Boxing influences?

This is an incredibly exciting new project and I was pleasantly surprised to find this board and learn about the decision to produce/release this game. My most favorite sport above all, (and for that matter, most favorite form of entertainment) is boxing. Seeing as boxing takes up a majority of my hobbies I've thereby come to enjoy quite a bit of other pugilistic sports/entertainment venues (MMA, Wrestling) I am hopeful that in this game, boxing will not be overlooked in terms of how in MMA and PRIDE it is rather rare to see name fighters stepping into the octagon/ring. I think this is primarily because of the financial differences in boxing and MMA. It has been said by many within the industry (Max Kellerman to name one) that boxing is still the richest of the pugilistic arts (of course it is no longer the richest sport in the world, the days when Jack Dempsey was the highest paid athlete in the world are long gone) so a boxers cut may pale to a Major League Baseball players or NBA player but despite this I suppose that since boxing is richer than a PRIDE fight or UFC fight, that's why we seldom see big time fighters going MMA. I think it would be cool though not to forget that it is possible for boxers to get into MMA and I hope to see some boxers in this game (be it the fictional database or modifiers martial arts databases). I know that I will certainly make myself available to MOD'ers who're looking for some help including boxers. I think another thing boxing has that would be beneficial to MMA (although since it isn't very active in MMA right now it may not be realistic to incorporate in the game) are the flamboyant promotions and promoters (your Don Kings, Bob Arum's, Wilfred Sauerland etc.) I mean, I couldn't tell you any MMA promoters except for Dana White and I think he is pretty conservative mannered. I think in this game it would be cool to have some flamboyant promoters. Also promoting is pretty dependant on press conferences so maybe that could be a critical part of the game? I dunno, just trying to get some discussion started up, throw some suggestions and ideas out there to inspire minds because this really sounds like an awesome, awesome idea. I really look forward to more information about this.

What would be really cool is if you could limit companies to a specific style, like, say, Boxing, as a way to create a boxing promotion. After all, there's a lot of boxers who wouldn't do well in MMA, but are still great boxers... and maybe some would want to cross over eventually? Maybe run a World Karate League, and eventually some of your black-belts would decide to try MMA as well. I guess what I'm saying is... Why stop at MMA? Go for all competitive fighting styles... heck, maybe even allow workers to enter the Olympics (they still do Karate, Judo, etc there, don't they?)

In the earlier stages of MMA, the fights were basicly made to see which style of fighting was superior. So they had fights against a skilled Boxer against a skilled Wrestler or a skilled Ju Jitsu fighter against a skilled Judo expert. But nowadays these fighters got to train in every fighting style if they wish to be succesfull. I would love to see a bunch of various styles added to the game including Karate, Judo, Ju Jitsu, Kick Boxing, Boxing...etc. Also you can't really underestimate Boxers. Although most experienced Boxers don't do well in MMA, especialy when fighting experienced grapplers, there is always a chance that they could get a quick knock out. Like the saying goes, a Boxer always has a punchers chance so you can never count them out.

Archived