Do Champions effect business?

I think it goes to say that the more popular any of your workers are, champion or not affects how well they are received, and the better their momentum and your advance booking, the better attendance you get. So really it does affect things. Have a super popular guy with high momentum as your champ, let the people know he's going to show up, and you'll have more people there to see him.

it's true. i have bulldozer brandon smith on my roster, and by advanced booking him against the dreaded and feared "to be announced", it garnered a B+ interest. shortly there after, he won my top title, thus gaining popularity and momentum. i then advance booked him against "tba" and it was giving an A+ interest. so i do believe that top player in your promotion will indeed get you more fans and interest, which means more money, which means that much closer to world domination......

Having a really over worker with good momentum get the strap would also boost the title's prestige, therefore probably giving a match for the title a better rating, meaning both short and long term, would affect money/attendance in a positive manner. Also, by having the title with higher prestige, when the 'over' worker drops the gold, the new champion would probably gain even more overness and momentum thanks to the title presitge which would overal help your promotion and workers in the future. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

[QUOTE=shipshirt;245864]I think it was one of the listed features that "stars" can boost attendance.[/QUOTE] If you be WWF on a 97 patch available on the Mods forum, it tells you after a few days "you don't have enough superstars to compete at this level". It wouldn't tell you that for nothing. So presumably if you have too few stars at a big level, it's a negative thing. And if you have stars at small level it's a positive thing. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have a clue about them being champions. I haven't seen any negativity since Raven left my company and had to hand the title over to Austin Aries. Although I don't think we've increased popularity for about 6 months since he left :o

[QUOTE=y2jbrock;245793]Has Adam gone this much in depth? Do the Champions in the feds effect the business of the company? Like do bigger and better names as world champions equal more money and attendence?[/QUOTE] Your question has been pretty much answered. YES, Bigger Champions effect your bussiness. The names do Equal more money and attendance... However: Most "BIG" names aren't going to get hired as a normal worker for you. You will more then likely have to do a short term package, or just hire them on for a much smaller time period. They will have absolutely NO benefits to your shows if people don't know ahead of time they are going to be there though. If they know, then you will see an effect. It DOES NOT = Easy Mode though. It will effect your shows and YOUR popularity, but you won't go up any quicker then if you were putting on great shows anyways. The Names draw the people, but you have to STILL put on the show. The Title's will gain prestige anytime a greater worker has it on and you book title defense's correctly for your company. The more over the star, the more prestigeous the belt becomes over time. Everything works over time though. So although you can only get a special contract with much more over worker's, you can benefit from this in the long run. Having Samoa Joe or someone win your title, and hold it till time for them to leave, would boost your Title's prestige (if your a smaller company then he is over). You would want him to lose it in a match (not just let it get stripped as he leaves), before he leaves though.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;246303]Your question has been pretty much answered. YES, Bigger Champions effect your bussiness. The names do Equal more money and attendance... However: Most "BIG" names aren't going to get hired as a normal worker for you. You will more then likely have to do a short term package, or just hire them on for a much smaller time period. They will have absolutely NO benefits to your shows if people don't know ahead of time they are going to be there though. If they know, then you will see an effect. It DOES NOT = Easy Mode though. It will effect your shows and YOUR popularity, but you won't go up any quicker then if you were putting on great shows anyways. The Names draw the people, but you have to STILL put on the show. The Title's will gain prestige anytime a greater worker has it on and you book title defense's correctly for your company. The more over the star, the more prestigeous the belt becomes over time. Everything works over time though. So although you can only get a special contract with much more over worker's, you can benefit from this in the long run. Having Samoa Joe or someone win your title, and hold it till time for them to leave, would boost your Title's prestige (if your a smaller company then he is over). You would want him to lose it in a match (not just let it get stripped as he leaves), before he leaves though.[/QUOTE] Stupid question, what is a big star then?? I'm a Regional promotion with Pretige of D+, most of my popularity's are E/E+ but I have 1 D- and 1 C-. So are people with popularity above C- big to me, or people with popularity above my prestiage, stars to me? Lots of Ex-WWE stars turn me down because I'm not big enough for them (even Charlie Hass and Wiliam Regal). And what difference does it make by this star being the champ? Surely advanced booking them when they're not the champ will get the figures up too?

Archived