When worlds collide, and now sports....

Wow, two pages in already. Thanks for the feedback from people. Foolinc, I hope you don't mind me using you like that. I thought it would be funny. Sure enough, right now, it is kind of boring, as it is just trying to figure out who is going where. But, rest assured, there will be more story when things are fleshed out, and shows start running, and people know their identity.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][SIZE="5"]Saturday, Week 2, January 2007[/SIZE][/CENTER] Not much happened today. Paul Heyman signed with SWF, Roger Rogers got picked up by the IWS, Dawn the Cheerleader and Rich Money went to the big leagues by signing with the WWE. As did Helen Wheels. Apparently, though, Mr. Heyman turned down 7 promotions, including HWA, IWA: PR, FIP, NYCW, UXW, PWG and ECWA. Why is he so important? [CENTER][SIZE="5"]Sunday, Week 2, January 2007 Enlightenment[/SIZE][/CENTER] Well, apparently that psycho down the street has been all over town. The preacher at church today was all hellfire-and-brimstone about the wrath of God, and twisting of universes, and reaping what you sow. Standard fare, really, although I didn't know he was a wrestling fan. From TEW.com [QUOTE]As was widely rumoured, Vince Russo last night became the new head booker of TNA. He made a statement of intent almost immediately, saying that he expected to bring in "two or three" new wrestlers over the next few months, as he looks to restructure the roster. Also of note: [LIST] [*]Carrie becomes Head Booker of NOTBPW [*]Jerry Lawler joins SWF [*]Pistol Pete Hall is now Head Booker of MPWF [*]FWA signed Jacques Rougeau Jr. as Head Booker [*]Kevin Nash has been signed by USPW as Head Booker [*]Shane Douglas is the new Head Booker of SOTBPW [*]JAPW announces that The Blue Meanie is the new Head Booker [*]Gary Wolfe and Balls Mahoney sign with ECWA [*]Stephanie McMahon is the new Head Booker of NWA: Quebec. One wonders if Shane will join IWA: PR [*]Low-Ki is the new Head Booker for NWA: Cyber Space [*]CM Punk has be signed as the new Head Booker of NWA: UK [/LIST][/QUOTE] [CENTER][SIZE="5"]Monday, Week 3, January 2007[/SIZE][/CENTER] 2 full weeks have passed since the wrestling world was shaken, stirred and turned upside down and inside out and any other simile I might have forgotten. Although there hasn't been any events yet, interest still seems to be very low. From what I can gather, everyone is interested in the wrestling game, but no one really cares. Truth be told, I can see why. We are still dealing with a pandemic of weird amnesia. Wreslting, and entertainment in general, has kind of taken a backseat. Well, I am still interested. From TEW.com [QUOTE] It seems the world is still reeling, but the money making machine is still in full swing. Recent signings are as follows: [LIST] [*]Pat Patterson is now Head Booker of TCW [*]Glenn Gilberti has the Head Booking job for IWA: PR. So much for Shane [*]Geena the Warrior Princess is off to work at NWE. Hogan is said to be very proud of this aquisition [*]TNA has gotten the contract of BG James. [*]Squeaky McClean is the new Head Booker of IWRG [*]PWU announced Honest Frank in the Head Booker position. I'm not lying. [/LIST][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DeadCeleb;204483]Daniels is the Head Booker of ECW? Oh lord. Wait wait wait, The Rock is booking TCW? Definitely bookmarked.[/QUOTE] I know, what could that mean. Daniels and Gordon at the helm of ECW. No, the Rock owns TCW. Pat Patterson is booking. Now THAT'S an oh lord!!

[QUOTE=DeadCeleb;204441]I'm saying, at least for now, sit back and watch what happens.[/QUOTE] Yea, kind of my thoughts too. I'm really wondering what kind of world you paint us with just the AI right now. But really, your writing is great, you can go either way. IF you went for a booking position at a national or higher promotion, think of the people you could sign right now, lol.

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]Tuesday, Week 3, 2007 Let the Bodies hit the floor[/SIZE][/CENTER] Ah, finally, wrestling. Two shows happened yesterday. AJPW and 1PW had the guts to break the seal. Now, let's see what happened. [QUOTE][B]AJPW Amazement Tour (Monday)[/B] [I]From Ishinomaki City Gymnasium, in the Tohoku region[/I] [U]Attendance: 3309[/U] Ryoma Muruyama defeated Milano Collection AT (C) Yosuke Narita defeated Takayuki 2000 for [B]The AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Championship[/B] (C+) Kiminobu Kuroki defeated Masaru Ugaki (C-) Lee Bennett defeated Kozue Kawashima for [B]The AJPW Triple Crown Championship[/B] (C+) [U]Overall: C[/U] [/QUOTE] Cool. Not a bad little show. The championships are spoken for, and there is a reason to wrestle. Let's see what happened in the UK. [QUOTE][B]1PW Forever[/B] [I]From The Cobra Den in Northern UK[/I] [U]Attendance: 1000 [COLOR="Red"]Sellout![/COLOR][/U] Adam Matravers and D.B.F. defeated Johnny Stones and Louis Figo Maniaco for [B]The 1PW Tag Championships[/B] (D+) Petey Barnes defeated Shawn Gonzalez (D+) Jekkel def. The Reason (D+) Joss Thompson def. DJ Reason for [B]The 1PW Heavyweight Championship[/B] (C-) [U]Overall: C-[/U][/QUOTE] Well, that could have been better, but, it could have been worse. More titles won, and more intrigue. What I find funny is that Louis Figo Maniaco and Shawn Gonzales are the owner and Head Booker, respectively. Yet, they lose their first matches. Hmm. I guess they know what's best for the company, unlike....wait....Damn. I used to know a guy who got to the head of a company just so he can book himself to beat everyone. Oh well, just accept it. Anyway, the signings aren't over, as another personal favourite, Brent Hill, went to M-Pro, where he is said to be excited and looking forward to the first show. WWE got referee Nick Patrick, though. OOC: If there is anything I am missing, or someone you want to know about, please, let me know. BTW, Cal Sanders is still unemployed.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;204489]Yea, kind of my thoughts too. I'm really wondering what kind of world you paint us with just the AI right now. But really, your writing is great, you can go either way. IF you went for a booking position at a national or higher promotion, think of the people you could sign right now, lol.[/QUOTE] Believe me, that thought has crossed my mind. This scenario is what I always run. But I usually start with my MWF (yes, that's my made up fed), and I sign who I WANT to see wrestle. Again, I may do something later on, but, for now, I am sticking to a Watcher's Journal (thank God Ryland) and trying to get a good style of writing. Fear not, though, the backstory will pop up again.

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]Wednesday, Week 3, January 2007[/SIZE][/CENTER] The signing bug hit again, with SWF jumping up and grabbing Ray Johnson, Paul Wight, Christy Hemme (yum), Taz, Tony Schiavone, and Arn Anderson. The WWE got Kurt Angle, and Jerry Eisen. Mind you, there were 67 signings, so that's just the icing on the cake. Sean Waltman and Paul London are heading to DAVE, and we had an event. [QUOTE][B]AJPW Amazement Tour (Tuesday)[/B] [I]From Gunma Sports Centre in the Kanto Region[/I] [U]Attendance: 3517[/U] Takayuki 2000 def. Shiima Nobunga (C-) Sensational Dragon and Yosuke Narita went to a Double DQ with Kawashima and Kiminobu Kuroki (C) Lee Bennett def. Ryoma Muruyama (C) Emerald Angel def. Masaru Ugaki (C) [U]Overall: C[/U][/QUOTE] Another half decent show out of Japan, who seems to have gotten over the Wrestling Debacle all right. No titles defended and our first No Contest. While scouring the Web, there was a column on Harley Race. My wife commented "Isn't he handsome?" Not quite sure what she meant. [CENTER][B]Thursday, Week 3, January 2007[/B][/CENTER] From TEW.com [QUOTE] Another list of signings, as people seem to be ready to start anew. [LIST] [*]Nora Greenwald announced a return to wrestling [*]CGC signed Joe E. Legend, Ricky DeColt, Edd Stone, and Ana Garcia, [*]Randy Orton signed with WWE [*]Hulk Hogan signed Jay Reso to tour with NWE [*]ECWA pick up C. Edward Vanderpyle, Jungle Jack, Lead Belly, Antonio Thomas and Andy Douglas [*]Kenta Kobayashi signs with PGHW [*]Skull DeBones came to an agreement with SWF, along with Mike Tenay [/LIST][/QUOTE] No shows today, but I am sure that will change soon. [CENTER][SIZE="5"]Friday, Week 3, January 2007 I ran out of cool things to say[/SIZE][/CENTER] No shows again, but the WWE picked up Trish Stratus and Jessie. Looks like Jeff is going to start up an admirable Woman's Division. Jenny Playmate jumped to (no, not on) IWS, and Jay Lethal went to PWG. Also, it was a busy night in Japan, as about 50 more signings went on over there. But, I can't pronounce their names, so I ain't telling you about them. Hey, who are you, anyway? I thought I was speaking to myself????

Nope, no love for Cal. Sean did get picked up by DAVE, though. As for Scott Hall, he is still Semi-Active, and still unemployed. You might want to look for him at the American Independant show, coming up soon. DJ, that was very kind of you to do and say. But, dude, get sleep, go to work. This will be around tomorrow. And, since I am wide awake, and playing, think of how much more there will be.

[CENTER][COLOR="black"][SIZE="5"]Saturday, Week 3, January 2007[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER] Three shows, and whole lot of signings. Let's get to it. [QUOTE][B]AJPW Amazement Tour (Friday)[/B] [I]From Osaka Athletic Stadium in the Kinki Region[/I] [U]Attendance: 3333[/U] Masaru Ugaki def. Milano Collectoin AT (C-) Kawashima and Muruyama def. Marihito Masuko and Kiminobu Kuroki (C) Yosuke Narita def. Takayuki 2000 [COLOR="Gold"]to retain the AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] (C) Sensational Dragon def. Magnum TOKYO (C) Lee Bennett def. Emerald Angel [COLOR="gold"]to retain the AJPW Triple Crown Championship [/COLOR](C+) [U]Overall: C+[/U][/QUOTE] Another good show out of AJPW, even getting a higher rating than the last two shows. Let's cross the pond to two US shows: [QUOTE][B]ROH Xtreme Overdose[/B] [I]From Elwood Park, in the Tri State area[/I] [U]Attendance: 2000 [COLOR="Yellow"]Sellout![/COLOR][/U] American Elemental def. Austin Aries (C) Fumihiro Ota def. Art Reed (C) Devon Storm def. Low-Ki (C) James Maritato def. Nova for [COLOR="gold"]the ROH World Championship[/COLOR] (C+) [U]Overall: C+[/U][/QUOTE] Not bad. First US show, and you matched the best that 3 overseas shows could do. Let's find out how IWA: MS did. [QUOTE][B]IWA: MS Seek and Destroy[/B] [I]From Midlothian Park District, in the Great Lakes Area[/I] [U]Attendance: 300 [COLOR="yellow"]Sellout![/COLOR][/U] Hawk and Vorell def. Tenderfoot and Stefano (D) Christian York def. Colt Cabana (C-) Aaron Andrews def. Trent Acid (C-) Dinero and Kid Romeo def. Akima and Kid Toma (C-) Homicide and Frederique def. Kashmere and Mondo (C-) The Messiah def. Chris Caulfield for the [COLOR="gold"]IWA: MS King of the Deathmatch Championship[/COLOR] (C) [U]Overall: C-[/U][/QUOTE] Not too bad of an outing. Let's see who got signed last night. From TEW.com [QUOTE]Recent signings are as follows: [LIST] [*]TNA signed James Gibson, Carly Colon, Krissy Vaine, and Stacy Keibler [*]ECWA signed Axl Rotten, Anarchy, Stevie Grayson, and Matt Cappotelli [*]WWE grabbed Ricky Dale Johnson, Christian Faith, Brock Lesnar and Steve Frehley [*]NOTBPW picked up Petey Williams, Johnny Bloodstone and Vampiro [*]ROH signed James Maritato, Devon Storm, Austin Aries, Chris Sabin and Elix Skipper [/LIST][/QUOTE] Not bad. Talk about trial by fire with ROH. The ink was still wet on the contract when James Maritato won the ROH World title. Congrats. Again, titles won and defended, people going nuts for what they love. Although, three thousand in Japan, as opposed to 2300 in the US. Hmm, Foolinc might be right about that E. [CENTER][SIZE="5"]Sunday, Week 3, January 2007[/SIZE][/CENTER] The month is almost over, and let's see what the wrestling world brings us. Well, there are two shows out of Japan, and TNA finishes a bunch of contracts, namely; The Guru, Chris Kanyon, Scott Taylor, Ricky Steamboat, Jack Geidroyc, and Southern Belle. TCW got Joey Styles, Jim Fair, and Tim White. I am kind of wondering when they are going to get some acutal wrestlers. So far, they got AJ Sparx and the Rock, one of which is the owner. Mind ya, I missed them signing Tammy Sytch. They have 2 refs, 2 managers, and a Road Agent. Also, and this is funny, the Rock is being pushed as Enhancement Talent. Yup, Patterson is booking. In Japan, NJPW had the first show of their Deadlock tour. It garnered a B overall rating, with 12,847 people showing up. The main event had Hiroaki Nakasawa defeating Tadiyuki Kikkawa for the IWGP World Championship in a B+ rated match. AJPW pushed on with their Amazement Tour. Yosuke Narita defended the AJPW Jr. Championship against Magnum Tokyo, in a match that rated a C. The Main Event showed Lee Bennett make a second defense of his AJPW Triple Crown Championship in a C+ rated match against Kozue Kawashima. Overall the show managed another C rating, with 3292 people showing up. Not a bad day for wrestling fans worldwide. Japan got a couple of good shows, and the US got some talent to be expected.

Mad- As it stands, Shark Boy is gainfully employed as an Upper Mid Carder in Jersey All Pro Wrestling. I put the requested people on Shortlist, so I can give updates when needed. Outlaw- I am exactly what I said I am in my initial post. I am a PsychoTherapist. I am also an Insomniac. I have gone days without sleeping.

Oh man, this is a great idea. Great idea. I wish I knew more about small fed wrestling! I'm not sure whether you should take one fed and totally go to town with it or just let us know how the game world goes down, but other way this is a brilliant idea. I'll be pounding the refresh button on this one.

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]Monday, Week 4, January 2007[/SIZE][/CENTER] Well, another slow day. Event wise, anyway. New Japan Pro Wrestling put on another show for their Deadlock Tour. It wasn't nearly as good as the last one, however, it did rate a B- in front of 15,103 fans. The match that saved the show was the Main Event, where Kinnojo Horri and Nakasawa def. Kikkawa and Tenzan for the [COLOR="gold"]IWGP Tag Team Championships.[/COLOR] Other than that, Guide signed with DaVE, Monty Brown penned a deal with SWF, and Bubba Ray Dudley signed with WWE. Well, I wanted to watch "Stephie & Amber" anyway. Damn that Amber, so hot!! [CENTER][SIZE="5"]Tues. W4, Jan. '07[/SIZE][/CENTER] Okay, I decided to change the format a bit. Kill me. Masahiro Chono decided what he wanted to do for a while, as he signed with The Hammer. All Japan Pro Wrestling has an [COLOR="Red"]Amazement Tour [/COLOR]show, where Yosuke Narita defeated Takayuki 2000 to retain the [COLOR="gold"]AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Championship.[/COLOR] Meanwhile, Kozue Kawashime defeated Lee Bennett in a non-title match. The whole thing a C+, with an attendance of 3534. Also, across the pond from us, 21CW put on the aptly named [COLOR="red"]Kick Start.[/COLOR] It had only 3 matches: [QUOTE][B]21CW Kick Start[/B] [I]From The Royal Concert Hall in Midlands, UK.[/I] [U]Attendance: 1000 [COLOR="Yellow"]Sellout![/COLOR][/U] Rebecca Knox defeated Nikita (D-) Mark Belton def. Jester (D) Raj Ghosh def. UK Dragon for the [COLOR="gold"]21CW World Championship[/COLOR] [U]Overall: D+[/U][/QUOTE] Not a great outing, but it's a start. [CENTER][SIZE="5"]Wed. W4, Jan. '07[/SIZE][/CENTER] Slick signed with IWA: MS. Ah, The Slickster. I remember when he....when he....Damn. I used to remember. This Wrestling Amnesia is going to kill me. In other news, Jack DeColt, Jeremy Stone, Steve DeColt, Chris Benoit, Cliff Wilson, Genichiro Tenryu and Ultimo Dragon all declared that they were going Freelance. All at the same time. Like it was a group meeting, or something. I wonder what that could mean for the wrestling world. Raven signed with the WWE, which is funny since....since....Ah, hell. Why do I even try? NJPW had a show with their [COLOR="Red"]Deadlock Tour.[/COLOR] Another strong outing, in front of 14,867 people. The garnerd a [COLOR="green"]B- [/COLOR] rating. No titles were on the line, but the Main Event had Hiroyoshi Tenzan going over Shuji Inukai. AJPW also put on a show. The [COLOR="Red"]Amazement Tour [/COLOR]continued with Yosuke Narita defending the [COLOR="gold"]AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Championship [/COLOR]against Magnum TOKYO. [COLOR="gold"]AJPW Triple Crown Champion[/COLOR] Lee Bennett teamed with Sensational Dragon to beat Kawashima and Emeral Angel. The Main Event had Marihito Masuko defeat Takayuki 2000. Overall, they scored a [COLOR="DarkOrange"]C [/COLOR]in front of 2,400 people.

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]Thurs. W4, Jan. '07[/SIZE][/CENTER] A real slow day, as the only show was the Canadian Independant Show. [QUOTE][B]Canadian Independant Show[/B] [I]From Hooter's of Edmonton in the Praries[/I] [U]Attendance: 46[/U] Canadian Gangster def. Koko Mansour (E) Roz Larren def. Melissa Cotes (E) Carl Oulette def. Shannon Ballard (D+) Shane Ballard/Quiet Storm def. Craig Green/Joe Gilbert (D) Harry Wilson def. The Wizard of Ottawa (D-) The Toronto Terror def. Danny Cavanagh (D) Mammoth/Jon Jetson def. Fate/Bobby Thomas (D) Ed Monton def. Sunny War Cloud (D) Matty Phatty/Dean McWade def. Dallas McWade/Dirty Frank (D+) [U]Overall: D[/U][/QUOTE] Well, it was an active show, although not a great one. But, putting it on in a Hooter's, well, they only 46 people. That explains that. I just don't get why the Ballard Brothers were in separate matches, and the McWades were against each other in a tag match. Who booked that? The only interesting signing was Allison Danger going to ECCW. [CENTER][SIZE="5"]Fri. W4, Jan. '07[/SIZE][/CENTER] New Japan put on a [COLOR="Red"]Deadlock Tour [/COLOR]show last night. They are continuing to do well, with an audience of 15,317. The put on a [COLOR="Lightgreen"]B[/COLOR] rated show, with Hiroaki Nakasawa defending the [COLOR="gold"]IWGP World Championship[/COLOR] against Kinnojo Horri. PWG put on their first show: [QUOTE][B]PWG Number of the Beast[/B] [I]From Spring Creek Civic Halls in the South West[/I] [U]Attendance: 300 [COLOR="Yellow"]Sellout![/COLOR][/U] Matt Sparrow def. Joel Maximo for the [COLOR="gold"]PWG #1 Contender Title[/COLOR] (C-) Onyx def. Chicano (D) Super Dragon/Slim J def. Lethal/Ruckus (D) Tony Mamaluke def. Michael Modest for the [COLOR="gold"]PWG Big Gold Belt [/COLOR](C) [U]Overall: C-[/U][/QUOTE] A decent show for PWG's first. And, hey, it was a sellout crowd. That's a good thing. D'Lo Brown signed with WWE, while SWF got Blonde Bombshell and Glen Jacobs. TNA picked up Justin Credible. CZW got Jimmy Yang and Brett Biggz. [CENTER][SIZE="5"]Sat. W4, Jan. '07[/SIZE][/CENTER] The only shows were NJPW's [COLOR="Red"]Deadlock Tour, [/COLOR]and AJPW's [COLOR="red"]Amazement Tour.[/COLOR] NJPW, of course, had flying colours, with another B- rating in front of 15,209 people. No titles were defended, but [QUOTE]Kikkawa/Horri def. Nakasawa/PRIDE Koiso (B)[/QUOTE] AJPW had an average showing for them. [QUOTE]Yosuke Narita def. Kiminobu Kuroki to retain the [COLOR="gold"]AJPW Jr. Heavyweight Championship[/COLOR] (C) Lee Bennett def. Kansuke Konda to retain the [COLOR="gold"]AJPW Triple Crown Championship[/COLOR] (C+)[/QUOTE] Overall, they pulled a C rating in front of 2321 screaming fans. Well, it was Japan, so 2,321 politely clapping fans. On this side of the pond, Jon Heidenreich signed with SWF, along with Rocky Golden. WWE picked up Rob Van Dam and Matt Hardy. TNA signed Stevie Richards.

Archived