I'm a little confused on one thing

ok, i want to have a strong face/heel divide akin to wwe or wcw back in the day (which was a tuesday by the way). Anyway... If tweeners are not really possible and you can't have heel vs heel or face vs face... how do you put on good quality match between two top faces (or heels)... i remember back in wcw when sting and ddp fought for the title (which sting retained) dammit! anyway, the shook hands and the crowd loved it! How can i do that? Brotherfury

Wow, I never would have considered that "the old days" myself. But perhaps being in my 20s means I'm old enough to be historical. I remember being young... almost. Generally speaking, at least in my opinion, I would say that most of the major promotions in the US since the attitude era would probably be considered as having a medium heel/face divide. The changes that were ushered in around that time blurred the line between good guys and bad guys, turning beer swilling, foul mouthed rednecks into good guys and all-American, flag waving, pure wrestling machines into heels. Obviously people can cross that divide way more easily now and in reality there are probably more layers of divide than we give things credit for but I'd say it was the norm for a strong divide pre-attitude, and then the norm for a medium divide ever since then. So depending on the timeframe of your game, the divide could be strong or medium. Face/face and heel/heel rarely happened in the WCW and WWF of old, but when it did it was generally meant to be a big thing. Like when Hogan faced Warrior.... top two faces, huge momentum behind each of them and both mega over. Match stunk, torch was passed and then promptly taken back..... but the principle is the same. Wow.... I sound old today.

I guess i misspoke about the "old days" i guess i meant when i used to actually care what went on from week to week. lol anyway, being in my 30s thats not old lol No not when sting was in the wolfpack... i guess i remeber it really vividly because they were two of my favs in wcw. I remember sting helping ddp up after a "death drop" and standing in the corner showing the diamond cutter sign. I thought that was a strong face heel divied... oh well.

I find the middle setting to be best. You don't have to be exactly GOOD guy with your face's, and you don't have to be exactly BAD guy all the time with your heel. But you have do have to follow the rules.. .I mean you can't have your Good guy constantly cheating, can't have your bad guy constantly doing good deeds. You can however have those little "times" when one or the other switch's momentarily... For example, the HBK thing when he hesitated on helping Cena.

[QUOTE=misfit103;208498]I was going to ask this earlier, might as well here. If I have my divide set to none, does that mean I have free reign for heel vs. heel?[/QUOTE] Yeah - when its at none, there are no heels or faces as such, so anything goes. It becomes more like UFC or boxing, where there are no good or bad guys - just people that you like more than others - its generally all about the actual skill of wrestling at that point.

Face vs Face matches do work. It's Heel vs Heel matches that don't as the crowd won't be into it, they have nobody to support, this is a lot like it is in real life. I have had quite a few succesful face vs face matches.

Archived