Slim Jim & The Shape Present World Wrestling Entertainment

King Of The Ring Qualifier [B]John Cena[/B] vs. Jamie Noble King Of The Ring Qualifier Kane vs. [B]Paul London[/B] King Of The Ring Qualifier Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. [B]Rob Van Dam[/B] Chris Benoit vs. Jeff Hardy Fifteen-Minute Time Limit PLUS: The new number one contender, Edge, will be in the arena!

[center][img]http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/244/sdheadernw9.png[/img] [b]May Week 4 2007 – WWE Smackdown from the Conte Forum in Boston, Massachusetts[/b][/center] [color=#0066CC][b]John Cena vs. Jamie Noble – King Of The Ring Qualifier[/b][/color] [i]Noble focuses on Cena’s head, which still bares stitches, but Cena battles back and unleashes the dreaded Cena-combination, finishing Noble off with an F-U for the three count.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] C-[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment One:[/b][/color] [i]After the match, Cena grabs a microphone, starts to rip into Ken Kennedy, and then moves on to insult the other King Of The Ring entrants. He ends his short promo by declaring that “The King is here!” before dropping the microphone and heading back up the ramp. As Cena reaches the curtain “KENNEDY!” rings through the arena, and Mr. Money In The Bank Ken Kennedy steps out from behind the curtain, brushing past Cena as he heads down to the ring. Kennedy grabs a microphone and tells Cena that no one came to see him, so he had better leave before the fans decide to go home. Cena glares briefly at Kennedy, but instead of rushing to the ring as many hope, he heads to the back. Kennedy continues to speak, hyping himself up and insulting the “lesser superstars” who have to compete in King Of The Ring to get a title shot. To the surprise of the fans that were expecting a King Of The Ring entrant to appear, “You Think You Know Me!” hits and Edge comes out! The new number one contender heads down to the ring, rolls in and takes a microphone. Edge tells Kennedy that he’s bored of hearing him go on and on about his guaranteed title shot, because everyone knows he’ll never be the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Kennedy reminds Edge that he wasn’t exactly successful at Judgment Day against The Undertaker, prompting “oooh”s from the crowd. The Rated R Superstar is quick to reply, challenging Kennedy to cash in his title shot at King Of The Ring, after he defeats The Undertaker! Before Ken Kennedy can retort, the music of Spike Dudley hits and the self-proclaimed boss of Smackdown comes out onto the stage. Spike says that all he’s seen from Edge and Kennedy is a lot of talk but not much walk so tonight “in that very ring” Ken Kennedy will team with CM Punk to take on Edge and…Vladimir Koslov! Edge is quick to protest, claiming Spike has no power but Kennedy interjects that Edge is just scared, forcing Edge to back down and accept the match.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Kane vs. Paul London – King Of The Ring Qualifier[/b][/color] [i]After a short commercial break, the second match of the night gets underway. Paul London is quick off the mark, taking the match to his larger opponent with quick forearm blows and dropsaults. London ducks a clothesline and attempts a bulldog but Kane reverses it into a huge sidewalk slam! Once he had the control, Kane didn’t let up. He tossed and slammed London around the ring, but London attempted one last comeback but to no avail, as Kane dropped him with a huge Chokeslam and picked up the three count.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B-[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Two:[/b][/color] [i]Suddenly the Smackdown feed cuts out, and a poor quality picture replaces it. Soon the picture clears up, and three dark figures can be seen in a wrestling ring. Another figure cross in front of them, as the lights come up slightly to reveal it is Eric Bischoff and the New World Order! Bischoff hypes Nash, Hall and Hogan in turn, touting them as the most dominant force in wrestling. Bischoff sarcastically wishes Paul Heyman luck, as the picture returns to Smackdown.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Three:[/b][/color] [i]Backstage The Tornado whooshes into the path of Gregory Helms, startling the former Cruiserweight Champion. Tornado tells Helms he knows that there is a super hero inside him, desperate to get out. Helms continues walking, trying to ignore the blue-spandex clad crime-fighter. Tornado is relentless; he urges Helms to “unleash the good within” but Helms isn’t interested. He enters his locker room, and slams the door in Tornado’s face. Disappointed, he whooshes off down the corridor.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B-[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Chavo Guerrero vs. The Undertaker[/b][/color] [i]The WWE World Heavyweight Champion makes short work of Guerrero. Undertaker hits all the usual spots – corner punch combo, turnbuckle splash, old school – before slapping his right-hand around Chavo’s throat and finishing him off with a Chokeslam.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Four:[/b][/color] [i]As Chavo rolls from the ring and heads up the ramp, Undertaker begins to speak…without a microphone. Weird. Using his supernatural powers, Undertaker’s voice echoes through the arena. He tells Edge that he has angered The Reaper Of Wayward Souls for the final time, and that in one month’s time at King Of The Ring he will Rest…In…Peace.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Five:[/b][/color] [i]CM Punk is walking backstage when he stops, almost as if he feels someone watching him. He looks around, doesn't see anyone, and so continues walking. Seconds later, a shadowy figure emerges from hiding, having been there the whole time, and runs off.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Hollywood Hulk Hogan vs. Rob Van Dam – King Of The Ring Qualifier[/b][/color] [i]The action is slow as the match begins, with Hogan keeping RVD under control with sleeper holds and clotheslines. Just when it seems like the match will be a total bore, Van Dam suddenly sparks into life! He nails Hogan with a quick barrage of kicks, bringing him to one knee before knocking him to the canvas with a huge roundhouse. The crowd are suddenly electric, as RVD heads to the top rope. Hogan returns to his feet, only to be met with a flying kick to the jaw. Van Dam springs back to his feet and attempts to continue the attack with some forearms but…uh oh…Hogan hulks up! He beats RVD back, and flattens him with a big boot! Arrogantly, Hogan performs his trademark taunt, drawing HUGE heat from the crowd but Van Dam nips up! Hogan attempts a clothesline, but RVD drops to the canvas. Van Dam is quickly back to a vertical base, and takes Hogan down with a spinning heel kick. Sensing the end is near RVD jumps to the top rope and lines Hogan up…FIVE STAR FROGSPLASH! Rob Van Dam covers, one…two…three![/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] A[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Six:[/b][/color] [i]Paul Heyman comes out onto the stage, flanked by Rhino, Tajiri and Sabu, looking as pleased as punch and brandishing a microphone. He starts by congratulating RVD on a job well done as he heads up the ramp to join his colleagues, before telling Hogan and the fans that at King Of The Ring the New World Order will face the team of Rob Van Dam, Rhino and Tajiri![/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Seven:[/b][/color] [i]Petey Williams approaches Chris Benoit, who is talking to a backstage official, and asks the veteran how he got his break in wrestling. Benoit, seemingly a little annoyed at the interruption, tells Petey that he worked wherever he could get a job and spent twenty four hours a day trying to improve. Williams asks Benoit if he’ll wrestle him, drawing a wry smile from the Rabid Wolverine. Benoit says that he’ll see if he can pull some strings to get Petey a match soon, before walking off, leaving the youngster looking psyched up.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] C+[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Eight:[/b][/color] [i]Smackdown cuts to a highlight package of England, showing the Angel Of The North, Big Ben and the Houses Of Parliament, The London Eye, the new Wembley Stadium and, of course, Buckingham Palace before fading to a full screen image of the English flag. Gradually the image of William Regal fades into view. The flag disappears, and William Regal is seen standing outside the gates of the Palace. He proceeds to cut a promo about England being the greatest country in the world, the head of the world’s largest empire…an empire where the sun was always shining. Regal continues that the “scoundrels” of America used underhanded and ungentlemanly conduct to steal the dregs of the global territory built up by Queen Victoria. Finally Regal reaches his point, declaring that when he wins the King Of The Ring an English monarch will once again rule over America.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] A*[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Shannon Moore vs. Taka Michinoku[/b][/color] [i]Taka Michinoku makes his debut against Shannon Moore, in an evenly matched contest. A blue-haired Shannon looks to have the match won following a Mooregasm, but as he moves in for the pin Taka rolls him up! He puts his feet on the ropes and grabs a handful of tights, but the referee doesn’t see it! One, two, three! Taka steals it![/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Nine:[/b][/color] [i]CM Punk is shown backstage, where officials are trying to calm him down. He is furious as he has just found that somebody has broken into his locker room and stolen his gym bag, containing his ring gear. In its place is a note that reads “Confess”.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Ten:[/b][/color] [i]Elsewhere Jimmy Yang is talking to a random staff member, when Super Crazy approaches, with the Cruiserweight Championship on his shoulder. Crazy shines it arrogantly, and a look of disgust and hatred fills Yang’s eyes. Crazy says it took a long time to get the smell of sushi off the belt, but now at least now it’s with a real champion. This insult is too much for Yang, who strikes Crazy with a left hand. A brawl immediately erupts between the two, but officials are quick on the scene – almost as if it was planned – and pull them apart. When it seems both men have calmed down, they are released but Super Crazy springs forward and lays Yang out with a belt shot to the head! Laughing, he tells the former champion that’s as close as he’ll be getting to the belt any time soon.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B-[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Chris Benoit vs. Jeff Hardy[/b][/color] [i]The two competitors shake hands as the bell rings, before locking up. Benoit takes control with a headlock, until Jeff pushes him away and attempts a dropkick but Benoit grabs the ropes and watches Jeff hit nothing but air. Hardy gets back to his feet, acknowledging Benoit’s ring presence. The US Champion darts forward but Jeff steps to the side and takes him down with a drop-toehold. Not wanting to give Benoit an opening, Jeff grabs his legs and connects with a legdrop to the crotch. Hardy tries to lift Benoit to his feet but gets rolled up! One, two, kickout! Benoit keeps his focus, dropping Jeff with a back suplex, before following up with two snap suplexes, and then an armbar. Jeff reaches the ropes, and the hold is broken. Benoit ducks a clothesline attempt and locks his arms round Hardy’s waist, but Jeff blocks the German suplex and counters into a pinfall attempt! One, two, kickout! Both men get back to their feet, with Benoit trying to drive Jeff into the corner but he braces for it and locks Benoit’s head under his arm. Twist Of Fate! Jeff heads to the top rope and goes for a Swanton Bomb but Chris Benoit rolls out of the way! Both men slowly return to their feet, and Jeff attempts a dropkick but the Rabid Wolverine grabs his leg and locks in an anklelock! Hardy writhes in pain, trying in desperation not to give up. Jeff struggles towards the ropes, but Benoit locks his legs around him, stopping him crawling. Hardy reaches but the ropes are just too far away. Jeff raises his arm, ready to tap, but suddenly the bell rings! The time is up! Chris Benoit releases the hold and helps Hardy to his feet. The two shake hands once again, before playing to the crowd.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Eleven:[/b][/color] [i]The camera cuts backstage where we find Vladimir Koslov warming up alone. Edge comes in and Koslov instantly stops, turning towards the Rated R Superstar. He towers over him, but Edge isn’t intimidated in the least…they are tag team partners after all. Edge asks Koslov if he’s ready, but the Russian just continues to stare at Edge. Unsure about what else to say Edge taps Koslov’s chest a couple of times and says he’ll see him out there, before turning to leave but Koslov pulls him back! He tells Edge, in his thick Russian accent, that if he beats The Undertaker at King Of The Ring, Kennedy won’t be the only one gunning for him![/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B-[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Twelve:[/b][/color] [i]Elsewhere we find Ken Kennedy and CM Punk talking…more specifically arguing. Kennedy is trying to convince Punk that the Straight Edge Superstar doesn’t need too much help tonight, so he’ll stay on the apron. CM responds by calling Kennedy a coward, but says that if he has to he’ll beat Edge and Koslov alone but if he has to do that, his next target will be Kennedy and his Money In The Bank briefcase![/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]CM Punk & Ken Kennedy vs. Edge & Vladimir Koslov[/b][/color] [i]Edge and CM Punk start the match, and engage in an exchange of copycat moves. Growing ever more irritated that Edge is merely copying his moves, Punk starts to get more extravagant, pulling out some incredible moves. Following a spinning Northern lights slam, Punk tries to tag out but Kennedy pretends not to see him, instead looking into the crowd. Not being one to mess around, Punk chops Kennedy’s chest, tagging him in. Kennedy looks shocked and emotionally hurt that Punk could do such a thing and refuses to enter the ring. He stands on the outside, in a comedic huff until the referee’s count reaches eight and Punk throws him into the ring! Edge is quick to pounce, but Kennedy fights him off, taking him down with a quick DDT. Kennedy rolls from the ring and grabs his Money In The Bank briefcase. He stalks Edge but as he swings back, Punk grabs the briefcase! He tosses it from the ring, and an irate Kennedy shoves him and starts to shout at his partner. Punk ignores him and returns to the apron. Kennedy turns back towards Edge but as he does he gets cut in half with a Spear out of nowhere! Edge covers, one…two…thrKICKOUT! Edge can’t believe it! He skulks back to his corner to stalk Kennedy again, but Koslov blind tags himself in! Kennedy groggily gets to his feet and sees the Russian coming towards him, and in a flash he tags CM Punk back in! Kennedy rolls from the ring, grabs his briefcase and heads back up the ramp. Punk is less cowardly, as he meets the challenge head on with quick blows, but Koslov blocks his attempted takedown and lifts Punk high in the air. After holding him at least nine feet in the air for several seconds, he slams Punk down to the canvas, shaking the ring. Proving he’s more than a monster, Koslov applies an Indian Deathlock, which has Punk squirming to get free. After a short struggle, CM reaches the ropes and the hold is broken. Thinking quickly, Punk slides onto the apron and guillotines Koslov on the top rope, before climbing the turnbuckle. As the big Russian stumbles backwards, Punk takes him down with a missile dropkick. As Koslov falls, Edge tags in, unseen by Punk! CM Punk stalks Koslov, waiting for him to get up but behind him he’s being stalked by Edge! The referee informs Punk of the tag, and he spins round…right into a Spear! Edge covers, one…two…three![/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B-[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Thirteen:[/b][/color] [i]Clutching his midsection, CM Punk rolls from the ring and heads up the ramp. In the ring Vladimir Koslov stands behind a celebrating Edge. The Rated R Superstar steps backwards, bumping into the Russian. At first he looks scared, but when he realises it’s his tag team partner his fear turns to relief but not for long as Koslov grabs him by the throat! But suddenly the lights go out! A few moments pass before a gong rings through the arena! When the lights come back up, The Undertaker is in the ring! Koslov is still holding Edge in the air, and slams him down hard to the canvas, before turning round and seeing the champion. As Smackdown ends Undertaker and Koslov are left standing toe-to-toe, locked in a staredown.[/i] [indent][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color][/indent] [color=#0066CC][b]Overall Rating: B+[/b][/color] [b]Quick Results:[/b] John Cena over Jamie Noble in 2:56 Kane over Paul London in 9:50 The Undertaker over Chavo Guerrero in 2:57 Rob Van Dam over Hollywood Hulk Hogan in 7:30 TAKA Michinoku over Shannon Moore in 5:59 Chris Benoit drew with Jeff Hardy in 15:00 Edge & Vladimir Koslov over CM Punk & Ken Kennedy in 13:54

[QUOTE=The Shape;242008]So do people here just predict now and then, with nobody ever actually commenting on shows? Cause if I'm not gonna get any worthwhile feedback I'm not going to bother posting my shows anymore.[/QUOTE] Look, man, it's a shame that people don't reply much on here, but don't take it like a personal insult. Just do and enjoy it, and be safe in the knowledge that if you're getting predictions, people are enjoying what you are doing and are reading. If you aren't doing this for yourself, then look at the views per post. That should tell you that people are reading. If you look through other diaries (which I hope you do) you'll see that no-one really gets lots of feedback, especially not new ones. You will get a fanbase if you stick with it for a while. For the most part, people on here are intelligent and mature enough to show you respect when this has been around long enough. But as this is a current day WWE diary, and as there is a lot of them popping up, some people will want to make sure this isn't a two week flash in the pan before getting too into it. Okay, time for actual feedback. This is promising. But I get the feeling that for every 4 really good, creative things you're doing, you're doing something strange and a bit dodgy too. This is one of the more creative WWE diaries I've seen, and things like the Worlds Most Valuable Bodyguard, Queen Kong, The Undertaker segments, the Williams - Benoit segments are really good and the whole Tornado still seeing the superhero in Helms is gold (as long as you don't make Helms the Hurricane again). But then you include stuff like Hogan jobbing on Smackdown, using over the hill vets, incredibly over Rey Mysterio jobbing in his comeback match, and hiring are so many new people. Even if this had been going on for a year gametime this would be too much. Jericho, Hogan, Hall, Taka, Queen Kong, Spike Dudley, Petey Williams, Rosey etc. That's a lot of people to include, and it loses the sense of realism in my opinion. This isn't me saying I hate this, because I don't, but you wanted creative criticism and feedback.

I totally agree. Don't become disheartened but, realistically, people never leave that much feedback. If you look at my diary it's been running for the longest amount of time on here (minus Scap's SWF but that's now finished I believe). Nevertheless, apart from a few avid followers (props to Keefy, Trell, Stallion, Mtm2k6, Game-Face and co) I don't get scores of posts leaving comments. You'll know your efforts are appreciated by the odd spontaneous moment. For instance, people who I didn't know read my diary voted for it in DOTM, and after one specific show (that I put a particular amount of effort into) people were kind enough to praise it. In short, don't get bummed out - people have a lot on, in the main, and won't often have time to comment to any great extent. The best way to write a diray, as Keefy said, is for yourself. Do it for your own enjoymnt primarily and that will not only make it a more fun experience but will also probably maximise the quality of your creative efforts. Good luck, boys ;). Quote The Raven Nevermore

Very good show, was very pleased to see RVD beat Hogan :D And i would have thought Noble could have carried Cena to a better match than that, but I suppose as a squash it didn't really matter. I like the direction it's going in and you do push decent people :p Keep them coming :)

[center][img]http://www.psdprotocol.com/previews/full/7401.png[/img] [b]Monday Night Raw, Live from The Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota[/b][/center] [color=red]Just six days before the Vengeance Pay Per View, Raw is set to be explosive as the fallout from last week and the return of Rey Mysterio is felt. Rey couldn't top off his fairytale comeback with a victory after being on the receiving end of a Batista Bomb from his former friend, who along with Randy Orton challenges Shawn Michaels for his WWE Championship in under a week. Will Shawn Michaels get back on track after two main event losses in as many weeks? Or will Evolution continue to reign supreme? Queen Kong continued to reign supreme over the Women's Division last week with a dominating title defence against Candice Michelle, and continued the beatdown after the match until Mickie James made the save. Now, the Playboy covergirl gets a chance at revenge as she teams up with Mickie to take on the Women's Champion in a handicap match. Mickie and Candice both no doubt have their eyes on the gold around Kong's waist, but they'll need to be a united force to pull out a victory. Can they pull off the impossible, or will the Queen remain undefeated? Another two dominant champions are The Samoan Bulldozers, Rokuda and Umaga, who have taken the tag-team division by storm as of late. However, their Vengeance opponents, Cryme Tyme, have been on a roll as of late too, and get the chance to enhance their chances of pay per view victory as JTG takes on Rokuda in singles competition. The presence of their respective partners along with Armando Elejandro Estrada at ringside will no doubt have an effect on the outcome, but who will score the decisive win? Also this week, the team of Booker T and Shelton Benjamin will take on two of their Vengeance opponents; Elijah Burke and Marcus Cor Von, just days before their Vengeance handicap match which will see Bobby Lashley added into the equation. Booker and Shelton have both made some very powerful enemies in recent months, and the odds are against them given the likely presence of Bobby Lashley, Shane McMahon and the chairman himself in the arena. Will the six-time World Champion and the WWE's premier athlete put a severe dent in McMahon's plans, or will the numbers game prove too much?[/color] [b]Scheduled Matches:[/b] Queen Kong vs. Mickie James & Candice Michelle JTG vs. Rokuda Booker T & Shelton Benjamin vs. The New Breed [b]PLUS:[/b] Carlito's Cabana with a very special guest: Mr. Kennedy!

• 3 weeks later...
Shape didn't bother posting RAW here for some reason, and until he does I can't do anything. I think it's probably because on the other board where we post this diary, we usually get half a dozen comments per show, whereas here people read it but stay silent, with the occasional prediction here and there, and mostly wait for pay per views. If he doesn't bother posting RAW soon, I may copy and paste it over from the other site because we have actually done RAW & SD from June Week 1, Vengeance and RAW & SD from June Week 2 on there.

[QUOTE=Slim Jim;247972] If he doesn't bother posting RAW soon, I may copy and paste it over from the other site because we have actually done RAW & SD from June Week 1, Vengeance and RAW & SD from June Week 2 on there.[/QUOTE] Could you link me to that? Wouldn't mind reading ahead.

[URL="http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/4200/t899420-shape-slim-jim-present-world-wrestling-entertainment-ii/"]Here[/URL] I think I'll go ahead and do the old C&P tomorrow for anyone that doesn't want to find their way over there whenever they want to read this diary. Personally, I really want to keep this diary alive over here because of the plans Shape and I have made recently for the coming months in the game. While I'm here, I think I'll respond to some of the comments people have left. [QUOTE]This is promising. But I get the feeling that for every 4 really good, creative things you're doing, you're doing something strange and a bit dodgy too. This is one of the more creative WWE diaries I've seen, and things like the Worlds Most Valuable Bodyguard, Queen Kong, The Undertaker segments, the Williams - Benoit segments are really good and the whole Tornado still seeing the superhero in Helms is gold (as long as you don't make Helms the Hurricane again). But then you include stuff like Hogan jobbing on Smackdown, using over the hill vets, incredibly over Rey Mysterio jobbing in his comeback match, and hiring are so many new people. Even if this had been going on for a year gametime this would be too much. Jericho, Hogan, Hall, Taka, Queen Kong, Spike Dudley, Petey Williams, Rosey etc. That's a lot of people to include, and it loses the sense of realism in my opinion.[/QUOTE] Having brilliant moments at a ratio of 4:1 with the bad moments is better than real life WWE :D Seriously though, I can really see what you mean for the most part, though Hogan didn't really job. I mean, sure RVD isn't nearly as over, but on balance it will work out pretty realistically when the NWO/Extremists feud is over. As for the new people, most of them were my bad, which is odd as I'm normally a stickler for realism. Even the Jericho and Rosey signings on RAW came from me >_< I just wanted to get my roster to a place where it had sufficient balance in terms of overness, ability and storyline potential, which it now has so it should be unchanged for a while now [unless we swap people between the two brands for some reason]. Thanks for the feedback, this is the kind of thing that helps us improve our booking. To be honest, the lack of comments doesn't bother me as much as it does Shape, because I definitely have the GDS mindset when it comes to comments. I read diaries without replying, but when the writer posts a great show or a PPV, I'll break out a comment to show my interest in the diary.

[CENTER][img]http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9956/rawheaderqr2.png[/img] [b]Monday Night Raw, Live from The Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota[/b][/CENTER] [color=red][b]Segment 1:[/b][/color] [i]Matt Hardy comes to the ring to a big ovation, talking about how good it felt to return last week...except for one tiny little thing; the beatdown he received last week after his win. He blames Ric Flair for "deserting him", and, taking objection the Nature Boy soon joins him in the ring, reminding Matt that he tried to come to his aid, but was outnumbered. Furious, Hardy is having none of it. He accuses Flair of preparing to rejoin Evolution, and gets a slap as a result. A brawl breaks out, and a referee charges to the ring to make this an official matchup![/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] B-[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Ric Flair vs. Matt Hardy[/b][/color] [i]Flair is overpowered but soon lives up to his moniker with a thumb to the eye, before strutting around the ring to the crowd's delight. Hardy charges towards him and throws a fist, only for Flair to duck and nail a knife edge chop! And another! He backs Hardy into the corner, chopping the hell out of him, until Matt kicks him in the gut and throws him into the corner, climbing to the second rope and delivering punches until Flair shoves him away. The Intercontinental Champion then wrestles Matt to the ground and keeps him there, looking for a Figure Four Leglock, but Hardy kicks him away, and Flair goes head first into the turnbuckle! He turns around: Twist of F-NO! Flair shoves him away! Hardy rebounds from the ropes and Flair rolls him up - but Hardy rolls through for a cover of his own! 1, 2, 3![/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] B[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Segment 2:[/b][/color] [i]Matt gets to his feet and celebrates in delight before leaving the ring and grabbing the Intercontinental Championship. He stares at it for a moment before handing it back over to the Nature Boy, and Flair returns the respect by extending his hand, but is interrupted as MVP and Burchill slide into the ring and knock Hardy down from behind! They stomp a mudhole in the fan favourite as Flair looks on, before slowly shaking his head and turning his back, walking away with a smirk on his face as Porter and his bodyguard continue the beating.[/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] B[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Segment 3:[/b][/color] [i]Backstage, Vince McMahon is seen in his office, provoking heat from the crowd as a knock is heard on the door, with the reaction soon turning to a huge ovation as Rey Mysterio enters the room! Rey talks about how last week he was so close to his dream comeback, but thanks to Batista came up short. Pleading for the chance to make things right for his good friend Shawn Michaels, Rey asks for a spot in the Vengeance main event! Vince seems incredulous, but then suggests another idea - a main event tonight pitting Rey Mysterio against...Randy Orton! And if Rey gets the win, he will get a title shot next Sunday! The crowd look delighted as Mysterio thanks McMahon for the opportunity, and psyches himself up as he leaves the office.[/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Queen Kong vs. Mickie James & Candice Michelle:[/b][/color] [i]As JR & King hype up the fact that Mickie James will fight for Kong's Women's Championship at Vengeance, her and Candice give it there all but end up overpowered every time they enter the ring. Out of desperation, Candice grabs the Women's Title belt and enters the ring, swinging it at Kong, but the Champion blocks the shot, grabs the belt and nails the Playboy covergirl right on the skull! As the referee calls for a disqualification, Mickie comes to Candice's aid, only to meet a similar fate as Kong nails her with the gold![/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] D[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Segment 4:[/b][/color] [i]After a commercial break, with no music, a masked man comes to the ring, dragging a gagged Melina in his week. As the two reach the ring, the kidnapper removes the gag from Melina and hands her a microphone, menacingly surrounding her as she timidly states that "her master" is issuing a challenge to Johnny Nitro for the Vengeance pay per view. If Nitro wins, then not only will her master reveal his identity, but he will hand Melina back to her boyfriend. The kidnapper then places the gag back on Melina and drags her up the ramp, but stops in his tracks as Johnny Nitro appears from behind the curtain! The man on a mission darts towards his distressed girlfriend, but the kidnapper quickly evades the charge and leaps over the barricade, dragging Melina through the crowd and out of the arena as Nitro collapses to the ground in disappointment, his head in his hands.[/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] B[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Segment 5:[/b][/color] [i]JR and King discuss what just happened, before moving on to the topic of Cryme Tyme's ongoing feud with The Samoan Bulldozers, and JTG's upcoming match against Rokuda. Neither man picks a winner, but both agree that Shad and Umaga will no doubt have an effect on the outcome. Just then, the cameras cut backstage where Shad is seen sneaking around, stealthily approaching a door labelled "Mike Chioda - Senior Referee". He carefully opens the locker room door, before searching around and smirking deviously as he notices a referee's shirt lying on the bench. He lifts up the shirt, puts it on and exits the room. Back in the ring, JTG and Rokuda make their entrances, but before the match begins, Shad enters, sporting the tight-fitting striped shirt. He dismisses bewildered referee Chad Patton, before calling for the bell to start the match.[/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]JTG vs. Rokuda - Special Guest Referee; Shad:[/b][/color] [i]JTG and Shad exchange a handshake as Rokuda looks confused and charges in for a clothesline. He knocks JTG for the floor and makes a cover, but Shad doesn't count. The Bulldozer screams in anger as Shad responds with a cheeky grin, and JTG rolls Rokuda up from behind! Shad counts quickly - 1, 2, no; Rokuda gets a foot up. JTG keeps up the momentum as he forces Rokuda into the corner, but the Samoan counters the ten-punch and lifts JTG into the air, slamming him to the floor! He goes for the cover, but again Shad doesn't count! Atop the ramp, Umaga emerges, shouting something at his partner, who appears to be the only person in the arena to understand. He scales the top rope, before crushing JTG with a huge splash! When Shad refuses to count, he is confronted by Umaga, and the two argue as behind them, Rokuda grabs a tag team title belt and stalks JTG! He swings, but JTG ducks and rolls him up! Shad quickly low blows Umaga before turning back to make the count - 1, 2, 3! In bizarre circumstances, JTG picks up the win![/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] B-[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Segment 6:[/b][/color] [i]After the break, the set for Carlito's Cabana is already in the ring, and the ****y Puerto Rican soon makes his entrance, sporting the contract that he last week smugly proclaimed was his "ticket to the top". He insults the Target Center fans before introducing his guest: Mr. Kennedy! Kennedy receives a loud mixed reaction and the two begin to talk about Kennedy's Money in the Bank, and the circumstances in which he won it. Carlito introduces the footage of his invasion in the Wrestlemania ladder match, and how he and Kennedy threw Chris Jericho off the ladder to cost him the match, replaying the incident several times. Carlito then states that just like Mr. Kennedy, he too has a guarenteed title shot, because of the contract he holds in his hand, which states that at Vengeance, he will face Chris Jericho in a number one contenders match! Boasting about how this match will be a repeat of his victory at Backlash, Carlito is taken aback as Chris Jericho sprints down the ramp, and a brawl ignites! Wanting nothing to do with Y2J, Kennedy makes a sharp exit as Jericho beats the hell out of Carlito, before looking under the ring and pulling out...a ladder! He slides the ladder into the ring and lifts it up, nailing Carlito with it several times and busting him open, before grabbing a microphone and announcing that at Vengeance, the two men will finish their feud in a match resemblant of where it all began three months ago - a ladder match! Jericho stands tall in the ring with the crowd chanting his name as Raw goes to a commercial break.[/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] A*[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Booker T & Shelton Benjamin vs. The New Breed w/Shane McMahon:[/b][/color] [i]Booker & Shelton work seamlessly together and dominate the early goings with quick tags and double-team moves, but the tables are turned when Burke nails a low blow as Shane McMahon distracts the referee. Cor Von is tagged in and overpowers Shelton for several minutes before lifting him up for an Alpha Bomb, but Shelton counters with a Hurricanrana! He dives towards his corner and searches for the tag, but the Alpha Male tags in Burke, who drags Shelton back into the middle of the ring! Burke lifts Benjamin to his feet and Shelton nails a kick, but Elijah grabs his foot, only to be nailed by a Dragon Whip! Shelton dives towards Booker and finally makes the tag! Booker cleans house and nails a Spinebuster on the onrushing Cor Von, before kicking Burke in the gut and delivering a Scissor Kick a Shane McMahon looks on in disbelief! 1, 2, 3! [/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] B[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Segment 7:[/b][/color] [i]Shelton enters the ring and raises his partner's arm, but the celebration is cut short as the music of Vince McMahon hits! Vince comes out onto the stage backed up by the imposing presence of Bobby Lashley, and says that he's sick and tired of people letting him down. Because Burke and Cor Von can't get the job done, the Vengeance match is going to be changed slightly, because as of now, Booker and Shelton will be going up against Bobby Lashley, Shane McMahon...and Vince himself! As everyone in the ring looks on in disbelief, Lashley sternly nods in approval and the two men turn their backs and leave the ring, as Burke and Cor Von eyeball Shane, who protests his innocence.[/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Segment 8:[/b][/color] [i]Backstage, Todd Grisham is seen with a microphone, introducing Evolution as interviewees for today. Batista remains relatively silent in the background as Grish asks Orton about his upcoming main event match with Rey Mysterio, and the Legend Killer couldn't be more confident. He says that Rey's decision to return to Raw was a bold move, but as last week proved, it's not going to pay off - no matter how good an athlete Mysterio is, he's had his time, and has been bypassed by the wonder of evolution. Orton promises that tonight, another legend will be killed - and at Vengeance, the legend of Evolution will be created. Orton then strides off screen, leaving Batista to stare at Grisham through his tinted shades for several seconds, causing an intidated Grisham to back away.[/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Segment 9:[/b][/color] [i]As the announcers hype up the impending main event, Shawn Michaels is shown backstage watching a monitor, clearly as interested as to the outcome of this match as anyone else.[/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton:[/b][/color] [i]Ignoring the presence of Batista at ringside, Mysterio comes out of the blocks firing on all cylindars, flying around the ring at a blistering pace. After several stiff kicks to the legs he rebonds from the ropes and charges towards Orton, but is met by a huge clothesline! The Legend Killer proceeds to take control of the matchup, picking apart Rey's limbs with methodical offence, but eventually Rey absorbs the energy from the crowd and fights out of a headlock, evading Orton's blow and nailing a Tornado DDT! Having gained his second wind, he climbs up top and looks set to leap off, but Batista gets up onto the apron and shoves him onto the barricade outside the ring; Rey crashes and burns! The Animal protests his innocence as the referee reprimands him, but Mike Chioda is incredulous - he orders Batista to get his ass backstage! Furious, Batista takes off his suit jacket and throws it to the floor, before being escorted up the ramp by a plethora of officials and road agents. A worried Orton shouts abuse at Chioda, only to get rolled up from behind by Rey! 1, 2, no! Orton kicks out! He knocks Rey down and stalks him, looking for an RKO, but Rey shoves him away! Orton rebounds from the ropes and runs right into a drop toehold! Rey looks around, dials it up - 619! He gets on the apron and soaks up the ovation before springing off the top rope - West Coast Pop! The crowd go wild as the referee counts: 1, 2, 3![/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] A*[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Segment 10:[/b][/color] [i]A delighted Mysterio celebrates as the fans go wild, and JR and King hype up the Vengeance main event now being a fatal fourway. But as Rey plays to the crowd, Orton slowly recovers and stalks him from behind! But unbeknown to him, Shawn Michaels sprints down the ramp! He drags Orton out of the ring: Sweet Chin Music! The champion taunts Orton before sliding into the ring, and staring down Mysterio, before extending his hand as a sign of respect. Mysterio returns the gesture and shakes his hand, before letting go and raising his arms, then turning around - right into a Sweet Chin Music! Michaels smirks and shoves his belt in the face of the challenger, provoking a huge mixed reaction as Raw comes to a close.[/i] [INDENT] [color=red][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color] [/INDENT] [color=red][b]Overall Rating:[/b] B[/color] [b]Quick Results:[/b] Matt Hardy defeated Ric Flair in 14:43. Mickie James and Candice Michelle defeated Queen Kong in 6:35 by disqualification. JTG defeated Rokuda in 7:54. Booker & Shelton defeated The New Breed in 13:36 Kenny Dykstra over Charlie Haas in 8:15. Rey Mysterio defeated Randy Orton in 16:46

[center][b][u]News, Rumours & Updates[/u][/b][/center] [quote][b]Another match for Vengeance; New gimicks approaching; Smackdown's TV Deal; TNA in decline; Hardcore Title[/b] - A new match has been added to the Vengeance card, courtesy of WWE.com. The triple threat match will see Ric Flair defend his Intercontinental Championship against Matt Hardy and Montel Vontavious Porter. Flair's reign has done much to restore prestige to the title, but there is a general feeling backstage that it's time for the belt to be placed on younger blood. There was originally talk of putting Paul Burchill in the match as well after a string of impressive performances, but it was decided that two fatal fourways for top tier titles on one show would burn out the crowd too much. - Nick Dinsmore, more commonly known as Eugene, has been offscreen since the first week of April. He was brutally assaulted by Edge after both characters jumped from RAW to Smackdown during a brand draft, and this has allowed Dinsmore to spend time offscreen being repackaged. Rumours are suggesting that he could soon return on the Smackdown brand, along with one of WWE's development divas, as a brother-sister combination. The exact details of his new character are not yet known, but many expect it to be a vast change from the mentally challenged gimmick he portrayed as Eugene. Another Smackdown character recently removed from our screens was Jimmy "Deuce" Snuka Jr., who was a part of the Deuce 'N' Domino tag team. While Cliff "Domino" Compton was fired [and subsequently joined TNA], Snuka was kept on the books and repackaged; he is expected to re-debut soon and receive a solid push. It isn't clear yet if he will be working with Cherry, who was also kept on. With various other second, or even third, generation superstars already on the roster it could be that Snuka becomes involved in a storyline with one of them; names that spring to mind are Chavo Guerrero and Carlito. - Rumours are rife that WWE are set to end their current brand split and re-unite the two sides of the company. This comes after WWE announced that, after King Of The Ring, all pay per views won't be brand-specific, a move that seems to be the first step towards eventually bringing RAW and Smackdown together. With aging stars such as Batista, The Undertaker, Booker T, Shawn Michaels and others currently occupying top slots in the company, it seems to be the case that management want to minimise the effect of their eventual retirement. - WWE have today confirmed that as of July WWE Smackdown will be making the jump to NBC, the parent-network of the USA Network that currently shows RAW. It has been revealed that as of July, Smackdown will air live on Thursday nights at 10PM and will be treated as a major part of the schedule, given the recent revival in the wrestling industry. The first show will be a special three hour bonanza, on which viewers can expect to see superstars from both RAW and Smackdown, as well as old faces and celebrity guests. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to expect cross-brand storylines to begin on this show, with Great American Bash being the first pay per view to have its brand allegiance removed, and also with a view to seeing big cross-brand matches at Summerslam. - It appears that TNA have hit the proverbial glass ceiling in terms of popularity. After being touted as the first real alternative to WWE since they bought out WCW and ECW, TNA has failed to live up to the hype and has stopped growing. Many in the business are suggesting that with the wrestling industry entering a new era of popularity that the problem lies with the booking team. Recently they have signed ex-WWE talent, such as Gene Snitsky, Mike Knox and Cliff Compton, and have been pushing them hard at the expense of loyal stars like Samoa Joe and Christopher Daniels. While TNA welcome recently released WWE workers, the Connecticut based wrestling giants have been stealing their undercard. Workers like Petey Williams have jumped ship. If TNA were serious about challenging WWE, potential stars like Williams are the wrestlers that will lead them to success, rather than aging former-stars like Scott Steiner and Sting. Unless they can turn things around, and fast, they will most likely be out of business within the next two years. - As part of their initiative to return to a grittier style, WWE are apparently considering bringing back the Hardcore Championship as a cross-brand title. While details are sketchy at best, and nothing official has been stated, it would seem that the title would come back under the old twenty-four-seven rules, perhaps with some modifications that only allow it to be defended on WWE broadcasts. - This year marks the tenth anniversary of the Montreal Screwjob, and who should be working with WWE but Bret Hart. Not only is Bret back with the company, though admittedly on the opposite brand to Shawn Michaels, but his son Dallas was also recently signed to a WWE development deal. Could WWE be planning some sort of Hart-Michaels match to commemorate the most controversial event in wrestling history? - CM Punk was reportedly asked recently to simulate drinking beer on an upcoming WWE broadcast. While management respect his views that he won't drink real beer, they were hopeful that he might drink a substitute as part of an angle but it appears that Punk shot the idea down, claiming that he has an example to set to other Straight Edge followers as a mainstream believer in the lifestyle. Had this occurred eight or nine months ago, Punk may have been handed his pink slip but he has become such a huge part of the Smackdown brand in recent months that he now holds considerable clout backstage.[/quote]

[center][img]http://www.psdprotocol.com/1.5/thumbs_full/w4lgfx.2092w4l-gfx.2811.SmackdownLogo2.png[/img] [b]Week 1 June 2007 - WWE Smackdown from the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington[/b][/center] [color=#0066CC]After a savage attack by Super Crazy on Jimmy Yang last week, the former champion gets the chance for revenge this week as he teams with Spike Dudley to take on Super Crazy and Guido. However, this isn’t a normal tag team match, as if Super Crazy and Guido pick up the win, Guido will be added to the triple threat match for the Cruiserweight Championship at King Of The Ring. Will the two current challengers be able to work together to pick up the win? Will Crazy give one hundred percent to get the win, despite knowing that doing so will add another challenger to his title defense? In the past two weeks on Smackdown, fans have seen Big Show beat Brian Kendrick and Kane beat Paul London in King Of The Ring qualifiers. This week Big Show and Kendrick must team up to take on their respective tag team partners, Kane and London! With more than a little animosity between the two teams, will this match play out as planned? Or will the weak barriers between the new partners be broken to unleash chaos? With the King Of The Ring tournament officially starting next week on RAW, this week’s Smackdown sees the final two qualifiers. Two of the potential entrants are unknown, but the other qualifier is set to be a blockbuster, as Vladimir Koslov takes on Yoshihiro Tajiri. Koslov has had trouble with his new allies - the NWO - recently, but will they put their differences aside to assist the big Russian? No doubt Paul Heyman will have some back-up in place for Tajiri, should Koslov look like progressing into the main tournament, but will it be enough? For the answers to all these questions and much, much more, tune in this Friday night to see Smackdown on the CW Network![/color] [b]Scheduled Matches:[/b] Guido & Super Crazy vs. Jimmy Yang & Spike Dudley [b]King Of The Ring Qualifier[/b] ??? vs. ??? Big Show & Brian Kendrick vs. Kane & Paul London [b]King Of The Ring Qualifier[/b] Vladimir Koslov vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri [b]PLUS:[/b] CM Punk will be on The Cutting Edge!

[center][img]http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/244/sdheadernw9.png[/img] [b]WWE Smackdown from the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington [/b][/center] [color=#0066CC][b]Guido & Super Crazy vs. Jimmy Yang & Spike Dudley[/b][/color] [i]Smackdown kicks off with solid cruiserweight action. Spike and Crazy start out, with the Cruiserweight Champion taking control with an eye-rake. As Spike fights back, with the crowd behind him, Super Crazy takes the first opportunity he can to tag out - before grabbing his belt and heading back up the ramp! Guido fights valiantly against his two opponents, desperate to earn a title shot at King Of The Ring. Using quick tags, and showing great teamwork, Yang and Spike manage to wear down the feisty Italian, before Dudley nails The Boss Drop for the pin.[/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] C+[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment One:[/b][/color] [i]Backstage Edge is walking, looking as arrogant as ever. That is, until he turns a corner and bumps into Ken Kennedy! The two share a quick staredown, before Edge brushes past and continues walking, but he stops when Kennedy asks if it felt good to beaten in front of over twenty thousand fans at Judgment Day. Edge immediately spins round, and his arrogant smirk has been replaced by a look of anger. Kennedy just laughs to himself, and says he’ll see Edge at King Of The Ring before turning to leave. This time it’s Edge that makes the mocking comment, telling Kennedy he’s had the chance to become World Heavyweight Champion and failed and having the Money In The Bank briefcase doesn’t change the fact that he’s not World Champion material. Kennedy bites back that at least he’s not afraid to get in the ring to fight, rather than hosting some two-bit, second-rate interview segment. Edge laughs off Kennedy’s insult, and says if he really wants to prove himself, he can do it tonight against the man Edge beat to earn his title shot…Chris Benoit! Edge turns and leaves, leaving Kennedy to mull over his challenge.[/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] A[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]??? vs. ??? - King Of The Ring Qualifier[/b][/color] [i]“Oooo, Chavo!” rings through the arena, and the crowd immediately boo in disgust as Chavo Guerrero Jr. makes his way to the ring. Moments later some unknown, generic music hits and Jimmy Snuka Jr. comes out from the back! He receives a decent pop as his name is announced, and he rushes to the ring to start the match. Snuka fights with real passion, beating Guerrero down to the canvas, and continuing to pound away at him. As Chavo groggily returns to his feet, Snuka drops him with a dropkick, before letting out a charismatic call to fire up the fans. Again Guerrero slowly returns to his feet. Jimmy Jr. grabs him and hoists him into the air, letting him hang upside down for several seconds…then finally slamming him to the canvas with a vicious brainbuster, before covering Chavo for the three count.[/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Two:[/b][/color] [i]The cameras cut to the locker room, where Chris Benoit is talking to Jeff Hardy. He tells Hardy that he showed a lot of heart last week, and that he was really impressed. After complimenting Jeff, Benoit asks him if he will face Petey Williams next week. After some hesitation Hardy agrees but suddenly both men are attacked by William Regal! The smarmy Englishman takes both men down with steel chair shots, beating them down to the floor and leaving them motionless.[/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Three:[/b][/color] [i]Elsewhere Vladimir Koslov is arguing with Kevin Nash, once again questioning why they are taking orders from Bischoff and Hogan. Nash says that pretty soon Bischoff will be the General Manager of Smackdown, and it’s important to have friends in high places. Koslov says maybe it’s important for someone like Nash to have powerful allies but he doesn’t need help from Bischoff…or anyone else for that matter.[/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]Big Show & Brian Kendrick vs. Kane & Paul London[/b][/color] [i]Big Show and Kane let Kendrick and London start the match, and the two long time friends and partners circle each other, trying to predict what the other will do. Kendrick lunges forward first, but London scouts it and takes him down with an arm drag. Kendrick springs back up and dodges a dropsault, before scoring one of his own, followed by a quick DDT and a tag to Big Show. As London recovers, he tags out as well, pitting the two monsters against one another. After a momentary pause to build tension, the two giants explode with right hands, each absorbing the blows and continuing to dish out a beating. Big Show sends Kane against the ropes, and he comes back with a shoulder block that knocks Show down! He’s soon back up, and grabs Kane, lifting him into the air and slamming him with a huge spinebuster for a two count. Frustrated, Big Show tags Kendrick back in. The cruiserweight lays into Kane with quick kicks but the big man just shakes them off and goes to work, pummelling Kendrick, but he’s able to break away. He heads up top, leaping off with a diving hurricanrana but Kane reverses into a huge powerbomb! Kane covers, one…two…Big Show breaks it up! Kane is furious and the two monsters square up to each other but Kendrick takes advantage, rolling Kane up! One! Two! Three! Kendrick slides from the ring, and heads up the ramp with London as Big Show and Kane share a tense staredown in the ring.[/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] A[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Four:[/b][/color] [i]Backstage Taka Michinoku is talking to Funaki, telling him the reason he lost to Shannon Moore was because he isn’t ruthless enough. Funaki looks deep in thought, as Taka tries to convince him that the only way forward is by taking opportunities, rather than waiting for them to come to him.[/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] C-[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Five:[/b][/color] [i]Back out in the ring it’s time for The Cutting Edge! Our host, Edge, enters first and does a quick - and insulting - introduction for his guest, CM Punk, who comes out to a huge ovation. Edge talks about their tag team match last week, where Edge dominated Punk, at least that’s how Edge describes it. Punk says that Edge and Kennedy both need to learn when to shut up, because some day soon the new generation will rise up to take the top spots in WWE. Edge arrogantly dismisses Punk’s comments, and adds that Kennedy doesn’t even have a top spot to take, which brings Mr Money In The Bank out from the back. He heads to the ring, takes a microphone and starts by telling Edge he’s accepted his challenge to face Benoit in the Main Event. He continues by telling Edge that next week in Las Vegas he will start the “Hometown Hero” challenge for his Money In The Bank briefcase, to prove he’s the best athlete in the world today. Before Kennedy can continue Vladimir Koslov hits the ring! He’s in no mood to talk, immediately grabbing his partner from last week, Edge, and launching him into the Cutting Edge set! Kennedy wants none of the huge Russian attacker and quickly rolls from the ring, heading up the ramp. Punk isn’t so cowardly, meeting the challenge head on by brawling with Koslov. The power advantage is clear, but Tajiri comes rushing out from the back! As he hits Koslov from behind, the bell rings and a referee sprints down the ramp! Their match is on, despite the Cutting Edge set still filling the ring![/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] A[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]Vladimir Koslov vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri - King Of The Ring Qualifier[/b][/color] [i]CM Punk is ordered to the back by the referee, and he grudgingly obliges, as the match continues. The referee does his best to clear the ring while the match is in progress, with Tajiri’s martial-art-offense managing to keep Koslov at bay. Koslov is able to power himself into the match though, as he grabs Tajiri’s leg after a roundhouse attempt, lifting him into the air with it and slamming him hard to the canvas. Koslov is relentless in his assault, dishing out a variety of slams and suplexes. Getting desperate, Tajiri tries to mist Koslov, but he dodges it and Tajiri gets the referee! With the referee blinded Kevin Nash and Scott Hall charge out from the back! They slide into the ring and assault Tajiri! Koslov is furious, and he launches Hall from the ring! Meanwhile Nash nails a Jackknife on Tajiri, and he slides from the ring before Koslov can physically show his disgust. As the referee recovers his sight, Koslov picks Tajiri up and hits Hostile Takeover for the win, glaring at The Outsiders as the referee makes the count.[/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] A[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Six:[/b][/color] [i]The cameras catch Hollywood Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff in Bischoff’s private box, looking down on the action. They share an egotistical laugh, presumably having sent Hall and Nash to ensure Koslov’s victory. Suddenly the smirks are wiped off their faces as Rob Van Dam and Sabu jump The Outsiders at ringside! They look down, watching in horror as Koslov leaves his supposed teammates to get attacked.[/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]Rob Van Dam & Sabu vs. The Outsiders[/b][/color] [i]Paul Heyman comes out from the back with a new referee, and declares that an impromptu match has been sanctioned, with Rob Van Dam and Sabu taking on Kevin Nash and Scott Hall! RVD rolls Hall into the ring and goes for a quick cover but he kicks out and the match can get going properly. Van Dam and Sabu control the early going with good teamwork and double-team moves but Scott Hall breaks free and tags in Nash, who cleans house, taking down RVD and Sabu with spinebusters. He covers Sabu, but only for two. Nash keeps control with stiff punches, battering Sabu back against the ropes. He whips him across the ring, but Sabu ducks an attempted clothesline and sends Nash reeling with a dropkick, before finally taking him down with a bulldog. He springboards off the middle rope, but Kevin Nash avoids the leg drop! As Sabu struggles to get back up, Nash charges and scores with a huge boot to the face! Sabu crumples to the canvas, and Hall tackles Van Dam to the mat, as Nash makes the cover for the win.[/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B-[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Seven:[/b][/color] [i]Shannon Moore is walking backstage, not up to much, when suddenly Taka and Funaki attack him from behind! They take him down to the floor, and continue to lay into him with boots when suddenly The Hurricane appears! The masked saviour nails a double flying forearm, taking the two assailants down. Taka and Funaki scramble to their feet and make their escape, as Shannon looks up at Hurricane, who quickly whooshes off down the corridor.[/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] C-[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]Chris Benoit vs. Ken Kennedy[/b][/color] [i]Benoit and Kennedy lock up, with Kennedy tripping him to the mat and pounding away with right hands until Benoit forces himself back to his feet. They square off again, with Benoit bullying Kennedy into the corner with stinging chops to the chest. He lifts him to the top rope, and hooks him for a belly-to-belly suplex but Kennedy pushes him away and Benoit crashes to the mat. After a brief pause, Kennedy dives off with an elbow drop and both men stay down. At six they both get to their feet, and Benoit charges at Kennedy but he pulls the referee into his path! With the referee down, Kennedy immediately slides from the ring and grabs his Money In The Bank briefcase. He climbs back in and stalks Benoit but from nowhere Edge nails him with a Spear! Benoit grabs Edge in anger, furious that he interfered in his match. The two Canadians start brawling, until William Regal runs out from the back to help Edge beat down Benoit. As the numbers game starts to take its toll, Jeff Hardy rushes to the ring, making the save! Jeff and Benoit fight off the two attackers, and as Kennedy recovers he doesn’t seem too keen to get involved. He grabs his briefcase and heads back up the ramp, but “My Time Is Now!” hits and John Cena charges out from the back! He grabs Kennedy and throws him back into the ring, climbing in after him to join the brawl. As the referee comes round and sees the six men all throwing punches, he has no choice but to call for the bell, declaring the match a Double Disqualification![/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] B+[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]Segment Eight:[/b][/color] [i]With weak allegiances forming, the six men continue to brawl. The referee frantically tries to separate them, as the bell rings continuously but it has no effect. Suddenly a loud gong rings through the arena, and the lights go down. Smoke bellows down the ramp, with the mass brawl still raging in the ring. After what seems like an age, The Undertaker steps out from behind the curtain! The crowd go absolutely nuts for the World Champion, as he strides down to the ring. He climbs the steel steeps, removes his hat and jacket and enters the ring, instantly taking down Jeff Hardy and John Cena with upper cuts. Regal is next to charge at the champ, but he gets taken down with a stiff clothesline. Chris Benoit and Ken Kennedy both try to take shots at Undertaker, but he beats them back and slaps a hand around both their throats…Double Chokeslam! As The Deadman slams the two men to the canvas, Edge is in the corner, ready to uncoil…Spear! Hardy, Cena and Regal each slowly head up the ramp, with Kennedy and Benoit rolling to ringside, leaving Undertaker and Edge alone in the ring. Suddenly Taker sits up! The crowd pop, and Edge stares in horror as Undertaker returns to his feet. Edge charges again, but Undertaker grabs him by the throat! CHOKESLAM! Smackdown ends with The Undertaker standing tall in the ring over the fallen Edge, as the announcers hype his dominance.[/i] [INDENT][color=#0066CC][b]Rating:[/b] A[/color][/INDENT] [color=#0066CC][b]Overall Rating: A[/b][/color] [b]Quick Results:[/b] Jimmy Yang & Spike Dudley over Guido & Super Crazy in 12:21 Jimmy Snuka Jr. over Chavo Guerrero Jr. in 5:39 Big Show & Brian Kendrick over Kane & Paul London in 10:09 Vladimir Koslov over Yoshihiro Tajiri in 11:43 The Outsiders over Rob Van Dam & Sabu in 8:29 Chris Benoit drew with Ken Kennedy in 13:54

Archived