Announcers/Color Commentators

I was watching BoDog Fight the other day and I realized how much Royce Gracie sucked as a color commentator. He brought the whole show down. Therefore, announcing and color commentating does affect show quality. So will there be announcing and color stats in game like TEW?

[QUOTE=BuddyGarner;238988]I was watching BoDog Fight the other day and I realized how much Royce Gracie sucked as a color commentator. He brought the whole show down. Therefore, announcing and color commentating does affect show quality. So will there be announcing and color stats in game like TEW?[/QUOTE] I pretty much expect anything good from TEW will probably be in WMMA

EXC actually had good announcing. Mauro is probably the best play by play man out there... if he hadn't gotten in to a thing with Jerry Millen he'd still be with PRIDE and he is one reason Rutten and others left. I didn't mind Jay Glazer either.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;240394]EXC actually had good announcing. Mauro is probably the best play by play man out there... if he hadn't gotten in to a thing with Jerry Millen he'd still be with PRIDE and he is one reason Rutten and others left. I didn't mind Jay Glazer either.[/QUOTE] GOLDBERG!!! GOLDBERG!!!!!! It was very unprofessional how they constantly kept talking about other companies while trying to promote their own. Mauro was fine and a treat to listen to but Glazer, Goldberg, and Mario Lopez made it a walking joke.

Guest loves2spooge
yeah i agree with that all bill Goldberg done on that dynamite ppv was try and tell everyone that wrestlers wernt pussies

Announcing and Color Commentary should be a huge factor in the game. If you have people who know nothing about MMA calling a fight, it will take away from it. Along with the microphone and charisma ability, announcers and commentators should have a "MMA Knowledge" rating too. To judge their actual knowledge of the sport.

Yeah, someone like Randy Couture is an absolutely terrible announcer [I]as just an announcer[/I] but he has so much knowledge, experience, and insight into the fighters that you never look at him as a negative. Maybe as a fighter gains more experience and makes more connections to other fighters (either through fighting them or training with them) their "play-by-play" stat would increase.

Couture is excellent in his role. Goldberg is play-by-play, Rogan (Couture a couple times, Mir, etc) Color Commentators. You are really the first person I have ever heard speak badly of Couture's abilties. Once he officially retires I would not be surprised to see him be at that position full time with Goldy and Joe.

He just doesn't have a good announcing voice and was clearly uncomfortable up until recently. Like I said, no one is going to be angry that he's in the booth, but it's because of his experience and insight, not his skills as an announcer.

Courture i must agree, maybe lacks the "announcers" voice, but i like listening to him, his insight and backround is great and really gives allot to a match. I think the announcer\color cometators should play some role in the game and it would be good to have physiology factor between them, which rises when they have worked together for some time. However i do not think they should play a huge role in the actual rating of a match. Maximum 5-10% better or worse. In other words if the match rating was 80%, if the commentating was terrible -10%, if bad -5%. And if good +5% or great +10%. So if you had a good fight with great commentating you will have a 90% if the other way 70%. If average 80%.

Archived