New Blood in need of some assistance.

First of all I'd like to start with by thanking Adam and Grey Dog for the detail this game actually has. I've played with my wrestler through three years in the Rookie to Legend league and came up with a couple of questions. I'd like to point out that I've read the help files and a lot of threads over here just to diminish the possibility of asking all ready answered questions about the game. What is the difference between a ‘Heel’ and a ‘face’? I’ve read that some Federations prefer giving ‘heels’ title shots instead of ‘Faces’. May I have the definition of both words please? Charisma is how much the fans enjoy seeing you perform yeah? If so, will a high stat in charisma help your popularity or make them stop booing my behind? Manager: I understand that having a valet present with you will increase your popularity. Does one play Blackjack to establish relationships with road agents? Could I have some hints on how to land a valet or a manager? I apologize for asking for hints but I’m quite green in the whole manager department. Last question: I’ve read about special styles… Those are not included in the Rookie to Legend huh? Thank you for your attention/patience.

I am pretty sure that managers/valets do not help you in the popularity department. Their main function, I believe, is to interfere in matches. To get a manager/valet, you need to be high enough up the roster food chain (Midcard is a safe bet, though it varies from promotion to promotion) - then request someone in your Meeting Screen.

To expand on the notes above: [QUOTE=NonMortusEst;211550]What is the difference between a ‘Heel’ and a ‘face’? I’ve read that some Federations prefer giving ‘heels’ title shots instead of ‘Faces’. May I have the definition of both words please?[/QUOTE] Face's are good guys, heels are bad guys. There's no preference to giving heels title shots in the game, but some types of promotions will tend to book face vs heel matches, so if you're a heel, and the champion is a heel, you're unlikely to get to face him. [QUOTE]Charisma is how much the fans enjoy seeing you perform yeah? If so, will a high stat in charisma help your popularity or make them stop booing my behind?[/QUOTE] Charisma is particularly important in entertainment based promotions, not so much in promotions where it's all about wrestling. It has no effect on being cheered or booed, that is down to whether you are a face or heel. [QUOTE]Manager: I understand that having a valet present with you will increase your popularity. Does one play Blackjack to establish relationships with road agents? Could I have some hints on how to land a valet or a manager? I apologize for asking for hints but I’m quite green in the whole manager department.[/QUOTE] Valets don't effect popularity, but they do have advantages in that they can interfere in matches on your behalf. You request them by having a creative meeting. [QUOTE]Last question: I’ve read about special styles… Those are not included in the Rookie to Legend huh?[/QUOTE] I'm not on a PC that has WreSpi2 at the moment, if you list them I'll explain them.

Thanks a lot for clearing all that up for me guys. What I ment by 'special styles' is the psychopath and so on but I've read in another forum that you can only edit that via Database or something so that answered my question. And a last one for the time being. I've been reading about mods and such. Are those harder then the original version cos I prefer playing on the hardest versions. Thank you all again for the assistance you've given me.

[QUOTE=NonMortusEst;212064]And a last one for the time being. I've been reading about mods and such. Are those harder then the original version cos I prefer playing on the hardest versions.[/QUOTE] It really depends on the mod in question. The best mod, DOTT, is probably harder than the default data because it is set over two decades ago, and so wrestlers have a higher concentration of low level moves (thus meaning it is harder to wear an opponent down), as oppose to the modern move sets of the default data where there are more high impact moves available.

[QUOTE=NonMortusEst;213381]Thanks a lot for the feedback. Winning and getting high match ratings is the only way how to increase your popularity yeah? Or are there any other factors to consider. I assume that the bigger the federation, the faster your popularitywill rise.[/QUOTE] the match ratings don't help your overness at all they are purely a cosmetic feature, only winning increases your overness, and your popularity will rise and fall faster in the bigger feds because of their ppv and tv deals.

• 2 years later...
Thanks a lot for all the replies. Amazing how i'm still playing this game after three years. Way to go Adam. Ps. D.O.T.T is trully awesome aswel and harder. :) Though I like the pictures I prefer the defult mods as I like doing a lot of big moves aswel as low moves.

Archived