him. I also put out offers to buy out ASW and UWA again, and again they were rejected. Time is running out, so I have no idea why they are being so stubborn. [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] Wednesday, Week 2, September 1983 Had some drama tonight. After a successful title defense, I hype the championship. That, of course, was not part of the drama. The drama had to do with Ric Flair's quest. First, Tony Schiavone hypes the events of the last couple weeks and then played a video of Flair's attack on Dick Slater and Cowboy Bob Orton from World Championship Wrestling. With that, Flair came out and cut a promo in which he promised a big surprised for Slater & Orton and NWA World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race. Okay, not really much drama tonight. The main event was spectacular, though!

Archived