Predictions for ECW...I mean, WWE One Night Stand

Actarus

Thought this might be fun again. Kane vs. [B]Mark Henry [/B](Lumberjack Match) - I don't like how Kane is being jobbed out to these "monster heels". I can only hope that the Lumberjack's will "allow" Kane to pick up the win, but I think "the world's strongest man" will get the pin. [B]Randy Orton [/B]vs. RVD (Stretcher Match) - My train of thought is if RVD continues to appear on WWE programming next week, I think he'll win this. If he doesn't, and this is his last WWE match, then Orton wins. I don't know which is the case, so I'll pick Orton. CM Punk, The Sandman, & Tommy Dreamer vs. [B]Elijah Burke, Monty...uh, "Marcus Cor Van", & Matt Striker[/B] (6-Man Tables Match) - I honestly have no clue, since I'm not watching WWECW at the moment. I'll predict Punk to be strongly booked, but go w/ Elijah Burke getting the win over one of the originals. [B]The Hardy's[/B] vs. WGTT (Ladder Match) - Hardy's retain, though I'd love to see Benjamin & Hass get the win and the Double Branded Tag Titles. Melina vs. [B]Candice Michelle [/B](Pudding Match) - As enticing as watching two beautiful women covered in pudding is, I don't see why they can't just have a regular wrestling match. Since this in non-title, Candice picks up the win here. [B]Edge[/B] vs. Batista (Cage Match) - I think Batista will "dominate" in his Batista way, but Edge to squeeze out the win here and retain the world heavyweight champion. Vince McMahon vs [B]Bobby Lashley[/B] (street fight) - I expect tons of involvement from Umaga & Shane. I also expect Lashley to finally get the title back here. I just hope they end this feud tonight. [B]John Cena[/B] vs. Khali (Fall Count Everywhere) - Will we finally get the FU finish tonight? I expect Cena to kick out of Khali's finisher, Cena up, and hit the FU. Watch as I get 1 prediction right, lol. Also, I just realized that every match is a gimmick match...looks just like a TNA PPV!

[B]Kane [/B]vs. Mark Henry (Lumberjack Match) Randy Orton vs. [B]RVD (Stretcher Match)[/B] [B]CM Punk,[/B] The Sandman, & Tommy Dreamer vs. Elijah Burke, Monty...uh, "Marcus Cor Van", & Matt Striker (6-Man Tables Match) The Hardy's vs. [B]WGTT (Ladder Match)[/B] Melina vs. [B]Candice Michelle[/B] (Pudding Match) Edge vs. [B]Batista (Cage Match)[/B]- cos im different Vince McMahon vs [B]Bobby Lashley (street fight)[/B]- obvious John Cena vs. [B]Khali (Fall Count Everywhere)[/B] They do the unexpected

[QUOTE=Actarus;241903] CM Punk, The Sandman, & Tommy Dreamer vs. [B]Elijah Burke, Monty...uh, "Marcus Cor Van", & Matt Striker[/B] (6-Man Tables Match) - I honestly have no clue, since I'm not watching WWECW at the moment. I'll predict Punk to be strongly booked, but go w/ Elijah Burke getting the win over one of the originals. [/QUOTE] I think CM Punk and co will get the win and Elijah and Monty will blame Striker for the loss and kickin him out of the New Breed

Kane vs. [B]Mark Henry[/B] (Lumberjack Match) - The jobbing of Kane continues.. [B]Randy Orton[/B] vs. RVD (Stretcher Match) - Maybe this is wishful thinking but I see Orton having his "Legend Killer" status fluffed, until he runs into the brick wall called "the returning Triple H". [B]CM Punk, The Sandman, & Tommy Dreamer[/B] vs. Elijah Burke, Monty...uh, "Marcus Cor Van", & Matt Striker (6-Man Tables Match) - Finishing sequence: Sandman with a kendo stick to Matt Striker on the apron, who turns right into a Dreamer DDT through a ringside table, while Burke & Cor Von are double teaming Punk. Striker is then kicked out of the New Breed and Steph flexes her newfound muscle and fires him (replacing him with Idol Stevens or somebody from OVW). The Hardy's vs. [B]WGTT[/B] (Ladder Match) - Haas and Benjamin win after botched interference by Cade & Murdoch (but the Hardys get the titles back a couple weeks later, or at the next PPV in something like a Triple Threat tag team gimmick match of some kind). I don't think WGTT are as marketable (to WWE's audience) as the Hardys. Melina vs. Candice Michelle (Pudding Match) - Who cares? [B]Edge[/B] vs. Batista (Cage Match) - Batista dominates, but Edge finds a sneaky, underhanded way to win (probably involving someone else). Vince McMahon vs [B]Bobby Lashley[/B] (street fight) - Lashley wins but this one will evoke memories of latter day WCW in its overbooked beyond belief manner. [B]John Cena[/B] vs. Khali (Fall Count Everywhere) - Honestly, if they didn't put the strap on Michaels (who is marketable, duh), I can't see them giving it to Khali (who is as marketable as a pile of poop in a Ziploc bag). It wouldn't surprise me to have someone assist Cena (like maybe Michaels or Flair or hell, Ron Simmons, I dunno) but he'll still "gut out the win".

Kane vs. [B]Mark Henry[/B] (Lumberjack Match)-Kane's retirement is right around the corner, hence the jobbing. Mark Henry takes this match in a snoozefest [B]Randy Orton[/B] vs. RVD (Stretcher Match)-Orton's push to get him heat will continue here. The legend killer takes out another. This will be the last we see of RVD in the WWE. [B]CM Punk, The Sandman, & Tommy Dreamer[/B] vs. Elijah Burke, Monty...uh, "Marcus Cor Van", & Matt Striker (6-Man Tables Match)-The originals will win this one, the fans that paid the money need something good to come out of this [B]The Hardy's[/B] vs. WGTT (Ladder Match)-Hardy's wont lose this match in one of their speciality matches [B]Melina[/B] vs. Candice Michelle (Pudding Match)-I really dont know here and really dont care who wins. I'd imagine Melina will win and Candice will take some clothes off. [B]Edge[/B] vs. Batista (Cage Match)- Edge will sneak away with another victory, I am not sure who will save him this time. Vince McMahon vs [B]Bobby Lashley[/B] (street fight)- The Lashley push has got to be over. McMahon has a draft coming up and will get involved in some new angle at this point. [B]John Cena[/B] vs. Khali (Fall Count Everywhere)-Is there really any doubt after the squash Cena on NBC last night. Cena wins this match and thank god this feud is over

[QUOTE=adamrobertk;241918][B]Kane [/B]vs. Mark Henry (Lumberjack Match) Randy Orton vs. [B]RVD (Stretcher Match)[/B] [B]CM Punk,[/B] The Sandman, & Tommy Dreamer vs. Elijah Burke, Monty...uh, "Marcus Cor Van", & Matt Striker (6-Man Tables Match) The Hardy's vs. [B]WGTT (Ladder Match)[/B] Melina vs. [B]Candice Michelle[/B] (Pudding Match) Edge vs. [B]Batista (Cage Match)[/B]- cos im different Vince McMahon vs [B]Bobby Lashley (street fight)[/B]- obvious John Cena vs. [B]Khali (Fall Count Everywhere)[/B] They do the unexpected[/QUOTE] I like your style. It would be exciting to see 4 titles change hands!

WWE Championship Pinfalls Count Anywhere Match [B]John Cena[/B] vs. The Great Khali -If they have Khali win this match, WWE would be a disaster. As if it's not already, but if he won, it'd be the worst it's been since it started going downhill. ECW World Championship Street Fight Mr. McMahon vs. [B]Bobby Lashley[/B] -I don't know if anyone else sees it, but I've seen signs of Shane turning on Vince. Maybe it's just me. I see Shane helping Lashley win this, then a feud between Vince and Shane starts and ends at Summerslam. World Heavyweight Championship Steel Cage Match [B]Edge[/B] vs. Batista -Just like everyone else says, he sneaks out with a win. Pudding Match Melina vs Candice Michelle -30 minute time limit draw. haha World Tag Team Championship Ladder Match The Hardys vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team -I love both teams, so I don't care who wins. They will have a great match either way. Six-Man Tag Team Tables Match [B]CM Punk, Tommy Dreamer and Sandman[/B] vs. The New Breed -CM Punk gets the win. And hopefully gets drafted to RAW on June 11. Stretcher Match [B]Randy Orton[/B] vs. RVD -I'd like to see RVD go out with a win, but whatever. Won't happen. Orton's ok I guess. Lumberjack Match Kane vs. [B]Mark Henry[/B] -Crap match.

Kane vs. [B]Mark Henry[/B] (Lumberjack Match) [B]Randy Orton[/B] vs. RVD (Stretcher Match) [B]CM Punk[/B], The Sandman, & Tommy Dreamer vs. Elijah Burke, Marcus Cal Zone, & Matt Striker (6-Man Tables Match) [B]The Hardy's [/B]vs. WGTT (Ladder Match) - I'd kinda like it to be WGTT, but I doubt that it will be. [B]Melina[/B] vs. Candice Michelle (Pudding Match) - There's a Pudding Match? Did I miss something? [B]Edge [/B]vs. Batista (Cage Match) Vince McMahon vs [B]Bobby Lashley [/B](street fight) [B]John Cena[/B] vs. The Great Khali (Fall Count Anywhere) - I still say Khali isn't getting the title. To me, that match on SNME last night only made this all the more obvious.

[b]John Cena[/b] defeats The Great Khali - Need I explain why? [b]Bobby Lashley[/b] defeats Vince McMahon - I really don't care, I just want this damn McMahon power trip to be done with. [b]Edge[/b] defeats Batista - Again, Edge needs to have a much more lengthy reign, and I'd rather not see Batista holding any sort of championship just yet (if ever). [b]Candice Michelle[/b] defeats Melina - I don't think anybody actually cares. [b]The Hardy Boyz[/b] defeat Worlds Greatest Tag Team - WGTT are the two of the most underrated people in WWE, and to be honest I can't see them getting recognition unless it's a feud that's been built up (which, granted, it has been for The Hardyz/Murdoch and Cade, but WGTT only got involved about two weeks ago). [b]CM Punk/Tommy Dreamer/Sandman[/b] defeat The New Breed - A feel-good moment that I think this event needs, since it started out a strictly ECW show. [b]Randy Orton[/b] defeats Rob Van Dam - Rumor says RVD is done with after One Night Stand, so they can job him out to Orton on his way out plus have a believable way for him to be off screen (for those fans that have never visited the internet). [b]Mark Henry[/b] defeats Kane - I was never even aware of this match, but I really don't care about anything with Mark Henry in it. So I'll take a guss and say that they have Henry win this match, but Kane win the war.

Well I thought the first 50mins to 1 hour were good... the rest kinda blended between bad and forgettable. Was it just me or did this ppv seem one of the more botched all round? From Vince's entrance music starting over to a few botched spots in the Ladder Match (still awesome though), Lashley's flying 'OMFG I don't want to let go of the top rope' dive on Umaga and basically 50% of the Cena/Khali match. Enjoyed Orton/RVD too, nice to see RVD get a win even if the expected 'burial' (not exactly the word I'm looking for, but it's early in the morning) followed. Also I thought the 6-Man Tables match got the job done pretty well... entertaining brawl, nicely paced with highspots. The ECW Street Fight was alright, but nothing out of the ordinary... Shane's signature spots are always pretty cool, but outside of those the match didn't really offer much. Overall, the price was about right for this show (UK free FTW) but beyond the first hour, very run of the mill. Like Lockdown, gimmick overkill despite these being more varied gimmicks.

[QUOTE=sebsplex;242165]Well I thought the first 50mins to 1 hour were good... the rest kinda blended between bad and forgettable. Was it just me or did this ppv seem one of the more botched all round? From Vince's entrance music starting over to a few botched spots in the Ladder Match (still awesome though), Lashley's flying 'OMFG I don't want to let go of the top rope' dive on Umaga and basically 50% of the Cena/Khali match. Enjoyed Orton/RVD too, nice to see RVD get a win even if the expected 'burial' (not exactly the word I'm looking for, but it's early in the morning) followed. Also I thought the 6-Man Tables match got the job done pretty well... entertaining brawl, nicely paced with highspots. The ECW Street Fight was alright, but nothing out of the ordinary... Shane's signature spots are always pretty cool, but outside of those the match didn't really offer much. Overall, the price was about right for this show (UK free FTW) but beyond the first hour, very run of the mill. Like Lockdown, gimmick overkill despite these being more varied gimmicks.[/QUOTE] Meh, the blown spots in the ladder match didn't matter. It was still a great match.

[QUOTE=sebsplex;242165]Well I thought the first 50mins to 1 hour were good... the rest kinda blended between bad and forgettable. Was it just me or did this ppv seem one of the more botched all round? From Vince's entrance music starting over to a few botched spots in the Ladder Match (still awesome though), Lashley's flying 'OMFG I don't want to let go of the top rope' dive on Umaga and basically 50% of the Cena/Khali match. Enjoyed Orton/RVD too, nice to see RVD get a win even if the expected 'burial' (not exactly the word I'm looking for, but it's early in the morning) followed. Also I thought the 6-Man Tables match got the job done pretty well... entertaining brawl, nicely paced with highspots. The ECW Street Fight was alright, but nothing out of the ordinary... Shane's signature spots are always pretty cool, but outside of those the match didn't really offer much. Overall, the price was about right for this show (UK free FTW) but beyond the first hour, very run of the mill. Like Lockdown, gimmick overkill despite these being more varied gimmicks.[/QUOTE] Glad I didn't spent the money on this, my wife and son wanted to know the results, but aggreed that it wasn't something we needed to buy... Well, My wife want's me to buy EVERYTHING, but my son being the bigger fan, and saying I don't think we should, not this one... So I won! LOL. Thanks for the highlight's Seb's. I know Khali's not going to be over, but I figure that McMahan is done (messing with "in ring" things anyways). Was Cena able to make Khali look good at all during the match, or was it the same old Khali moving in slow motion, taking his time till Cena get's just one little "FU" off, and wins by pinfall? I hate match's when a worker is constantly being brutalized, then get's one "lucky" shot in and win's without having to work the other guy down at all.. Was wondering if it was any different.

[QUOTE=wolfwwe;242206]Meh, the blown spots in the ladder match didn't matter. It was still a great match.[/QUOTE] Hence the 'still awesome though' it was easily the best match of the night and I'm glad that the feud between the teams looks set to continue... barring anything that happens in the draft. [QUOTE=djthefunkchris;242206]Was Cena able to make Khali look good at all during the match, or was it the same old Khali moving in slow motion, taking his time till Cena get's just one little "FU" off, and wins by pinfall? I hate match's when a worker is constantly being brutalized, then get's one "lucky" shot in and win's without having to work the other guy down at all.. Was wondering if it was any different.[/QUOTE] Apparently their match at Judgement Day was far better, but I can't really comment on that, since I didn't buy it. The timing seemed pretty off between the pair though, Cena hit a horrible running blockbuster and Khali missed with quite a few punches and kicks, which is pretty bad when that's his main offense. Khali did pull off a roundhouse kick-kinda thing, which I hadn't seen before, but Cena screwed up and ducked too much, but sold it despite barely being grazed. They built up to the FU quite well with a couple of failed attempts leading up to it. It was made to seem a big deal. Cena was being knocked about for a good portion of the match, but he still got in some decent offence as well as a spot with a boom mic. It helped that the crowd weren't crapping all over Cena like they have been in some recent shows and the finish will make this somewhat memorable.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;242210] Was Cena able to make Khali look good at all during the match, or was it the same old Khali moving in slow motion, taking his time till Cena get's just one little "FU" off, and wins by pinfall? I hate match's when a worker is constantly being brutalized, then get's one "lucky" shot in and win's without having to work the other guy down at all.. Was wondering if it was any different.[/QUOTE] Based on written recaps and what sebspex said, it seems like Cena got a little more offense in but Khali generally dominated, with the story being told that Khali blocked multiple FU attempts before Cena hit an FU off one of the cranes that was part of the set. So...a big spot to end it, but a lackluste rmatch over-all. Honestly, Cena deserves a medal for carrying Khali to anything even resembling a watchable match. So hopefuly this is over and they can use The Draft to bring in a more interesting opponent...of course if you believe the rag sheets that next opponent will be Snitsky so we'll see. :rolleyes:

I guess RVD going over Orton was just a way of WWE telling him that the door is always open. Did anybody notice how Khali can't even make a kickout look believable? If you're going to do one of the 'throw your opponent off you' kickouts that Khali typically does, at least don't let everybody see you wrapping your hands around the opponent's hips before a one count has even been.

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;242282]I guess RVD going over Orton was just a way of WWE telling him that the door is always open.[/quote] Yeah, that whole situation was weird. RVD was out the door apparently, but he didn't want to cut ties with the WWE. Vice versa too, I guess. And the writers seem to be keeping Orton looking strong but he's still not winning matches and clearly did the job for Edge ...so it makes you think its punishment for his European vacation. So I guess the ending accompished all that.

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;242261]Based on written recaps and what sebspex said, it seems like Cena got a little more offense in but Khali generally dominated, with the story being told that Khali blocked multiple FU attempts before Cena hit an FU off one of the cranes that was part of the set. So...a big spot to end it, but a lackluste rmatch over-all. Honestly, Cena deserves a medal for carrying Khali to anything even resembling a watchable match. So hopefuly this is over and they can use The Draft to bring in a more interesting opponent...of course if you believe the rag sheets that next opponent will be Snitsky so we'll see. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] The question is, will Snitsky be more or less difficult to carry to a watchable match? :D

[QUOTE=jbergey_2005;242322]Snitsky may surprise you. His new gimmick helps him out a lot.[/QUOTE] /nod... For those that haven't been watching ECW, Snitsky is making a believable monster/maniacal type person. The shaved eyebrows and head help, kind of like Kane, only gross, and twice as ugly, lol..

His new look aside..Snitsky is [I]still [/I]a bad worker (not as bad as Khali, for the record MD) and just OK as a performer/promo. And let's face it...the WWE likes to rely on the poor memory of its fans, but Snitsky is only a few months removed from being a total jobber who also sniffed feet. IF those reports are right and Snitsky is the next "challenge" then A) the E is really scraping the barrel as far as challengers and B) they could've at least fed Snitsky a feud with some midcard faces before matching him up with Cena. Honestly though..with the way the roster is...I can't name a "better" alternative and can't really name some good faces to feed Snitsky. Also, is just a rumor so maybe its all moot. Here's hoping....

[QUOTE=PeterHilton;242339]His new look aside..Snitsky is [I]still [/I]a bad worker (not as bad as Khali, for the record MD) and just OK as a performer/promo. And let's face it...the WWE likes to rely on the poor memory of its fans, but Snitsky is only a few months removed from being a total jobber who also sniffed feet. IF those reports are right and Snitsky is the next "challenge" then A) the E is really scraping the barrel as far as challengers and B) they could've at least fed Snitsky a feud with some midcard faces before matching him up with Cena. Honestly though..with the way the roster is...I can't name a "better" alternative and can't really name some good faces to feed Snitsky. Also, is just a rumor so maybe its all moot. Here's hoping....[/QUOTE] Snitsky has squashed bassically the whole ECW original's roster, including RVD (although he resorted to a chair shot for that one). He's been built up pretty good in my opinion, but I aggree with you.... He's not ready for Cena. He should be built up with at least two people before getting a shot at Cena, although I'm guessing.... There is going to be an outraged Khali on tonight's show, and finding some way to get Cena to put his title on the line one more time.... Last Man Standing match or something, who knows.... How many times did he go up against Undertaker?

Archived