Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere. I tried to search every iteration of the subject line and kept getting told it was "too common" each times. I've been getting the "Lack of Big Names" for my TCW game. I got this message twice. Does it affect prestige or anything tangible? Also what is considered "a big name"? Is it overness or a hidden quality? I have Cornell at A but the next highest is Wolf at B I believe. There's not much to work with here considering I've got the restriction of only being able to hire people with at least B- in both Athleticism AND Basics!! :)

I've only ever had this problem with TCW after they rise to International, I still had the default roster Cornel the only guy with an popularity of A some others had B+ like RDJ and BLZ Bubb. So at a guess maybe you need more A/B+ overness workers but im not 100% sure.

It's purely based on overness. You simply don't have enough people who are over enough to be considered "stars" for your promotion. I'm guessing that you have TCW's popularity at around a B-/B level so you should ideally have a couple of people (not sure of exact number) higher than that for them to be true stars. As for the penalties, I think you take a little knock in popularity although I'm not entirely certain. You'd have to keep an eye on your popularity and prestige in the editor to be absolutely certain. And on your show grades too... not sure if that takes a hit. Derek B

best way i got around this was, i looked at workers i wanted with the right popularity, and then got a working agreement going between the companies, yes it's only a short term cover, but it's better than trying to hire no namers with the right stats and building them right the way upto the "Big Name" level. Although SWF is probably where they're mostly at tbh lol

Archived