Rahn vs Ryland

Time for some good natured fun at Arlie's expense Adam Ryland has released two games since Bowl Bound came out and has now announced his MMA based game for the summer/fall. The game gods bless him for it because his games definitely rock but we cannot allow the Brits to continue to outproduce us like this. Come on Arlie, America needs you, man. It's time to step it up a notch and get this game out the door before we are back to being bloody colonials. In all seriousness, get the game out when it is done and don't hurry it but when I saw another Ryland game posted on the main page I couldn't help but get a scene in my head where Adam is leaving a message on Arlie's voicemail saying "I've got another game ready to come out soon, slacker. I win agaaaain. I win agaaaaain. Click"

[QUOTE=jjschaef;214581]I couldn't help but get a scene in my head where Adam is leaving a message on Arlie's voicemail saying "I've got another game ready to come out soon, slacker. I win agaaaain. I win agaaaaain. Click"[/QUOTE] Leaving a message like that on his birthday? Never. . . . I'd of course wait until tomorrow. :)

Im just gonna say both games are great and cant wait for the release of WMMA which of course will be another great game.. this has become my favorite site for online gaming... congrats to to Adam for the announcement of the new game and also congrats to Deadman666 for being apart of the new game .. Just wanted to put this out there that no matter whos getting more games out doesnt matter but as long as there world greats then its all good. PEACE!

[QUOTE=btmlltt;218523]I don't think you can compare silly little wrestling games to a football simulation. It's like comparing Shakespeare to a Ashton Kutcher movie.[/QUOTE] Why would the quality of the games have anything to do with the sports themselves? Just because you (apparently) think that wrestling is a joke doesn't mean that my games must also be jokes.

Wrestling is real. Real entertainment! :) Someone should be losing their hair soon! I appreciate all the work both Arlie and Adam have done, and will continue to do. I look forward to their future works. They are the Van Goghs' of sports sims.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;218528]Why would the quality of the games have anything to do with the sports themselves? Just because you (apparently) think that wrestling is a joke doesn't mean that my games must also be jokes.[/QUOTE]I never said they were a joke. But they appear to lack the meat a football sim has. And the fact that you churn them out a lot quicker than the football games is one indication that their complexity is at least somewhat less. I'm not saying it makes the games less valid, it just helps explain why Arlie can't chuck out a new football game as often as you chuck out wrestling games.

They lack the meat of a football sim, seriously?? Have you ever played TEW? Because if you had you would realize how complex of a game it is. That is one of the most in depth games I've played and that goes for wresstling, football, or the thousands of others that are on the market. When it comes to "the meat" of a game TEW easily ranks in the top percentages.

Yeah, I'd have to second mad5226 on this one. I think all of GDS games are pretty great in the "Meat" catagory, but TEW is second to none. I haven't heard of any wrestling simulation even coming close in comparison..... What's bad, is I don't know any wrestling simulation that comes close to EWR, let alone TEW, lol.

[QUOTE=btmlltt;220868]I never said they were a joke. But they appear to lack the meat a football sim has. And the fact that you churn them out a lot quicker than the football games is one indication that their complexity is at least somewhat less. I'm not saying it makes the games less valid, it just helps explain why Arlie can't chuck out a new football game as often as you chuck out wrestling games.[/QUOTE] Sorry btmlltt, but I get the impression you've never even played my games, you've just assumed that because they're based on wrestling and I produce them faster, they must be trivial. What you've completely ignored is that there's two pretty huge factors why I get games out quicker than Arlie - I work full-time on mine, and I don't have a newborn baby to contend with. Maybe when you take that into consideration you might view the situation in a different light.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;222219]Sorry btmlltt, but I get the impression you've never even played my games, you've just assumed that because they're based on wrestling and I produce them faster, they must be trivial. What you've completely ignored is that there's two pretty huge factors why I get games out quicker than Arlie - I work full-time on mine, and I don't have a newborn baby to contend with. Maybe when you take that into consideration you might view the situation in a different light.[/QUOTE] I cant believe what i saw btmlltt write, I have to be honest, TEW 05 and 07 are two of the most complex games on the web, the simple fact that wrestling is part real-part fake is the indicator that its not simply a silly little game. To offer up solutions to both parts of the wrestling world is extremely, extremely difficult, something a Mr. Adam Jennings has struggled to do since 2004....i cant believe what i saw!

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;222219]Sorry btmlltt, but I get the impression you've never even played my games, you've just assumed that because they're based on wrestling and I produce them faster, they must be trivial. What you've completely ignored is that there's two pretty huge factors why I get games out quicker than Arlie - I work full-time on mine, and I don't have a newborn baby to contend with. Maybe when you take that into consideration you might view the situation in a different light.[/QUOTE] I'm not a wrestling fan. I am a huge MMA fan though. I can't wait for that one. But, I have to admit adam's games are some of the most in depth games you could ever imagine. I never thought you could do so much with guys wearing tights and acting. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I would say that Adam's success at churning out games has a lot more to do with the time he has to devote, not that he somehow has less complex games. I am extremely familiar with the inner workings of both BBCF and TEW and to say either game lacks "depth" would be incorrect.

Archived