Questions and discussion points

Feel free to discuss, as I'm sure helpful discussion will help Adam's process (although I in no way speak for him) Will the game areas (Canada, Europe, Japan, Mexico, USA, UK) be the same? Will the nationalities be the same (many Chinese, Korean, Brazilian fighters). How will fighting styles be incorperated? Will worker relations have a big impact?

[QUOTE=Astil;214995]Feel free to discuss, as I'm sure helpful discussion will help Adam's process (although I in no way speak for him) Will the game areas (Canada, Europe, Japan, Mexico, USA, UK) be the same? Will the nationalities be the same (many Chinese, Korean, Brazilian fighters). How will fighting styles be incorperated? Will worker relations have a big impact?[/QUOTE] i have never heard of a chinese mma fighter... i am sure some china has a few but i never heard of seen them

I'm kinda positive about the idea, and surely hope the game will be fairly different then TEW. Firstly, it should be set in a much more competitive atmosphere, where you really bid against other promotions for hiring the top stars. A huge factor should be that WE won't be able to create our champions anymore, (seems logical enough to assume) so we need to be much more impulsive and flexible. The game should be more management-based, which should be fun. :) So far MMA has had (to my knowledge) UFC as a playable game only. The DC version was awesome, but the latter versions (for Xbox and PS2) were not that great imo.

[QUOTE=BlizzardVeers;215718]Pride FC released a rather good PS2 game, actually. It's just hard to get ahold of. :([/QUOTE] Agreed. It looks dated now, but if you took the time to get to know the fighters and get an in-depth knowledge of the controls, it was a fairly good game, especially in 2 player.

[QUOTE=syndicate;215134]i have never heard of a chinese mma fighter... i am sure some china has a few but i never heard of seen them[/QUOTE] I'm sure there is, Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee and that new guy (the one that has the movie with Nathan Jones) must of started somewhere. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_martial_arts"]Chinese martial arts Wiki.[/URL]

[QUOTE=Thriller;215937]I'm sure there is, Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee and that new guy (the one that has the movie with Nathan Jones) must of started somewhere. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_martial_arts"]Chinese martial arts Wiki.[/URL][/QUOTE] i dont think you understand what a mma fighter is

I think Thriller is right to a certain extent i know the people he listed havn't fought MMA proffesionally but it shows there are chinese MMA people out there so there should be some in Adams MMA version of the Cornellverse (i wonder what it will be called or if it is the Cornellverse i think i saw that somewhere)...at least in my opinion but i really dont have a clue how many nationalities we can expect to see. Its Adams choice and im sure he will let us know when he sees fit...which could be ages yet :p

I generally hope there will be plenty of regions and nationalities to choose from. I like the idea of trying to make MMA a world wide leader in sport with loads of regions and that it is unlikely to happen if you have fighters simply from Japan, USA, Brazil and a few European countries.

[QUOTE=Goldenskillz;216059]I think Thriller is right to a certain extent i know the people he listed havn't fought MMA proffesionally[/QUOTE] Bruce Lee influenced several styles of MMA apparently, but yeah, I know nothing. But you said I was right [SIZE="1"](to an extent)[/SIZE] and that's all the matters. :) I hope the UK scene is better in this game than it was in the C-Verse. Speaking of which, I wonder who this games data will be based around, will he be able to top Cornell is all around awesomeness?

Your right he did, from what i understand his style borrowed the best from diffrent styles and blended it together which is why he was so damn awesome. Also just to clarify what i meant by proffesionally is fought in a company for money not just olympic style events (which i dont think is considered pro anyway)

[QUOTE=Thriller;216056]You're right I suck, but there must be MMA competitions in China, no?[/QUOTE] nope... i know pride wanted to market to china but that never happened it would of been nice to see mma get popular in china because i am sure it would catch on huge... infact i dont see what country mma would not be popular in it is all a matter of marketing and getting a deal [QUOTE=Goldenskillz;216059]I think Thriller is right to a certain extent i know the people he listed havn't fought MMA proffesionally but it shows there are chinese MMA people out there so there should be some in Adams MMA version of the Cornellverse (i wonder what it will be called or if it is the Cornellverse i think i saw that somewhere)...at least in my opinion but i really dont have a clue how many nationalities we can expect to see. Its Adams choice and im sure he will let us know when he sees fit...which could be ages yet :p[/QUOTE] welli am sure the world has chinese mma fighters but they are as common as a mma fighter from algeria you never see them [QUOTE=Goldenskillz;216176]Your right he did, from what i understand his style borrowed the best from diffrent styles and blended it together which is why he was so damn awesome. Also just to clarify what i meant by proffesionally is fought in a company for money not just olympic style events (which i dont think is considered pro anyway)[/QUOTE] he is credited from what i understand as being the first to use grappling gloves... however if you ask some people they may tell you tank abbott was the first to use them :rolleyes: bruce also claimed that anybody with a year of wrestling and a year of boxing expreience would beat any black belt in any style... bruce lee had some impact on mixed martial arts but it's not as much as what the gracies have done

I don't think it would hurt to have all the countries be able to generate fighters who knows there is probably some chinese people training in MMA in China right now. There could be a generator matrix where you could put how much from each country you want generated per year. I'd say you should stick with the major players though don't go into little little countries. Then it would say ok I'll create such and such percent of people off the US name lists this and this off of the Brazilian list. A sample matrix could be something like US - 55% Canada - 5% Brazil - 15% Japan - 15% Russia - 10% Something like that; adding more countries wouldn't be a problem as long as the name databases are done right. I'd hate to see Bob Yakamato from Long Island, NY.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;216282]I don't think you could run a promotion in China effectivly right now, because of the government. Having fighters leave and coming out of China? Maybe.[/QUOTE] I agree; I think fighters should come out of China (not a lot but at least 1 every year.)

[QUOTE=syndicate;216274]nope... i know pride wanted to market to china but that never happened it would of been nice to see mma get popular in china because i am sure it would catch on huge... infact i dont see what country mma would not be popular in it is all a matter of marketing and getting a deal[/QUOTE] That is exacly something i just proposed also in my recent post. The ability to develop or market new unchanted regions or countries.

[QUOTE=JMimic;216286]I agree; I think fighters should come out of China (not a lot but at least 1 every year.)[/QUOTE] Another one i support fully. That fighters should be "spited out" from random countries, but less skillfull if they are not coming from a gym, or a respected training system.

[QUOTE=Capelli King;216302]Another one i support fully. That fighters should be "spited out" from random countries, [B]but less skillfull if they are not coming from a gym, or a respected training system.[/B][/QUOTE] That I'm not so keen on. I'm sure they have martial arts they train in, and just because they aren't coming from MFS or Team Quest doesn't make them any less capable of being good. The reason a lot of those fighters get called to the UFC/PRIDE is because of their bigger connections already there. I think they should have an aptitude perhaps coming out. There are plenty of fighters that hop around to different places or getting together with one certain person in an area and training, does not have to be from a camp to be better.

[QUOTE=JMimic;216278]I don't think it would hurt to have all the countries be able to generate fighters who knows there is probably some chinese people training in MMA in China right now. There could be a generator matrix where you could put how much from each country you want generated per year. I'd say you should stick with the major players though don't go into little little countries. Then it would say ok I'll create such and such percent of people off the US name lists this and this off of the Brazilian list. A sample matrix could be something like US - 55% Canada - 5% Brazil - 15% Japan - 15% Russia - 10% Something like that; adding more countries wouldn't be a problem as long as the name databases are done right. I'd hate to see Bob Yakamato from Long Island, NY.[/QUOTE] yeah but those %'s are awful lol brazil and japan have more mma fighters then any country

How I'd break it down: Regions (and starting MMA Acceptance on a scale of 1-5) US - 5 (UFC and too many others to mention) Canada - 2 (amateur only) Brazil - 5 (Lots of Vale Tudo) Japan - 5 (Pride, K-1, etcetera) Russia - 3 (some MMA, Bodogfight is holding events there) Korea -3 (Some splashback from Japan's companies) Mexico - 2 Some Mexican Lucha Libre wrestlers have fought MMA, boxing's big) Rest of South America- 1 (Haven't heard much of anything) UK-3 (Cage Rage, etcetera) Mainland Europe-2 (Not much of anything) Thailand-4 (Lots of Muay Thai, etcetera) China-2 (Long history of Martial Arts, starting to build at the ground level)

[QUOTE=SirFozzie;216317]How I'd break it down: Regions (and starting MMA Acceptance on a scale of 1-5) US - 5 (UFC and too many others to mention) Canada - 2 (amateur only) Brazil - 5 (Lots of Vale Tudo) Japan - 5 (Pride, K-1, etcetera) Russia - 3 (some MMA, Bodogfight is holding events there) Korea -3 (Some splashback from Japan's companies) Mexico - 2 Some Mexican Lucha Libre wrestlers have fought MMA, boxing's big) Rest of South America- 1 (Haven't heard much of anything) UK-3 (Cage Rage, etcetera) Mainland Europe-2 (Not much of anything) Thailand-4 (Lots of Muay Thai, etcetera) China-2 (Long history of Martial Arts, starting to build at the ground level)[/QUOTE] i have never seen a thai fighter in mma... sure there is plenty of muay thai guys in mma but i never seen one from thailand in mma... it's about as common as a guy from china just because kung-fu and other martial arts is popular in a country does not mean it has anything to do with mma i have at least seen 2 or 3 fighters from south america in 100's of mma shows i have seen... yet i have never seen one chinese or thai fighter also why is canada amateur only?

[QUOTE=SirFozzie;216331]I might be incorrect, I know one region of it is Amateur only. Just something I dashed off in two minutes[/QUOTE] canada has tko a pretty good decent company i tell you what i have seen... i saw a video of some chinese fighters from china doing "mma" but it was very limited... i saw this a long time ago on sherdog.com maybe about 2 years ago you could tell the people had skills in some arts but they were just awful on the ground and it was just on mats in front of a crowd many countries have a un tapped market for mma... india is one i think would be huge

Archived