Welcome to Sin City

[CENTER][IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/collingwood27/Banners/SinCity.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/collingwood27/BSC/KateAvatar.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/collingwood27/BSC/HoneyGolightly.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] So it had come to this. Kate knew it wouldn’t always be rosy in this world, but this was something that she had never anticipated doing. In fact, she had vowed against ever turning to this place - she had her principles and this was seemingly out of the question, regardless. But she needed the work. While it wasn’t ideal, it was a ray of hope in the fast-fading glimmer of her dream. This was her last resort. With a deep breath, Kate stepped into the club and was met with her worst fears. A sigh left her perfect-formed mouth as the distinct smell of smoke and alcohol filled her senses. The dingy, dim room was filled with the lowest of the low; each person of the crowd seemingly more repulsive than the last. Their incessant and, from what she could gather, idiotic chatter grated on her mood, and it was tempting to turn around and blow off the meeting she had waiting. After all, anything was better than this… She walked past the bar, amid the tedious whooping of those currently occupying the stools. She strolled to a seating area, but decided against taking a seat, recoiling at the mysterious stains that laid strewn across it. From this vantage point, she could see tonight’s attraction and her reason for being here: the ring. Ever since she was young, Kate had wanted to become a pro wrestler. At the moment, she was a university student, but had found herself broke. Wrestling seemed like a good direction to go. She had managed to get some free lessons from a friend of a friend of a friend, and had been deemed a natural. She learned quickly, and her love for the sport had further developed. Her parents were less than accepting of this new venture, stressing that her focus had to be on her education, and that a wrestling career was just a pipe dream. Kate wanted to prove them wrong. Kate had previously tried out for AAA, but was turned down, their excuse being that she needed more experience before coming to the pinnacle of women’s wrestling in the world. And that is why she was here. Although it went against her morals, she was here. The night wore on, the entertainment finished, and the club was ready to be closed, leaving Kate alone, ready for her meeting. After a few moments, a slender blonde business woman approached. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“ You must be Kate.”[/COLOR] she said in a silken tone. It was the kind of voice you couldn’t say no to. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“ Take a seat.”[/COLOR]

[CENTER][U][SIZE="4"]The Interview[/SIZE][/U] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/collingwood27/BSC/KateAvatar.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/collingwood27/BSC/HoneyGolightly.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Kate reluctantly sat on one of the stained seats. Butterflies churned in her stomach, and her head was racing. She needed this to go well. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“ So why do you want to join us?” [/COLOR]the blonde questioned. [COLOR="darkslateblue"]“ I really want to make a difference in the wrestling world.”[/COLOR] Kate replied, knowing that her nerves sold out her attempts at sounding confident. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“ So why do you want to join us?” [/COLOR]the woman repeated, with a coy smile. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“ We don’t tend to do much ‘wrestling’ around here. That’s not what we’re about.”[/COLOR] Kate nodded in agreement, and an awkward silence followed. She could sense the woman was analysing her carefully, even while she waited for the next question, and it didn’t her nerves at all. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“ I read your application with great interest. You were trained by ‘The Natural’ Damian Carvill?”[/COLOR] she said with a heightened sense of interest. [COLOR="darkslateblue"]“ Yes. He taught me everything I know.” [/COLOR]Kate replied. The blonde’s eyes glazed over, as she crossed into the land of daydream, until she expelled a deep and sad sigh, which brought her back to reality. [COLOR="darkslateblue"]“ You know him?”[/COLOR] Kate probed, being careful enough not to pry into her potential employer’s private life. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“ I used to.”[/COLOR] she chuckled, suppressing what she’s really thinking. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“That all seems like a long time ago now… Anyway, back to business… You have a lot of excellent ideas that I think we need to use. We need to get rid of some of the controversy that follows us, and get back to more of a wrestling side of things. We’re become somewhat notorious, and we need to return to something more… how do should I put this… torious.” [/COLOR] The blonde fixed another long gaze upon Kate, as if she were pondering something. Kate feared the worst. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“ Listen, sugar, I didn’t get where I am today by not taking risks. I like your style, and you clearly know this game inside and out. We need fresh ideas, and I might regret this, but I’d like to offer you a position in the company, not just as a ‘wrestler’, but on the booking team too. That’s my offer.”[/COLOR] The blonde extended her hand, and Kate almost fainted. This was incredible - it was her dream job. It was perfect. Kate shook Honey Golightly’s hand and sealed the deal. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“ Welcome to Sin City, sugar…”[/COLOR]

[CENTER][U][SIZE="4"][FONT="Tahoma"]The Meeting[/FONT][/SIZE][/U] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/collingwood27/BSC/KateAvatar.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/collingwood27/BSC/HoneyGolightly.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/collingwood27/BSC/MarilynStardust.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] It was the morning after the big meeting, and Kate found herself at the club again. She had another meeting scheduled, and had arrived early to show that she was committed to her new position. On top of this, she was also incredibly excited, something she never thought she’d be about anything related to BSC. She awaited the rest of the booking team, which consisted of Honey Golightly, BSC’s owner, and her good friend, Marilyn Stardust. Kate wished to make a good impression, and was very aware of Stardust’s track record of jealousy and dry wit. Stardust had become renowned in the women’s wrestling circle for being someone who could cause others to break down backstage, and that she was a master of mind games. With her political position in the company added to her friendship with Honey, Stardust was untouchable. [COLOR="Red"]“ So this is the tramp you found to replace to me?”[/COLOR] a raspy and rusty voice asked, as Marilyn made her presence known. Years of partying and reported drug abuse had wrecked Stardust, and her voice was one of a number of things that had clearly suffered. Kate recognised that the insult was probably a joke, but she wasn’t sure. Not wanting to cause an argument, she decided not to pursue the comment and kept quiet. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“ Not replace, help, Marilyn. And what did we agree on before we got here? You weren’t going to insult the new kid. Sorry about that sugar…”[/COLOR] Honey interjected. [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]“ No worries.” [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“ I was only joking…”[/COLOR] Marilyn claimed. She probably wasn’t… [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“Anyways this is the current roster list, Kate. See what you make out of that.”[/COLOR] [CENTER]***** [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B][U]Babes of Sin City Roster List[/U][/B] [COLOR="Red"]Heels[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Faces[/COLOR] [U]Main Event[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Dharma Gregg (BSC Queen of the Ring)[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Charlize Angelle[/COLOR] [COLOR="Navy"]Sister Beth Mercy[/COLOR] [U]Upper Midcard[/U] [COLOR="navy"]Kathy Neptune Jen Neptune[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Alison Capone[/COLOR] [U]Midcard[/U] [COLOR="red"]Officer Goodhead[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Sprite (BSC Girl Power Tag Team Champion) Alexis Lee Littlefeather[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Vampella[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Britney Hollywood (BSC Girl Power Tag Team Champion)[/COLOR] [U]Lower Midcard[/U] [COLOR="navy"]Amy Galaxy Roxy Kitten Power Girl[/COLOR] [U]Openers[/U] [COLOR="red"]Annie Hitchkock (aware of the spelling change!) Nurse Darla Knight[/COLOR] [U]ET[/U] [COLOR="navy"]Nurse Hope Daye[/COLOR] [U]Manager[/U] [COLOR="red"]Sienna Deville[/COLOR] [U]Announcer[/U] [COLOR="navy"]Honey Golightly[/COLOR] [U]Colour Commentator[/U] [COLOR="red"]Sara Silver[/COLOR] [U]Referee[/U] [COLOR="navy"]Heather Halo[/COLOR] [U]Road Agent[/U] [COLOR="red"]Marilyn Stardust[/COLOR][/FONT] *****[/CENTER] [COLOR="darkslateblue"]“ That's not exactly the most talented list of wrestlers is it?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“ No, but they’re damned hot!”[/COLOR] Kate shuddered at Marilyn’s exclamation. This was exactly what she hated about BSC. For a wrestling promotion, there seemed to be minimal focus on the wrestling. And as for Marilyn making such a bold statement…no…we won’t go there… “ Obviously you can make some signings, but remember we’re on a tight budget.” [COLOR="darkslateblue"]“ Okay I’ll take this and I’ll draft up some ideas. I made a list of workers I’d like to bring in too…”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“ Workers?! Darling where we come from, we call ’em Babes…”[/COLOR] Kate shuddered again. [COLOR="DarkGreen"]“ Well, we’ll push back our next show until next Sunday, to give you time to get settled and make enough plans and we’ll see how we go.”[/COLOR] With that the meeting adjourned. Honey made her way out of the room, but Marilyn had one last thing to say. [COLOR="red"]“ Don’t think you’re taking my spot around here bitch. We were fine without you, we don’t need you. Sure, you’re in Honey’s good books now, but if you step one foot out of line, I’ll change that in an instant. Oh, and that top doesn’t go with those pants. See you later, sweetie…”[/COLOR] And with that, Kate was left alone in the bar once more, wondering what had just happened.

[QUOTE=mad5226;218632]I was thinking about doing BSC diary but didnt have the guts to =) For that reason alone you have a reader. It will be interesting to see how you get this to work.[/QUOTE] I know, you can sense the controversy haha...I hope I don't go too far and get a forum ban or something... [QUOTE=Remianen;218721]This should be great! Your backstory rocks![/QUOTE] Thanks. I hope you enjoy the rest. As you're the women's wrestling expert, I'm glad that you might be reading.

I'm really impressed so far, a very strong backstory. I'm interested to see where exactly you can take them, because they seem limited in every department to me, but with an excellent backstory you've convinced me that you can make a really good diary out of this.

[SIZE="4"][CENTER][FONT="Tahoma"][U]The Merger[/U][/FONT][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/collingwood27/BSC/KateAvatar.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/collingwood27/BSC/HoneyGolightly.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/collingwood27/BSC/MarilynStardust.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“ I’m just saying that it would look better [I]without[/I] the tassels!”[/COLOR] Honey walked into the bar, mid-debate with Marilyn over a pressing issue ahead of BSC Indecent Exposure, which was set for the coming Sunday. Already at the bar was Kate, ready and waiting for their meeting. [COLOR="red"]“ What have you got against tassels? You never want to put on the tassels…”[/COLOR] Honey ignored her assistant’s persistence and greeted her new creative writer. “[COLOR="DarkGreen"] Are you ready for Sunday, sugar?”[/COLOR] Kate looked down at her pile of messily scrawled out notes that were supposed to be the plans for the upcoming BSC shows. Her plans were clearly insufficient and unorganised, and she had a feeling that Honey wasn’t going to be pleased. [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]“ Uh… not really… I’m finding it hard to come up with anything to be honest… I’ve got some ideas but I need to think them through properly.” [/COLOR] She realised that she sounded completely unprofessional, but it was the truth. It wasn’t as if she wasn’t trying - she’d spent hours trying to work something out for the show to baptise it for a new fresh direction, but with the talent on offer, it wasn’t easy. Honey looked at her reassuringly, which helped her confidence a great deal. What didn’t help her confidence was the cackle that erupted from Marilyn Stardust. The cackle preceded a loud ‘thump’ that rattled the makeshift working area, as she dropped a heavy, thick, probably 50 page document that outlined her versions of the upcoming BSC shows. A smug look appeared on her face, as if she’d already ousted the young usurper. [COLOR="red"]“ That’s my plan… 50 pages of absolute brilliance that will bring this company to national recognition by the end of the year.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkgreen"]“ No offence Marilyn, but realistically speaking, that’s impossible. And you’re not in charge of that area anymore, Kate is. Listen Katie, I realise this is a bit daunting, but you need to pick up your game. Understand? You’ve still got some more time anyway, but you need to get the ball rolling. I took a risk on you, and it’s going to pay off…”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkslateblue"]“ How’s the new signings going?” [/COLOR]Kate enquired, looking to change the subject and remove the icy glare that Marilyn had fixed upon her. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“ Yeah, we’re getting there. They will be ready for Sunday. So, if you can get those shows sorted by tomorrow, I’d be very grateful.”[/COLOR] Kate motioned to leave, but turned when a thought she’d been having strolled through her mind again. [COLOR="darkslateblue"]“ Oh and another thing Honey, if we’re serious about changing this promotion to something more wrestling-oriented, can I suggest that we try and work something out with AAA? They have a lot of useful talent that we could use…”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“ [B]NO!!![/B] Absolutely not!” [/COLOR]Marilyn exploded at the mention of the ‘other’ promotion’s name. [COLOR="red"]“ I refuse to work with that tramp of a woman. She burned those bridges a long time ago…”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkslateblue"]“ Who? Anne Stardust? But she’s your sister…”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“ By name alone. She’s no relation to me anymore, she's dead to me…”[/COLOR] [COLOR="darkslateblue"]“ Honey…” [/COLOR]Kate protested. [COLOR="darkgreen"]“ Sorry, sugar, but I’ve got to go with Marilyn here. We don’t want any unnecessary conflicts in what we’re doing here and I think that’s what will happen between Marilyn and Anne. We don’t need the stress. And I’m not particularly fond of Catherine Quine either…” [/COLOR] Honey’s eyes glazed over again, similarly to how they had on Kate’s first meeting of BSC’s owner. Kate decided not to push the issue; there were clearly some problems between the two camps. Sure, she wouldn’t mind seeing Marilyn get a bit of a comeuppance of sorts, but it seemed that Honey would have problems with the deal too, and so out of respect of her boss, she kept quiet. And with that, they said their goodbyes, and it was back to the creative drawing board for Kate. With the show looming, she had a lot of work to do. [COLOR="red"]“ Now back onto important issues: the tassels are going on!” [/COLOR]

Archived