A few suggestions...

A few solid features I think should be in. Some from TEW, some not... - Entrance Music - Very cool feature from TEW that definately should remain intact. But maybe we can choose entrance music by fighter. Like, say, if we're running a small company and don't really have the money to give everyone big label mainstream entrance music, maybe we can just give it to our main bluechip fighter. If that's even possible to code in. And possibly we could pay a one-off fee for rights to use the song? And if the fighter leaves, we can just let someone else use it? - Ring Girls - Maybe they could be included in hirable workers since managers will be nonexistant in this game? Throw in some girls with B+ to A* looks, assign them the ring girl push, and give the fans something to look at in-between rounds? But in no way make it necessary that we have any at all, and possible that we have as many as we want. LoL. - Ring or Octagon - Will this be a selectable feature while you create your promotion? Just a random question that just popped into my head. - Upgrades - Everything from spending promotion resources on a better ring, better sound equipment, more efficent tools to create promotional materials, etc. I'd LOVE to see optional upgrades in this game. If anyone else has more ideas, I'd love to hear them. Maybe throw in the option to buy a private gym for your fighters to use, and then weightlifting equpiment upgrades, etc. For it. There's tons of possibilities with this feature. - Internet - Although I enjoyed the internet in TEW, I'd like to see us be able to view just our company's website, maybe with small articles about our fighters or upcoming fights we're promoting on it. Maybe even little rumors about a fighter possibly not being able to make weight for a fight, even. I'll post more as they come to me. LoL. I'm SO pumped about this game. Adam, you have my $35 on launch regardless.

[QUOTE=SpaceMountain;216352]A few solid features I think should be in. Some from TEW, some not... - Entrance Music - Very cool feature from TEW that definately should remain intact. But maybe we can choose entrance music by fighter. Like, say, if we're running a small company and don't really have the money to give everyone big label mainstream entrance music, maybe we can just give it to our main bluechip fighter. If that's even possible to code in. And possibly we could pay a one-off fee for rights to use the song? And if the fighter leaves, we can just let someone else use it? - Ring Girls - Maybe they could be included in hirable workers since managers will be nonexistant in this game? Throw in some girls with B+ to A* looks, assign them the ring girl push, and give the fans something to look at in-between rounds? But in no way make it necessary that we have any at all, and possible that we have as many as we want. LoL. - Ring or Octagon - Will this be a selectable feature while you create your promotion? Just a random question that just popped into my head. - Upgrades - Everything from spending promotion resources on a better ring, better sound equipment, more efficent tools to create promotional materials, etc. I'd LOVE to see optional upgrades in this game. If anyone else has more ideas, I'd love to hear them. Maybe throw in the option to buy a private gym for your fighters to use, and then weightlifting equpiment upgrades, etc. For it. There's tons of possibilities with this feature. - Internet - Although I enjoyed the internet in TEW, I'd like to see us be able to view just our company's website, maybe with small articles about our fighters or upcoming fights we're promoting on it. Maybe even little rumors about a fighter possibly not being able to make weight for a fight, even. I'll post more as they come to me. LoL. I'm SO pumped about this game. Adam, you have my $35 on launch regardless.[/QUOTE] I agree with your ideas and think that they are excellent but thought that I would share with you that the UFC doesn't pay royalties for the entrance music on their PPV's. That's why when you buy the DVD's most of the people don't have the same entrance music as they did on that show. It's just a way around actually having to pay those fee's. So the music thing could be something that they leave out.

Yes, they do pay royalties on the PPV broadcasts. The only way they could avoid paying royalties is if you only heard 4-5 seconds of the song in question; anything over the six second mark is considered to be "for purchase", which means they have to pay rights. I believe it costs around $500 per song to broadcast a copyrighted tune (generally) on PPV. The fee for broadcasting a copyrighted tune on PPV, however, is FAR less than what it costs to include that same copyrighted music on a general release DVD. Industry standards for that type of thing dictate that whomever releases the DVD with the song in question must pay roughly 20 cents for every disc that is PRESSED, not sold. So if they do a run of 500,000 DVD's, they have to pay 20 cents for each of those discs, regardless of how many it might actually sell. If you're looking at a disc with 10 fighters, each with their own copyrighted entrance tune, you'd be paying 2 bucks per disc pressed, which means a fee of 1 million dollars on the disc even before you sell any, which is why you hear copyrighted tunes on the PPV broadcasts but get generic music on the DVD releases.

[QUOTE=jeremybotter;216795]Yes, they do pay royalties on the PPV broadcasts. The only way they could avoid paying royalties is if you only heard 4-5 seconds of the song in question; anything over the six second mark is considered to be "for purchase", which means they have to pay rights. I believe it costs around $500 per song to broadcast a copyrighted tune (generally) on PPV. The fee for broadcasting a copyrighted tune on PPV, however, is FAR less than what it costs to include that same copyrighted music on a general release DVD. Industry standards for that type of thing dictate that whomever releases the DVD with the song in question must pay roughly 20 cents for every disc that is PRESSED, not sold. So if they do a run of 500,000 DVD's, they have to pay 20 cents for each of those discs, regardless of how many it might actually sell. If you're looking at a disc with 10 fighters, each with their own copyrighted entrance tune, you'd be paying 2 bucks per disc pressed, which means a fee of 1 million dollars on the disc even before you sell any, which is why you hear copyrighted tunes on the PPV broadcasts but get generic music on the DVD releases.[/QUOTE] Hmmm...I apparently missed the boat with that one and wish my Broadcast Law Teacher at Ball State University would've taught me that. Thanks for the info and the education. I would suppose this would go under a production fee or some sorts on the game.

[QUOTE]- Entrance Music - Very cool feature from TEW that definately should remain intact. But maybe we can choose entrance music by fighter. Like, say, if we're running a small company and don't really have the money to give everyone big label mainstream entrance music, maybe we can just give it to our main bluechip fighter. If that's even possible to code in. And possibly we could pay a one-off fee for rights to use the song? And if the fighter leaves, we can just let someone else use it?[/QUOTE] As cool as this could probably be, I feel it would be much more work for Adam than needed for such a worthless feature. While it would be fun to mess around with negotiating with bands etc, that means more work for Adam working on things that have nothing to do with MMA...music. A standard music purchasing like in TEW would serve it's purpose just as it did in TEW as simple as it is. [QUOTE] - Ring Girls - Maybe they could be included in hirable workers since managers will be nonexistant in this game? Throw in some girls with B+ to A* looks, assign them the ring girl push, and give the fans something to look at in-between rounds? But in no way make it necessary that we have any at all, and possible that we have as many as we want. LoL.[/QUOTE] Again, though this may be a little more noticeable than something like music...more work for Adam, less effect on the game. [QUOTE]- Ring or Octagon - Will this be a selectable feature while you create your promotion? Just a random question that just popped into my head.[/QUOTE] I don't see why not... [QUOTE]- Upgrades - Everything from spending promotion resources on a better ring, better sound equipment, more efficent tools to create promotional materials, etc. I'd LOVE to see optional upgrades in this game. If anyone else has more ideas, I'd love to hear them. Maybe throw in the option to buy a private gym for your fighters to use, and then weightlifting equpiment upgrades, etc. For it. There's tons of possibilities with this feature.[/QUOTE] I like...I like, could be really cool plus have a lot of interaction with the actual game. Though the private gym probably wouldn't really need that much as most fighters have their own camps and gyms elsewhere to train that aren't filled with guys they could be fighting, giving away their strategies and whatnot. [QUOTE]- Internet - Although I enjoyed the internet in TEW, I'd like to see us be able to view just our company's website, maybe with small articles about our fighters or upcoming fights we're promoting on it. Maybe even little rumors about a fighter possibly not being able to make weight for a fight, even.[/QUOTE] I'd enjoy to see this, though an expantion on the internet from TEW would probably cover the bases.

Archived