Predictions for ECW...I mean, WWE One Night Stand

Actarus

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;242382]How many times did he go up against Undertaker?[/QUOTE] Khali beat UT at Judgment Day 05, UT was basically off TV for a few months, the two were supposed to have a Punjabi Prison match at GAB, but Khali got pulled due to health issues, and then UT beat Khali in a Last Man Standing on SD to blo off the feud. So realy....only two one-on-one matches. Not sure why you'd have Khali face Cena anymore. Cena beat him clean twice. By submission and pinfall. If he loses again he loses some of that monster heel luster ala Umaga.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;242389]Khali beat UT at Judgment Day 05, UT was basically off TV for a few months, the two were supposed to have a Punjabi Prison match at GAB, but Khali got pulled due to health issues, and then UT beat Khali in a Last Man Standing on SD to blo off the feud. So realy....only two one-on-one matches. Not sure why you'd have Khali face Cena anymore. Cena beat him clean twice. By submission and pinfall. If he loses again he loses some of that monster heel luster ala Umaga.[/QUOTE] Though to be fair, Umaga still had that monster heel luster after he lost to Cena. It was the big feud against Lashley and the team ups with the McMahons that really took the luster off of him.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;242389]Khali beat UT at Judgment Day 05, UT was basically off TV for a few months, the two were supposed to have a Punjabi Prison match at GAB, but Khali got pulled due to health issues, and then UT beat Khali in a Last Man Standing on SD to blo off the feud. So realy....only two one-on-one matches. [U]Not sure why you'd have Khali face Cena anymore. [/U]Cena beat him clean twice. By submission and pinfall. If he loses again he loses some of that monster heel luster ala Umaga.[/QUOTE] I wouldn't have had Khali face Cena in the first place, unless I was going to put the title on him... even if it was just for a month or two. I would then have Cena lose the second match right after losing it, and put him through hell to get to Khali again. Meanwhile, I would have Khali bassically dominate anyone that stepped up, and I would let just about the whole roster (of that brand) step up. I was just guessing what I thought WWE would do. Seems to me that they like having the "Main Event" guys do a three 'major' match feud, not counting the match ups on TV. I could be wrong, I never really counted, lol. I just figured that's what they would do.. Far as Khali is concerned... Me myself, as of now, I would build something around him never cheating to win. I would do it with the announcer's, as just something they start noticing. I would cut his hair too.... I can't stand the way he flips it, makes him look umm.... Awkward at all times. He spends more time getting the hair out of his face then anything, and can't perform like an HBK or HHH, so I would just cut that crap off.

For the record, I'd have never put the world title on Khali, no matter what. I would've matched him up against Cena though. An FU or two on the big man might be just the thing to make Cena an immortal, would've been my thinking. Think the Cena - Khali fued has probably ran its course for now though. I've always kind of thought they should've had Umaga & The Great Khali as a tag team, dunno why. I just saw them as a ferocious team that could be managed by Armando Alejandro Estrada. Maybe they should have Khali fued with The Boogeyman for a while, that just might be interesting. Maybe they could even break out a 'Little Khali' to add to the mix. It'd be different, that's for sure. :)

It's too bad Cena has been booked the way he has(hulk hogan jr). Being only 240 pounds and having the strength he has shown(Fu Big Show and Khali) he should be a very believable long term champion. The fact that he has held the title so long does not bother me one bit, I think it adds A LOT of prestige to the belt. The person that finally beats Cena will very over because of this fact. I know a lot of people love to see the title change hands often but I couldnt stand the Championships changing hands twice a month. Made the belt meaningless IMO.

[QUOTE=jbergey_2005;242602]It's too bad Cena has been booked the way he has(hulk hogan jr). Being only 240 pounds and having the strength he has shown(Fu Big Show and Khali) he should be a very believable long term champion. The fact that he has held the title so long does not bother me one bit, I think it adds A LOT of prestige to the belt. The person that finally beats Cena will very over because of this fact. I know a lot of people love to see the title change hands often but I couldnt stand the Championships changing hands twice a month. Made the belt meaningless IMO.[/QUOTE] I really aggree with your train of thought on that. Alot more prestige on the Raw belt right now, then any other belt. Heck, Smackdown and ECW are Midcard belts compared to Raw's... Meaning, I put just as much on the International and US titles right now. MVP and Macaroni Marcelli... (Don't anyone get offended at me saying Macaroni, I picked it up from King last night, and can't seem to let it go), I see in the same league as Edge, although Lashley is probably a bit more prestigious, but with the current way the ECW has been handled, I don't know about that even. Anyways, I feel the same way about Raw right now. John Cena is going to be the guy to beat in the future for sure. He won't never be "THE MAN" far as crowds go, till some grave wrong is done by someone that everyone thinks they are behind at first... Then when Cena comes back it will be THAT day.

Archived