I was just wondering if this is a good idea. Since in WMMA is about real fights, what if gangs and other people tried to influence fighters by bribing them or the owner attempted to tell a fighter to "lay down" and offer him a bonus to help the promotion. But, of course if you get caught it could mean massive amounts of fans turning against you on the internet and not show up to your events. This is kind of like the dirty tricks from EWR..and seems like it'd be cool.

Why not alter that a bit to 'Sponsors', since they're actually a huge part of MMA right now. Certain Sponsors might ask you to have someone 'pushed' or in the big fights. Those would be considered 'dirty' sponsors, and likely have a bad reputation besides just that, but don't want to be shown as a Sponsor and just want you to 'push' this certain athlete. And other Sponsors just give you money for advertising! Basically.. Honest Sponsors Dirty Sponsors Not a whole lot of diversity there, I guess you could add 'Mafioso/Yakuza' sponsors too. If those got found out, it'd probably damage your reputation badly in whatever country you're operating in. Lose honest sponsors, and probably most honest arenas and television stations will have nothing to do with you. Not to mention you'd lose the money from the Mafioso/Yakuza. But you could just do that with Dirty Sponsors too.

Well usually sponsers are legal, and I think you would have to report every "sponser" for taxes. So, I think it'd be cool if like the Yakuza asked for a private meeting and worked out a deal, and if you didn't follow through something may happen to the fighter you didn't want to win. Just something to add to the game.

I think sponsors should definitely be in the game. In MMA sometimes as much as half the money the fighters get (5 fight 5million deal migh tbe 5x500,000 a fight + sponsor dollars) if they sign with some orgs comes from sponsors.

Well, if you're signed with that sponsor as well, and you aren't reporting it .. you run the risk of getting ousted by either them or by the authorities. Having to pay fines, taking a hit in popularity, etc. They could be like the TEW bosses where they have little 'goals' for you to complete in order for them not to oust you, or stop paying you.

I'm not liking that exactly, that's too much the the TEW bosses that keep the same goals over a long stretch. Not a huge fan of that.. I was thinking they could pop up from time to time and offer you money for a certain person to win in their next fight, and then you go talk to the fighters, and run the risk of them reporting it. Then if they accept it happens, if it doesn't the group could do something to your fighters. Then there could be the option for you to decline and go public with the organizations dirty offer.

Well, I think your idea would work too. It would still be a sponsor technically, but you'd get into trouble for accepting it if you got caught either way. Either by not completing what they wanted you to do, or by completing what they wanted you to do and by random chance you got caught. I think the whole 'offer' thing is better - something that could pop up when you're hurting for money, then the long term sponsorship.

Well if you did decline, they wouldn't always follow through on their threats. But, I think the most important part is that you enter a negotiation screen to add more depth to the game. So, you can work everything out and add some excitement. I'm thinking it could pop up at anytime, not just if you're in desperate need of money.

Archived