When Workers Have Bad Gimmicks

Just looking to see how TEW veterans operate when faced with a heat killing gimmick. I'm playing D.O.T.T. right now, and Roddy Piper (who in previous games I've seen get over with A* for his Hot Rod gimmick) debuted in my fed with an F- rating. I immediately changed Hot Rod's shtick, figuring I couldn't do any worse, and got an E for an Intellectually Superior gimmick (Leaping Lanny Piper?). Better, but still low because I changed the gimmick too quickly. Should I stay with that E for 3 months? 6 months? Talent trade him as much as I can during that time, and/or job him out to the other members of my roster? Should I try for another immediate gimmick switch in the hopes of a D or better? Should I turn him face? Should I forget about improving his overness for 3-6 months and just put him in matches with my younger, less trained workers to teach them Performance skills (and put them in angles with him so they can learn Entertainment skills?) Should I make him a manager or color commentator? I recognize that there are many ways to go, but I'm curious to see how you'd approach this kind of situation.

I would just push him as a good wrestler. He'll still get over and do well and the gimmick rating might end up changing. It's a little reactionary to freak out and job a guy who is an obvious star in the game just because he has a low gimmick rating.

Archived