World of Wrestling: ECW Tournament

[CENTER][FONT="Arial Black"]I am running this 16 man tournament with my mod that is in progress, World of Wrestling. This will feature all 15 active ECW wrestlers, plus The Sandman to even the field out at 16. All matches will be contended under sports entertainment style singles matches, except the finals, which will be contended under extreme rules. The bracket is as follows:[/FONT][/CENTER] [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial Black"]Chris Benoit vs. Mike Knox The Miz vs. The Sandman The Boogeyman vs. Viscera Johnny Nitro vs. Balls Mahoney[/COLOR] Elijah Burke vs. Stevie Richards Marcus Cor Von vs. Matt Striker Kevin Thorn vs. Tommy Dreamer CM Punk vs. Nunzio[/FONT]

[CENTER][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]First Round Match Chris Benoit (1) vs. Mike Knox (16)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT="Arial Black"]In this first round match Chris Benoit came out with the early advantage, and he hit numerous suplexes on Mike Knox, and it looked like he was going to have no chance beat The Rabid Wolverine in this one. Benoit continued to stomp away on Knox, and he even began working on his arm, possibly softening it up for the Crippler Crossface. He went for an armbar, but Mike Knox knew it was coming, and he was able to get out of the hold, then took Benoit down with a big clothesline. Knox then started throwing big punches to Benoit, which he was unable to avoid. Knox went for a short arm clothesline, but Benoit threw him in the corner, then started to light him up with some very strong knife edge chops. Benoit then turned it to a whole new level, as he locked in all kinds of armbars on Knox, then dropped a few legdrops on his arm. Benoit then got behind Knox and started to work from behind him, hitting hammerlock kicks and drives, then doubled him over with a forearm to the back. Then almost quicker than you could imagine he locked in the Crossface on Knox, and he had no other choice but to quickly tap out, sending Benoit onto face the winner of the The Miz and The Sandman's first round match. [SIZE="3"]Winner: Chris Benoit Match Time: 7:50 Match Rating: E[/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT="Arial Black"] [SIZE="4"]First Round Match The Miz (8) vs. The Sandman (9)[/SIZE] This match seemed fairly even, but Sandman was angry that this match wasn't extreme rules, which could work against him. Sandman started the match off by taking Miz down a few times, but Miz bounced back with a clothesline, but Sandman wouldn't be taken down. He then exploded back at Miz with a clothesline. Miz also wouldn't stay down, and he came back with a bodyslam and a suplex on Sandman, but strutted too much afterwards as Sandman snuck up behind him and hit a huge full nelson bomb. He then waited as Miz stumbled to his feet and took him down with a bulldog. As Miz fought to his feet one more time Sandman reached back and leveled him with a huge roundhouse punch, then yelled to the crowd that Miz was done. Sandman tried to kick Miz, but he ducked down and took him over with a fireman's carry, then dropped an elbow on Sandman. Miz tried to get Sandman up, but he was punched for his troubles, but then surprised Sandman with a swinging neckbreaker. Miz then waited for Sandman to rise, but he was met with a DDT, then Sandman got on Miz and started whaling away at his head. Sandman then went up top, possibly looking for the Rolling Rock, but Miz knocked him off the turnbuckles, then Irish Whipped him and took him down with another discus punch. Miz then knew he was on top of things and let out a loud.....HOORAH!....before hitting Sandman with a bulldog from the second rope. Miz looked confident as he covered, but Sandman kicked out at two. Miz then looked as if he had enough, as he sat up Sandman for the Mizard of Oz. Sandman quickly blocked his attempt, but Miz was able to get him in a front facelock. As Sandman rubbed his neck Miz locked him back in, then delivered the Mizard of Oz for the victory. [SIZE="3"] Winner: The Miz Match Time: 12:00 Match Rating: C[/SIZE] [/FONT][/CENTER]

[QUOTE=panix04;247291]woo hoo, im glad Benoit went through, movesets seem fairly realistic so far.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I think Benoit is going to be really tough to take down in this tournament, compared to most of the other people in this draft his stats are off the charts. Who am I kidding, against 98% of people his stats are off the charts. But I tried as hard as I could to go into great detail to make sure that the movesets are as realistic as possible. [QUOTE=Woodsmeister;247323]The Miz defeated The Sandman... DAMN! looks good so far i was upset when Johnny Nitro beat Shawn Michalels in my tournament[/QUOTE] If the match would have been extreme rules it would have been much different I think. Once Sandman starts swinging the singapore cane he is hard to stop on here, so Miz got lucky on this one.

i cant remember, are you have WWE as 3 seperate promo's? because if you do then i think with ECW you should make it so all there matches are hardcore. Give it a kind of old school ECW feel. Although i suppose that isn't 100% realistic.

[QUOTE=panix04;247326]i cant remember, are you have WWE as 3 seperate promo's? because if you do then i think with ECW you should make it so all there matches are hardcore. Give it a kind of old school ECW feel. Although i suppose that isn't 100% realistic.[/QUOTE] I have Raw and Smackdown together in one company, then ECW off as their own company with a working agreement with WWE. Seeing as the new ECW is much less hardcore I decided to go with just the singles matches up until the final, then have the hardcore match there. But the most likely final of Punk vs. Benoit would be a great technical one on one match. I guess we'll just see when we get there, if there are two good hardcore wrestlers in a match then I might just make it hardcore for the fun of it.

[FONT="Arial Black"][CENTER] [SIZE="4"]First Round Match The Boogeyman (5) vs. Viscera (12)[/SIZE] The Boogeyman decided to start things early, and he hit two kicks on Viscera, then took him down quick with a clothesline. Viscera worked his way back up and then hit a clothesline of his own before choking Boogeyman out, much to the referee's disapproval. Viscera then tried to suplex Boogeyman, but he fell on top and got the one count on Big Vis. Boogeyman then went back on the offensive with an arm wringer smash, then a short arm back elbow on the big man. Boogeyman then followed up with some mounted punches on Viscera. Boogeyman was feeling good at this point and got up to do some dancing, but Viscera quickly brought him back down with a huge clothesline. Viscera followed up with another choke hold as the ref is fuming. Viscera then forces Boogeyman into the corner and does a boot choke before taking him down with a corner elbow, then a big corner clothesline. Boogeyman still had some left though and he came back with a shoulder tackle, but hit a brick wall as Viscera didn't budge. Viscera then was very unsuccessful with Viscagra as Boogeyman got out of the way, then hit the shoulder tackle, taking Vis down this time. Boogeyman then tried a big splash, but missed, and then Viscera threw him half way across the ring with a back suplex throw. Viscera then hit a hammer lock kick, then tried another back suplex throw, but Boogeyman fell on him and got another one count. Boogeyman then tries to punch Viscera, who is having none of it, then he slams Boogeyman into the ground. Viscera then went to put it away with the Viscera Drop (Big Splash), but Boogeyman got out of the way, then got a two count on Viscera. Viscera worked his way back up, and then continued his domination of Boogeyman with an attempted powerbomb, which Boogeyman fell on top of, but only got a one count. Boogeyman then tried the short arm elbow again on Viscera, who shrugged it off, then nailed the powerbomb on Boogeyman. He then bounced off the ropes for the Viscera Drop, and he missed again as Boogeyman rolled on top of him and got the win, advancing to face the winner of the Johnny Nitro versus Balls Mahoney matchup. [SIZE="3"]Winner: The Boogeyman Match Time: 11:30 Match Rating: C (Not bowling shoe ugly as you might suspect)[/SIZE] [/CENTER][/FONT]

[CENTER][FONT="Arial Black"] [SIZE="4"]First Round Match Johnny Nitro (3) vs. Balls Mahoney (14)[/SIZE] Nobody saw this match coming. For a solid ten minutes these two men traded all sorts of offensive moves, and the most notable thing was Johnny Nitro missing the Corkscrew Moonsault once and the Standing Shooting Star Press twice. Balls Mahoney then dominated the action for quite some time, but when he missed on an attempted Ballbreaker, Nitro took control of the matchup from Mahoney. He hit moves like the springboard dropkick and even a missile dropkick, then tried the Nitro Neckbreaker (The move he did on ECW, a front flip neckbreaker...the name will be changed when I find out what he calls it), but Balls Mahoney was having none of it. There was about ten more minutes of back and fourth action, with way too many failed finisher attempts to count. Then all of a sudden Nitro reversed an attempt at the Nutcracker Suite into the Nitro Neckbreaker, then arrogantly pinned Mahoney, but only got the two count. Nitro then tried to put Mahoney away with a top rope splash, a standing shooting star press, and numerous small packages, but Balls kept kicking out. Finally Nitro connected with another standing shooting star press, then when Mahoney arose he was hit with the Nitro Neckbreaker, and Nitro finally got the pinfall victory as the fans gave them a standing ovation. [SIZE="3"] Winner: Johnny Nitro Match Time: 31:20 Match Rating: A*[/SIZE] [/FONT][/CENTER]

[FONT="Arial Black"][CENTER] [SIZE="4"]First Round Match Elijah Burke (4) vs. Stevie Richards (13)[/SIZE] Elijah Burke looked confident as usual in the beginning as he started working Stevie Richards over with his signature boxing style, throwing jabs and straights for a solid minute, but then Richards turned the tide very quickly with an eye poke, and he dominated the match for nearly the remainder. At one point Richards hit Burke with a deadly face plant, then tried to pump himself up with a loud yell, but Burke got up to his feet and connect with a very strong enzuguri. Burke then looked to stay on top with a single leg Boston Crab, but Richards was having none of it and hit Burke with the inverted atomic drop. After some more Richards domination Burke hit with a DDT, then followed that with a low blow. Burke then looked to gain a decisive advantage with the STO, but Richards avoided the move, then nailed Burke with the Stevie T, and the first upset of the tournament happened three short seconds later. [SIZE="3"]Winner: Stevie Richards Match Time: 7:40 Match Rating: F [/SIZE] [/CENTER][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Black"][CENTER] [SIZE="4"]First Round Match Marcus Cor Von (6) vs. Matt Striker (11)[/SIZE] This matchup can be summed up in two words, complete domination. Right of the gate Cor Von let Striker know why they call him The Alpha Male. He started by weakening him up considerably with a series of strong body punches, then almost knocked his lights out with a few punches to the side of the head. Cor Von then decided that it was time to go to the heavy artillery, and he hit him with a big overhead fallaway slam. Then he continued to show off to the crowd as he hoisted Striker over his head, then dropped him straight down with a press slam. Cor Von then decided he had enough, and he whipped Striker off the ropes for the Pounce, but Striker avoided the contact, a move which would just lead to more punishment for him. He hit Cor Von with a knife edge chop, which had no effect on the big man, and he quickly greeted Striker with a huge vertical suplex. Cor Von could have put it away, but he decided to spike Striker off the mat with a powerbomb first. He then whipped him off the ropes one more time and this time he connected squarely with the Pounce, and this match was over, which was very good news for Matt Striker. [SIZE="3"]Winner: Marcus Cor Von Match Time: 9:10 Match Rating: E [/SIZE] [/CENTER][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Black"][CENTER] [SIZE="4"]First Round Match Kevin Thorn (7) vs. Tommy Dreamer (10)[/SIZE] Many people came into this match expecting a hard fought battle from both men, and no matter the result they were going to see a slugfest. But this was far from the case, as this match was extremely one sided, and not to the side you may have expected. Kevin Thorn started out trying to hit a flurry of punches on Tommy Dreamer, and that's about as far as he got in offense on the day. Dreamer quickly started unloading on Thorn with a series of blows of his own, and after taking Thorn down with them he proceeded to stomp all over Thorn, and even threw in a choke hold for good measure. Thorn got one glimmer of hope in the form of a clothesline, but Dreamer was able to regain the advantage right away by attacking Thorn as he tried to get him up. Dreamer then starting hitting Thorn with everything he had, including a mean roundhouse punch, a mounted punch flurry, and a few running dropkicks. Dreamer then let out a loud scream, and as Thorn got to his feet Dreamer lifted him up on his shoulders, then spiked his head off the mat with the Spicolli Driver for the victory. [SIZE="3"]Winner: Tommy Dreamer Match Time: 6:00 Match Rating: E[/SIZE] [/CENTER][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial Black"][CENTER] [SIZE="4"]First Round Match CM Punk (2) vs. Nunzio (15)[/SIZE] Nunzio had witnesses two recent upsets in this tournament, and he made the decision that in the final first round match he would have the biggest upset of them all. The only problem with this was that nobody told CM Punk about this plan. Nunzio started with an eye gouge and a punch to Punk, but he didn't take too kindly to this and he started unloading with elbow strikes and slap kicks to Nunzio, chasing him around the ring as he tried to avoid the muay thai offensive strikes of CM Punk. Punk hit a double underhook suplex on Nunzio, then threw him into the corner, and he followed it with a corner high knee, taking him down in a heap. Punk then locked in a single leg Boston crab on Nunzio, and he was clearly in the driver's seat at this point. Punk forced Nunzio up to his feet, then brought him down right on top of his dome with a DDT. He then signaled that it was over, and he forced Nunzio up, hit an elbow strike on him, then hoisted him up and nailed him with the Go To Sleep for the proverbial squash match victory. [SIZE="3"]Winner: CM Punk Match Time: 6:10 Match Rating: F [/SIZE] [U]Round Analysis[/U] The round went pretty much like most people expected with only a few exceptions. The round was full of mostly squash matches, with a couple decent matches and one very good match. Expect the match quality to rise considerably in the second round as more even opponent's will be facing off. So strap yourself in tight, this is about to get interesting. [/CENTER][/FONT]

Well because of last night's events I feel like it would be the right thing to do right now would just be to give Miz a pass onto the next round. I really don't know how to deal with it in terms of this tournament, so maybe the people that have read it could leave some ideas. Should the Chris Benoit match go on here, or should Miz just move on and just drop Benoit from the tournament?

[FONT="Arial Black"][CENTER] [SIZE="4"]Quarterfinal Round Match The Miz (8) vs. Balls Mahoney (14)[/SIZE] Balls Mahoney entered this match as a replacement for Chris Benoit and he looked to capitalize on this opportunity. Mahoney took Miz down numerous times, then stayed on top of him with seated punch flurries. Miz failed to get anything going for the first several minutes, but he eventually turned things around after he avoided a full nelson butt bomb from Mahoney and took him down with a discus punch. The action then turned into some good back and forth attacks, with each man gaining the action for a short time, then the action would turn right back to the other man. Mahoney then got the advantage back for an extended period of time, then went to hit the Nutcracker Suite on Miz, but he slipped out of it and hit the Mizard of Oz. He then went for the pin on Mahoney, but Balls kicked out at the last second. Miz then got him back up for another Mizard of Oz, but Mahoney blocked it and went for the Ballbreaker, but Miz again avoided a Mahoney finisher and hit another Mizard of Oz, this time getting the three count. [SIZE="3"]Winner: The Miz Match Time: 13:00 Match Rating: B[/SIZE] [/CENTER][/FONT]

Archived