Dojos/Training Camps

This has to be a bigger part of the WMMA game then it is with TEW. Hammer House, Gracie Family, Lion's Den, etcetera. Especially in the US, there is a lot of MMA Dojos/Training Camps led by active MMA fighters, that gather folks for training in between fights. The top technical fighters should have their own dojos, and fighters should move fairly slowly between them (maybe someone would go from a Gracie Family style camp to one led by someone who's better at striking, if they see a need to upgrade their striking skills.

[QUOTE=SirFozzie;215043]This has to be a bigger part of the WMMA game then it is with TEW. Hammer House, Gracie Family, Lion's Den, etcetera. Especially in the US, there is a lot of MMA Dojos/Training Camps led by active MMA fighters, that gather folks for training in between fights. The top technical fighters should have their own dojos, and fighters should move fairly slowly between them (maybe someone would go from a Gracie Family style camp to one led by someone who's better at striking, if they see a need to upgrade their striking skills.[/QUOTE] Yeah i agree teams should be a huge part of the game if you train with different teams you should be able to have different effects on the training

Unlike wrestling training is a HUGE part of mma fighting i think....how many backyard mma fighters have you heard of that actully get big *unlike guys like the hardys in wwe* A untrained mma fighter is a threat to who they get in the ring with....i think thier should be a big focus on training. Look at some of the big names.....they have been training for years, some since they were children.

I can see people being aligned with a certain fight camp and whatever camp could help their development by whatever amount per year or something but its as far as I understand it the game is a promotion game where you're managing a fed so you won't really be managing an individual fighter so the training aspect won't need to be as big.

I think it's still needed, as fighters develop between fights and over the months. Probably folks in the same camp won't fight each other, etcetera, making it harder for you to create cards, but it'd also be a good thing, as you would get an idea on how good a fighter they are.

I agree that its needed because yes fighters do develop and it should be depending on which camp theyre in and how they perform in fights their stats could increase or decrease. I don't think you should have any control on which camp a fighter goes to though as promoters really don't have control over that. You should be able to edit all that before you start a game but once the game starts guys are with whatever camps and they could leave a camp if they want or there could be kind of a roaming thing where like in EWR fighters might "tour/be with" a camp for a certain part of teh year and then move on to another camp. Loyalty to camp could be an fighter attribute as well.

[QUOTE=SirFozzie;215043]This has to be a bigger part of the WMMA game then it is with TEW. Hammer House, Gracie Family, Lion's Den, etcetera. Especially in the US, there is a lot of MMA Dojos/Training Camps led by active MMA fighters, that gather folks for training in between fights. The top technical fighters should have their own dojos, and fighters should move fairly slowly between them (maybe someone would go from a Gracie Family style camp to one led by someone who's better at striking, if they see a need to upgrade their striking skills.[/QUOTE] I agree the training or dojo system will have to be one of the integral parts of the game in comparison to TEW.

[QUOTE=syndicate;215137]yeah i don' think the game would be that great if teams like chute boxe, btt and team quest were not in it[/QUOTE] Yeah you could have each camp help a certain thing or maybe a few things IE Team Quest would help your wrestling ability/defense but wouldnt advance your standup

A few thoughts that have came to mind when taking about teams in MMA. 1st. The team that he is with should help the popularity and the promotion of a fighter. It is usually tough for a fighter from a unheard of training camp to go right to UFC or Pride. If the guy is from a big name camp then he might get the call up to a bigger show and gain a bigger reputation. 2nd, for smaller organizations or even ones that are big to have a contract with the Dojo to bring up fighters. You would still have to pay them but a lot of times its the connections. Also a connection with a local camp might help tickets for your smaller shows. I also don't think that every one should belong to a team. There are a few freelance fighters that jump around from training partner to training partners. You can also have single stars take fighters under their wings kind of like Bas Rutten did for Duane Ludwig Also a fighter choosing a camp can hurt his ability. When Heath Herring first started he was considered a great wrestler. He went to Golden Glory while his stand up improved his wrestling did not.

[QUOTE=TakayamaNOFEAR;215944]A few thoughts that have came to mind when taking about teams in MMA. 1st. The team that he is with should help the popularity and the promotion of a fighter. It is usually tough for a fighter from a unheard of training camp to go right to UFC or Pride. If the guy is from a big name camp then he might get the call up to a bigger show and gain a bigger reputation. 2nd, for smaller organizations or even ones that are big to have a contract with the Dojo to bring up fighters. You would still have to pay them but a lot of times its the connections. Also a connection with a local camp might help tickets for your smaller shows. I also don't think that every one should belong to a team. There are a few freelance fighters that jump around from training partner to training partners. You can also have single stars take fighters under their wings kind of like Bas Rutten did for Duane Ludwig Also a fighter choosing a camp can hurt his ability. When Heath Herring first started he was considered a great wrestler. He went to Golden Glory while his stand up improved his wrestling did not.[/QUOTE] This guy has a good point.

Also (and this is a given), the camps should produce new fighters from time to time. Oh and the option to create relationships between camps/dojos and companies so when a camp produces a new talent, they'd send an e-mail giving a company owner first dibs on him.

Archived