Freaks Unite! (Real World, kinda)

"Hey. Dude. Hey." "Do I know you?" "You know that movie with that guy that humped that pie?" "Umm... yeah." "I directeded it." "Good for you?" "Damn straight good for me! Excuse me, I've gotta go deliver a golden shower to that rose bush I saw out in the yard." I hate college parties. I really, really do. Especially when some quasi-celebrity you've never heard of gets invited after delivering a keynote speech and then [i]totally[/i] bangs your girlfriend in the next room while you're watching the music video to "I Can't Believe It's Not Booty" with some guy claiming to be wearing an H.P. Lovecraft costume. Then the California douchebag comes waddling out of the kitchen (For God's sake, the kitchen! They didn't even find an empty bedroom!) and brags about directing a movie you're pretty sure he didn't direct. ****ing Hollywood types. Why, yes, I am wallowing in self pity. My girlfriend just cheated on me with a Kevin Smith wannabe, it's unseasonably hot for this time of year, and I don't even go to college. This is the last time I'm going to accept an invitation to a college party from someone in my gaming group, I swear to- "Hey." "This is a bad moment. I'm trying to get an angry internal monologue going." "Oh." Like I was saying, the last time I'll accept a party invitation from someone in my gaming group, I swear to Whedon. There aren't even any good drinks, just some crappy beer and a couple of cases of Smirnoff that ran out- "You enjoying that?" "You're still here? I told you, angry internal monologue! I can't keep it going if you're going to interrupt me." "I'm sorry, I thought you'd be interested in an opportunity to put your creative juices to use outside of Mutants & Masterminds games and comic book message boards." "What are you even talking about?" "You a wrestling fan?" "I was. Even got some training right after high school, when I thought about getting into it myself. It didn't really come together, though, and I'm stuck doing not much of anything at the moment." "You interested in a job?" "Umm... doing what?" "I'm trying to scramble together a booking team. I bought a wrestling promotion off of eBay. I've got a ring, TV equipment, lighting stuff, and a lease on a building that's good for about the next year and a half. Need some guys willing to work on it." "And you just picked me out of a crowd at a college party." "No, that'd be stupid. A friend recommended you, a college buddy named Bester." "And this is why Bester invited me." "Yeah, I guess. Look, I gotta go. We'll get into specifics later. Meet me at the corner of Fourth and Kennedy tomorrow. Tell the doorman 'I herd you liek Mudkips' and he should let you in." The guy didn't even tell me his name. This is either the opportunity of a lifetime or the setup to some kind of awful practical joke. Only one way to find out...

Archived