Adam, have you brainstormed how the rules will be handled for the different orgs? As you know, MMA has a long history of rule evolution. I remember earlier UFC contests had no weight class restrictions, stoppage rules have changed, fouls like hair pulling have been added, etc. In fact, as you know the US is probably the most "regulated" country to protect its fighters, but some other countries have "lax" rules. I guess these would be "hardcore" leagues.

I would like to know that also.....heck if you go to certain area's thier are no rules "underground" fighting.........Basicly go to tai land and thier fighting is as real as it gets. is that kind of stuff going to be in because it is still technical mma fighting.

[QUOTE=lovestruck420;214764]Now theres an Idea. You start out as a fight club like setting. No rules, just fighting. Then as you start making some cash you are able to hire an official and judges, then you can start making rules as you go until you are a legit MMA organization[/QUOTE] pretty much what i was thinking.. start out underground no rules getting few people at the shows then more and more people tell people and you get more fans then you integrate rules and get officials. 1st rule of Fight Club ... YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB 2nd rule of Fight Club ... YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB

[QUOTE=TheMiser;214672]Adam, have you brainstormed how the rules will be handled for the different orgs? As you know, MMA has a long history of rule evolution.[/QUOTE] Currently it is handled as follows; the default rules are set to be the standard Unified Rules Of Mixed Martial Arts which are the standard for competition in America at the moment. There are then a series of check boxes where you can turn on or off specific rules. Some of the rules that everyone conforms to are unchangeable, such as small joint manipulation being illegal. One example of one that can be changed is "spiking" an opponent on their head - illegal in UFC, but legal in PRIDE, and that can be changed when creating the promotion (or during the course of the game).

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;214874]Currently it is handled as follows; the default rules are set to be the standard Unified Rules Of Mixed Martial Arts which are the standard for competition in America at the moment. There are then a series of check boxes where you can turn on or off specific rules. Some of the rules that everyone conforms to are unchangeable, such as small joint manipulation being illegal. One example of one that can be changed is "spiking" an opponent on their head - illegal in UFC, but legal in PRIDE, and that can be changed when creating the promotion (or during the course of the game).[/QUOTE] Great!

Archived