Almost all the discussion has been around fight related issues, I just wanted to throw out a few ideas on what everyone thinks about how they feel the promoting in the game should work. I feel for a match coming up, you should work with TV companies to buy air time to promote a fight(which you select from the card) and you then can record interviews with the fighters, or show them training in order to put together a video package or a special to be put on TV about the fight. Something similar to what UFC does sometimes, any other thoughts?

I think promotion should be a big part of the game....usally there is no "weekly" show to promote fights......in places like vegas and new york you will see big billboards for large fights.....i think diffrent advertisting options should be avalible.......everything from tv spots to sport mags to billboards in large citys.

Remember how in TEW you used to be able to send guys on tv shows and radio and things? Maybe Adam could bring that back where you would get a call from ESPNNews to have a guy or guys on their to promote the show, and their match. Or maybe go on the Howard Stern show, Jay Leno, MTV News, etc.

That actually would be great, I forgot about this old TEW option. But, you'd have to be a HUGE MMA name to go on a TV show, that is if the WMMA-verse is based exactly off the real world. Which I hope it isn't, as the Cornellverse has some interesting differences.

[QUOTE=thedraem41;232204]That actually would be great, I forgot about this old TEW option. But, you'd have to be a HUGE MMA name to go on a TV show, that is if the WMMA-verse is based exactly off the real world. [/QUOTE] That's actually not 100% true. Spike TV's little movie nights sometimes have fighters are the special guest host, and they aren't always the big stars. Rachelle Leah, Forrest, and Serra have hosted, and I wouldn't consider any of them "huge stars." Of course, this is facilitated by the fact that Spike and UFC are very close. Also, there have been a number of cameos by fighters on "King of Queens" because Kevin James is a big fan of MMA.

[QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;232199]Remember how in TEW you used to be able to send guys on tv shows and radio and things? Maybe Adam could bring that back where you would get a call from ESPNNews to have a guy or guys on their to promote the show, and their match. Or maybe go on the Howard Stern show, Jay Leno, MTV News, etc.[/QUOTE] Forgot all about that.

but spike also has a deal with ufc so i think that is why they do that........they always do alot of cross promotion stuff.....i remember years ago that they had the joe schmo guy come onto a raw show and talk for like ten minutes......i don't think it is because he was a star but just a way to promot the show........i think the ufc guys on the other spike shows is the same thing.....although that is really not the point of the thread so....sorry to take it off in a little rant ;)

[QUOTE=asdfx3;232211]That's actually not 100% true. Spike TV's little movie nights sometimes have fighters are the special guest host, and they aren't always the big stars. Rachelle Leah, Forrest, and Serra have hosted, and I wouldn't consider any of them "huge stars." Of course, this is facilitated by the fact that Spike and UFC are very close. Also, there have been a number of cameos by fighters on "King of Queens" because Kevin James is a big fan of MMA.[/QUOTE] Maybe it's something you could work with you TV network with, and good point.

[QUOTE=PoisonedSuperman;232199]Remember how in TEW you used to be able to send guys on tv shows and radio and things? Maybe Adam could bring that back where you would get a call from ESPNNews to have a guy or guys on their to promote the show, and their match. Or maybe go on the Howard Stern show, Jay Leno, MTV News, etc.[/QUOTE] Yeah nice little feature i almost forgot

Archived