I was against using workers more then maybe twice if I had them in a dark match even if they were on PPA's I thought it wasn't realistic. Then I read weirdoman's diary about his burgeoning career and he's wrestle three non-dark matches in one night on some occasions. Although sometimes he'll wear a mask in one match and not in another.

[QUOTE=James Casey;244192]On a similar note, if you mention an offscreen PPA worker in an angle, do you have to pay them?[/QUOTE] Uh I'm not sure about The Miser's response, but from my experience, I think they still count a PPA worker offscreen in an angle as an appearance. To test this, have a worker working offscreen in an angle, then click "Analysis", and you'll see that the worker is no longer in the list of wrestlers who are not currently working today. Perhaps somebody could chime in and verify this.

shipshirt says no...I had already asked this question: Originally Posted by TheMiser Some random questions: Do dark matches kill my card rating? I'd love to sign Rick Rude or Shane and have them get experience during dark matches, but in previous games I've run, they get graded pretty harsh (E). Same with Eddie Gilbert. Are guys like Garea, Williams, Jones, Bellemo, Rodz, Samu, etc capable of getting a B match? As much as I would like to use them, when I do they kill my card rating. Howard Finkel is a Personality...is that okay? Does an offscreen wrestler in an angle still get paid? shipshirt : 1) Nope. That's what they are there for...you can give younger workers experience without hurting your card. 2) Probably not, but possibly. It all depends on getting them over and who you match them up with. 3) Yes. 4) No.

[QUOTE=TheMiser;244381]shipshirt says no...I had already asked this question:[/QUOTE] Then shipshirt is wrong as well. Rob's answer is correct. The reason I've always seen for it is to prevent exploitation. You sign a Hulk Hogan type (lots of overness) and just have people refer to him in angles. You get the use of his overness (in the segment rating) without having to pay his no-doubt astronomical asking price. Whether the worker is onscreen or offscreen, if you use them on a show, in any capacity, they get paid. That's one reason, I think, why you can't use workers in angles if they're not available to you (out injured or working for someone else that day).

[URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21055&highlight=appearance"]Talent Trades with DOTT[/URL] Okay, this thread is talking about Hype Videos during Talent Trades...this is where I remember reading about a hype video not counting as an appearance. I take it, then, this is different because it is a talent trade?

Archived