Will we have the option to fix matches to get the outcome we desperately want? Yes, I understand that since MMA is unpredictable and we'll have to live with the results and work around them, but there may be that one fighter who lucked into his spot. Some guy who wins a title on a fluke then somehow manages to keep it, despite not being all that good. Maybe they hurt business as champion (like by losing popularity for being really boring and end up hurting the drawing power of said title), so you'd want to get the title off of them as soon as possible by any means necessary. So, I'd pay the champion to lose and keep his mouth shut. Anyways, I would expect there to be a lot of repercussions if someone chose to do this, but I think having the freedom to be sleezy about business practices would be pretty cool. What does everyone else think of the idea?

[QUOTE=The Franchise;216120]Will we have the option to fix matches to get the outcome we desperately want? Yes, I understand that since MMA is unpredictable and we'll have to live with the results and work around them, but there may be that one fighter who lucked into his spot. [B]Some guy who wins a title on a fluke then somehow manages to keep it, despite not being all that good.[/B] Maybe they hurt business as champion (like by losing popularity for being really boring and end up hurting the drawing power of said title), so you'd want to get the title off of them as soon as possible by any means necessary. So, I'd pay the champion to lose and keep his mouth shut. Anyways, I would expect there to be a lot of repercussions if someone chose to do this, but I think having the freedom to be sleezy about business practices would be pretty cool. What does everyone else think of the idea?[/QUOTE] If he wins the title, and then defends it.. he earned the title... I hate calling fighters lucky. Like a lucky punch, you throw a punch your intention is for it to connect. To me the whole "fixed" fighting, if you want fixed fights, keep playing TEW, to me it doesn't serve a place for WMMA.

I think it serves a purpose. I'm sure everyone's heard of how boxing promoters may have fixed a match to get the result they want, so why should I be unable to do that? With the freedom of running a MMA company legally should come the freedom of running it like a sleazebag. That's why I like the idea of this game. In theory, there's more freedom in how you run it.

Fixed Fighting is already discussed in this thread: [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22268&page=2"]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22268&page=2[/URL] And Adam's response to the idea [QUOTE]Please don't start with the hyper-aggressive posts, we've had enough of them this week to last us a couple of months. Of course he isn't going to be able provide you with evidence of corruption, any more than you can provide evidence to prove that there isn't, it's a silly response to make. We can simply take the sensible stance that there is likely to be corruption in MMA - because there is in almost every competitive sport - but that it's not really an important point. [B]It isn't going to be a big part of the game - if it makes it in at all, it'd be a fun mini-feature for a laugh [/B]- so it's really not worth getting in each other's face about. [/QUOTE]

Archived