Info on Hollyweird Grappling Company

So I've never really been a big TCW fan. Don't get me wrong, I love Tommy Cornell, and Rick Law... But other than that I tend to get bored really quickly for some reason. Neeeeeeedless to say, I was looking through out the Cornellverse playing area and realized there really isn't any real SE promotions challenging SWF, And seeing how I like to run a SE company more than really any other (despite CZCW)... I am thinking i'm going to bring back HGC! I remember when I first got this game back in the day of HGC vs. SWF and I LOVED those games! SOOOO, Needless to say I don't have those old games so my knowledge on HGC is quite shaky. I know that they were an SE fed with a lot of money, run by JK Stallings Jr... But other than that I'm kinda sketchy. Would they be a carbon copy of the SWF when it comes to product? Or would they differ in some areas? (Like Modern, Cause I remember they had a strong Cruiserweight division!) So I'm looking for anyone who may be able to refresh my memory on HGC. What peeps think would be a good product for HGC, prestige for titles? General Overness in the US, Outside of the US? I could do it all myself, but I thought I would try to get the most realistic version of the old company as possible so that way its more fun. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with TCW Yet.... Disban it? Try to cross over all the title lineage from TCW to HGC probably. I think in my "Cornellverse" I'll have him back away from the company only after 3 years of existence as TCW due to the stress of the job and he just wanting to go back to "wrestling" and not administrative work.. Put Cornell on Hiatus, Have JK take over HGC again. What ya think?

Right up front, you're going to have some troubles. There aren't enough popular workers in the US to fill the rosters of three different National-level promotions, so yeah, you'll probably want to just modify TCW. But even then you'll have problems. An awful lot of the stock TCW guys just aren't all that charismatic, and it's iffy whether or not a lot of them would fare well in a Sports Entertainment promotion. You'll need to prepare for a bunch of crappy angles while you try and build up some new stars, and book the talkers as much as the fans will tolerate them. You'll end up raiding DaVE and trying to steal talent from SWF and maybe the Canadian promotions, but you might get desperate enough for good entertainers that you'll even have to Feel the Force. And nobody wants that. I think there's a good chance that the reason HGC morphed into TCW was because there just aren't enough popular and charismatic workers to fill out two full sports entertainment promotions, and so TCW started to focus more on wrestling. It'll be interesting to see if you can pull it off.

That's what I was afraid of... and I kind of already thought that when I was chillin out today, So I'm not sure if this is actually going to work... Plus, It will be a hell of a lot of work to go through all of that so I guess maybe it's just best that I let the company fall by the wayside... Be something more like a "Historic" thing. I guess I'm just getting a little bored with booking the SWF, yet i love SE companies... So maybe I should just go with something like DaVe since it's close to mainstream and they have enough workers in their company to create some decent shows. Thanks for the heads up, You really helped me see why it would be ridiculously hard.

Archived