GDS upcoming tag tourney: The list of teams

sirniles2000

[QUOTE=Rocland;209844]I would like to see the Texas Outlaws on this list. Dusty Rhodes and Dick Murdoch. I don't know if I'm allowed to nominate teams or not, as I haven't been paying attention, but I'll start.[/QUOTE] The Outlaws are already on the list. I don't mean to be rude guys, but PLEASE check the list before nominating teams. That is the whole reason I put the list up.

roderick strong & austin aries the naturals aj styles & christopher daniels los guereros (chavito and eddie) the f.b.i. (little guido & tony mamaluke) tajiri & mikey whipwreck nova & chris chetti rvd & sabu the SAT (joel & jose maximo) da hit squad (dan "mafia" maff & monsta mack) the BLKOUT (sabian & ruckus) rock 'n roll express (SORRY, DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE.....GOOD CALL!) orient express koko b. ware & the blue blazer ric flair & batista david & kevin von erich the dynamic duo (chris adams & gino hernandez) the triple threat (chris candido, bam bam bigelow, & shane douglas) simon & swinger 3 live kru

[QUOTE=sirniles2000;209706][B]Tyler Gadzinski[/B], like I told Undertaker666, I tried to use classic tag teams rather than two wrestlers put together for a while. So that's why a lot of the teams you picked aren't on the list. The Natural Disasters and the Powers of Pain are already on the list. I will add a couple of the teams you named(3 minute warning, possibly RVD/Sabu and possibly DX) to the bubble teams. [/QUOTE] Not trying to give you a hard time, but looking at TG's list I have a strong opinion on RVD & Sabu and Los Guerreros (Eddie and Chavo) Both were regular teams for more than a year. Both were 'reunited' at several points in time during their careers. Both were tag champions. And both were involved in fantastic matches: RVD/Sabu put The Eliminators and The Dudleys on the map; longtime SD fans must remember when the tag division of Los Guerreros, Benoit/Angle, Team Angle aka WGTT and Rey & Edge absolutely carried that show. Sorry, but those two teams shouldn't even be 'on the bubble.' IMO. Especially when you have glorified jobbers like The conquistadores and Power & Glory listed.

oops...I also nominate Benoit and Angle. And I agree with whoever said the MegaPowers shouldn't b listed. They were a storyline. An angle. Justified Hogan interfering for Macho man in his feud with Dibiase and then provided the dram for the break-up and the match at WM5, but never a "regular" tag-team.

[QUOTE=sirniles2000;209833]Thanks everyone for the input. I've noticed a couple of people metion the [B]Minnesota Wrecking Crew[/B]. They are already on the list(Gene and Ole anderson). Also, someone mentioned the U.S. express. They are already on the list as well. There seems to be support for a lot more teams, and I think we could possibly get this up to 128. Does everyone want to try that instead of 64? It would be good because every deserving team should defitnately be able to get in with a field that big. On the other hand, there would probably be teams that got in that aren't so deserving.[/QUOTE] I'm looking more at the Ole/Arn version... they were that too, weren't they? :confused:

[QUOTE=thug saint oga;209862]roderick strong & austin aries [B] the naturals[/B] [B]aj styles & christopher daniels[/B] [B]los guereros (chavito and eddie)[/B] the f.b.i. (little guido & tony mamaluke) [B] tajiri & mikey whipwreck[/B] - Unholy Alliance nova & chris chetti rvd & sabu the SAT (joel & jose maximo) da hit squad (dan "mafia" maff & monsta mack) the BLKOUT (sabian & ruckus) rock 'n roll express (SORRY, DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE.....GOOD CALL!) [B] orient express[/B] koko b. ware & the blue blazer ric flair & batista [B]david & kevin von erich[/B] [B]the dynamic duo (chris adams & gino hernandez)[/B] [B]the triple threat (chris candido, bam bam bigelow, & shane douglas)[/B] simon & swinger 3 live kru[/QUOTE] The one's I've highlighted I've seen enough of and agree worthy of nomination.

rvd & sabu definently need to be on the list. especially if you are trying to get 128 teams. rvd & sabu were a two man stable with bill alfonso and had too many matches together to just call them a makeshift/thrown together tag team. they held the ecw titles together twice, and had the match of the night at heatwave '98 against hayabusa and shinzaki. that's all i'll say about that. if not, oh well, i'll vote for someone else.

Good list. I'm not moaning here (honestly, I'm) but I fear that so many newer teams in there will get undeserving votes. Like I fear maybe Deuce and Domino or Rated RKO could beat the Minnesota Wrecking Crew or Steamboat/Youngblood just because more people on here know of them, as this was the pattern with the Favourite Wrestlers list. This isn't a complaint though, just an inevitability. Which is a shame.

Archived