www.wwe.com

tristram

I've not been diverted or anything when I've been on there, but it's a pretty crap website. Aside from the odd top ten lists which are half decent (although obviously put together to promote something- if you don't believe me what are the odds the latest "road to Wrestlemania" one will be won by Andre and Hulk to fit in with the whole 20 years on from WM3?). Not a fan of the website at all. But then again, I'm not a huge fan of the E right now either, so that may be something to do it.

No other problems on any other sites. Got Trend Micro running, picks up spyware alerts on any 'dangerous' sites I visit. :) I don't think my 'puter's even been more virus free. I just find the site hella BS with the smiley ads at the top choking it up, I'll record what happens next time it happens (if I visit the god awful site again!)

Aye, never had a problem, nothing... I don't get popups or nothing. Weird eh? I do think the sight is crappy though, but Vince stated that big time anyways... They even had a video of him being asked about it. "The wwe.com sight is awesome Mr. McMahan, what other things do you have planned in the future for it?" Vince replies "You like it huh? Well I think it sucks!". Later in an interview online (was a long video), he answers fans questions, the guy interviewin' it (name escapes me) asks him about the sight and he implies that there are a few sights that he likes, but wwe.com is not one of them. Of course the interviewer says something silly implying that vince likes sex sights, but Vince says no, they are sports like ours. Bassically, I think he was saying he liked TNA's sight, especially the way he talked about how the a Diva should be on the cover, not John Cena in five different places on the cover page.

IIRC, WCW's site was fairly easy to get around and told you everything you needed to know. Gone back to the "E" site again, no dramas now, seems fine... am I the only one who got the "Choose from over 274,048,944 smiley emoticons" banner at the top of their page?

When I see posts like this, I always reply with..you had spyware, virus, or your internet protection was not setup to block the popups as efficiently as others. I have always used Ad-Aware to sniff-out the hidden buggers. To the main subject of topic : Yes, I agree. WWE.com blows. Too much ads and useless polls, and not enough constructive info. With the global advertising that a giant like WWE has going, you would think that the brains behind the company would use their website more efficiently...like cater to their fans needs and wishes. As a whole, WWE has been going down hill for several years...its almost like the McMahons are slowly passing the reigns of wrestling dominance over to TNA...gracefully.

[QUOTE=Veygan;218664]When I see posts like this, I always reply with..you had spyware, virus, or your internet protection was not setup to block the popups as efficiently as others. I have always used Ad-Aware to sniff-out the hidden buggers.[/QUOTE] *shrug* I always say quit using Internet Explorer and find a better browser. I haven't seen a popup or popunder ad in like 5 years, on ANY site. Firefox + Adblock Plus = love. Also don't have to worry about stupid toolbars being installed unbeknownst to me when I go to update an IM program. tristram, check your cookies. There are tracking cookies that can be downloaded unless you have Trend Micro set to 'high security' (but then, you get confirmation windows popping up for like 80% of the commercial sites you visit). WWE.com is a throwback site IMO, back to the time when it seemed every company thought the only way to get ads noticed was to jam them down the throat of every user who surfs by. Nowadays, many companies have gotten smarter about their marketing (by usually embedding the ad in the copy/content, ala about.com).

[QUOTE=Veygan;218664][B]When I see posts like this, I always reply with..you had spyware, virus, or your internet protection was not setup to block the popups as efficiently as others. I have always used Ad-Aware to sniff-out the hidden buggers. [/B] To the main subject of topic : Yes, I agree. WWE.com blows. Too much ads and useless polls, and not enough constructive info. With the global advertising that a giant like WWE has going, you would think that the brains behind the company would use their website more efficiently...like cater to their fans needs and wishes. As a whole, WWE has been going down hill for several years...its almost like the McMahons are slowly passing the reigns of wrestling dominance over to TNA...gracefully.[/QUOTE] I can honestly say, I don't have a single problem with any other site, and I do a bit of 'surfing'. I don't use Internet Explorer, I use Mozilla which I find a hell of a lot better, and Trend Micro which to me is so much superior than anything else I've tried (McAfee, Norton etc.). Pop ups are always blocked by either the Mozilla browser or Trend Micro, and if I go to anything that may be a little dangerous Trend Micro is right on the case to warn me and get me the hell out of there. In other words, I love Trend Micro :D

[QUOTE=Remianen;218724]*shrug* I always say quit using Internet Explorer and find a better browser. I haven't seen a popup or popunder ad in like 5 years, on ANY site. Firefox + Adblock Plus = love. Also don't have to worry about stupid toolbars being installed unbeknownst to me when I go to update an IM program. tristram, check your cookies. There are tracking cookies that can be downloaded unless you have Trend Micro set to 'high security' (but then, you get confirmation windows popping up for like 80% of the commercial sites you visit). WWE.com is a throwback site IMO, back to the time when it seemed every company thought the only way to get ads noticed was to jam them down the throat of every user who surfs by. Nowadays, many companies have gotten smarter about their marketing (by usually embedding the ad in the copy/content, ala about.com).[/QUOTE] Didn't appear to be anything malicious in the cookies. I've changed my cookies settings to delete after every mozilla session. And now I've put [url]www.wwe.com[/url] on block for cookies. I'll see how that goes.

Archived