WWE is now selling 'I Did It' T-shirts

PeterHilton

[url]http://shopzone.wwe.com/Product_detail.asp?cat=cat-tshirts&productId=01-09051[/url] While awesome and hilarious and awesomely hilarious, does this sort of stick a hole in the storyline? Or should we just assume no self-respeting human being is taking this seriously? Or is that assumption destroyed by the fact that the WWE stock dropped because some people apparently tok the story to heart? And yes, I've already ordered one.

Wow... Just... Wow... BTW, the guy who's supposed to be doing the investigation said that a third party is involved. They "found DNA" belonging to a "well known personality". See the story on WWE.com This leads me to believe: A. The WWE is stupid. How would they know who's DNA it is? Unless they have something to compare it to, they'd never know who's it is! The FBI doesn't have a database with everyone's DNA structure in it! Even if they did, it would take weeks to find a match. B. The person who "did it" isn't a WWE superstar. I think they'd just say "WWE Superstar" instead of "Well-Known personality" if it was.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;249111] This leads me to believe: A. The WWE is stupid. How would they know who's DNA it is? Unless they have something to compare it to, they'd never know who's it is! The FBI doesn't have a database with everyone's DNA structure in it! Even if they did, it would take weeks to find a match. B. The person who "did it" isn't a WWE superstar. I think they'd just say "WWE Superstar" instead of "Well-Known personality" if it was.[/QUOTE] Well, they could possibly follow it up by saying "the reason we have a DNA sample to compare it with is because this person had committed a crime before " or something similar. Although I'm with you that it's probably a plot hole.

[QUOTE=mjdgoldeneye;249111]Wow... Just... Wow... BTW, the guy who's supposed to be doing the investigation said that a third party is involved. They "found DNA" belonging to a "well known personality". See the story on WWE.com This leads me to believe: A. The WWE is stupid. How would they know who's DNA it is? Unless they have something to compare it to, they'd never know who's it is! The FBI doesn't have a database with everyone's DNA structure in it! Even if they did, it would take weeks to find a match. B. The person who "did it" isn't a WWE superstar. I think they'd just say "WWE Superstar" instead of "Well-Known personality" if it was.[/QUOTE] There is a simple answer Steve-O, he has had legal problems. Also he would give you a DNA sample without even asking. In fact you wouldn't know it was coming till it was too late.

[QUOTE=jagilki;249114]I've been hearing rumbling of the "Well Known" personality being one of the Jackass guys.[/QUOTE] Well Steve-O has been all over his blog saying how he and the Jackass guys are filming promos for SummerSlam and how they will be headlining the event. Possibly. Although if it is him it makes the whole thing a colossal waste of time from a booking standpoint.

[B][I]On June 11, 2007, the unimaginable occurred when Mr. McMahon's limo exploded as he left Raw’s McMahon Appreciation Night leaving the question: WHO DID IT? As we continue to mourn this sudden lost suspicions are arising. Everyone knows Mr. McMahon had a multitude of enemies, maybe it was YOU! Confess your hand in this heinous act by owning the I DID IT T-shirt today! Black. 100% cotton. Screen-printed in the USA. Imported.[/I][/B] Yes, that is awesomely hilarious.

I'm honestly loving the storyline more than ever thanks mainly to two groups of people. 1. Oddballs that actually think its real. 2. People who are so hilariously over the top in their indignance at a storyline in a glorified soap/carnival. The T-Shirt is great because it confuses group one and annoys group two! Who killed Vince? It was me, in the car park, with Adam Bomb! :)

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;249224][B][I]On June 11, 2007, the unimaginable occurred when Mr. McMahon's limo exploded as he left Raw’s McMahon Appreciation Night leaving the question: WHO DID IT? As we continue to mourn this sudden lost suspicions are arising. Everyone knows Mr. McMahon had a multitude of enemies, maybe it was YOU! Confess your hand in this heinous act by owning the I DID IT T-shirt today! Black. 100% cotton. Screen-printed in the USA. Imported.[/I][/B] Yes, that is awesomely hilarious.[/QUOTE] They payed that off PERFECTLY!

I think that's a great gimmick! However, the "in memory of Vince Mcmahon" on the back annoys me just a little bit because it devalues other, more sincere, merchandise. Then again, I've always disagreed with merchandise profits generated by someone's death. So, if this is a pisstake, as I expect, well played in my book. Quote The raven Nevermore

Do you think maybe we should applaud the WWE creative team for havin the 'grapefruits' to go through with this angle and create a sort of buzz again in pro wrestling thats been missin for awhile? They're doing something different and no matter how crappy it looks on tv (and it looks crappy) ya gotta give WWE props!

I seriously wish the guys writing this knew what the bloody hell they were doing. The concept is brilliant, and if they had people who knew how to write the scripts RIGHT, it'd be one of the best story lines wrestling has had in YEARS. We NEED the shock value back, because it's just not there anymore, and unfortunately it's looking like it never will be again. Last 4 HUGE shocks in wrestling. Vince McMahon's "Death" ROH Gets a PPV Deal Angle to TNA Hulk Hogan Turns Heel TWO, were story lines. Where has the unexpected been?

Totally agree with the above two posts. I think it's a great storyline and the writers should given credit for trying something so risky. Unforunately, unless this is well done and thought outits going to be a complate train wreck towards the end. Best thing they could is reveal some 'supsects' let that simmer for a while, and spend a couple weeks or so simply letting specualtion run wild w/o adding any more clues. It would still create buzz for the storyline and maybe it would give them some time to figure out what the hell they're doing. Because just adding stuff that 'might' be clues w/ furthering storylines only makes things more confusing..witness Lost this season.

The thing they have to do above all else, is not bring him back. As much as I think Vince McMahon could be the most over person there with EASE, and is the single best man on the stick they've got these days, it's time for him to be dead. Let him actually be DEAD. The problem with this, is that whoever did it, when revealed, can no longer ever show up at a WWE event, or any other wrestling promotion event, without is just ruining the whole thing, because...yea..seriously. Trips gonna beat him down with a sledgehammer, and that be considered revenge for dear old dad? Don't think so. Actually. My money is on Trips as the culprit.

[QUOTE=Arrows;249323]The thing they have to do above all else, is not bring him back. As much as I think Vince McMahon could be the most over person there with EASE, and is the single best man on the stick they've got these days, it's time for him to be dead. Let him actually be DEAD. The problem with this, is that whoever did it, when revealed, can no longer ever show up at a WWE event, or any other wrestling promotion event, without is just ruining the whole thing, because...yea..seriously. Trips gonna beat him down with a sledgehammer, and that be considered revenge for dear old dad? Don't think so. Actually. My money is on Trips as the culprit.[/QUOTE] That's why I think it'll be Vince himself in the end. "It was me Austin, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!" Probably not before three other people have been "incontravertably" identified as the culprit though. :)

To be honest, If they make this out that one of the Jackass guys blew up the limo then It will be a MASSIVE let down! Seriously, It would be the most mindless storyline I've ever heard of... And in no way would it benefit the WWE. If they said it was a wrestler, that wrestler would most likely receive a huge push. If it's a Jackass fool, then it will end up going down as a colossal piece of trash. haha. Sorry for being so "argh" about it, but if its true that they might put it on the Jackass peeps... it will show exactly whats wrong with wrestling writers!

I concur, if they pin it on the Jackass people, Smarks and Marks alike will fart on it big time! If they pin it on an upper mid-carder then that guy is main event material right off the bat. Could be a huge feud with Trips, who wouldn't pay to watch a "you killed my wifes dad match"? By the way, Arrows, i laughed my ass off at the comparisons to the Rikishi V Austin reference. lol, if they hadn't had Austin bury Rikishi in that match they could have made 'the big Keesh' a star!

Guest loves2spooge
i don't think it would make sense to put it on one of the jackass boys cause wouldn't you go to jail if you exploded someone it would be ruined when they turn up to do an interview or some kind of appearance the next day this killer is someone in the company that they can torture over the next year

[QUOTE=loves2spooge;249738]i don't think it would make sense to put it on one of the jackass boys cause wouldn't you go to jail if you exploded someone it would be ruined when they turn up to do an interview or some kind of appearance the next day this killer is someone in the company that they can torture over the next year[/QUOTE] Who also would also go to jail, having exploded someone as the storyline says they did. Thus it will also be ruined when they turn up to do an interview or some kind of appearence the next day. But that's what happens when you run moronic storylines like this.

Archived