Favorite live wrestling moments

Rob5KC

I've only been to 3 wrestling events in my entire life. The 1st was a WCW Thunder just before they went out of business, so it was horrible. The second was an indy event, SRPW's final event ever. And the third was a Smackdown taping/ ECW "live" show. The Smackdown featured John Cena, so my girlfriend went nuts. The ECW event included the match in which Hardcore Holly had his back split open against RVD. That was sweet to see him tough it out in person.

Two of them come to mind-- (1) Seeing the Road Warriors live, down south, in their prime. I don't even remember for sure who the match was against (I want to say the Rock and Roll Express, but I'm not certain), but the energy in the crowd for the Road Warriors was incredible. I'm glad I had a chance to see them when they were at their peak. (2) Live WWE event they held at Penn Station Amtrak waiting area--was one of their first live TV events. Was as close as you could be--match highlight was the Undertaker giving Triple H the Tombstone on the top of the escalator, and letting his allegedly-unconscious body ride it all the way down :). (3) Being there when Hogan beat the Iron Sheik for the title. I swear, there wasn't more noise in the crowd the night the Rangers won the Stanley Cup.

Being in the UK, and living in the middle of nowhere! Ive only been to one WWF event..... and I think it'll allways be remembered for one thing, and one thing alone! SUMMERSLAM 1992 - WEMBLEY STADIUM - BRET HART V BRITISH BULLDOG FOR THE I.C TITLE I still remember how amazing it was, and the atmosphere was electric for what seemed like hours! ( I was 13 at the time!) oh and I was rooting for Bret Hart! :D

Archived