What can we do to speed up the game. I am in 2012, i am running a Cornellverse game, workers have limits to where thay can work, i have all the regions ticked. Adam made a suggestion to move all old year data 2007-2011, which i did and it helped. I have a fast computer (Duo 1.66mgz intel pentium). I am more interested in what i can do after i have started the game. I know that before you start the game you can limit the workers, promotions ect. The game is running ok for the time being, i am worrying how it will be running after 10-15 years ahead.

You can look for all the title history files and move/delete them as well. I believe this would speed things up a little, but you might want to check with Adam to make sure it won't crash the game. Also, you could use the editor to bankrupt a few of the feds you're not interested in. 21CW and MOSC seem to be redundant in most people's games, and so I doubt you'd miss them. Finally, try removing all the pictures in the game, and see if that makes a difference. Realistically, though, there's not much you can do at this point to speed things up. If it's running that slow (and even on my low spec laptop it's only about 20 seconds a day on my 2011 game) then you may want to have a good book or website to read while you're waiting.

[QUOTE=Capelli King;220595]I have a fast computer (Duo 1.66mgz intel pentium).[/QUOTE] I think you might be mistaken here. There are no Core Duo processors that run at 1.66 MHz (1.66 MHz is Pentium II speed). Besides that, I think RAM helps moreso than a juiced up processor. Might just be my obsession with it though. ;)

[QUOTE=Remianen;220774]I think you might be mistaken here. There are no Core Duo processors that run at 1.66 MHz (1.66 MHz is Pentium II speed). Besides that, I think RAM helps moreso than a juiced up processor. Might just be my obsession with it though. ;)[/QUOTE] T5500 1.66 GHz :)

[QUOTE=Remianen;220774]I think you might be mistaken here. There are no Core Duo processors that run at 1.66 MHz (1.66 MHz is Pentium II speed). Besides that, I think RAM helps moreso than a juiced up processor. Might just be my obsession with it though. ;)[/QUOTE] Yes RAM definitely has a lot to do with it. Also, if you have had your computer on all day, reboot it. I notice an improvement in game load speeds after a reboot.

[QUOTE=Remianen;220774]I think you might be mistaken here. There are no Core Duo processors that run at 1.66 MHz (1.66 MHz is Pentium II speed). Besides that, I think RAM helps moreso than a juiced up processor. Might just be my obsession with it though. ;)[/QUOTE] you are correct besides all that 1.66 is not fast.

1.66mhz is WAAAAY slower then any Pentium II's speed. Hell, my original pentium ran at 33mhz. :D 1.66mhz is actually slower than a 486 which generally ran between 25mhz and 66mhz. Plus having a dual core may actually be hurting you in this case as TEW probably only uses one core and is therefore running at 1.66ghz. 1.66ghz is not really a decent speed in todays computer world.

[QUOTE=Carlzilla;220882]1.66mhz is WAAAAY slower then any Pentium II's speed. Hell, my original pentium ran at 33mhz. :D 1.66mhz is actually slower than a 486 which generally ran between 25mhz and 66mhz. Plus having a dual core may actually be hurting you in this case as TEW probably only uses one core and is therefore running at 1.66ghz. 1.66ghz is not really a decent speed in todays computer world.[/QUOTE] Exactly I could use an upgrade at this point and time and I am running a 2.8 then again any one using Intell should think about upgrading to AGP which is almost always an upgrade from an Intell

Ok i made a mistake (oops!), i have a Sony T2300 running at 1.666GHZ (duo). I bought it 9 months ago(laptop). It was one of the fastest and most powerful laptops for a 15 inch. I have 2 gigabites of ramas well to answer to all the guys saying my computer maybe good but with not ram i will struggle to increase the speed of my game.

Can't really say what might be the issue then. Honestly I've never had any problems with slow loading in TEW 07. I've got half that amount of ram but a much faster single core processor, so I'm going to guess again that since TEW may not be optimized for dual core and multi-threading, that you're only getting half of what your computer is capable of as far as sheer number crunching power is concerned.

[QUOTE=Capelli King;221148]Ok i made a mistake (oops!), i have a Sony T2300 running at 1.666GHZ (duo). I bought it 9 months ago(laptop). It was one of the fastest and most powerful laptops for a 15 inch. I have 2 gigabites of ramas well to answer to all the guys saying my computer maybe good but with not ram i will struggle to increase the speed of my game.[/QUOTE] First of all you neglected to mention it was a laptop lol there are faster laptops and there were 9months ago as well but it is a pretty decent speed. If you have 2 gigs of ram you are doing great with the system you have and it being a lap top all I can say is just keep on doing what Adam said.

Archived