Planning an alternate history 1997 mod

[QUOTE=rd_dbacks01;242410]i think that in that amount of time someone probably would've sustained a major injury. i'm not sure who it should be, but it's something for you to think about[/QUOTE] I was going to ask about that eventually. Who should start with an injury? There were only two start injuries in Montreal Aftermath. I deleted both, as this is set a year later. So, who should be injured? One person I thought of was possibly Steve Austin, with a neck injury. That'd make things in WWF a bit interesting, as one of the top babyfaces is out. Perhaps Hulk Hogan has a knee injury? Masahiro Chono and/or Jushin Liger could be out with injuries, as well. (Those are the only top Japanese stars I can think of off the top of my head. Chono being a favorite since the old WCW Vs. The World game on the PS1.) Any suggestions?

[QUOTE=Corey_Vandal;242465]What about maybe going right back and having something like someone else got the Hogan push, like Jim Duggan or Jimmy Snuka, and Terry Boulder's just an aging never-has-been wrestling the indies?[/QUOTE] :D Funny you meantion that, at another board I frequent we had the argument of whether any guy could've been put in Hogan's position and found the same success. Answer after two months of hillarious debate was a resounding no. Hate him or love him Hogan had/has that special "it" factor that made him a unique performer. You would have to lower Hogan's Star Quality and raise a guys like Duggans to make it fit with TEW. When you consider Hogan's Star Quality stat is one of the few great attributes he has, it's like saying "Let's pretend Bret Hart was a horrible technichian".

[QUOTE=CarlitoCoool;242468]:D Funny you meantion that, at another board I frequent we had the argument of whether any guy could've been put in Hogan's position and found the same success. Answer after two months of hillarious debate was a resounding no. Hate him or love him Hogan had/has that special "it" factor that made him a unique performer. You would have to lower Hogan's Star Quality and raise a guys like Duggans to make it fit with TEW. When you consider Hogan's Star Quality stat is one of the few great attributes he has, it's like saying "Let's pretend Bret Hart was a horrible technichian".[/QUOTE] Indeed. Hogan had the rare combination of look, charisma, acting, and mic abilities that very few people had in the 80s. In fact, that combination was never truly duplicated until The Rock. Austin had it, to a slightly lesser extent. But, I believe that, in terms of star power, The Rock was as close to Hogan (in his prime) as you can get. No one else in the 80s had what Hogan had. If anyone else got that push, they would have failed in a most spectacular fashion.

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE=XxFutureLegend112xX;254676]anything happening with this?[/QUOTE] Well, the thread kind of died out, so I sort of lost interest. I could send it off to more qualified mod creators if anyone wants to run with this idea.

Archived